Start by marking “Our Song” as Want to Read:
Our Song

Our Song

The stunning new emotional drama from ebook phenomenon Dani Atkins, author of Fractured - perfect for fans of Jojo Moyes and Dorothy Koomson. This is the story of Ally and Charlotte, whose paths have intersected over the years though they've never really been close friends. Charlotte married Ally's ex and first true love, David. Fate is about to bring them together one las ...more
Published January 28th 2016 by Simon & Schuster Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Our Song, please sign up.
Rosina McLaughlin Well Ally effectively gave David, her first love, her husbands heart & David is her son's father so I guess all three will be inextricably linked…moreWell Ally effectively gave David, her first love, her husbands heart & David is her son's father so I guess all three will be inextricably linked for life!(less)

Karen
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Our Song is a story of two couples, who by fate and circumstances find themselves in the same hospital intensive care unit one night. Ally is married to Joe but one selfless act has led to him lying in a hospital bed. Charlotte is married to David - who also lies in a nearby room. David was Ally's first love and she has always felt that Charlotte was instrumental in their split. Over a period of 24 hours, we go back to their past and get to know their history.

This is the first book I have read b
Rachel Gilbey
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no idea how to start this review, nor do I have any idea how to convey the utter brilliance of this book. Right from the first chapter I was hooked. Dani Atkins has produces an emotional and gripping story, that will draw you in and won't let you go until you are finished. And even afterwards Our Song has the power to keep you thinking about it after you have finally finished.

I strongly believe that Our Song could be an early contender for one of my books of 2016. It has been that well w
Miz
I received a hard copy of this book to review. Then I'll pass on to anyone interested - let me know.

This was very well written. The plot surrounds two female characters and how a couple of decisions can change your life. It's a bit about soulmates, but also about making the best of what life throws at you - whether 'alls fair in life and war' or 'you reap what you sow'. I loved the strong female characters and how they reacted in very familiar ways and could see myself and my friends in the char
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreaking! Completely tore my heart to shreds! But oh so well written. I was blown away by the story and even though I could see where it was heading, I wasn't disappointed. Truly fantastic. A contender for my book of the year so far!
Anne
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Our Song by Dani Atkins is published by Simon & Schuster, in paperback on 28 January 2016, the ebook is released on 21 January.

Our Song is the first of Dani Atkins' books that I've read, and if this one is anything to go by, then I've missed out on some real treats, I will be rectifying that!

It's very rare that I actually cry when reading a book. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a hard heart, it's just that I tend to well up at visual images; news stories, film and TV, rather than words on a
Lynda Kelly
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
LOVED this book though I was sobbing through most of the final chapters !! So I would not read it in public. I'm just glad I finished it in the bath as opposed to my break at work as it wouldn't have been a great look !!
I adored Ally and Joe and I'm no child-lover but little Jake was a sweetheart too. I liked how she opened it with you not knowing which man was being described in which situation he found himself.
I did spot a few mistakes and if the story hadn't been as good as it is I'd have kn
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every once in a while a book comes along that captures you and your emotions, a book that draw you in completely from page one, a book that is full of charm and characters that you not only want to reach out for but take over your life completely, a book that has a few unexpected twists and turns and one that you simply just can't put down.

Our Song by Dani Atkins does exactly just that.

Our Song is beautifully written with scenes that will tug at even the toughest of readers and starts off by giv
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
The best weepy since Me Before You and my favourite book of 2016 so far.
Hayley
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe I'm cold but this fell flat for me.I saw the 'twists' coming early on and this was way too long.
Aisyah Roslan
Our Song tells the story of two couples, where their lives once again intertwined when the husbands David and Joe were rushed to the hospital with their lives in danger. With all the history behind them, the two women have to spend the night at the ICU waiting for the fate of their respective husbands who are fighting for their lives.

My head hurts after I read this book, not because it was bad but because I cried my eyes out, especially towards the end of the story when it was the hardest. Dani
Hannah
Jody
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review first posted on my blog 'A Spoonful of Happy Endings': http://spoonfulofhappyendings.blogspo...

'Our Song' focuses on two female characters: Ally and Charlotte, whose lives are about to completely change within the time span of just 24 hours. The two women are no strangers, since they met at university several years ago and Charlotte is now married to Ally's ex, David. Unexpected circumstances bring the two of them together at the ICU of the same hospital and only one thing is for certain:
Isabell
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Originally posted on Dreaming With Open Eyes

So here I am falling in love with a new author. I am so happy I finally picked up one of Dani Atkins books. It was the first book I read by Dani Atkins and certainly won’t be the last! Our Song is gut wrenchingly beautiful. A story that will haunt you for days afterwards. I'm looking forward to reading more of this author's work.

I don't want to give away any spoilers I'd want readers to discover it for themselves, not listen to me gushing about how a
Lisa Hall
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, can I just confess that I still haven't read ANY of Dani Atkins' books? They are sat on my kindle, but seem to be getting pushed further down the TBR pile. After reading this though, that has to change - Our Song is a beautifully written story of four people and how their lives have been interwoven. It's heartbreaking and emotional, and by the end I was RUINED, but in a good way, if that's even possible.
The characters are flawed, but this makes them even more real. It's not often
Beth McCraw
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Y’all. This book. THIS BOOK!!! This is why I read, people! Lord have mercy, how will I recover!?!?😭😭😭
Camila Costa
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 ⭐
Prepare yourselves, because here comes some drama.

I've missed so much reading something like this. Usually I prefer fantasy, cause I think the world as we know is already so full of bad things... That when I read I wanna get out of this place, I wanna travel galaxies and other worlds and meet people who have powers and abilities that don't exist. It's my escape valve.

But sometimes... Sometimes we have to read some reality. We have to read some drama, some pure and evil drama, just to remi
Agi
Dec 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, 2016-releases

Oh man. It is going to be very difficult. I've read Dani Atkins' both previous books and they had incredible impact on me - they were so emotional and if I were looking for author to compare the writing to, I would go for Jessica Thompson. I haven't reviewed Dani's debut novel "Fractured", as it left me speechless and I couldn't find enough words to prize it, and I also loved "The Story of Us", so you can imagine how excited I was when, totally unexpectedly, a beautiful proof copy of "Our Song"
Salma Mattar
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-faves
One of the greatest novels of all time .. I'll treasure this book and keep it in a dear place in both my heart and my library.
I cant describe how I'm feeling after I finished it .. My heart is shuttered because even when I predicted the most important 3 things .. I still couldn't get over what happened and the way the Author delivered this book to us .. she kept me in an aww with her magnificent and one of a kind way of writing as she kept my heart aching after finishing each chapter.
When I was
Kattaleiin
This was a good Story, nice Plot and very well written. But the thing is - it didn't had something special in it. The beginning and all of the switching between past and present and the perspectives; it got me hooked. Still, even before I was half through, I could predict everything, and I was always right, even at the End. So at the End, I always got a little bored...
I don't want to say that it's because "It's cliché" (as usual), I mean it had something. But that something wasn't something that
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tear-jerker, romantic
Good page turner, and would have given it 3 stars, but I found the ending both predictable and emotionally manipulative.
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was not a perfect book, but it was an example of a book that kept my interest the whole way through, and finished with a satisfying resolution.

My main complaint is that the book opens with these two guys who are both absolutely the most perfect husbands ever. And I’m sorry, but even the best husbands are just not that perfect!!! These guys are irritatingly wonderful, their every thought stuck on how magnificent their wives were, and how much they wanted to get back to them. Yeah, yeah, okay
Areebaflaunts
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Drenched in emotions. This book was the finest drama and romance that I've read so far.
One night and a day that sums up thousand stories of the surprising past and the unplanned future of two couples, two best friends who have long lost connections and two pair of lovers - one of whom have found love as a missing piece lying close in her house (Ally and Joe), and the other who never planned to be together but She took the chance and made him hers (David and Charlotte). But there is one lost love
Steph Hayward-bailey
I love Atkins books so much but they distort me every time I read one. They are so emotional and the way they are written makes you connect with the characters so deeply. Another tear jerking ending, but I loved it.
Ann
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Dani Atkins other books particularly Fractured but I struggled with this one. It was so long and at times rather boring. Also didn't much like any of the main characters.
Rebecca
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally reviewed on Becca's Books.

Our Song is the first novel that I've read by Dani Atkins, and after falling beneath this phenomenal storyteller's spell, it will not be the last. This tale was so seamlessly told, unravelled ribbon by ribbon, only to deliver a sumptuously emotional middle, that broke my heart over and over again. It was powerful and real, and one that will remain with me for a very long time to come.

I'm sure that I've mentioned this before, in reviews when the author has cho
Simona
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This book is AMAZING!!!!

Two women, two lives, two husbands, one child, one hospital.

Ally and Charlotte meet again after many years. A few years back Ally was with David, Charlotte’s husband now. The two women meet again, under bad circumstances, in the relative’s room of a hospital. Both their husbands had an accident and their lives are in danger, the night counts. Both women face a lot already, without the other
Vicki Bowles
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was very lucky to receive a proof copy of this and I'm so glad I did. I was hooked from the start by Dani's beautiful writing, the plot weaving seamlessly between the present - just one night - and the past, slowly reveals ng the back story.

Without (hopefully) giving anything away, I can honestly say I have never cried so much reading a book. Andy Jones's The Two of Us made me sob too but this ripped my heart out, chewed it up and spat it out again. In a good way, of course. Oh my God, did it
Sky
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book completely broke me. I don't think I have ever cried so much reading the ending of a book.
Such a beautiful heart wrenching story that will leave you wanting to hug your own loved ones tightly.
Alison
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Weak, obvious writing style and predictable ending but nice idea.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 25, 2017 09:36AM

• Fast Time (Racing on the Edge #8)
  • I Heart Forever (I Heart Series, Book 7)
  • The Sun in Her Eyes
  • When To Let Go
  • The Other Sister
  • Here to Stay (The Fish Tales, #3)
  • Song of the Skylark
  • Written in the Stars
  • Und nebenan warten die Sterne
  • Dead Lovely
  • The Winter Wedding
  • Will You Remember Me? (No Greater Love #6)
Dani was born and brought up in Cockfosters- a small London suburb at the end of the Piccadilly Tube Line.

This served her well for commuting into the city, where from the age of 18 she worked in a succession of secretarial positions in companies as diverse as a BMW car dealership to the BBC. Dani spent her two hour commute avidly reading and dreamed that one day she would become an author herself
“You say goodbye to the people you love thousands of times in a lifetime: every time they walk out of the front door; every time you hang up the phone; every waved farewell. You just never know which of those goodbyes is going to be the last one.” 5 likes
“You say goodbye to the people you love thousands of times in a lifetime: every time they walk out the front door; every time you hang up the phone; every farewell. You just never know which of those goodbyes is going to be the last one.” 0 likes