Start by marking “Lotus” as Want to Read:

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  252 Ratings  ·  141 Reviews
To break a heart is easy.
All you have to do is reach in, wrap your blood covered hands around it, and pull.
This happened to me.
Two hands, both red as my hair, did this exact thing.
Tore it away like it wasn’t made for me.
Maybe it was his to take?
Because years on, with those same blood red hands, he still has it.
In his hands.
And he won’t give it back.
But the real que
Published (first published July 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Lotus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lotus

KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LOTUS: by T.L. Smith is a standalone dark, romance book and suitable for readers 18 years and above. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ and flits from ‘Past to Present’ effortlessly. A second chance romance. In this we meet Orion Hurley and Lotus Vein.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Orion and Lotus had a toxic soul crushing love that travelled full speed from a high so high to a low they drowned in. They were complete opposites in every way. He grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, both parents alcoholics.

My mother was
Natalie The Biblioholic
It's LIVE! http://bit.ly/2v2ph3D

3.5 "When love turns to hate and turns back to love" stars!!

At 17, Orion and Lotus met and it was as if their hearts decided to finally beat. He was from the wrong side of the tracks and all he knew was desperation and struggle. She was the light granting him peace and a taste of normal. He refused to let the dirt and sins of his life taint her so he kept his secrets close. But over the next few years, those secrets ate away at their foundation until eventually
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

OH THIS SOUNDS INTRIGUING!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
To break a heart is easy.
This happened to me.
Two hands, both red as my hair, did this exact thing.
Tore it away like it wasn’t made for me.
Maybe it was his to take?
Because years on, with those same blood red hands, he still has it.
In his hands.
And he won’t give it back.
But the real question is, do I want it back.
He
Dani
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure how to review this book. T.L. Smith really knows how to weave a beautiful story, both filled with angst, tension, sensual beauty, and just raw emotion. Lotus is not an average love and loss story. It's filled with so much more. It will grip you, and I mean it will reach into your chest, capture your heart and squeeze. The words on the pages hold you hostage for much longer than you'd think. Long after you've read the last word, closed the book, you'll still be in the murky depths al ...more
Heaven Scheuring
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
This book was capitvating until the very end!
I love TL Smith's writing style and this book did not disappoint!
Lotus is a great second chance romance with a touch of suspense. There are so many details in the story and I absolutely loved that!
Orion and Lotus truly have a one of a kind love story that proves love trumps all! They drowned themselves in each other. No matter what obstacles they faced their love remained!
Excellent read!!
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐ 3.5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐

“ He was my number one addiction, and I was his.”

There’s this thing about loving someone who isn’t good for you. Your heart doesn’t get the memo because it beats for the soul purpose of that person and your brain, doesn’t register that falling in love is a bad idea but yet you fall. So heartache becomes your middle name and sorrow your last because you decided to give in to the one thing that has the ability to hurt you. Walking away isn’t an option in most cases because you
Shabby- BookBistroBlog
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love sucks fucking ass.
description
Ain't that the truth. Couldn't be more true than Orion Hurley and Lotus Vein's love story. It's more about unbridled passion that fuses their hearts together. They both are from different start as of life, different attitudes and mindsets. Yet Lotus sees in him, what nobody could see....his heart !
description
“It’s only as dirty as you make it out to be. To me, it wasn’t. It was fine .
Maybe that’s what you see him in, too. You never really saw the bad, just the good you wanted.”

Orion
~lil maso~
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book consumed me.

Their impossible, addictive, drowning in each other's love.
You can feel the pull that draws them together.

I don't think I have read anything with this kind of magnetic love.
This book surprised me and I don't get surprised often.

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*

phyl

For more reviews, news and giveaways, check out Saucy Reviews on Kinky Korner at;
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |
Instagram
Phyl
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book consumed me. Their impossible, addictive, drowning in each other's love. You can feel the pull that draws them together. I don't think I have read anything with this kind of magnetic love. This book surprised me and I don't get surprised often.

Tammy - After Dark Book Lovers - A Slice Of Fiction
This is quite the second chance romance, with an edge, story.

Orion and Lotus.
He was dark. She was light.
He was quiet. She was voiced.
He was dangerous. She was good.
He was low. She was high.

They were opposite in so many ways, but that is what brought them together. They became an addiction. One that could destroy them. They were young and fantasized of a future.

Then life got in the way (of course it did!). Sacrifices were made. Love this time couldn’t save them.

Then fate stepped in with on
Becca
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing

description

HOLY SUPERMAN and the yummiest macaroni!! What have I just read??? I knew TL Smith was an amazing, mind-blowing author, but how can she do this to me every-freaking-time? I feel like my soul had been kidnapped and been to an other galaxy, created by TL Smith.

description

This book is fucking powerful. I’m talking about the heart-wrenching, soul conquering kind of strength. It will leave a mark on your heart and soul as well. And you will love every minute of it. No matter what. I just couldn’t resist it, I d
BFDU
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

I have no idea why I keep doing this to myself, I honestly don't. My head is mush, my heart hurts, and I am lost for words....Why?

Ohh that's right, how could I or anyone for that matter ever forget....

That's what happens each and every single time I read a TL Smith novel, because she knows how to get into your head, manipulate your every thought, and makes it hard to even catch your brea
Lisa Sylva (The Book Bistro)
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love is so many things and it's all here in this book!

T.L. Smith tells a story of true love and all it's beauty - a real love that they know is theirs and theirs only and that it has never died but it is seriously & potentially lethal in so many ways. How do you fix something like this? The complexity of the situation and the nature of it is so complicated that you don't know what will happen. And if you've ever read a T.L. Smith book, you'll know to expect the unexpected sometimes. It reall
Tongan Book Lover (Ofa Tafa)
---> Advanced Review Copy <---

Reviewed by 'Ofa of Tongan Book Lover

Lotus by T. L. Smith. A kind of second chance romance for the books. An angsty novel that will have your hearts beating a hundred miles a minute, and the emotions you experience, absolutely tear you apart. It's crazy how one book can change who you are as a person so much. You can't help but be affected by the beautiful tragedy that is this story.

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a cover whore. When I saw this cover, I fell
Heather Pollock
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing

QueenZany 5 Star Review
T.L Smith

I’m so at a loss for words!
T.L Smith has decimated my reality! Breaking me! Making me lose my shit!
She pulled me into her web, of twisted turns, mind altering reality, killing my every thought and making me gasp!
Waiting for that next “Wham Bam Thankyou Mam” to hit me! Fuck it hit me hard! Like getting the force of knuckle punch!

Now all I can think about is that Love of Orion and Lotus!! Shit they were the
Nadine
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

Lotus is my third book of T.L. Smith and if I was a fan after the first two books, I'm now hooked to her dark, twisted and sexy romance stories.

T.L. Smith has a real talent here, writing characters with some fucked-up minds but still you get drawn to them like moths to the light. What I also adore about her writing style is that she's able to tell you things but at the same time she doesn't. The story unfolds itself throughout
Tish Delanoy
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm not even sure where to begin, especially without giving anything away. Lotus was hot, dark and angsty. The connection between Orion and Lotus is undeniable and strong. You won't find any hearts and flowers in this one but what you do get is so much better. Once you start, it's gonna be impossible for you to put down.

This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this review voluntarily
Jen
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! freaking awesome!!
Brenda Travers
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever been blindsided by love? You know that blinding but heart stopping kinda LOVE where you feel like your falling and drowning and nothing and no one will ever compare? That is the kinda love that Orion and Lotus have, that kind that will crush you and gut till you are a mere shadow of yourself.

I am captivated by T.L. Smith's words, they impact the readers they keep you Intrigued, Intoxicated and downright aching for every page. Her dark mind is like my kryptonite and I cannot get en
Konny
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lotus by T.L. Smith is a stand-alone , a dark read.
" To break a heart is easy. " Yes it is. Lotus not only broke Orions heart, she ripped it out of his chest and took it with her. And vice versa.
Lotus Vein is light, a lawyer who works with and for children.
Orion is dark, a man with a ugly past.
They cant be with and not be without each other.
What do you do with someone who stole your heart and never gave it back.
I literally just finished the book and it left me speechless. Ilove the writing and
Jan
Lies,sex,secrets,passion.

We were mad,crazy,uncontrolled lovers who found our way back to one another. Let's hope we don't destroy each other.

Once again TL SMITH has blown me away with her cryptic words, a captivating plot and characters who are immersed in each and you find yourself immersed in them too. TL Smith has the ability in her writing to pull you along with the characters through the angst,hurt,pain and joys and you just have to sit back & enjoy.

Two people who were better off apar
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
I feel like it has been awhile since I have read this author and I truly missed her writing style !! The characters always have tragic flaws and come from tragedy and attempt to rise above to gain happiness. In this story I love the dark aspects of it , the suspense and the forbidden things that go on. Orion and Lotus not only have unique names they are very unique people.

Lotus sweeps into Orion's world quietly but fiercely when they are teens and despite things going horribly wrong for them sh
Donna Wright
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it

Omg, this book has to be one of the best books that I have read by this author and to say I enjoyed it would be a understatement. I have been back and forth with this review and I didn't really know what I was going to write. Again we are taken on a very twisted yet beautiful story that is well written and leaves you wondering what the he'll you just read. Which is the complete norm with TL Smith.

The Characters are great and there chemistry is completely evident from the first words. I
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
"My first taste of Lotus Vein.
It wouldn't be my last.
I was the murky water that surrounded the beautiful flower.
My only hope was that she didn't drown in my depths."

All consuming, until everything else disappears, a love that all encompassing that you can't even breathe. That is the type of love that can destroy you. Lotus has been existing since Orion told her it was over. In a trance, walking through her life only as a spectator rather than a willing participant, she seems to have it all. A m
Cindy
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AH-FREAKING-MAZING!!

TL Smith continues to capture and captivate my love of dark romance!
She continues to pull me in and leave me wanting more!! I could feel the emotions, the love the heartache, the desperation of the characters. I'm soooo addicted to her stories! I never want them to ends!!!

Lotus isn't your hearts and flowers romance, but then again nothing I've read from this author is. She's dark, gritty, her characters suffer. And I eat up Every... Single... Bite!!!

Lotus and Orion are fro
Whitney Cannavina
Orion and Lotus started out like an explosion and crashed and burned leaving them both broken and trying to find their sanity in the rubble. Years later Orion has turned his dark past and life around, becoming legit and leaving the life of crime behind. He's ready to fight for Lotus. Lotus is ready to run.

Their story is heartbreaking in its passion and heartbreak. The characters ruined each other for anyone else while suffocating in their chaos. With a second chance to make it right, Lotus has
Kimberlys
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
T.L.Smith does it again, what you ask? She has blown me away. I love love love her books and this one is right up there. This story is about an unshakeable love. A love that is strong, and love that always hangs on no matter where life takes you. These 2 characters are so flawed, but together they are perfect. This story has a little bit of everything and will leave you gasping for more. This story is told in alternating views.

photo Logow-stuff_zpsf1b94j8f.png
Tersia Eloff
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read second change romances, that being said I read TL Smith without fully knowing what the book is about. I love her work that much.

Lotus was a well written second change romance, had everything. Suspense, surprises, hot Alpha male, and that smoking hot cover, how stunning is that! Just had to slip it in.

I drowned in every minute of Lotus and Orion's love story, I use the word drown because of the way they express their love for each other.

If second change romances are your th
Tami czenkus
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quite the unique take on second chance romance!!
Bad Boy + Preppy Girl= An Explosive all consuming Love affair that will stay with you forever!!!
Lotus and Orion have that once in a lifetime kind of love, but loving someone that fast and that much can be as toxic as it is exhilarating. One tragic night was all it took to make it all come crashing down on them both.
Years can dampen feelings and heal hearts....... Or can it?
Hop on and hold on tight for one heck of an emotional rollercoaster you
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L Smith can be found in almost any chocolate store, eating all the chocolate. She lives in Brisbane, Australia with her two kids and husband. Her favourite things to do is dancing, writing, reading and travelling the world. A lover for twisted words and things that make your heart pump you can find her on the following pages.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/auth