Start by marking “Lotus” as Want to Read:

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  353 Ratings  ·  148 Reviews
To break a heart is easy.
All you have to do is reach in, wrap your blood covered hands around it, and pull.
This happened to me.
Two hands, both red as my hair, did this exact thing.
Tore it away like it wasn’t made for me.
Maybe it was his to take?
Because years on, with those same blood red hands, he still has it.
In his hands.
And he won’t give it back.
But the real que
Published (first published July 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Lotus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lotus

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LOTUS: by T.L. Smith is a standalone dark, romance book and suitable for readers 18 years and above. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ and flits from ‘Past to Present’ effortlessly. A second chance romance. In this we meet Orion Hurley and Lotus Vein.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Orion and Lotus had a toxic soul crushing love that travelled full speed from a high so high to a low they drowned in. They were complete opposites in every way. He grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, both parents alcoholics.

My mother was
Natalie The Biblioholic
It's LIVE! http://bit.ly/2v2ph3D

3.5 "When love turns to hate and turns back to love" stars!!

At 17, Orion and Lotus met and it was as if their hearts decided to finally beat. He was from the wrong side of the tracks and all he knew was desperation and struggle. She was the light granting him peace and a taste of normal. He refused to let the dirt and sins of his life taint her so he kept his secrets close. But over the next few years, those secrets ate away at their foundation until eventually
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

OH THIS SOUNDS INTRIGUING!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
To break a heart is easy.
This happened to me.
Two hands, both red as my hair, did this exact thing.
Tore it away like it wasn’t made for me.
Maybe it was his to take?
Because years on, with those same blood red hands, he still has it.
In his hands.
And he won’t give it back.
But the real question is, do I want it back.
He
Dani
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure how to review this book. T.L. Smith really knows how to weave a beautiful story, both filled with angst, tension, sensual beauty, and just raw emotion. Lotus is not an average love and loss story. It's filled with so much more. It will grip you, and I mean it will reach into your chest, capture your heart and squeeze. The words on the pages hold you hostage for much longer than you'd think. Long after you've read the last word, closed the book, you'll still be in the murky depths al ...more
Heaven Scheuring
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017, arc
This book was capitvating until the very end!
I love TL Smith's writing style and this book did not disappoint!
Lotus is a great second chance romance with a touch of suspense. There are so many details in the story and I absolutely loved that!
Orion and Lotus truly have a one of a kind love story that proves love trumps all! They drowned themselves in each other. No matter what obstacles they faced their love remained!
Excellent read!!
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love sucks fucking ass.
description
Ain't that the truth. Couldn't be more true than Orion Hurley and Lotus Vein's love story. It's more about unbridled passion that fuses their hearts together. They both are from different start as of life, different attitudes and mindsets. Yet Lotus sees in him, what nobody could see....his heart !
description
“It’s only as dirty as you make it out to be. To me, it wasn’t. It was fine .
Maybe that’s what you see him in, too. You never really saw the bad, just the good you wanted.”

Orion
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐ 3.5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐

“ He was my number one addiction, and I was his.”

There’s this thing about loving someone who isn’t good for you. Your heart doesn’t get the memo because it beats for the soul purpose of that person and your brain, doesn’t register that falling in love is a bad idea but yet you fall. So heartache becomes your middle name and sorrow your last because you decided to give in to the one thing that has the ability to hurt you. Walking away isn’t an option in most cases because you
~lil maso~
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book consumed me.

Their impossible, addictive, drowning in each other's love.
You can feel the pull that draws them together.

I don't think I have read anything with this kind of magnetic love.
This book surprised me and I don't get surprised often.

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*

phyl

For more reviews, news and giveaways, check out Saucy Reviews on Kinky Korner at;
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |
Instagram
Phyl
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book consumed me. Their impossible, addictive, drowning in each other's love. You can feel the pull that draws them together. I don't think I have read anything with this kind of magnetic love. This book surprised me and I don't get surprised often.

Tammy McGowan
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, beta-reads, 5-star
This is quite the second chance romance, with an edge, story.

Orion and Lotus.
He was dark. She was light.
He was quiet. She was voiced.
He was dangerous. She was good.
He was low. She was high.

They were opposite in so many ways, but that is what brought them together. They became an addiction. One that could destroy them. They were young and fantasized of a future.

Then life got in the way (of course it did!). Sacrifices were made. Love this time couldn’t save them.

Then fate stepped in with on
Becca - ✭Little Red Reading Hood✭

description

HOLY SUPERMAN and the yummiest macaroni!! What have I just read??? I knew TL Smith was an amazing, mind-blowing author, but how can she do this to me every-freaking-time? I feel like my soul had been kidnapped and been to an other galaxy, created by TL Smith.

description

This book is fucking powerful. I’m talking about the heart-wrenching, soul conquering kind of strength. It will leave a mark on your heart and soul as well. And you will love every minute of it. No matter what. I just couldn’t resist it, I d
Sonya
Ok, needless to say T.L. Smith is pure genius! I loved this book . I don't think it's a book I've read by this author that wasn't simply amazing! Did not care much for Lotus...but not enough to diminish the book! A must read!!!💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕 Also, this was not a dark read at all! Nothing was dark..no elements of dark....not even a smidge of dark. But it was darn Good!
Bloggers From Down Under
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

I have no idea why I keep doing this to myself, I honestly don't. My head is mush, my heart hurts, and I am lost for words....Why?

Ohh that's right, how could I or anyone for that matter ever forget....

That's what happens each and every single time I read a TL Smith novel, because she knows how to get into your head, manipulate your every thought, and makes it hard to even catch your brea
Lisa Sylva (The Book Bistro)
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love is so many things and it's all here in this book!

T.L. Smith tells a story of true love and all it's beauty - a real love that they know is theirs and theirs only and that it has never died but it is seriously & potentially lethal in so many ways. How do you fix something like this? The complexity of the situation and the nature of it is so complicated that you don't know what will happen. And if you've ever read a T.L. Smith book, you'll know to expect the unexpected sometimes. It reall
Tongan Book Lover (Ofa Tafa)
---> Advanced Review Copy <---

Reviewed by 'Ofa of Tongan Book Lover

Lotus by T. L. Smith. A kind of second chance romance for the books. An angsty novel that will have your hearts beating a hundred miles a minute, and the emotions you experience, absolutely tear you apart. It's crazy how one book can change who you are as a person so much. You can't help but be affected by the beautiful tragedy that is this story.

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a cover whore. When I saw this cover, I fell
Heather Pollock
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

QueenZany 5 Star Review
T.L Smith

I’m so at a loss for words!
T.L Smith has decimated my reality! Breaking me! Making me lose my shit!
She pulled me into her web, of twisted turns, mind altering reality, killing my every thought and making me gasp!
Waiting for that next “Wham Bam Thankyou Mam” to hit me! Fuck it hit me hard! Like getting the force of knuckle punch!

Now all I can think about is that Love of Orion and Lotus!! Shit they were the
Tawny
Sep 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Na
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

Lotus is my third book of T.L. Smith and if I was a fan after the first two books, I'm now hooked to her dark, twisted and sexy romance stories.

T.L. Smith has a real talent here, writing characters with some fucked-up minds but still you get drawn to them like moths to the light. What I also adore about her writing style is that she's able to tell you things but at the same time she doesn't. The story unfolds itself throughout
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
I'm not even sure where to begin, especially without giving anything away. Lotus was hot, dark and angsty. The connection between Orion and Lotus is undeniable and strong. You won't find any hearts and flowers in this one but what you do get is so much better. Once you start, it's gonna be impossible for you to put down.

This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this review voluntarily
Jen
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! freaking awesome!!
Brenda Travers
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever been blindsided by love? You know that blinding but heart stopping kinda LOVE where you feel like your falling and drowning and nothing and no one will ever compare? That is the kinda love that Orion and Lotus have, that kind that will crush you and gut till you are a mere shadow of yourself.

I am captivated by T.L. Smith's words, they impact the readers they keep you Intrigued, Intoxicated and downright aching for every page. Her dark mind is like my kryptonite and I cannot get en
Konny
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lotus by T.L. Smith is a stand-alone , a dark read.
" To break a heart is easy. " Yes it is. Lotus not only broke Orions heart, she ripped it out of his chest and took it with her. And vice versa.
Lotus Vein is light, a lawyer who works with and for children.
Orion is dark, a man with a ugly past.
They cant be with and not be without each other.
What do you do with someone who stole your heart and never gave it back.
I literally just finished the book and it left me speechless. Ilove the writing and
Jan
Lies,sex,secrets,passion.

We were mad,crazy,uncontrolled lovers who found our way back to one another. Let's hope we don't destroy each other.

Once again TL SMITH has blown me away with her cryptic words, a captivating plot and characters who are immersed in each and you find yourself immersed in them too. TL Smith has the ability in her writing to pull you along with the characters through the angst,hurt,pain and joys and you just have to sit back & enjoy.

Two people who were better off apar
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
I feel like it has been awhile since I have read this author and I truly missed her writing style !! The characters always have tragic flaws and come from tragedy and attempt to rise above to gain happiness. In this story I love the dark aspects of it , the suspense and the forbidden things that go on. Orion and Lotus not only have unique names they are very unique people.

Lotus sweeps into Orion's world quietly but fiercely when they are teens and despite things going horribly wrong for them sh
Donna Wright
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it

Omg, this book has to be one of the best books that I have read by this author and to say I enjoyed it would be a understatement. I have been back and forth with this review and I didn't really know what I was going to write. Again we are taken on a very twisted yet beautiful story that is well written and leaves you wondering what the he'll you just read. Which is the complete norm with TL Smith.

The Characters are great and there chemistry is completely evident from the first words. I
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
"My first taste of Lotus Vein.
It wouldn't be my last.
I was the murky water that surrounded the beautiful flower.
My only hope was that she didn't drown in my depths."

All consuming, until everything else disappears, a love that all encompassing that you can't even breathe. That is the type of love that can destroy you. Lotus has been existing since Orion told her it was over. In a trance, walking through her life only as a spectator rather than a willing participant, she seems to have it all. A m
Simona Misevska
5 stars

description

It's always gambling when you read book from new author,either will be great book and you will be start fallowing or bad book and you will not look in there work again.I m so glad that for me this time is the first,i loved this book,the writing is unique,the characters are excellently portrayed and so realistic and the story plot is interesting and fast-paced.

The story
description
Lotus(btw i love this name) and Orion are from different side of the city,she is from the wealth family and have great fut
Cindy
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AH-FREAKING-MAZING!!

TL Smith continues to capture and captivate my love of dark romance!
She continues to pull me in and leave me wanting more!! I could feel the emotions, the love the heartache, the desperation of the characters. I'm soooo addicted to her stories! I never want them to ends!!!

Lotus isn't your hearts and flowers romance, but then again nothing I've read from this author is. She's dark, gritty, her characters suffer. And I eat up Every... Single... Bite!!!

Lotus and Orion are fro
☆Tweety ☆
This was an unusual book. Orion and Lotus have been in a relationship when they were younger, but now they are apart. Their love was too strong that it broke both of them, leaving their hearts in pieces because of the secrets they had to keep from each other. But after a couple of years, the two meet again, and of course the love is going to make an appearance once again.

This book had two POVs, Orion's and Lotus'. Orion looked quite intersting and dark, with a past that was not so good and full
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L Smith can be found in almost any chocolate store, eating all the chocolate. She lives in Brisbane, Australia with her two kids and husband. Her favourite things to do is dancing, writing, reading and travelling the world. A lover for twisted words and things that make your heart pump you can find her on the following pages.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/auth
“That was the thing about love. It hurt, it wrecked, and sometimes it had beauty.” 0 likes
“The lies we tell ourselves to get through life” 0 likes