Start by marking “Conflicted” as Want to Read:
Conflicted

Conflicted

Kaleb loves Serena. Serena loves Kaleb.
But what about Sean and Jen?
Three years ago Kaleb and Serena ended their affair, trying to make everyone else happy.
Paperback
Published June 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Conflicted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conflicted

Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
3.5 second chance stars!!

Have you ever wondered if the one that got away was the one you were meant to be with?!? Have you ever stopped and thought my life is just going, Nothing exciting?!?! If you have this is the book for you!!

Kaleb and Serena found each other. But it was at the wrong time. Both in committed relationships that they weren't ready to let go. Fast forward three years... one is still committed but the other is not.

My thoughts...

Well usually cheating doesn't bother me and espec
Coco.V
Jul 23, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (7/23/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Kaleb loves Serena. Serena loves Kaleb.
But what about Sean and Jen?
Now Kaleb is back in town and this time he's determined to stay. He knows what he wants and he isn’t backing down, even if it means playing dirty. Can this couple move past the secrets and lies to find their second chance?
However, they aren't the only ones hiding something. In this sexy workplace romanc
Socially Book Nerd
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A drama and action packed book, Love and chemistry transcends time. The one that got away, comes back and it's still not perfect but you go for it anyway. If you don't like cheating this book isn't for you. But, my advice is get past it, its fictional world and wow it lends to drama!!
Corrie
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
For a second chance romance this one had the drama in SPADES!  I couldn't believe how much work went into getting Serena and Kaleb together.

I really enjoyed Kaleb's character.  He loves Serena so much that he has really been thorough in taking care of her, even when she doesn't realize it.  Those men are the best...they always have your back and I think readers will really appreciate him for this.

I didn't really think too much of Serena...good girl trying to stay good, there wasn't anything magn
Jen Zingaro
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I was given a copy of this book for an honest review.
3.5 stars.
I thought the story was good. I enjoy love triangle/cheating stories. I liked the main characters and I really felt for the situation they were in. Sometimes, you find out that you're not with the person that makes your heart burn and it can be hard to remove yourself from that kind of situation. I think they both tried to do the right thing, albeit they had different ideas that had them putting some years of distance between them. W
Tracy W (Tracy&HelensRomanceBlog)
What a lovely read!!

This is a book about how some second chances are just worth fighting for!!

Kaleb and Serena are 2 people who developed a chemistry between each other but know that it must end...both with own partners if there own, kaleb does what he thinks is best and leaves....leaving a heartbroken Serena. 3 years later there lives cross again and sparks fly once again!!

The first part of the book I found to be a little slow and was waiting for something to happen...once I read more in the
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great read. Kaleb and Serena have great chemistry but sometimes things just aren't meant to be, but just maybe if you work hard enough you may get what you want. I don't agree with cheating and wasn't sure how I would love this story, but I loved it. This was a second chance at a romance that really didn't stand a chance . The flow was great and the characters amazing.
Mona williams
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i loved this book! its about a man who gives up the woman he loves for her happiness. years later they meet again. only this time hes not giving her up . he is hiding a secret that could destroy them both! thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Helen Whitelaw
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!

Your routing for the HEA right from the get go.
You experience so many emotions whilst reading this from swooning to dislike.

It's a tale that shows second chances can happen if you work hard and believe in them.

Both lead characters work so well together and the story is very well written

Definite MUST READ from me :)
Annamarie
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
*I received this book as an ARC and in return gave my honest review*
Kaleb and Serena met while working together and they started having an affair, they both loved each other but they didn't want to leave their partners.

Kaleb ended their affair by moving away, In the three years they were apart Kaleb and Jen split up and he kept tabs on Serena who stayed with Sean and got engaged.

Kaleb moved back to take charge of a new store that Serena had applied for a job with them not knowing she would be wo
MammieBabbie
A true second chance love story that'll steal your heart and soul...

I haven't read either of these authors before, and quite frankly I hadn't heard of them either. However, if there is one thing that I really enjoyed about Conflicted was the brilliant writing and the uninterrupted and seamless flow between these two authors. I'm going to be straight and put this one sticking point out in the open... you know, address the elephant in the room— this story deals with cheating. Now, personally, I do
Books Laid Bare
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
As I have come to expect with anything that has Ms La Roux’s name on it this was an exceptionally well written story, and in my opinion, that alone is worth picking it up for but if it isn’t, and you need just a little more persuasion then I would have to say that this is just about as perfect a second time around romance as you are ever likely to read.
The authors took their time through the first part of the story, some might say it was a little slow but I felt it was deliberate and I
Busy Bees
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Star Rating - ****

I love a happily ever after and luckily for me, that's how Conflicted finished up! However, I was worried part way through that I wasn't going to get my sought after HEA! The story line teeters with infidelity, which unfortunately I dont really enjoy reading. But once I was able to get over that, I really enjoyed the latter part of the book.

Serena and Kaleb have been having an affair. When Kaleb decides he needs to let Serena go, he moves with his partner, Jen, to another stat
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Haven't you ever wondered about the one that got away? Conflicted gives hope to the hopeless romantics out there, that in the end, there's still a chance true love will win out over time and change. Afterall, we never really leave our true love behind and carry them into every new relationship we enter and every new adventure we embark on. Sometimes the tides of time and change pull us too far away to go back. But what if...things weren't too far gone? What if there was still a chance to set thi ...more
Lizzie
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Freaking loved this book! This was the first book Alice La Roux & Stefany Rattles co-wrote together and I have to say they should definitely do it again. The book flowed perfectly and this has become one of my top romantic reads. This book follows a couple that were destined to be together and find their happily ever after. Unfortunately, they have many problems in the way that would dampen any other relationship. But not these two. I cant recommend this book any higher and you should defini ...more
Haddie Harper
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Conflicted? Yes I am

Like legit, I am conflicted right now. Its after midnight. I couldn't put this book down. Kaleb is panty-melting amazing. Serena could be a little better developed, but I could relate to her. My heart was pounding like crazy all the way through. I will say that I am not a huge fan of cheating, but Sean was definitely NOT the one for her. Great plot and o love the added touch with Laura. What comes next?
Amanda Williams
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The plot really takes off, and how it is all going to end is totally unpredictable - the urge to keep turning pages increases in line with the pressure on the characters. Within the first few chapters, I just knew I couldn't put it down until I had devoured it's every content. It has been a long time since I have been so gripped by a book.
Teri
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
This was actually a really good story. I mean I enjoyed the characters and I enjoyed the story. Everything here was real life and the author drew me deeply into her story. I haven't read this author before and she has a wonderful and unique writing style I truly enjoyed.
Stefanie Kral
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
✯✯4 Second Chance Stars!!!✯✯

This was my first read by both of these authors. It won't be my last either. I have no idea which author wrote what. It was a nice quick read. I don't mind reading a book with cheating in it. If thats not your thing then this isn't the book for you.

Kaleb and Serena started off as co-workers. Then, they gave into their attraction to each other. They were in love with each other. The only problem was they were both in committed relationships. Before Serena had the c
Mojo_Mama
Jodie Sehrawat
Jun 30, 2017
Meg Dormehl
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The one that almost got a way. Love has a way of coming back. I really enjoyed this book. The secrecy and they drama is so captivating. I feel, readers are able to relate to certain circumstances as well as understand how another may feel in a particular situation. On a whole I enjoyed the book. I love how he never gave up on her and his intentions were there to protect her. Loved both kaleb and Serena ❤ ...more
Heather Walker