Start by marking “Dark Wings 1: Angel” as Want to Read:
Dark Wings 1: Angel

Dark Wings 1: Angel

I'm 16. I live in Georgia. My mum dumped us when I was a kid. Me and my brother are being brought up by an absentee father, a driver-cum-bodyguard and a cook obsessed with borsch. Oh, and I have a Guardian Angel who only I can see. Just a normal life? Yeah. Until a family of demons comes to town...
Published May 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Dark Wings 1, please sign up.
Katie Ruth In 2014, when I was presenting Blood Omen 1: The Vampire Wars (Georgian version) in Georgia, and when I was signing the books for fans, an old man…moreIn 2014, when I was presenting Blood Omen 1: The Vampire Wars (Georgian version) in Georgia, and when I was signing the books for fans, an old man came up to me who I've never seen before and have never seen since. He said to me (in Georgian) "Your next book should be about angels."
I smiled and said "I'll think about it, thanks." And he walked away and I forgot all about it.
Last summer, I was floating in the Black Sea at Ureki beach and I saw a boy with dark skin and dark hair standing behind a girl, his arms wrapped around her. They weren't moving or saying anything, just watching the beach and the people- looking neither happy nor sad. I could see the boy cared for her but something about his look was cold...dark. My first thought: demon!!! Over the next few days I wrote 70 pages featuring a group of Georgian-British teenagers on a beach holiday. Then the Guardian Angel idea came to me (someone has to protect Eliso from the demon triplets!)...and then the story began to write itself! :) All the action happens in Georgia- I felt I owed Georgia something for being so patient with me these past 10 years! :D(less)

Start your review of Dark Wings 1: Angel
George Diamandis
Now I want to read book 2!Very amazing story <3
2OCC Reviews
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
This is my first book by this author but the description really drew me in. It gave me a YA vibe and I'm not a huge fan of those but I decided to give it a chance.

There was a lot that went on in this book and while I found it interesting and the plot line addictive, I couldn't look past the YA aspect. That is just me and I know that YA lovers will really like it. I did like the plot, the characters and the writing. I just couldn't fully connect with the characters.

The angels and demons aspect
Missy Harton
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sinners, Judgers, Protectors...Angel and Demons...Oh My!!

*****5 Good vs Evil STARS*****

OMG, what an AMAZING, EXCITING, and quite CRYTIC read! A fascinating story of the placement of demons and an angel (Ilia) sent to protect an innocent child (Eliso). As a sixteen year old, Eliso has her first encounter with a demon (Toma). Knowing what he is, she can’t seem to stay away. In this cliffhanger ending, Eliso and Toma discover the reason for their connection. Will the angel, Ilia be able to keep
Tekle
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!this book id just.. perfection! I always loved stories about Angels and this one was most interesting one! <3 <3 It really deserves to be best-seller.Book is about 16- years-old girl,who lives with father and her brother.her mother abandoned her family when she was just a kide.and oh.. she has a guardian angel.only main character see her guardian angel.<3 one of my favourite books.and my advice is.. just read this book it really worth it <3 and I want to say thank you to ...more
Amanda  B Gillespie
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting Story about angels (maybe) and demons, but not the type were familiar with. These have morals, sort of.
Plot was good but I was the first chapterstep were confusin as the characters were developed and the backstory set. Once that cleared up, the story became a real page turner that kept me interested to the end.
Shannon Godwin
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really didn't know what to expect when I opened this book. Let me just say I was very intrigued & didn't want to put it down. I would really recommend this book for anyone who is into YA books. I can't wait to read book 2! I'm ready to see what all happens!
Lori Hammons
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eliso's story is incredible. A story of Angels and Demons, it's full of suspense, intrigue and an amazingly scary twist towards the end. But Eliso has a mind and soul of her own. I am anxious to see how her desires play out in book 2.
Gemma
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable YA read that I really liked the storyline off. I liked the characters within the story and I found the prospect of angels and demons to be really interesting. Tis is a must read for any YA fans.
R yatsko
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Angels and Demons...
...this plot is addicting, enthralling, and scary..

A nail biting YA novel, that keeps you reading....
...and can’t wait for the next one!
Eva
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First time I've read anything by this author and I enjoyed the story great storyline and characters will definitely read more by this author.
Medea
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I added it to my "want to read" list. because it seems really great and looking forward to read it! <3
Qristi Lashkhia
Shelves: my-faves
Wow, this is very good story. Now I want to read book 2!
Mariam Phailadze
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally this book is perfect for teenagers i should to read this book.it's so perfect ...more
Tea Mariamidze
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! I especially recommend it to teenagers. Very interesting book!
წიგნებში მოხეტიალე
Very interesting story, I liked the characters!
Mariam Devdariani
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is one of the best story I've ever read I want to read the second book ...more
Dato Melikidze
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Now I want to read book 2!
სალომე
May 23, 2017 marked it as to-read
Katie Ruth Davies is a writer , who made me love myths , legends , stories about vampires , also books about them and the vampire world , of course ! <3
When I read the first part of the book "Blood Omen" , I was impressed , I couldn't stop reading , because each parts of chapters were interesting . You can't find any uninteresting phrase in this book , because each word is full of emotions and it is the merit of this amazing , wonderful and talented person. I just love her , because she gave
Christina
Nato Koncelidze
Luka Gigolashvili
Mary'S Statusebi
May 22, 2017
Born in the UK in 1981, I have spent the past 12 years living and teaching in Spain, New Zealand and The Republic of Georgia. I have two beautiful young daughters and work as an English Language Specialist and as Copy-Editor for several cultural and business journals in Tbilisi. Blood Omen is a project I've been working on quite happily for some time and it gives me such a thrill to see it finally ...more