Start by marking “Love War (Battlefield of Love #1)” as Want to Read:
Love War (Battlefield of Love #1)

Love War

(Battlefield of Love #1)

What happens when happily ever after isn't happy? When everything you thought you knew changes?

Deceit...Doubt.

The past may have won the battles, but can Love win the War?
Published July 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Love War, please sign up.
Katrina Jay No, she ties up the loose ends for the main characters for this one.

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
When you get married you think it is going to be forever but what happens when the one you love is not enough for you. The one you marry isn't the person you thought they were. For Aubrey her husband Doug is not the person she thought he was when they married. So she decides that she is going to file for divorce and start her life over again with her daughter. Aubrey decides she is going to to remodel the B&B that was her grandmother's dream. So she hides out at her friends house while she t ...more
Laura R
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had to think about what rating I wanted to give the book. While it is a romance, there are some situations in the story that seem like they probably happen in real life. Won't say any more about that as I don't want to give away the plot of the book. I couldn't help but fall in love with Drew even though he wasn't as open in the beginning of the relationship as Aubrey was. Glad there was happy ending and would recommend reading the book.
Nancy Chastain
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love War is the perfect name for this book. And unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it is a modern day example of families.
Doug Harris is ex husband of Aubrey and dad of Reece.
Aubrey Harris - stay at home mom to Reece, low self esteem, ex wife of Doug soon to be B&B owner.
Drew Williams - soon to be ex husband of Sarah Harris and owner of Williams Construction and dad of Andie.
Sarah Harris - soon to be ex wife of Drew Williams and mom of Andie.
After and during a divorce
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4 stars!!! Wow what an ending!!!

This story isn't about just two people, there are many. This book touches on so many things... divorce, separation, love, hate, guilt, deception, passion, family, friends are just some.

When you think you are bound to live life on auto pilot something snaps. Time to take your life in your own hands and be happy. That's what these four people thought except too many secrets, too many lies. How many people can handle heartbreak not once but twice?!?!

"Bombs are falli
Heather Nobbs
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a great read! I wasn't sure how I felt about Aubrey right off the bat but I ended up really liking her. She realized she wasn't happy in her marriage but didn't just give up. She tried for herself and her daughter but finally realized it just wasn't working for anybody. I liked Drew right away but he was in an equally difficult situation. Whereas Aubrey didn't hold anything back Drew did but out of what he believed was for the best. I liked how they confronted their spouses and came ou ...more
Karen Taro
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book a definite read. Don't want to say to much and spoil the book. Have to save ful of love lust tears laughter heartache anger. just amazing like the author.
Irma
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Deceit...Doubt.

Yes! You don't know the true meaning behind those words until you've read this book.

The great plot and interesting characters made this book a very enjoyable read!

description
Megan Asmus
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twisted love story

When life twists and turns and sometimes falls apart where do you go from there? HOLY COW THIS BOOKS WAS AMAZING! Had me flipping pages like they were on fire. Great read and hea!
Katherine Horvath
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love War: It was a suspenseful, emotional and fantastic story! It always hard for anyone that has been in a bad relationship to start over and trust again especially if you have children of any age. It was a great story and well written. Loved the cover and the title. I could not put it down it was good.
Teri Ditchman
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great story with great characters. Aptly named book...Love War sums up the story very well. You will laugh and cry your way thru this book!
Teri Ditchman
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cheryl
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When you've tried but you're all tried out. When you know someone is wrong but you can't quite figure out how....A fantastic second chance romance filled with love, forgiveness, hope, a jealous bitch, passion, betrayal, heartache, new beginnings, Putter lol, and a HEA. Well written and creative plot twists and nuances make this a MUST read for summer! LOVED IT!!
I received an ARC and am voluntarily reviewing the story.
J Williams
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read this book! Just read it. So many emotions! We follow Aubrey through her marriage and divorce, finding her way as a single mom and the promise of a new adventure. There are so many twists and turns in this story! I literally could not put it down. So good!!
A.D. McCammon
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such an original storyline with a fabulous twist at the end. This book has a perfect mix of steam, swoon, and humor.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
4.5 Cranky Stars

Oh what a tangled web Doug and Sarah weaved. The drug their perspective families through some mess and I wanted to slap them both on several occasions. Who acts like that? These narcissists do.

Aubrey is freshly divorced and a single mom. She is trying to make it without Doug’s help. He tries to control her life even though they aren’t married and he makes her feel bad about how she mothers their beautiful daughter Reece. She wants to recognize her grandmothers wish to open a B&am
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Sara Lucinda
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was not what I was expecting, from both the title and the blurb, but in a good way. The blurb is vague, but when you get to the end of the book you can see that it is actually rather fitting.

So first, a tiny introduction.

Aubrey is married to Doug, and they have a daughter Reece. After 12 years of being married and life happening Doug has an affair with his assistant and Aubrey and Doug divorce; they maintain shared custody of the daughter. Trying to get her life together now that she
Steph's Romance Book Talk
Oh is this story something special! Aubrey is a newly divorced mom, her BFF Niki takes her out to try and get her groove back. Aubrey allows herself this one night when she meets a mysterious man during a spotlight dance. Drew is also a newly divorced dad that happens to be Aubrey's dance partner in the spotlight. No names are exchanged but fate has other plans for these two. Anyone that has been divorced, has kids, or knows someone that has been through these very complicated and sensitive issu ...more
Kirsty Best
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a lovely mix of every emotion. It had me happy, sad, angry, gushing at something the male lead Drew did and laughing out loud at something funny. I honestly loved every page. It has a great mix of characters and a great plot with a twist that had me ohmygoding! I was hooked from the beginning the characters are so likeable I couldn't put the book down. The children's characters were fantastic, it's so rare for them to feature so much but it was a lovely addition. I hate spoilers so ...more
Renee Jamison-Hardman
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
How refreshing Cary Hart's book Love War was to read. We got characters in their thirties, single moms, divorcees, and children.
The story follows a recently divorced Aubrey who is learning how to co-parent with her ex-husband and be single after a 12 year marriage. Enter single dad Drew who is a hard working contractor hired to do work on Aubrey's home. Together their chemistry hits the nail on the head, but love is not so easy when children and ex's are involved.
"What happens when h
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the first book in a series. This was a good, quick, read. I really liked Drew and Aubrey. And OMG - the drama!!! It made it kind of fun to read, because of trying to figure out what could happen next. I also really liked how the universe kept throwing them together. Their kids were so cute, too. And I absolutely loved Aubrey's friend, Nina, and I can't wait to read her story.

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Mel
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great story. I absolutely loved or loved to hate the characters.

Drew was a sweetheart and I absolutely adored Aubrey. She's a ball breaker and a sweetheart and a loving mum all rolled up in to a sweet ball.

Doug deserved a swift kick in the balls and Sarah needs to be taken down a peg or 2. What a bitch.

The girls were adorable and hilarious and typical children which helped with the authenticity of the story.

Great storyline helped bring these characters to life.
Coco.V
Apr 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝💝 FREE on Amazon today (4/5/2018)!💝💝

Deceit...Doubt.

The past may have won the battles, but can Love win the War?
Amy Burkhart
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolute must read!!

This book had me up all night reading. You will go through an emotional roller coaster ride with Drew and Aubrey as they learn to navigate their way to a new normal life after divorce and to finding out how to figure out how to date with having children, ex’s and a puppy who comes crashing in at every opportunity.
Gwen Shafer
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not what I was expecting. This was intense from the beginning to the end. Many different parts to this story line I did not see coming. Very interesting story line. Loved the characters. Drew wasn't my favorite because of what he does. But in the end I realized what the writer was doing with his character. He wasn't the bad guy after all. It was indeed a very well written book. Enjoyable with some twists and turns you definitely don't see coming. Can't wait to read the next one.
Rachel Sherman
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love a twisted love story! The ending was shocking and I couldn't stop reading till I found out what happened! I also really enjoyed that there were kids involved in the story! I think it added that extra connection to the characters and their story.
Sierra Hill
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cary Hart wrote a unique love story with an interesting take on the roads that people end up. The book is about divorce, becoming a single-parent and finding love again, which many readers can relate to in their real-life. The prologue is gripping and emotion, sending you down into the dark hollows of your soul. You feel so strongly for Aubrey, who is dealt a blow after twelve years of marriage.
“When I asked for a divorce after 12 years of marriage, I never thought this is where I would end up.
Katrina Jay
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. It was a fun quick read!
Becca
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Packed full of emotion. I absolutely loved every minute of Drew and Aubrey's story. Both coming from divorces that neither of them really wanted or saw coming. And the twist to the story! OH MY!

Highly recommend!
Nicole
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

This was such an amazing read by this author. The storyline captivated me from word one. I enjoyed Drew and Aubrey very much. I especially loved the "Sister Twins!" They were adorable. This was great start to this series and I'm looking forward to what comes next.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Love You Through It (Rebel Desire, #2)
  • The Cowboy's Pride and Joy
  • The Honey Trap
  • Heartsong (Singing to the Heart, #1)
  • Una Familia Segura
  • Illicit – A Sizzling Boxed Set
  • Tell Me Something True (Truth in Lies, #3)
  • Running Game
  • A Baby On Her Christmas List
  • Diva in the Dugout: All Is Fair in Love and Baseball
  • Loving London (Flawed Heart, #3)
  • Hunter (Campus Kings): A Football Secret Baby Novel
  • Expecting the CEO's Child
  • The First Lights
  • Unsung (Country Roads, #5)
  • Twist Of Fate
  • Dreaming With A Broken Heart (Hollywood Legends, #1)
  • River's Redemption (Blackwater, #5)
Cary Hart hails from the Midwest. A sassy, coffee drinking, sometimes sailor swearing, Spotify addict, lover of all things books!

When not pushing women down the stairs in the fictional world, Cary has her hands full. Soccer mom in all sense of the word to two wild and crazy, spoiled kiddos, and wife to the most supportive husband. In addition to writing full time, she enjoys binge watching Netflix

Battlefield of Love (3 books)
  • Love Divide (Battlefield of Love, #2)
  • Love Conquer (Battlefield of Love #3)