Start by marking “Love War (Battlefield of Love #1)” as Want to Read:
Love War (Battlefield of Love #1)

Love War

(Battlefield of Love #1)

What happens when happily ever after isn't happy? When everything you thought you knew changes?

Deceit...Doubt.

The past may have won the battles, but can Love win the War?
Published July 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Love War, please sign up.
Katrina Jay No, she ties up the loose ends for the main characters for this one.

Laura R
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had to think about what rating I wanted to give the book. While it is a romance, there are some situations in the story that seem like they probably happen in real life. Won't say any more about that as I don't want to give away the plot of the book. I couldn't help but fall in love with Drew even though he wasn't as open in the beginning of the relationship as Aubrey was. Glad there was happy ending and would recommend reading the book.
Nancy Chastain
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love War is the perfect name for this book. And unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it is a modern day example of families.
Doug Harris is ex husband of Aubrey and dad of Reece.
Aubrey Harris - stay at home mom to Reece, low self esteem, ex wife of Doug soon to be B&B owner.
Drew Williams - soon to be ex husband of Sarah Harris and owner of Williams Construction and dad of Andie.
Sarah Harris - soon to be ex wife of Drew Williams and mom of Andie.
After and during a divorce
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4 stars!!! Wow what an ending!!!

This story isn't about just two people, there are many. This book touches on so many things... divorce, separation, love, hate, guilt, deception, passion, family, friends are just some.

When you think you are bound to live life on auto pilot something snaps. Time to take your life in your own hands and be happy. That's what these four people thought except too many secrets, too many lies. How many people can handle heartbreak not once but twice?!?!

"Bombs are falli
Heather Nobbs
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a great read! I wasn't sure how I felt about Aubrey right off the bat but I ended up really liking her. She realized she wasn't happy in her marriage but didn't just give up. She tried for herself and her daughter but finally realized it just wasn't working for anybody. I liked Drew right away but he was in an equally difficult situation. Whereas Aubrey didn't hold anything back Drew did but out of what he believed was for the best. I liked how they confronted their spouses and came ou ...more
Karen Taro
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book a definite read. Don't want to say to much and spoil the book. Have to save ful of love lust tears laughter heartache anger. just amazing like the author.
Irma
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Deceit...Doubt.

Yes! You don't know the true meaning behind those words until you've read this book.

The great plot and interesting characters made this book a very enjoyable read!

description
Megan Asmus
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twisted love story

When life twists and turns and sometimes falls apart where do you go from there? HOLY COW THIS BOOKS WAS AMAZING! Had me flipping pages like they were on fire. Great read and hea!
Katherine Horvath
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love War: It was a suspenseful, emotional and fantastic story! It always hard for anyone that has been in a bad relationship to start over and trust again especially if you have children of any age. It was a great story and well written. Loved the cover and the title. I could not put it down it was good.
Teri Ditchman
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great story with great characters. Aptly named book...Love War sums up the story very well. You will laugh and cry your way thru this book!
Teri Ditchman
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cheryl
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When you've tried but you're all tried out. When you know someone is wrong but you can't quite figure out how....A fantastic second chance romance filled with love, forgiveness, hope, a jealous bitch, passion, betrayal, heartache, new beginnings, Putter lol, and a HEA. Well written and creative plot twists and nuances make this a MUST read for summer! LOVED IT!!
I received an ARC and am voluntarily reviewing the story.
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read this book! Just read it. So many emotions! We follow Aubrey through her marriage and divorce, finding her way as a single mom and the promise of a new adventure. There are so many twists and turns in this story! I literally could not put it down. So good!!
Sara Lucinda
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was not what I was expecting, from both the title and the blurb, but in a good way. The blurb is vague, but when you get to the end of the book you can see that it is actually rather fitting.

So first, a tiny introduction.

Aubrey is married to Doug, and they have a daughter Reece. After 12 years of being married and life happening Doug has an affair with his assistant and Aubrey and Doug divorce; they maintain shared custody of the daughter. Trying to get her life together now that she
Steph's Romance Book Talk
Oh is this story something special! Aubrey is a newly divorced mom, her BFF Niki takes her out to try and get her groove back. Aubrey allows herself this one night when she meets a mysterious man during a spotlight dance. Drew is also a newly divorced dad that happens to be Aubrey's dance partner in the spotlight. No names are exchanged but fate has other plans for these two. Anyone that has been divorced, has kids, or knows someone that has been through these very complicated and sensitive issu ...more
Kirsty Best
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a lovely mix of every emotion. It had me happy, sad, angry, gushing at something the male lead Drew did and laughing out loud at something funny. I honestly loved every page. It has a great mix of characters and a great plot with a twist that had me ohmygoding! I was hooked from the beginning the characters are so likeable I couldn't put the book down. The children's characters were fantastic, it's so rare for them to feature so much but it was a lovely addition. I hate spoilers so ...more
Renee Jamison-Hardman
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
How refreshing Cary Hart's book Love War was to read. We got characters in their thirties, single moms, divorcees, and children.
The story follows a recently divorced Aubrey who is learning how to co-parent with her ex-husband and be single after a 12 year marriage. Enter single dad Drew who is a hard working contractor hired to do work on Aubrey's home. Together their chemistry hits the nail on the head, but love is not so easy when children and ex's are involved.
"What happens when h
Mel
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great story. I absolutely loved or loved to hate the characters.

Drew was a sweetheart and I absolutely adored Aubrey. She's a ball breaker and a sweetheart and a loving mum all rolled up in to a sweet ball.

Doug deserved a swift kick in the balls and Sarah needs to be taken down a peg or 2. What a bitch.

The girls were adorable and hilarious and typical children which helped with the authenticity of the story.

Great storyline helped bring these characters to life.
Coco.V
Apr 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝💝 FREE on Amazon today (4/5/2018)!💝💝

Deceit...Doubt.

The past may have won the battles, but can Love win the War?
Rachel Sherman
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love a twisted love story! The ending was shocking and I couldn't stop reading till I found out what happened! I also really enjoyed that there were kids involved in the story! I think it added that extra connection to the characters and their story.
Sierra Hill
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cary Hart wrote a unique love story with an interesting take on the roads that people end up. The book is about divorce, becoming a single-parent and finding love again, which many readers can relate to in their real-life. The prologue is gripping and emotion, sending you down into the dark hollows of your soul. You feel so strongly for Aubrey, who is dealt a blow after twelve years of marriage.
“When I asked for a divorce after 12 years of marriage, I never thought this is where I would end up.
Katrina Jay
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. It was a fun quick read!
Becca
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Packed full of emotion. I absolutely loved every minute of Drew and Aubrey's story. Both coming from divorces that neither of them really wanted or saw coming. And the twist to the story! OH MY!

Highly recommend!
Corrie
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So this is my first Cary Hart experience, and as experiences go, I am hooked.  Love War is the first book in the Battlefield of Love series and if book one is any indication, the rest of this series will be equally worth your time.

Since this was my first time reading anything by Ms. Hart, I really didn't know what to expect and the synopsis was light on information.  Zero time was wasted in getting the reader pulled in to this story, which is something I truly appreciate!

A quick recap of the sto
Izzybear
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Sometimes love is a white flag
Sometimes love is standing tall
Sometimes love is a feather
Sometimes a cannon ball
But it's worth fighting for (it's worth fighting for)
Baby, sometimes love is war" -American Young
This song kept playing through my head as I read Cary Hart's book. This is the first book of hers that I've read and I liked it very much. I loved Aubrey and Drew. Aubrey is a strong single mother. On a night out with her best friend Niki she meets Drew. They go their separate ways but fat
Michelle
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 5-star-read, arc
Love and War is my first book by this author and it definitely won't be my last. I really enjoyed Aubrey and Drew's story. I loved how the author brought these two together and that even though their first marriages ended in divorce they didn't let it affect their relationship. The writing is great, excellent dialog, well developed characters and a great story line make this a 5-star read. I will definitely be looking for more books by Cary Hart to read in the future.
Connie Davé
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book about two people trying to recover from divorce while they try and protect their young daughters. Aubrey and Drew meet unexpectedly but are both dealing with marriages that didn't start out ideal and have now ended in divorce. I loved how they came together without baggage to keep them apart, they both have dealt with the divorces without being jaded. Both of them are more concerned about their kids and how the divorce has affected each of them. Aubrey's daughter Reese, and Drew' ...more
Stephanie Mahnke
A great read, can't wait for book 2

Love War is exactly what you get in this new book by Cary Hart. I was blown away by all the feelings this book brought out of me- love, hate, sadness, laughter, tears, revenge, longing, happiness, etc. My box them in the same hour. I look forward to reading book two.
Carol Seymour
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can not believe all the emotion Cary Hart packed into this amazing story. Divorce is always one of the toughest decisions especially when children are involved. Aubrey and Drew meet through a chance encounter at a night club. Both single parents trying to find a new happily ever after for themselves and their daughters. Drew and Aubrey reconnect when unknowingly Aubrey hires Drew's construction company to renovate her grandmother's house into a bed and breakfast, fulfilling her lifelong dream ...more
FunUndertheCovers
Tammy Cross
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Hart did not disappoint! This was an awesome read! Totally fell in love with Drew and Aubrey. This book hits all of your emotions. I felt totally drained in a good way. Lol.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Cary Hart hails from the Midwest. A sassy, coffee drinking, sometimes sailor swearing, Spotify addict, lover of all things books!

When not pushing women down the stairs in the fictional world, Cary has her hands full. Soccer mom in all sense of the word to two wild and crazy, spoiled kiddos, and wife to the most supportive husband. In addition to writing full time, she enjoys binge watching Netflix

Battlefield of Love (3 books)
  • Love Divide (Battlefield of Love, #2)
  • Love Conquer (Battlefield of Love #3)