Start by marking “Whisper Forever” as Want to Read:
Whisper Forever

Whisper Forever

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  639 Ratings  ·  136 Reviews
Recommended for Mature Audience

I wanted to forget him so many times. Erase the memories we shared and pretend he didn’t exist. It would have made his absence easier to accept.

Lucas Rivers broke my heart more than once.
In my world he was my guy, the one I’d grow old with and laugh with. But things aren’t that simple, and time changes everything.

That naive girl with drea
Published June 13th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Whisper Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whisper Forever

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

descriptionThis cover is pretty nice. A good representation on the heroine. Good composition and interesting typography.description

descriptionIt's not often I get to venture out of ARC reading land but this one intrigued me and I do LOVE a good second chance love story. Although I personally wouldn't call this one a second chance love story as I never felt Lucas had romantic feelings towards Maddie until he came back to his hometown. A great friendship that he tossed aside when he became popular in high school, sure, but more t
Barbara➰
Lucas and Maddie are friends when they are younger and grew up together but drift apart at the beginning of high school. Lucas goes a different route, only interested in football and what it can gain him, going off to college trying to hit it big. Maddie shies away from all that and chooses to concentrate on school and her family's farm. I wouldn't call this a second chance story really as the two are never in any type of romantic relationship. They are simply friends who drift apart. Maddie hol ...more
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
2.75 Stars

As its been stated before I'm a grovel whore. I love me some good grovel AND while this book did deliver on the grovel (the Hero continued to apologize even after the H/h were together) I still found the Hero lacking in some ways. Don't get me wrong, he was written well and I did believe in his remorse but I just couldn't get over the fact that had he not been hurt he never would have returned and tried to make up with the heroine.

Here's the thing...I can be a bitch (I own it...). When
Janie
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars. My stars are mostly for Lucas. He made some mistakes when he was younger. We ALL do. But he also became a good man that would do anything for Maddy including giving up things that could make him happy. Maddy on the other hand was unbendable when it came to her own plans. Why was everything all about her? I loved her Dad's chat with her towards the end. And it had a great epilogue.
Aira  Cabrera
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love second chance romances. It just makes everything sweeter, because they already know what it feels like to lose each other, so they love harder.

I’m not gonna lie, I wanted Lucas to suffer. He was so stupid, arrogant, and blind. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me mad. He admits to being all of this, and when he saw Maddie again for the first time, I reveled in it. He regretted everything he ever did to hurt her in that moment. He didn’t really do anything on purpose. He was just a stupid
Nancy Metsch
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you love books about 2nd chances, then this is the book for you.
Maddie Emery and Lucas Rivers' story was one of the best books CA Harms has written. The story had such a pull that I just couldn't put it down until I forced myself. It's fast moving.
I also loved how selfless Maddie is. Luke's happiness was all she ever wanted. And for Luke it was having all the facts slap in the face. This book proved you can go home again
Lydia H
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Whisper Forever has to be CA Harms' BEST BOOK YET! The feels, you guys, the feels!!

I'm a sucker for second-chance romances and CA Harms nailed it. The anguish, the regret, the heartache: all there! The passion, the love, the chemistry...all very much present as well. Ah!! LOVED this book! LOVED IT and ended up reading it practically in one sitting!

"I sat there feeling as if I was seeing her for the very first time, and in a way I was. My Maddy was fucking beautiful. Only she wasn’t mine. She wa
Sammy
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Well

I enjoyed the story line. I was able to connect to the characters. The only fault that was small but throughout the book were grammar errors. To some they can over look this, but English was my favorite subject lol
CrazyDaisy
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-arc
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

C.A Harms is at it again and totally had me neglecting housework, again. Haha! I could not put this down. Laundry schmaundry, packing schmacking. Eh, who cares about that stuff when you're able to get lost in a great book like this one.
Maddy and Lucas story was sweet, funny, and HOT! I loved that there was drama but it didn't overtake the story. Lucas had me swooning right alongside Maddy.
CA Harms is a favorite go-to author of mine. Can't wait to read what she co
Heather andrews
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the text messages Lucas sends to his girl, "you know that when you get all feisty it turns me on. You using my full name has me kind of excited, not gonna lie." Luke is always up for showing his girl his manliness, “darlin’, I think we both know already that in no way am I lacking,” he said, his voice taking on that deep huskiness I loved. “But if you need me to remind you, I can do that too.” I loved this book, Luke was one sweet man.
Anne Milne
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
From the moment they could walk Lucas and Maddy formed a deep bond their friendship was known by everyone in their town they seemed unbreakable but as they grew older it changed drastically until Lucas moved away.
When Lucas comes home he finds a very different Maddy she's no longer the girl that looks at him with love. I liked the older Maddy, she speaks her mind is focused and independent and is no pushover. Lucas has just begun to realise what he threw away, not only his best friend but the p
Katy Kitchin
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
3 sexy stars

I love a good country romance and this didn't disappoint! C.A. Harms has taken the cliché of ‘childhood best friends, girl loves boy, boy leaves and breaks her heart, and then comes back’ second chance romance, and made it entirely her own.

Something that is often forgotten when creating characters, is their flaws. But Harms has created realistic, three dimensional characters, she doesn't shy away from creating a flawed hero and heroine and this just develops the entire story wonderf
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Franci Neill

Once again I was drawn into the heart of this book from the very first page of Whisper Forever. I loved Madelyn and Lucas so very much. These two took a piece of my heart in their innocent love that started when they were kids and Madelyn told Lucas she was going to marry him. Too bad Lucas didn't really take those words to heart!

With all the history there is between these two you'd think nothing could rip them apart. Well, that would be true except Luke was the star QB
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Harms is such a great author, and I always look forward to when a new books comes out. This one was no exception! I found it very exciting and extremely hard to put down.

Once again, the characters are fantastic. True to Harms’ previous writing, the character are all individual and interact in ways that feel very realistic. I liked that each one was unique and absolutely loved the way the main characters worked together. They were what truly drew me in.

The pace of the book is
Sophie Koufes
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Audio Version Review:
A beautiful allegory tale about childhood best friends Madelyn & Lucas. A sweet southern small town romance with a bit of angst, lighthearted, & witty southern charm. Chasing dreams while letting others go to chase that dream. Narrator Sarah Puckett did excellent portraying southern drawl & the ability to differentiate between male & female characters is colossal. I absolutely loved Maddie's voice vocals. Her voice is clear, smooth, & modulated. The tone
Samantha's ~*Confessions*~
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*
*Bookaholic Confessions*4

5 Stars!

Just another fabulous story from CA Harms. Major #FanGirl right here. I always know her characters are going to be well written and she is going to make them completely relate-able to real life. The issues and scenarios Madelyn and Lucas go through in this story are all relative to real life.

Lucas is that sweet, young boy who lets his high school celebrity get the best of his ego. As any typical young man would do, h
FunUndertheCovers
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lucas and Madelyn were best friends as young children. However high school came along and Lucas became the star football player that everyone loved and they drifted apart, leaving Madelyn heartbroken. Now years later, Lucas is home from college and Lucas wants his best friend back. Only that sweet girl is now a sassy, stubborn, gorgeous woman.

OMG! I loved this book! I absolutely LOVE Madelyn! Her strength, sassiness and stubborn streak was so much fun to see. I absolutely love her attitude and h
Kristy Shaffer
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whisper Forever is such a beautiful love story that makes you feel so good on the inside it hurts! Everyone wants a love like Lucas & Maddy, best friends who throughout their journey in life find one another again. Will their story have a happy ending? Take a look and find out for yourself!
Once you start reading you won't want to put it down it's that good.
Sam Lewis
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whisper Forever by CA Harms is a lovely friends to lovers book. Madelyn has always held a torch for Luke. All is lost when he goes off to college on a football scholarship. But a career ending injury brings Luke back home, back home to Madelyn. Could this be their chance to find love?

CA Harms was a new to me author. I am glad I gave this book a chance because I really liked it. The blurb is what sold me on it. When Luke whispers, "Forever." That part right there got me. I'm definitely going to
FMR Book Grind
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ERIN'S REVIEW
5 STARS

Once again this author has blown me away with her words. This storyline was incredible. It hooked me in and kept me locked in until the very last word. Her characters are always down to earth and very easy to fall in love with. I love stories where the characters have been friends all their lives. One of them is in love with the other and the other seems oblivious. That moment. That "AHA" moment, makes the entire story. This is another great story by an amazing author. I can'
April Symes
Maddie Emery and Lucas Rivers' story will have you rooting for them while reaching for tissues. The story had such a pull that I was drawn to their 2nd chance love story from page one, word one until the very last word on the very last page. Whisper Forever is such a beautiful and haunting love story that will have you asking where your own Lucas Rivers is.
Madelyn and Lucas grew up together as the best of friends for they were neighbors as kids and their parents were friends so it was natural t
I Dont Get Sundays
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Madelyn and Lucas, these two made my heart feel like it was going to explode. C.A. as always does a great job giving us the story. The whole story. We begin at age 8 and 10 and work our way up to early twenties. We feel that moment when we know these two were destined to be together. We see how they grew apart. We know the anger that is held with Madelyn.

Lucas became who the school wanted him to be. He forgot his friend. He moved into a new social circle. He dated, went out, and completely aban
Reflections of a Book Geek
5 Stars

I want to start off by saying I absolutely love the cover for this book, it just drew me straight in and I couldn't wait to read it! CA Harms always brings us books that have me swooning so hard yet reaching for the tissues, her writing is damn near flawless in my opinion. I read this book in one sitting, I was completely engrossed in the story of Lucas and Maddie ands couldn't put it down!

Lucas Rivers left his small town in the rear view mirror four years ago when he left for college wit
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Amazon link http://amzn.to/2s1r1Zo

I received a book from the author for an honest review.

This is a 2nd chance love/Friends to Lovers story and it kept me from the very 1st. I sat and counted put it down. The story of Lucas and Maddie was full of angst and hurt with a side of chemistry and arrogance.

Maddie declared her love for L
Tania's Book Blog
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily accepted an advanced reader copy of this book.

I love a good second chance romance. Luke and Madelyn were childhood best friends. Maddy always had feelings for Luke but he always saw her as his best friend. In high school they grew apart and Luke went on to play college football and Maddy stayed behind.

Four years later Luke returns and realized that the love of his life was always in front of him but Maddy wanted nothing to do with him. He broke down the walls and they started a re
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. This story contains love, heartbreak, and pain.

This is Madelyn and Lucas‘s story. When Lucas left Madelyn she was heartbroken. She has been trying to move on the last few years but it was tough. She finally moved on and has decided that she does not need a man to complete her. Now suddenly Lucas is back and determined to have Madelyn. Can she resist him and keep him at arm’s length? Or did she never truly get over him. Lucas is back and determined to ge
Renee at Book Happiness
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this for an honest review.. I honesty have to say I just loved this book!!!! Madelyn and Lucas I just LOVED them...

This author for me is a must go to author, so much that I just devour her books. Simply because I just know that I will get everything I want and need from the stories!!! This book was simply amazing and this author had me swooning all over the place!!!

These two were just amazing and perfect together I LOVED IT HARD!!! This book not only makes the swoon-worthy categorie
Susan
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I went into this book after reading the blurb with high expectations. Often in those instances, you can be let down. But I really wasn't with Whisper Forever!

Lucas and Madelyn had known each other their whole life, and she insisted that they were meant to be together. But that led her to being disappointed by him a number of times. Madelyn rebounded, though! Both main characters were well-written and likeable. The plot was very good, although maybe a bit drawn out for my taste, and the book was
Autumn ♥
5 'Forever' Stars
It's taken me so long to find a good book lately and once I started this book I knew I probably should've waited a couple more hours to start it because once I started I couldn't put it down ;) but it was definitely well worth me going to be really tired for work tomorrow. I absolutely loved Lucas and Madelyn's story :)
Kimberly Givan
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
**************ARC provided for an honest review***********************
So, my only complaint is that Madelyn gave in so easily/quickly.
Luke was very repentant, but he didn’t specifically come back for her, and I wonder if she wasn’t the attractive girl she grew up to be would he have pursued her? Or would he have only tried to get their friendship back?
The ending was cute, but not unexpected since there was little to no drama to muck it up.