Start by marking “Pretty as a Peach (Sex and Sweet Tea, #4)” as Want to Read:
Pretty as a Peach (Sex and Sweet Tea, #4)

Pretty as a Peach

(Sex and Sweet Tea #4)

Mainer Farms is steeped in family history, but it’s also deep in debt from the effects of the ever-changing farming industry. Not about to let his family’s legacy go under, Colt Mancinkus is willing to do anything he can to save the farm.

Darby Culhane is the new farmer in Whynot, North Carolina, and she’s proving to be quite the forbidden temptation for Colt. Darby isn’t
188 pages
Published March 15th 2018 by Big Dog Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Pretty as a Peach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty as a Peach

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”I want to continue to get to know you. I want to see where this goes because I have this feeling deep in my gut that whatever is waiting at the end for us is going to be something beyond my wildest imagination.”

The ”Sex and Sweet Tea” series is like the Hallmark movie channel’s version of Sawyer Bennett’s romances. Normally her books contain a healthy dose of steam but her alter ego, Juliette Poe, likes to keep the steam very light and in
Dali
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
When peach farmer and researcher Darby Culhane arrived in Whynot to start anew, she finds herself confronting Colt Mancinkus, the most gorgeous man she’s ever seen and the local farmer she’s competing against to get a grant. But before he can get too riled up, she comes up with a plan for both of them to get what they want which includes farming and a delicious slow burn pursuit of their attraction.

From the moment Colt and Darby meet, the pull is almost palpable. But as Darby is recently separ
Debbie Oliphant
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I was so happy to receive an advanced copy because I am already a fan of this series. Who doesn't want to live in Whynot? The Mancickus Clan is so wonderful and loyal and it is a reminder of how the strength of family bonds can combat anything.

The series continues with Colt Mancickus, the younger brother, who is determined to keep Mainer Farms running after eight generations. Times have changed and money is tight and while farming is in his blo
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, southern charm…

Match the warm voice of a much-loved author with a charming town of unique and fun characters and what do you get? A series full of love with a southern twist of course! Whynot, North Carolina is a real place and never have I wished more that the characters that live in these stories can be found there…

Darby arrives in town with hopes for a new future and goals to help her get there. It’s not all smooth sailing though as her daughter Linnie is not as enthusiastic (as only a
Shayna
“Do you love me today?”
“Every day and twice on Tuesday.”

I seriously can’t get enough of the Sex and Sweet Tea series by author Juliette Poe. PRETTY AS A PEACH is just the type of romance that you need to brighten up your day. It’s a quick romance read, but it’s packed full of wonderful characters, a heartwarming storyline, and ALL THE FEELS you can think of. Darby and Colt were AMAZING characters. Rivalry turned friendship turned so much more…these two will completely melt your heart. Whynot,
Kahea

***4 Stars***

It’s funny. As much as I was interested to find what would happen when Colt and Darby finally collided, I just wanted a reason to spend more time with Pap and the rest of the Mancinkus clan and hang out in Whynot with all the other eclectic characters that populate the small town and I got that in spades with this one AND got Morrie time *happy sigh*

I loved Darby. I did. Her drive to not only achieve her own goals, but give her daughter, Linnie, more was something I found admirab
Nadine Bookaholic
Colt dislikes Darby before he even meets her because she had filed for a grant that he needs in order to improve on his farm so that they don't loose it, Darby is filing for the grant for a couple of reasons but Colt just doesn't agree with her needing it as much as he does. For that reason this book starts off as an enemy-to-lovers story, I was thrilled that it didn't last long though and they started a friendship that over time grew into something more.

You can read my full review along with an
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I received a free copy of [title] from [publisher] via Author. This has in no way influenced my voluntary review, which is honest and unbiased *Pretty as a Peach is the fourth book in the Sex and Sweet Tea series, but the first I have read. And because I wanted more - I went one-clicking my way through the first three books ;)

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
Pretty as a Peach was such a cute romance, I was swooning as I read about Colt and Darby. Their tr
Janey
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: march-2018, arc, kindle
This latest dip into Whynot, North Carolina focuses on the young Colt Mancinkus, who has taken over the family Mainer Farm, making him the 8th generation! He’s applied for a grant in an attempt to change the farm’s focus to becoming a wine producer. He’s done his research, and double checked his stats, and is more than sure this will work in the long term. But all of a sudden, he’s more concerned about his rival for the grant application.

Darby Culhane has made a decision to leave her marriage, a
Escape into a Booksite
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
*4.5 - 5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I love this series. I have enjoyed each and every book so far, and this one was no different. I knew from the little snippets of Colt previously, that I was going to be intrigued by him, and most likely really like him.

Colt was a fantastic man main lead, and as typical with the Mainer-Mancinkus clan, has a heart of gold and a lot of community spirit, high values and morals, and is just plain hard working. Darby was also a f
Jenn
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Received ARC for a fair and honest review**
Pretty as a Peach is the 4th book in the Sex and Sweet Tea series. This is Colt and Darby's story. This book can be read as a standalone, though I think that reading them in order makes it better. I like knowing who the characters are when they are discussed. I really loved Pretty as a Peach, and had a hard time putting it down. Darby left Illinois and everything she knew to get away from her controlling, abusive husband with her 7 year old daughter.
Kim
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Darby has left her husband and previous life behind and transplanted her and her daughter to the tiny town of Whynot, NC. She is glad to be out from under her husband's thumb and getting the chance to work on finishing her thesis and managing a farm.

But not only is her daughter unhappy, but she has already made one enemy in Colt Mancinkus. His family farm is struggling and he needs the grant that she has also applied for. So he is angry, bitter, and does not want to have anything to do with her
Three Chicks
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just adore this series. It is fun, light, sexy and I just love the Mancinkus family and the little town of Whynot. But it isn’t just about this family, the many residents of this small town as well as each new member of the Mancinkus family is what makes this series so enjoyable to read. Pretty as a Peach is Colt’s story, the youngest brother of the family.

Colt has taken on the task of running his family’s large farm, which currently needs a lot of help, mainly financial help. He has applied
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

♫ movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches, i'm movin' to the country I'm gonna eat me a lot of peaches ♫

I have had that tune running through my head since I started reading Pretty As A Peach. It was great t head back to Whynot, NC and the Mancinkus family.

This whole town, this whole series is seriously sweet, and will probably give you a toothache! Now we have Colt Mancinkus and his nemesis/woman he never knew he wanted Darby.

I loved the I hate you / I
Emma
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wishlist
Pretty as a Peach is the ultimate in slow burn romance. Darby and Colt have a rocky start when they both apply for the same grant in order to enhance their respective businesses, however, Colt's need is far greater than Darby's making him less than sympathetic to the gorgeous newcomer.

Colt is determined not to like Darby despite his physical attraction to her. His plans to keep her at a distance quickly evaporate as he gets to know the amazing person she is, beautiful inside and out. Colt is als
Tanja Kezmic
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book no. 4 and this series is still going strong. This story sets apart for the rest in the series; it's such a complex slow burn that really allows the characters to get to know each other before they fall head over heels in love.

“This is the South, and everything is done slow. Slow is better. It makes every discovery special, so I’m good with that.”

I loved how much Darby and Colt have in common. I loved how he managed to win over her daughter with such a simple gesture. I absolutely loved ho
Nicole P
This was a nice and easy read and slightly different from the other books in the Sex & Sweet Tea series. The other books were funny and lighter, whereas this one was more of a slow burn with some "serious" issues. In the previous book we get introduced to Colt Mancinkus's "enemy - Darby. She applies for the same grant that he does, and that makes him resentful and hateful. Without even meeting her, he places her under the category of 'enemy'. But when he meets her things change. Darby has co ...more
Crystal
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I swooned for Colt, felt my heart hurt for Darby, and just flat-out loved them both. Their story was sweet, stormy, and just a little sexy. A perfect addition to the series!
Reading with 2 book lovers
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
this is the 4th book in the sex and sweet tea series all can be read as stanadlones.
Ms Poe has a way of making me love the small southern town of Whynot more and more with every book k this series.
this book is about Colt and Darby.
I highly recommend this book and series to anyone who is new to Ms Poe or a lover of sawyer bennetts.
I volunteered to read a copy of this book
Juanita
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arz
This was a sweet and easy read.

I liked the way Colt just eased himself into Darby’s life and how he took it slowly with her transition of just moving into town along with being in a middle of a divorce. Absolutely loved how Colt won the heart of Linnie (Darby’s daughter) as she was not happy about the move.

I can’t wait for the next story – hot guy on a motorcycle – count me in!
Luisa Rivas
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth installment in the Sex and Sweet Tea series and it’s as delightful as the first two. I haven’t read the third one yet, but as soon as I read that there’s a baby goat that imprinted on Jake and wouldn’t feed from anyone but him, I know I have to read that one ASAP. This book features another of the Mancinkus siblings, this time Colt, the one who is in charge of the Mainer farm. He took over from his parents but the farm is in financial trouble. He applied for a grant to develop ...more
Rebecca
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Small town romances are one of my favorite types of stories because the angst is low and there are plenty of laughs and heartwarming incidences to indulge in when it comes to the story line. AND, there’s no better place to experience all that small towns have to offer than Whynot, North Carolina. Not only do readers get to experience residents’ joys and horrors of living in a place where everyone knows everyone else’s business, but we also get to truly know the townspeople and one crazy and lovi ...more
Rachel
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it

Colt Mancinkus is fighting tooth and nail to keep the family farm running. He has goals and is quietly working behind the scenes to make the farm profitable once again, hiding from his family the lengths he is having to take in order to keep the farm running. When he learns he has competition for the grant he is depending on, he isn’t happy to learn his competition is an out of towner working for a for-loss farm.

Darby Culhune is making a new life for herself and her daughter with a lit
Booknerd_1107
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty As A Peach

**received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

It’s time to go back to Why-Not North Carolina and see what’s happening with Pap and the rest of the gang. This time we get Colt’s story and see how his love for his family and heritage push him to improve the family’s farm but starting a new venture. The only thing standing in his way is new comer, Darby and her daughter Linnie. The connection between Darby and Colt is immediate and whether they are ready for it or not t
Erin Lewis
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review of Pretty As A Peach by Juliette Poe (Sex & Sweet Tea #4)

This was a fun, quick read full of romance, laughter and love of family. This is Colt Mancinkus and Darby Culhane’s story and I loved it from start to finish.

Ms. Poe describes Whynot in such great detail that I would love to visit. I love the idea of a small town where everyone knows you, although I am sure not everyone would appreciate that.

Colt is prepared to do whatever it takes to keep his family’s legacy, Mainer Farm
Monique
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is nothing more pleasurable when you want to escape from reality and fall into a love story without too many complications than to read this series / book. This is number 4 - Colt's chronicle.

The thing I love the most about these books is the family loyalty, respect and bonds these siblings have. When push comes to shove, you know the Mancinkus clan will pull together to remedy the problem at hand. And that sort of devotion will only spill out to their personal relationships too.

Colt has b
Mari
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018reads, arcs
I was excited for Colt's story as hinted in Barking Up the Wrong Tree and another visit to the town of Whynot is always a good time. Colt and Darby were at odds over the grant but when they met it was easily thawed. Darby was nicer to Colt than expected even if he was a jerk at first. The whole attraction to Darby is not so convenient at first seeing as she's not looking for a new relationship but her being a bigger person and withdrawing from the grant helps a lot.

I like that they got along sw
Pamela Lilley
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 4 in the Sex and Sweet Tea series from Juliette Poe (alter ego to Sawyer Bennett), brings us Colt Mancinkus’ and Darby McCulhane’s Story. Both Colt and Darby have applied for the same grant to aid in their farm projects. Colt needs the new vineyard to keep his family farm afloat. Darby needs the grant to assist her in her new peach orchard and to further education. Having just come out of a controlling marriage, Darby is settling in well to rural farm life and is quick to make friends. Colt ...more
Marybeth
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love being taken back to this charming southern town of Whynot. The way they all help each other and embrace newcomers and the sense of acceptance and family one can find there is wonderful, especially the Mancikus family and their friends. This is something Darby and her 7 year old daughter Linnie find out from the moment they arrive on the heels of her separation from her husband. She is there for a fresh start and when she runs into Colt Mancikus there is an instant palpable chemistry betwe ...more
Renee Entress
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, sweet love, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Ain't He Precious? (Sex and Sweet Tea #1)
Stubborn as a Mule (Sex and Sweet Tea #2)
Barking Up the Wrong Tree (Sex and Sweet Tea #3)

This is Darby and Colt‘s story. Colt will do anything to save the family farm. When he runs into the new farmer in town he is drawn to the peaches on her farm. She is all about getting her farm off the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Legend (Arizona Vengeance, #3)
  • Intensity (The Path to Serenity, #1)
  • More Than Famous (Famous, #2)
  • The Sex Bucket List
  • Chasing Mr. Wrong (Chasing Love, #4)
  • Wildcard: Volume Two (Wildcard, #2)
  • After We Fall (Take the Fall, #3)
  • Tattooed Emotions (Tattooed, #1)
  • Where the Lotus Flowers Grow
  • Ivory
  • Sleighed (Severton Search & Rescue, #1)
  • All the Right Things (Love in LA, #2)
  • Suddenly a Bride
  • Fearless Love (Konigsburg, #7)
  • A Star to Steer Her By
  • Rebel Love
  • Seeing Blind
  • The Prisoner (The Replacement, #1.5)
Juliette Poe is the sweet and swoony alter ego of New York Times Best Selling author, Sawyer Bennett.

A fun-loving southern girl, Juliette knows the allure of sweet tea, small towns, and long summer nights, that some of the best dates end sitting on the front porch swing, and that family is top priority. She brings love in the south to life in her debut series, Sex & Sweet Tea.

When Juliette is

Sex and Sweet Tea (5 books)
  • Ain't He Precious? (Sex and Sweet Tea, #1)
  • Stubborn as a Mule (The Sex and Sweet Tea Series Book 2)
  • Barking Up the Wrong Tree (Sex and Sweet Tea, #3)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Sex and Sweet Tea, #5)