Start by marking “The Reluctant Emissary” as Want to Read:
The Reluctant Emissary

The Reluctant Emissary

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  18 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Shattered dreams… A shocking truth… Nothing is ever simple…

     Devastated by the tragic death of his fiancée, Eshan Wallace had lost more than just the will to live in the moments that followed her accident. For his crimes against the man who took her from him, Eshan faces a grim ultimatum. Imprisonment and learn to live by the rules of criminal society or accept a year o
Published May 22nd 2017 by Quasar Press

To ask other readers questions about The Reluctant Emissary, please sign up.
T.M. You can't edit a blank page. Even if it's complete garbage, keep writing. Never give up. Never surrender. :D
T.M. That's a hard one. I loved writing Eshan because he harassed me. He crept into my dreams and annoyed me while I was taking showers. I would lose track…moreThat's a hard one. I loved writing Eshan because he harassed me. He crept into my dreams and annoyed me while I was taking showers. I would lose track of time thinking about plot ideas until I ran out of hot water.

My other favorite is Bax. He's just a big, alien oaf. Sort of a cross between Groot and Chewbacca. Every bumbling hero needs a steady sidekick. :D(less)

really liked it 4.00  ·

Fred Shaw
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TM Toombs first novel is a great one. Alaska is overrun with people fleeing the overcrowded lower 48. Aliens from outer space, the Zeta Grays, have come to earth in friendship, and brought cures for cancer and other monumental unsolved problems. In exchange they are asking the earth federations to provide labor on their planet to harvest ores that will save their species, but material that will kill the aliens to mine.

A young man Eshan Wallace, in Alaska has just become engaged, but the woman o
Dianne
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The woman of his dreams, was killed right before his eyes. Eshan Wallace lost his heart that night and any semblance of control a she sought revenge on the man responsible. Now facing the consequences of his actions, Eshan must choose, prison or a journey into an unknown frontier as the lone inhabitant of an outpost on Pluto’s moon. One year and he would walk away a free man, but has Eshan chosen wisely?

Unprepared for life in out space, Eshan wasn’t prepared to actually have to confront an alien
Glen
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

A man chooses to take a year long mission to a moon of Pluto, rather than serving a life sentence for a revenge killing of the man who killed his fiance.

It seems that the alien grays are trying to forge an alliance with earth in their war against other aliens, and bring gifts of technology.

Those other aliens arrive on the moon, and our protagonist winds up the ambassador for the aliens.

Okay. Seems like the author listened to Coast to Coast AM a little too o
A.M. Goetz
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love discovering new authors who know how to tell an engaging story, and T.M. Toombs is one of the best I've read in a while. This book kept me captivated from beginning to end, and I'm so excited to know there are more installments on the way. If you enjoy reading about ordinary people struggling through impossible times, you'll love The Reluctant Emissary.
Steve
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that the story started off a bit slowly, but I soon found myself hooked to the point where I needed to find out what would happen next. Solid story for sure, although I did find some discrepancies in the story line and the character development. I also felt there were some areas that could have benefitted from additional description and development. That said, there was enough character and story development to draw you in and make you care about what happened to the characters. I will ...more
Julie
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to the next one.
Cyber
Arnie Postier
Jun 27, 2017
Anthony DiMuzio
T.M.
May 19, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
Debee Sue
Aceofthedark
Vinita
Jun 16, 2017
TM Toombs states that her major accomplishments in life include getting out of bed and remembering to rinse the conditioner out of her hair. She is currently living in the oilfields of North Dakota with her hardworking husband who wishes she'd hurry up and get her writing career off the ground so he can retire and spend his days fishing. TM is the mom to a very active, non-verbal son facing the ch ...more