Start by marking “The Soulweb” as Want to Read:
The Soulweb

Read Book* *Different edition

The Soulweb

This is a previously published version of isbn 1539595978, isbn 13 9781539595977.

Centuries ago, King Mavius’s spell caused destruction beyond reasoning, weaving a web around and through the souls of his knights. Even now, the spell of the long dead king pulls at his descendants. Jaron must trade his books for blades when Mavius, with his knights behind him, returns from b
Published April 19th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Soulweb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Soulweb

Start your review of The Soulweb
Sam Hendricks
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nedeau is a fresh voice in the sword and sorcery genre and I thoroughly enjoyed every page of The Soulweb. His characters feel real and I especially enjoyed the world-building (smooth, relatively fast-paced) and wit (top-notch, had me laughing a lot!).

I felt connected to Nedeau's voice and the unique way he described the world and let me fill in the rest. I learned about his background before reading the book and it explains the attention to detail and movement and beauty in a few scenes I real
Keith Willis
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reading Steven M. Nedeau’s debut novel, The Soulweb, is a bit like jumping into a fast-flowing river filled with rapids, boulders, and waterfalls (something that happens in the story, BTW). You never know what’s going to happen next, but it all goes so fast that by the time you lay panting in the shallows at the end of the ride you think: a) “OMG, I made it!”; and b) “OMG, that was awesome, let’s do it again!!!”

The Soulweb is a fast-moving high fantasy complete with epic quests, even more epic b
Al Burke
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had to think long and hard about whether this deserved four or five stars. To be fair I think it deserved four and a half, so I rounded up.

The Soulweb starts off as a standard quest book, with someone finding out he's the king and he's being hunted by his enemies. It's a nice twist that he's a librarian instead of your average farmhand who turns into a blademaster five pages later. Nope, he's actually pretty hopeless outside of the library and needs the help of his protectors in nearly everyth
Kameron
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

(review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)

If you even remotely like The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings trilogy a wee bit, then you'll love The Soulweb. It possessed some of the same qualities as J. R. R. Tolkien's works of art.

important mission
unique alliances
dragons
dead people
a ring: The Soulweb's ring wasn't precious, though. :D

The Soulweb had its unique properties, which kept me engrossed in the storyline. I don't want to giv
Michael Nadeau
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this adventure through the world the author has created. It gives just the right amount of detail without dragging on and leaves you wanting more. The only thing I can say that I wanted was glimpses into some things that were teased that never were revealed....maybe in book 2 we will see some of these things. All in all very cool!
Colin Rowlands
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
The author has put together a fun story set in an interesting world, some of the elements follow the traditional fantasy story path, but on the whole he manages to avoid going down the path of those tropes too fully e.g. the hero does not become a great warrior or mage by the end of the first chapter or anything like that.

The narrator mostly did a good job enhancing the story with his performance, albeit some of the accent choices could have been better, but they didn't detract too much overall.
Bikram
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobookboom
I had requested and received audiobook version of this book for free from the narrator, in exchange for an unbiased review.

It was an entertaining fantasy read. It takes a slightly different approach to the known / typical Fantasy tropes. I appreciate that the hero of the story doesn't become peasant to expert within a chapter or two. He struggles with the changes and slowly grows, which is how it should be. Once the book picks up speed, it maintains it and doesn't let up. Another good thing abou
Tomas Grizzly
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
~75%.

The story is quite short and has a decent pace despite being often very picturesque. I also felt there were a few a bit unclear PoV shifts. Still, it's an enjoyable quick read.

And as a side-note: I like the 'cave version' of the cover more, but that's my preference.
Steve
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A fun fantasy romp! The author created a unique world with fun characters and many races, some new to me. A hero's quest at first but morphs into much more, with many original concepts (i.e. a Soulweb), and plot twists. The ending makes you wonder what else is in store... ...more
Lulu
Jul 25, 2017
Doug
Mar 15, 2019
D
rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2018
Sep 18, 2017
Drachma
Sep 21, 2017
Steven M Nedeau
Oct 05, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: authored
Aug 28, 2018
Poulomi Sanyal
Sep 14, 2018
Latest Review: LOTR without the Boring 1 1 Nov 26, 2019 11:50AM

• The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1)
  • The Charmer (Harbor City, #2)
  • Lured By Light (Janey McCallister Mystery Book 2)
  • The Wedding Date Disaster
  • The Christmas Pact
  • The Schemer (Harbor City, #3)
  • Batman: Three Jokers #2
  • Henrietta the Dragon Slayer (Henrietta the Dragon Slayer, #1)
  • Batman: White Knight
  • Happily This Christmas (Happily Inc, #6)
  • Batman: The Long Halloween
  • Happily Letter After
  • Their Christmas Baby Contract (Blackberry Bay #2)
  • Touchstone of Love (Touchstone, #1)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All (Dork Diaries, #5)
  • Skeleton with a Heart (Death Knight #1)
  • Zahara's Gift (Bond of a Dragon #1)
  • Batman: Curse of the White Knight
Steven M Nedeau lives in New Hampshire. Inspired by nights and weekends playing Dungeons&Dragons during his teen years, Steven fills his fantasy stories with adventure, suspense and fantastic new creatures. His science fiction works are heavily inspired by his love for science fiction movies, such as Bladerunner or Alien, and many have recognized the cinematic aspect to his writing style.

Having ju