Start by marking “Juniper Unraveling (Juniper Unraveling, #1)” as Want to Read:
Juniper Unraveling (Juniper Unraveling, #1)

Juniper Unraveling

(Juniper Unraveling #1)

Papa says everyone has a story that deserves to be told.

Most begin years ago, after the second bomb hit, unearthing a deadly contagion that divided the population into the pure, the infected, and the Ragers.

Many recount the moment we rose up from the ashes and started anew.

Others tell of the day we built a wall to keep them out.

For some, they’re nothing more than the ves
Published October 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Juniper Unraveling, please sign up.
Keri Lake Hi Sarah,
Yes, this series ended with God of Monsters.…more
Hi Sarah,
Yes, this series ended with God of Monsters.(less)

Start your review of Juniper Unraveling (Juniper Unraveling, #1)
jessica
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
dark, grisly, addictive. this is one of the more riveting post-virus survival stories i have read.

i think the mature themes throughout do the story a great service. most dystopia/zombie stories i have read are YA, so it was super refreshing (albeit disturbing) to see a story talking about the dark side of things. KL has a way of making me obsessed with psychologically twisted content, to the point of feeling guilty that i enjoy it, but i wouldnt have it any other way.

so if you pick this up, re
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS

This is our fragile dance of understanding and confusion. Pain and lust. Roughness and reverence. This is who we are—two damaged souls trying to figure each other out.

A dystopian romance with Keri's signature grit and dark undercurrents? Sign me up!
I didn't even need a blurb to know that I'm going to love this book. And you know what? I was NOT wrong. This is what would happen if you took Resident Evil, added a dash of Walking Dead, and then mixed it all up with incredible ro
Jen
My brain is going a mile a minute right now!! I just finished this amazing book, and I must say that Keri Lake has taken her writing talent to a whole new level! I am so impressed by what she has written...I was a fan before; but now I will be hanging on every word she writes in the future!!!

This book reminded me a lot of the "Divergent" series, although "Juniper Unraveling" is way darker, grittier, and down right chilling! I loved how even with the story having a major dark tone to it, there wa
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
30547322-SX540-1

This one was recommended to me numerous time by various people but I’ve always been stuck under Arcs, until now...Because this isn't something I would normally jump on I went in tiptoeing worried that it wouldn't be for me, but OMFG as soon as I started I was beyond HOOKED..Half the time I'd be sitting there mouth open, FLABBERGASTED, not believing half of what I was reading, like the walking dead coming alive in my mind, ready to take over the world, god what a rollercoaster this book was..
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, dark

➦I can't even tell you how long it's been since I've read a dystopian novel. Probably a year. Which is like, such a long time. In blogger years, that's probably an equivalent of 7. Give or take.

➦I won't bore you with details. But, there's a virus. And if you like zombie-like creatures then you'll probably enjoy Keri Lake's variation of them. In the midst of all this awesomeness is a love story and a very very tortured hero. If you're a fan of those types of heroes then I'm sure you will love thi
✰ Liz ✰
"We're the perfect, twisted match, destined for pain like a sad tragedy."
description

Juniper Unraveling is a simply stunning dystopian romance full of action and grit that will leave you completely breathless the entire read. I have long been a fan of Keri Lake's work and she has truly delivered a blockbuster hit with a gripping plot, complex characters, and smoking hot romance all set in a dystopian society like none I have ever experienced before.

description
"I can't breathe as he kisses me like he's trying to
warhawke
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dystopian lover
Genre: Dark Dystopian Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Females
Rating:

It's been years since the world first fell into chaos, but it didn't made it any less harsh to live. With limited resources, a safe haven was highly sought after, but safety was just an illusion. In order to survive, one must learn to recognize who's friend and who's foe.

I love dystopian stories for the potential of bleakness. This book was not as dark and depressing as I thought it would be, but I still really enj
Chelsea Humphrey
3.5 STARS rounded to 4

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Civilization has always been divided into those who have everything and those who have nothing. Even when the world goes to shit."

"And I swore that I would keep you alive until the last beat of my heart."

"But there is no monster more terrifying than the human being who lacks compassion."

"Falling in love means you have to be brave enough to accept the pain when it comes to stake its claim."

"...there isn't a vaccine in creation that can cure hatred and indiff
Stacey is Sassy
IT'S ALIVE!!

What does a monster look like?

***4.5 stars***

It’s Friday night and I’m having a glass of wine. I feel like I deserve it after spending the whole day reading Juniper Unravelling. I admit that some of this day has been mired in frustration, disgust and horror but most of the day has been sucked into the vortex of an epic read. This was a journey that left me a little battered and bruised but triumphant in the end.

There’s this little part of me that thought that Keri Lake had got this o
Olga therebelreader
**4.5 stars**

This book was absolutely awesome. I was taken on this incredible ride and hung on to dear life throughout the book’s entirety. Keri Lake is an incredible writer. She has created a vivid, disturbing world. I loved her writing style. It pulled me in quickly and I found myself irritated whenever I had to put the book down.

There's some genuine moments where I was so moved with compassion and emotion. The story, the characters will pierce your heart and slowly, so slowly, rip it out. T
Penny
Actual Rating 3.5 stars.

There are two books here. The first half, which I really liked, and the second half, which I couldn't much care about. I would give the first half a solid 4.5 stars, but the second half is a mere 2 stars review for me. In the end, the first half of the book had such a strong pull on me that I decided to give the book a 4 stars rating on Goodreads.

What I liked most about this book was that you never new where the story was going. That was brilliant for me and very gratify
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
80% dnf

Great start but when the 8 year time jump happens, I don't like how the story or characters change.
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

✮✮✮ 4.5 STARS ✮✮✮

...there isn’t a vaccine in creation that can cure hatred and indifference to human suffering. They are the most virulent diseases in existence.

Keri Lake ventures with Juniper Unraveling into uncharted territory. I am convinced that she can write anything she sets her mind on but I was a little nervous on her behalf. She is one of the authors who takes feedback and criticism with grace and humility but I have an idea of how much this story m
Bee
Updated 12/21/2020

This is still one of my favorite reads, and I often come back to think about it. I especially think about the ending, as it is the main thing that still bothers me. I didn’t really acknowledge that when reading the book the first time, because as a whole, it was amazing. But I can now admit that the ending soured my enjoyment quite a bit. So, I’m taking a star off for that!

11/4/2019

Original rating: 5 stars
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
35172048._SY475_-1.jpg

Bloody hell this book!!
I don't even know where to start with this review all I know is this was just so magnificent from start to finish and words can't do justice to how much this actually managed to impress me.
Everything about this worked for me and I was transfixed from the second I picked this up.

A totally new author for me but one I will definitely be reading again.
So this was set against a dystopian postapocalyptic backdrop and for humans, life has essentially evolved into a battle of dail
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I strongly recommend going into this story blind. I did and it made the experience way better than I could have expected!

I've never watched an episode of The Walking Dead, because...

I'm scared of all things ZOMBIE or WALKER or UNDEAD.

However, Juniper Unraveling read like what I imagine a romantized version of the show would be. The world was destroyed. There were survivors and there were the infected. It was scary and it was thrilling and I enjoyed the heck out of it.

This story was about a girl
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4.5 Brilliant stars ❤

Wow it was amazing , at the beginning I didn't know what to expect and what I found was brilliant.What a wild ride, I was on the edge of my seat most of the time wondering what will happen next.I never get bored, it has action,it's dark,emotional and romantic.

I loved everything about it and especially the world Keri created.It's not your typical story, it's so different and unique.I’m not going to say anything about the story because you need to experience this one, but beli
Villains Do It Better
Deborah
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 7th - 8th October.

I love a good dystopian and this book is fabulous. I will warn you it’s not an easy read. At times I was well outside my comfort zone. But it was worth it. This book hooked me early on and just never let go. My only real cause for concern was the eight year jump in time. I’m not a fan of losing years and I wasn’t happy. But I soon got over my mini tantrum and continued on. ...

The world has been decimated by the Dredge. A virus or prion designed to spread. And spread it
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
3.5 Stars

First, let me get a couple of caveats out of the way. I don’t do zombies. They gross me out and I don’t like them. Though Ragers aren’t labeled as such, that’s what they are. I also don’t like motorcycle men/clubs/whatever. They aren’t my jam. Guess what’s also in this book? I got about 2% in when I figured out what was what and you should’ve seen the look on my face when I realized I’d chosen a %^&%$# zombie book! Fit to be tied, I was. God damn cover being all intriguing and whatnot.

N
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.
Betül
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Two damaged souls trying to figure each other out."

I absolutely LOVED Juniper Unraveling. Dystopian/Post-apocalyptic romances are my guilty pleasures, and I am always on the hunt for more books in this genre. When I read the blurb and early reviews of this book, I just knew I had to get my hands on it. This is the first book I read by Keri Lake, also this was her first book in this genre, so I didn't know what to expect. Keri did NOT d
✩ Yaz ✩
5 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

He wears his words across his skin like braille. A story of pain that I wish I could rewrite for him, and take away the chapters that mark his suffering.

My head is still reeling because there wasn't a moment's rest... like wow... I could not put this book down.

It was utterly gripping and insane.

Juniper Unraveling is a dark romance set in a brutal post-apocalyptic world that sheds off humanity's morality and brings out its most depraved and heinous instincts.

Because I am sick. And s
Pam Godwin
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unputdownable, unforgettable, and utterly brilliant, this book is a must-read for all romance enthusiasts. It's emotional, action-packed, and simmering with filthy sensuality. Gawd, I love a tortured hero, and Six doesn't disappoint. He's guarded and vicious, broken and strong, delicious and captivatingly complex. Put aside any bias you might have for the sub-genre, and read this book. I can't recommend it enough. ...more
Eliza
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, oct-2017

★5 STARS★

I think it’s fair to say I had a slight cause for concern when going into Juniper Unraveling. I’ve never had any interest in reading a dystopian novel before, but such is the power of Keri Lake, I couldn’t have trusted a better author to take the leap with. The fact that it also hinted to harbouring one of her darkest heroes yet may have also given me reason to clear my throat with nervousness.

I’m the first to admit I’m a wimp when it comes to reads such as these. But if you were t
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4.5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

🖤Follow me on Instagram for more edits🖤

[image error]

ok. This is what this book has done to me. I m still reeling from the that punch to the brain. My head is spinning. Might be one of the best plot twist I ve ever read. Might be one of the most raw books I ve ever read. This is no walk to the park. This is a walk on the backs of alligators in a swamp. Trust me, if you have triggers like rape, violence, child abuse, murder, sick experiments, avoid this book. As I said, there is no unicor
FMABookReviews

❝We're the perfect, twisted match, destined for pain like a sad tragedy. The moth who fell in love with the flame. He's the reaper, and I'm his disciple.❞

As a blogger, I am amazed and honored each time I am given the offer to read books before they go on sale. I cannot always read what is offered due to time constraints, as well, I don’t sign up for every book available to me, no matter how much I love the author, because if the book is a genre I don’t typically read (ie PNR, Fantasy, Dystopia)
Mimiorphee
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc
Keri Lake said she wanted to try something new, here it is Juniper Unraveling, her new book, a dystopian romance.

I'm just going to be straight here, take the plunge, you won't regret it because whatever that author writes is simply gold.

That book broke my heart, for the characters and for the horrible nature of the humanity it paints. It explores the darkest hours of a world that's been subjected to a virus, the Dredge that infected the population, turning them into Ragers (zombies-like beings),
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
5 - LOVED IT! - Stars

I seriously laid in bed all day yesterday ignoring my husband and kids to read this. The story kept me interested and I had to find out what happened.

Full Review to come

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review
Danielle
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
one of the best dystopians I've ever read. ...more

• Glint (The Plated Prisoner, #2)
  • Gild (The Plated Prisoner, #1)
  • Shadow Fae (Dark Fae: Extinction, #1)
  • A King so Cold (Royals, #1)
  • Shadow's Touch (Shadow Series, #2)
  • Shadow's Kiss (Shadow Series, #1)
  • Shadow's Due (Shadow Series, #3)
  • Savage Lands (Savage Lands, #1)
  • Fated (Fated, #1)
  • Wild Lands (Savage Lands, #2)
  • King  of the South (Belgrave Dynasty, #1)
  • Shadow's Fall (Shadow Series #4)
  • Defy The Ravaged (Matron's Watchmen #1)
  • Dark Days (Dark Fae: Extinction, #3)
  • The Ringmaster (Harrow Faire #4)
  • The Stray Prince (Royals #2)
  • Dark Skies (Dark Fae: Extinction, #2)
  • Flock (The Ravenhood, #1)
See top shelves…
Author of dark romance who specializes in demon wrangling, vengeance dealing and wicked twists.

I love connecting with readers, so feel free to join my reading group: http://bit.ly/2lWjOFg

Juniper Unraveling (4 books)
  • Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling, #2)
  • Kings of Carrion (Juniper Unraveling, #3)
  • God of Monsters (Juniper Unraveling #4)

News & Interviews

“When the world is at its darkest, somehow love still carries the light.” 3 likes
“For the next two hours, I sit in horror, as Doctor Falkenrath cuts the man open, removing a bloody, gelatinous organ that he hands to me on a tray, instructing me to place it in a jar with some solution. I stare down at the red glob of meat that once served a vital purpose for the man laid out on the gurney.” 1 likes