Jump to ratings and reviews

The Preacher Lady

Bleu, a newly ordained minister, struggles to accept her new responsibilities when the senior pastor, her mentor and friend, is relocated. She is faced with a change in jobs, relocation and an absentee dad who suddenly wants to be a part of her life. When she meets and attracted to Mac, a handsome country music singer and songwriter, she decides romance is the last thing she needs in her life. But he refuses to be ignored until his former high school sweetheart shows up and decides she wants him back.

Kindle Edition

First published April 14, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Phyllis Cherry

3 books3 followers
Phyllis Cherry (also known as P.S Cherry) is the daughter of a coal miner from southeaster Kentucky. She is a graduate of the University of Alabama. She is an avid traveler, a watercolor artist and writer. She has written articles on food, wine and travel for newspapers and a trade journal. Her book "Angels in Training" is available on Amazon.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 reviews
Profile Image for Jane.
Author 13 books74 followers
March 27, 2018
I want to thank Phyllis Cherry, author and Goodreads First Reads Giveaway for the eBook Kindle copy of The Preacher Lady that I won in the Giveaway.

Bleu Weaver is a new minister and the story starts with her ready to preform her first wedding ceremony and she is nervous. She serves at a senior care facility and assistant pastor to the church. She has completed her college and training and is ready to begin her life in service to God.

Her life is about to change. First the head pastor is transferred to a new church and mission in Peru, so her mentor is leaving her. Second she has to take over immediately during the Christmas season to take his place until the temporary pastor arrives and his permanent replacement. Add another Christmas Eve wedding and the four weeks of marriage counseling, all the sermons, Christmas programs, craft fairs and one of the seniors breaks her hip and needs hip replacement surgery.

In her personal life her father returns to her life at Thanksgiving after being gone for eight years. He is a changed man with an eye patch, a limp and a cane and she is in the dark about what happened to him.

Mac, one of the grandson's of a resident becomes interested in her and he is hot and cold, has to travel with his career and she is an emotional mess.

The Preacher Lady is an emotional roller coaster for Bleu and she has her faith to help her deal with all the changes happening in a few weeks.
Profile Image for Eliza March.
Author 39 books117 followers
June 1, 2017
A love story

The story is about love. The kind between friends, families, and lovers. Nothing in life should be taken for granted but this will inspire you and have you appreciating the best in others.
Profile Image for Marissa.
2,923 reviews32 followers
March 11, 2018
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

A love story of the power of love and how it finds us when we least expected. A fast paced plot that flows quickly.

The trials a young newly ordained minister faces and the unepeted events that happen when you least expect it. Enjoyable warm read.
Profile Image for Judy.
1,050 reviews
April 27, 2018
This book was a light, easy romantic read with a Christian fiction element to it. The main character, Bleu Weaver, is a newly ordained minister that is currently serving at a senior care facility in Florida. Bleu struggles with challenges in both her personal and professional life and relies on her faith to see her through.

I felt the editing of the book could have been better. There were errors in word usage, spelling and grammar. The characters were likable and believable.

Thank you to Goodreads and Phyllis Cherry for this gift of this book that I received in a giveaway.
Profile Image for Clipinchick.
596 reviews31 followers
Want to read
April 2, 2018
I received this book for free from the author/publisher in response for an honest review of the book. I have not had the opportunity to read this book at this time. I will add my
review of this book once I have read the book. Thank k you for allowing me the optometrist review your work. I look forward to reading this book.
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.