Start by marking “Let's Meet on Platform 8” as Want to Read:
Let's Meet on Platform 8

Let's Meet on Platform 8

Let's Meet On Platform 8 by Carole Matthews released on Jul 23, 2004 is available now for purchase.
Published July 23rd 2004 by Red Dress Ink (first published January 1st 1997)

Leona
Dec 10, 2016 added it
Shelves: dnf
I won't rate the book because I always think it's unfair to rate something you couldn't finish. I am a huge fan of Carole Matthew's books, but I found this one frankly difficult to read and not for the reasons you would think.

By chapter 6, I just wasn't into the characters or their story. There was nothing engaging to keep me interested. The story just plodded along with 2 very unlikeable characters.

I was in need for a good book to entertain me over the weekend. Needless to say, this wasn't the
Jan
Sep 30, 2009 rated it did not like it
About 80 pages into this book, I stopped for a few days to contemplate whether I wanted to finish it. Ultimately, I decided that I wanted to see where the story was going - perhaps the characters would redeem themselves - so I picked it up again and powered through. Boy, was I sorry.

Let's Meet on Platform 8 is the story of Jamie and Terri, two London commuters who literally bump into each other at the train station and fall in love. The hitch? Jamie is married, which he doesn't bother to tell Te
Sherri Bryant
Mar 15, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I was very disappointed in this story. Why couldn't Jamie have been separated or in the process of getting divorced? I don't understand why people begin new relationships before ending the ones they are currently engaged in completely. I had no respect for either Teri or Jamie for carrying on, though it began innocently. It was hard to dislike Pamela because I thought she was getting a raw deal, though Jamie does go back to her, where does that leave Teri and the possibility that she's pregnant? ...more
Alexandra Gillgrass
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book from beginning to end!
While the concept does seem rather cliche Carole Matthews has such a talent for writing in it in a way that is tasteful and you find yourself sympathising with the characters. She really does have such a flare for writing that I simply could not put the book down and finished it in a matter of days.
The characters were so well developed and I found myself loving them the more I read on.
The great thing about Carole Matthew' books are her great re
Karen
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
Dana
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
love triangle- really good characters
Vanessa
Jun 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Whenever i finish reading a book, i have never felt the ugly sinister feeling to rip it apart or burn it, until this book. Nor have i ever felt so disgusted and appalled.

WARNING SPOILERS!!
Aside from Charlie and Pamela, I did not like nor sympathize with the characters. Pamela out of spite made the wrong decision in her fake affair but she is a character you can feel for. Teri and Jamie on the other hand never expressed any true remorse but encouraged their affair and tried to justify it. What t
Aileen
Jun 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Teri is single, looking for Mr Right but has been unsuccessful in the
past she works for city television, she gets knocked over her feet by
Jamie Duncan one night at Euston Station, Jamie is very good looking,
they start meeting regularly, only problem is he is married to Pamela
with 2 children, Teri is not happy when he eventually tells her and
gives him a piece of her mind, they agree to be friends, but can a
single girl be just friends with a married man?
I feel awful for saying this because C
Kelsie
Nov 30, 2011 rated it did not like it
Although I enjoyed Wrapped Up in You by Carole Matthews, there was nothing I liked about this book. I didn't connect with -- or even LIKE any character. Yes, I read the summary beforehand but it bothered me that not a single character had morals. Everyone just seemed so slimy gross to me. Matthews also made England seem gloomy and depressing. I had to force myself to get through this, only to discover no real conclusion. Ugh.
Lorraine Vella
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this one... the ending was quite unpredictable and kept me thinking on how the story could have evolved and if there will be a second book which will continue with this one! I love this author :)
Debbie Viggiano
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think this was the first novel I read of Carole's and was so captivated I went on to read just about everything she's published, even though I've not had time to review them all. A perfect quandary but a perfect outcome!
Fizza
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's good but I just didn't like the way it ended.
Natasha McLear Author
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
A bad story, written well.
Carol Matthews writes really well. Her narrative is moving and sweet, funny in places wise in places which keeps you reading. I wasn't crazy about the dated 90s details but it still made the book very real. Sadly, that's all the good news right there.
Wait for me on platform 8 is quite simply, the worst story ever! I don't know what genre Ms Matthews thinks she's writing but it's not something to make women readers feel good in any way.
It's been a long long time since I
Allison Hurst
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love Carole Matthews Books, I’ve got all of them and I think this is the 9th one I’ve read. With the others I really loved them, didn’t want to put them down and was gutted when they were finished. Unfortunately it wasn’t the case with this one. It was hard going finishing it, but I hate not finishing a book. I found it to be quite boring to be honest, a slow story, not a lot of excitement in it. The main characters didn’t have much about them. Not a lot really went on. I thought here we go, a ...more
Heather
Oct 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Emily
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading Million Love Songs by Carole Matthews, I thought I’d try some of her other books, and where better to start than her first? I took one star away from the review because I did find the beginning of the book a bit slow, but it wasn’t long before I was reeled in, wanting to know more about where the story was headed. Carole Matthews writes exceptionally well, and I love that her books don’t always have the ‘happy ever after’ ending that most books seem to have these days. The characte ...more
Jessica
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick read with some good storytelling and setting descriptions in the beginning, and a few good insights into relationships, although the story sort of goes a bit over the top for the second half of the book. With some restraint, it could have been a good book. As it is, it's a fun, fast read and makes you feel morally righteous.
Layla Ashby
Read this years ago, loved it, I didn’t realise Carole Matthews was still writing books, iv missed so many of her newer books, I really must read some. This book didn’t disappoint me it was a lovely light relaxing read.
Val Waring
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’m normally a big fan of Carole Matthews but I’m afraid this one just didn’t do it for me. I plodded through waiting for “the real story” to start but it just didn’t. Hugely disappointing for me - though others may feel differently of course.
Andrew Openshaw
Unexpected

It was really hard to get into and I kept waiting for something good to happen. I'll try another of her books just to see if it's the curse of the first book - she's written so many that they must be more exciting.
Gemma Stockham
Love Carole Matthews but this theme on adultery made it rather hard for me to warm either character. The story left me wanting to know more about how things were left.
Vanessa-Ann Dowsett
Listened through to the end but it struck me me what a very sad book this was. A tangled web of mistrust, adultery and the mess and hurt left behind.
Sandra Preston
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good chick flick book
Rumsha  A {Storiesandplottwists}
There's not one character that didn't appal me. Disgusting but funny sometimes.
Bjorg Hreinsdottir
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Not one of her best books, thats for sure. The idea is good but it just does not work out and what is with the ending???? :( ...more
Amanda
Feb 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book puts feminism back two generations
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
WOW! If you know me or my blog by now you would know Carole Matthews is a favourite author of mine and I'm trying to read ALL her stories. Yet again I was not disappointed and loved this story, it had it all from lies, drama, affairs to love and loss. BRILLIANT. Highly recommended from me... This story is written well, easy to read and contains short chapters. I didn't want to put it down! I loved the characters and I loved the setting especially as I love train journeys myself (means I can read ...more
Sharon
Dec 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
This book has been on my shelf since the time of the dinosaurs - Jurassic Park era, 90's. Duh - because it sounded awful but I couldn't bring myself to part with it without at least giving it a go. Feeling brave, I dipped my toes into the Goodreads reviews hoping to alleviate my worries, but was further terrified. The bottom line seemed to be that it was an awful novel with awful characters. I nearly didn't bother and put it straight into the charity box. But something held me back...

In summary;
Heather
I had liked Teri from the beginning but about mid way through I started to find her really annoying. It wasn't the fact that she was cheating with another woman's husband that bothered me, I just found her whiney. Or maybe it was because the more I got to know about Pam and how strong she was in this terrible situation made me prefer her. What I did like is how Carole Matthews wrote this story about adultery. Judging from the reviews I have read, readers seem to be very upset about the content b ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Name & Address Withheld
  • Mafia Chic
  • My Fake Wedding
  • The Dominant Blonde
  • Losing It
  • Inappropriate Men (Red Dress Ink)
  • Bombshell
  • Loose Screws
  • A Little Change of Face
  • Up & Out
  • Out of the Blue
  • Getting Personal
  • Slightly Married (Slightly, #4)
  • The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)
  • It's Not You, It's Me
  • Babyface
  • Burning The Map
  • Speechless
Carole Matthews is an international bestselling author of hugely successful romantic comedy novels. Her unique sense of humour has won her legions of fans and critical acclaim all over the world.

A Minor Indiscretion and A Compromising Position both reached the Top 5 in the Sunday Times bestseller chart in the UK. You Drive Me Crazy reached number 8 in the original fiction charts. The novel Welcom