Start by marking “The New Inductive Study Bible NASB: Discovering the Truth For Yourself” as Want to Read:
The New Inductive Study Bible NASB: Discovering the Truth For Yourself

The New Inductive Study Bible NASB: Discovering the Truth For Yourself

Every feature of The New Inductive Study Bible is designed to help readers gain a more intimate understanding of God and His Word. It's the only Bible available based entirely on the inductive study approach--providing the tools for observing what the text says, interpreting what is means, and applying it to life!

This exciting new edition contains many special and revised
Leather Bound, 2278 pages
Published July 1st 2000 by Harvest House Publishers (first published July 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The New Inductive Study Bible NASB, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Inductive Study Bible NASB

Start your review of The New Inductive Study Bible NASB: Discovering the Truth For Yourself
SusanwithaGoodBook
This is my favorite Bible because it has wide margins for notes and lots of blanks to fill in as you study. It also doesn't have a lot of man's commentary, so the Word can speak for Himself. I love it!
Dina (ReviewTime)
Description
The New Inductive Study Bible is designed to help you gain a more intimate understanding of God and His Word. It's the only Bible available based entirely on the inductive study approach- giving you the tools for observing what Scripture says, interpreting what it means, and applying what you learn into your life.

About the Binding & Cover
This edition is made from high quality Genuine leather, with a Smythe sewn binding. The cover has a rich leathery feel, rich color and well defined g
Lillie
I usually read a different version of the Bible through each year. However, the last couple of years I have not done so during my husband's final illness and death. I have been reading the New American Standard Bible, the version of this Bible.

I have never written in my Bibles, and I've taken a couple of Kay Arthur Bible studies. I have always made my notes and markups in the class workbook rather than in the Bible. However, I realized it would be much more helpful to have all the markings in on
Ebookwormy1
I have had this Bible for several years. I think I started using around 1999. My goal is to read it every day, but sometimes i miss it. I love reading and re-reading it. I especially love studying it.

I like this version because the study hints, charts to fill in, graphs, maps, illustrations, timelines and historical information in the back all help me to better understand the text. There is even an essay on understanding Greek (and I think a Hebrew on too), but that's a bit beyond me.

I'm using
Sep 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible
2013: one year chronological reading plan
Jeff Bobin
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bibles
Still the best translation for reading close to the original languages while easy to read in English.
Roberta Brown
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely the Bible to own for those who are serious about going deeper into the Word of God. There is an explanation of how to do inductive Bible study, followed by a Comparative Timetable of History.
Every book is preceded by a short summary, followed by Things to Do and General Instructions. At the end of each book there is an At A Glance chart where you can record Chapter Themes, segment divisions, the book's author, date written, purpose the book was written, and key words.
At the
Sheba
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will I go to Hell for giving the Bible a 4? :P NASB is my favorite translation, and I like this particular translation for its numerous extras: concordance, a list showing where the Gospels overlap, instruction in how to read Scripture, etc. I think it's a good Bible for adults who want to dig deep into Scripture and enhance their study. I do not think it is a good Bible -- or translation for that matter -- for daily reading unless you like heavy, word-for-word Scripture.
Bill
I really enjoy the NASB translation. It is the version I used when I was taught to study the Bible, so I guess I am biased in this area. This particular Bible is great for those who are overwhelmed about where or how to start studying the Bible. If you have no one to sit down and teach you how to study the Bible then I highly recommend this Bible. It contains a lot of assistance with charts and questions about each book.
Mary Reynolds
I have the NASB version and it is great. There is plenty of room in the margins for taking notes and helpful maps, charts, and illustrations are throughout the book. Each chapter also has an introductory section and Bible study tips.
Carol
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great version to study the Bible with. It includes places to write key words, your own chapter headings, themes, date written, purpose of book etc plus filled with timelines. I wouldn’t recommend following all the markings though as it would mess up the actual text.
Brandon Hamilton
Draw your own conclusions
Tim Gillen
Interesting method of focusing differently in approach to study.
Kristin
May 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
I absolutely LOVE this Bible! I wore out the original leather cover and so I had it re-bound. The margins are very wide for taking notes and the print is large - so that you can mark key words.

The chapters have a blank line so that you can write your own title. At the end of each book, there is a chart so that you can transfer the chapter-titles into it. It also gives you suggestions for key words to look for in that book.

Kay Arthur's ministry designed this Bible. Unfortunately, they no longer
Kim
Oct 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this Bible!! Highly recommend. No commentary so you are forced to think for yourself. Allows you to search out chapter themes. It has a built in study that helps you to understand the chapter that you're reading. I'm currently looking at the ESB (English Standard Bible) but this one is definitely a keeper!
Sharon Eudy Neufeld
Mar 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: jennifer Eckel
The most easy to read, easy to notate, best addenda Bible I have ever seen. Illustrations, maps, a harmony, historical vs Biblical charts. I am consuming it with relish!!!

Currently in Genesis, reading about Joseph, I am struck by Joseph's love and forgiveness for his family. If Joseph could forgive his brothers for selling him into slavery, why can't I forgive any wrong ever done to me?
Carolyn
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome resources within - maps, history of ancient times in the Spiritual Life of Israel with a comparative timetable of history, Bible study helps, how to mark your bible, yet it lets you study the bible from the inside out… not from what others say that the Bible says, but from the actual context of the Bible says.
Ally Charest
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an amazing inductive study Bible! This has really helped me dive deeper into God's Word. This is a great study Bible for anyone that enjoys a more active method of studying God's Word. With the help of the Holy Spirit and this method of studying God's Word, I have a better understanding of passages I found challenging before. I'm very grateful to be blessed with this study Bible.
Cyndi
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
You can let other people tell you what it says or you can read it for yourself - this is my favorite version because it is the most literal translation into English. Word for Word instead of idea for idea to that we are not reading the perception of others as much as we are listening to the author. Let the author speak for Himself.
Bethany
Jan 05, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
currently reading a bunch of different areas--Proverbs specifically according to the calendar day (1 Proverb per day for the entire month); participating in the Spiritual Fruits Precepts Study; biblical principles behind personal & business finance ...more
Barbara Blount
Sep 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is EVERYTHING to learn from this book! I love the wide-margins for note taking. The New Inductive Study Bible is the NASB Translation. One can rest assured that it is the closest translation of the original Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek of the ancient scriptures.
Angela
Mar 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have learned that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God and that through Him I am an heir of God Himself, He is is my heavenly Father and I am His child. Personally I think I get the better end of the deal.
Shannon
Mar 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been using this Bible since 1994--it's the one that has all my notes in it. I love the extra-wide margins.

faithful
Jul 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual-growth
The Best of the Best. No book like this has been written by men! The Bible is living and active ... and this particular version is the one I study by and keep notes in.
Tammy Smith
Sep 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, Love, Love this bible. Use it along with Kay's studies and you will learn so much you had overlooked before.
Vee
Mar 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THIS BIBLE! I love highlighting, marking, and writing notes. This is the most perfect tool for me.
Karess
May 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bibles, wishlist
Another Bible on my wish list! :)
Lori Beach
Jul 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: always-reading
This is my favorite bible. The Inductive study approach is really fabulous in helping you retain and dig deep. Very difficult to study from a new bible without my notes but this is working.
Ginnie
Sep 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Finished reading it all the way through this year. Reading it again next year.
Doug Sullivan
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent Bible with charts for your own completion as you understand the Bible book by book. Good margins for notes. I keep it front and center on my desk as my main note-taking Bible.

• How to Study Your Bible for Kids
  • The McDougall Quick and Easy Cookbook
  • Differentiated Classroom: Responding to the Need of All Learners
  • Eat to Live Cookbook: 200 Delicious Nutrient-Rich Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Reversing Disease, and Lifelong Health
  • Complete Bible on Audio MP3 CDs: English Standard Version
  • Bible Journaling and Creative Worship: A Guide and Workbook for Creative Lettering and Design in Your Bible, Prayer Journal and Bible Study Journal
  • The Happy Herbivore Cookbook: Over 175 Delicious Fat-Free and Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
  • The Whole30 Cookbook: 150 Delicious and Totally Compliant Recipes to Help You Succeed with the Whole30 and Beyond
  • Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words: With Topical Index
  • Lord, I Want to Know You: A Devotional Study on the Names of God
  • Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever (The Killing of Historical Figures)
  • The Holy Spirit
  • Judgment Of The Nephilim
  • Aloha, Magnum: Larry Manetti's Magnum, P.I. Memories
  • Hell: Separate Truth from Fiction and Get Your Toughest Questions Answered
  • Secrets from Beyond The Grave A Biblical Guide to the Mystery of Heaven, Hell and Eternity
  • Killing the Deep State: The Fight to Save President Trump
  • The Pure Word
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.

News & Interviews