Start by marking “Бетмен: Убивчий жарт” as Want to Read:
Бетмен: Убивчий жарт

Бетмен: Убивчий жарт

(Batman: One-Shots)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  154,325 ratings  ·  4,665 reviews
«Убивчий жарт» — один із найкращих творів про Джокера в історії жанру і одна із найкращих робіт Алана Мура за всю його зіркову кар’єру. Навіть якщо ви вже читали це — візьміть і перечитайте. Задоволення гарантовано!»
Published May 2017 by Рідна Мова (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Бетмен, please sign up.
Shadowjac 16-17+ very bleak, dark and disturbing significant time is given to torturing someone, plus the Joker shoots someone and stripped her naked and takes…more16-17+ very bleak, dark and disturbing significant time is given to torturing someone, plus the Joker shoots someone and stripped her naked and takes photos of her (it's unknown if he did anything else to her naked body.)
Don't know where all the 15+ recommendations came from, this comic is much, much more inappropriate then people are saying.(less)

·  154,325 ratings  ·  4,665 reviews

Start your review of Бетмен: Убивчий жарт
Jayson
(A) 85% | Extraordinary
Notes: A discomforting, audacious book that compels re-readings and focused, lingering looks at specific pages and panels.
Sean Barrs the Bookdragon

Now this was good, and I mean good. It’s such a simple idea, but so real and powerful. I mean one bad day is all it takes. One push, one snap, one descent into chaos and it’s over. Once you’ve crossed that threshold then things will never be the same again. And the Joker, being the sly and brilliant villain that he is, wants to share the experience with the world.
Anne
Jan 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All it takes is one bad day.

description

This is one of the most iconic comics in the Batman/Joker mythos and arguably has a place as one of the most iconic comics out there period. I think most people will agree that Bolland's visuals are just unbelievable. The expressions on the faces, the body language, even the colors are as close to perfect as you can get.

description

And Moore is at the top of his game here. Wow. Just...wow!
The ripple effects of what happened here not only created Oracle, but inspired a ton of
Erin
Mar 14, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Erin by: Zak
Alejandro
A truly masterpiece of the comic books!

This is a prestige format stand-alone story.

Creative Team:

Writer: Alan Moore

Illustrator: Brian Bolland

Colorist: John Higgins

HAVE COURAGE

Nothing’s going to be the same… …not ever again.

A writer should have balls, and I don’t mean the organic meat sacs, since a female writer is the same entitled to have balls. But if you aren’t confortable with the “male metaphor”, I am confident that you already got that I am talking about writing with courage.

A writer
Lyn
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I asked a GR friend: Marvel or DC?

Her response made me think. She said, “Marvel over all. But DC has the better villains.”

Whu - ?

Well.

Yeah, I’ll be damned, I think she’s right.

Looking at all of the Marvel villains, I think maybe only Red Skull or Bullseye come close to matching the lunatic force of DC’s lineup. Magneto and Doctor Doom are powerful and bad, but also have some incongruous redeeming qualities. Lex Luthor, Deathstroke, Brainiac, Bane, Harley Quinn and all the Batman bad guys
Jon Nakapalau
The best Batman/Joker story ever! Alan Moore asks the question no one else ever wanted to ask: how much of who the Joker is can be attributed to Batman? How much of who Batman is can be attributed to the Joker? 'Primordial Unity' and the 'Tragic Birth' of both the Joker and Batman has never been explored more deeply - I think Nietzsche would have liked this story.
Jeff
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
Should some origin stories be better left untold?

Comic publishers will embellish the backstory of character more than necessary or drag it out and milk it, or they’ll retcon the character one too many times until the reader doesn’t know which way is up. If there’s a month, a week, a day, a couple of minutes left undocumented in a character’s background, it’ll be fodder for a future story.

Does the Joker need an origin story?

Some basic facts are presented here: He was once “normal”. He became a
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

OMG! THIS BOOK WAS AWESOME! THE STORY LINE! THE GRAPHICS ARE FREAKING AMAZING!

I'm sure everyone and their cousin has already read this book, but I haven't so here we go. This is about how the joker turned nutsy cuckoo! He had a good job but left it thinking he could be a stand up comedian and support his wife and unborn baby. Well.... that didn't happen, he apparently wasn't funny --->who knew?

Then he goes and tries to get some crime job with some idiots
Fabian
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Killing Joke does much more for the iconic symbolism & stylistic edge of the Batman mythology than the serious-as-a-heart attack (overrated) Christopher Nolan films. But I am admittedly really in no position to analyze,* I leave this to the millions and lkegions of fans. The afterward by maestro illustrator**- his representation the most demonic and therefore probably my favorite interpretation of the Joker--is correct when he says that Alan Moore has written better stuff. (Watchmen, ...more
Ronyell
5.5 stars!!!

OH…MY…GOD…

description

I thought I knew everything there was to know about the Joker, one of Batman’s greatest foes. But after reading “Batman: The Killing Joke” and how the Joker was portrayed in this book, the Joker has officially become one of the most VILE, TWISTED, DARK and most DISTURBING villain I have ever come face to face with…AND I LOVED IT! Being brilliantly written by Alan Moore and being masterfully illustrated by Brian Bolland, “Batman: The Killing Joke” has remained to be one
Michael Finocchiaro
One of the classic and most brutal Joker vs Batman graphic novels, The Killing Joke is a Batman classic and should be considered one of the essential canonical books in the genre. The Joker is as sinister and terrifying as ever and Batman is pushed to his limits and beyond. A fantastic fast-moving and beautifully drawn epic!
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
An accurate depiction of what these 45 minutes felt like:

description

Nolan's movies are the reason I got hooked into the world of Batman. Not only did they become some of my favourite films of all time, but they also gave me one of my favourite villains of all time: The Joker.

And I figured it was about damn time I took a leap into where it all actually began– the comics.

There's no doubt that this green-haired madman is universally hailed as perhaps the best antagonist to have ever been created, and one can
Just finished rereading this. It’s still such a cool comic!

*Batman voice* "WHERE IS HE?"

I can see why this is so popular. The story is great and the illustrations are phenomenal. I love the Joker, he's my favourite batman villain (and possibly my all-time favourite comic/superhero villain too). He is just completely insane and I love it.

I love getting backstories so I loved getting to see an adaptation of why the Joker was the way he was. It was really well done. However, after reading this I
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
2.5 stars rounded up.
This book was much better than "The Watchmen" to me. I may just not be a fan of Alan Moore's writing.
I mean it has this guy!

and I still didn't fan-girl over it.

It was an okay book for me though. You get the origins of the Joker..who I think is one of the best villains ever.

It's a dark one though for those of you who don't like dark. Barbara Gordan (aka-Batgirl) gets shot by the joker and he doesn't stop there. He pulls out full assholeness for this one.

The artwork is
Ahmed  Ejaz
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, graphic-books
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy."--Joker
Wow! It's good! I liked this comic. I admit I was afraid because I thought it was published in 1988 and the work of graphics wouldn't be good. But at the same time I wanted to know the origin of Joker. In spite of its release date, the graphics were quite good. I enjoyed reading it. The Joker in this one was portrayed better than that in The Man Who Laughs.
The origin of Joker is heart breaking and pretty typical for
Scarlet Cameo
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rc-15
English review at the bottom

¿Que puedo decir de esta historia que no se haya dicho ya? ¿Qué es un obra maestra? Lo es, el dialogo es increíble, la deconstrucción del Joker también, pocas historias nos han mostrado tantas capas de este personaje ¿Porqué? Fácil, tenemos su parte más vulnerable, una que pocas veces se había explotado, también tenemos al clásico Joker,al que, como diría Alfred, "Quiere ver arder al mundo"...pero hay otra capa, la que poco se atreven a mostrar y es ¿Porque Batman? (y
Dan Schwent
Jul 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cool-covers, comics
I'm probably risking a lynching from the fanboy mob but I liked this a whole lot more than the other well-regarded bat-book, The Dark Knight Returns. It nicely illustrates the Batman/Joker dynamic as well as highlights their similarities. Joker seemed like a psychopath rather than the buffoon he was normally portrayed as at the time. Shooting *spoiler* in the spine and taking pictures in order to try to break *spoiler*. Awesome. My favorite part was the Joker and Batman sharing a laugh while ...more
Ahmad Sharabiani
Batman: The Killing Joke (Batman), Alan Moore, Brian Bolland (Illustrator), Tim Sale (Introduction)
Batman: The Killing Joke is a 1988 Comic graphic novel featuring the characters Batman and the Joker written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Brian Bolland. The Killing Joke provides an origin story for the supervillain the Joker, loosely adapted from the 1951 story arc "The Man Behind the Red Hood!".
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: سال 2005 میلادی
Heidi The Reader
I've decided to explore the world of superhero comics. First on my list, Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore.

The story opens on a dark and stormy night. We're heading into Arkham Asylum with Batman. After passing a few famous inmates, we're outside inmate #0801, Name Unknown's cell.

A shadowy figure is playing solitaire within the barred room. It's The Joker.

By far, one of the creepiest villains of the Batman pantheon.

"So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought,
F
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know nothing about Batman (apart from seeing the Christian Bale films)
I know nothing about Marvell or comic books or superheros in general but i loved this comic!

My first ever graphic read.
Sam Quixote
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Batman goes to Arkham Asylum on a fool's errand - to try and talk sense to the Clown Prince of Crime, the Joker. But Joker's not there! He's escaped and plans on destroying the Gordon family. Will the Dark Knight save them? Or will Joker have the last laugh...

First off, this is an acknowledged classic and I utterly loved it when I read it several years ago. Re-reading it now, I can say this book most definitely holds up, this is a classic Batman book for a reason. What I forgot was how slim a
Lenny
Aug 22, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Gabrielle
Updated review, with a few thoughts about the “Joker” movie at the end.

---

With the much-hyped upcoming “Joker” movie coming soon – and my various feeds being bombarded with tantalizing trailers, reviews and opinion pieces (I found this article especially interesting: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...), I felt an itch to revisit the infamous origin-story graphic novel “The Killing Joke”. The Joker has always been my favorite thing about Batman comics: the Bat himself bores me silly, but
Mario
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there's always madness. Madness is the emergency exit.

Since the animated movie is coming out soon, I decided to finally read this graphic novel. And I'm so glad I did. Joker has always been my favorite batman villain and it was nice to finally get some backstory on his character. And despite the great plot, my favorite thing about this graphic
Chad
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I've probably re-read this a half dozen times over the years. It's one of the first "mature" takes on the Batman and Joker dynamic and how they are mirror images of one another. This is one of those iconic comic books that every fan of the medium should read. Alan Moore's Joker is creepy as hell with an evil menace lurking behind his sense of humor that chills you to the bone. Batman is written as a stodgy jerk who has trouble towing the line without going too far. Joker is definitely the star ...more
Ayman Gomaa
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
We must ask ourselves why we love the joker <3 !!!!
why is he our favorite Villain <3 !!!
The killing joke and indeed it was , this comic focused a lot about the joker and his philosophy and his twisted mind , but this was my first time to really get to know the real story about the joker and how he become the joker and i really liked it :D .

i see now why a lot of comics fan rate this as one of the favorites ever , it was brilliant and Alan Moore writing makes it the best <3

..... After
Jaya
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy.
Thats's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day."

Absolutely brilliant

Will M.
Jul 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
While Joker is one of my favorite villains of all time, this graphic novel didn't amaze me. It isn't the perfect backstory that I was expecting. I read this because the animated movie is about to be released soon and I wanted to read the graphic novel first. I'm hoping that the animated movie would be a lot better than this. It might just be coincidental though and my mood could've affected my enjoyment. I might be doing a reread of this in the near future and hopefully it would have a different ...more
Jeannette Nikolova
Also available on the WondrousBooks blog.

I will go in two directions with this review:

I. The Killing Joke on its own.
II. The Killing Jokeas a Batman book.

I.

For me, the most spectacular thing about The Killing Joke was the art. It's mesmerizing and beautiful, despite how long a time has passed since the book was created. The illustrations greatly support the entire story, they are spooky, disturbing and masterful. I especially liked the close ups of the Joker, which, for some reason, made him
This is not my favorite batman comic 4 30 Nov 19, 2018 07:10PM

• Batman & Robin, Vol. 1: Batman Reborn
  • Batman: Knightfall, Part One: Broken Bat
  • Batman, Volume 3: Death of the Family
  • Kingdom Come
  • Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?
Alan Moore is an English writer most famous for his influential work in comics, including the acclaimed graphic novels Watchmen, V for Vendetta and From Hell. He has also written a novel, Voice of the Fire, and performs "workings" (one-off performance art/spoken word pieces) with The Moon and Serpent Grand Egyptian Theatre of Marvels, some of which have been released on CD.

As a comics writer,

Batman: One-Shots (1 - 10 of 162 books)
  • Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk
  • Batman: Bride of the Demon
  • Batman: Digital Justice
  • Batman: Full Circle
  • Batman: Holy Terror
“All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.” 520 likes
“MEMORY'S SO TREACHEROUS. ONE MOMENT YOU'RE LOST IN A CARNIVAL OF DELIGHTS, WITH POIGNANT CHILDHOOD AROMAS , THE FLASHING NEON OF PUBERTY, ALL THAT SENTIMENTAL CANDY-FLOSS ...

THE NEXT , IT LEADS YOU SOMEWHERE YOU DON'T WANT TO GO...

...SOMEWHERE DARK AND COLD, FILLED WITH THE DAMP, AMBIGUOUS SHAPES OF THINKS YOU'D HOPED WERE FORGOTTEN.

MEMORIES CAN BE VILE, REPULSIVE LITTLE BRUTES. LIKE CHILDREN, I SUPPOSE. HAHA.

BUT CAN WE LIVE WITHOUT THEM? MEMORIES ARE WHAT OUR REASON IS BASED UPON. IF WE CAN'T FACE THEM, WE DENY REASON ITSELF!

ALGHOUGH, WHY NOT? WE AREN'T CONTRACTUALLY TIED DOWN TO RATIONALITY!

THERE IS NO SANITY CLAUSE!

SO WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF LOCKED ONTO AN UNPLEASANT TRAIN OF THOUGHT, HEADING FOR THE PLACES IN YOUR PAST WHERE THE SCREAMING IS UNBEARABLE, REMEMBER THERE'S ALWAYS MADNESS.

MADNESS IS THE EMERGENCY EXIT...

YOU CAN JUST STEP OUTSIDE, AND CLOSE THE DOOR ON ALL THOSE DREADFUL THINGS THAT HAPPENED. YOU CAN LOCK THEM AWAY...

FOREVER.”