Start by marking “Jenny (Beach Brides #5)” as Want to Read:
Jenny (Beach Brides #5)

Jenny (Beach Brides #5)

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  155 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews
Grab your beach hat and a towel and prepare for a brand new series brought to you by twelve New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors…

Beach Brides! Fun in the summer sun!

Twelve heartwarming, sweet novellas linked by a unifying theme.

You’ll want to read each one!

BEACH BRIDES SERIES (Jenny)

Twelve friends from the online group, Romantic Hearts Book Club, decid
Published June 20th 2017 by Cardinal Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Jenny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jenny

Jessie
I'm Loving It!

I don't know how I hadn't heard about this series, but I am loving it! Meg and Jenny have been my favorites.

While on vacation, Jenny and her friends each throw a bottle into the ocean with a letter for their true love. Jenny's is found by Dare O'Rourke, an army ranger. Neither expect a relationship, but become good friends, until Dare is hurt in action and asks Jenny to come see him.

I loved the clever emails and texts between Jenny and Dare. I was cracking up over the Bigfoot joke
Maree Repa
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dreams Can Come True

Five Amazing Stars

I was so now incredibly thrilled to receive the fifth book of this new series, Beach Brides. Written by one of my all time favourite authors, Melissa McClone. This book focuses on Jenny's hope and dreams for her future life.

Jenny Hanford was now sitting suffering after all this time still with herself. Nothing has ever changed much in my life. I'm still stuck in this tiny town in Washington where I live. I've already read every book that has excited me. She
Carol
Jenny is a member the Romantic Hearts Book
Club. This club is a group of twelve women
who formed an online book club.
They decide to meet in person on a Caribbean
Isle. They dared each other to write a note to
their dream hero which gets put in each one's
own empty wine bottle, corked then thrown
into the sea!!!
Only Jenny doesn't have a wine bottle. She
buys a curio bottle and reluctantly writes a
note.
Jenny is only going to pretend to throw the
bottle instead just let it fall back into her beach
Elizabeth
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jenny (Beach Brides Series-#5)
By: Melissa McClone
Jenny is book five in Beach Brides series. Twelve authors got together and wrote twelve different stories for Beach Brides series. Each one can be read as a stand-a-lone with no problems. Melissa McClone writes sweet contemporary romance. This is the first That I have read by this author, but hopefully it want be my last. She had me hooked right at the start. I love the story and the characters , both were well written and well developed. Twelve o
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I know this is a part of a series of book but this is the first one I've read. It can easily stand alone. Jenny sends off a message in a bottle, Dare finds it. They begin and online friendship exchanging emails and then texts. It was a fun approach to a romance and I enjoyed it a lot. I picked this one up on Kindle Unlimited.
Amy
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jenny is the fifth installment from the Beach Brides series. This time the reader is introduced to Melissa McClone's Jenny and Dare's story. Jenny is a wonderful character and I love how she interacted with Dare. A good, fun, romantic, sweet, and clean read.
5 stars
I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ FOUR & 1/2 - STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by it's Cover < <
Serene, Idyllic. Looks very wholesome and timeless. The synopsis sounds extremely entertaining.

> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Third Person

Witty, Entertaining, Completely Enjoyable!

Jenny writes Thriller novels under the pen name, Jenna. When she and a group of book club friends take a tropical vacation, stuff messages to their soulmates into a bottle and drunkenly cast them out into the
Nicole
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Jenny Hanford goes on a Caribbean vacation with her online book club friends, she has the time of her life! On a silly whim, they each participated in a group dare to send a message in a bottle out to sea in the hopes of finding true love. While a few of the members did find love because of their messages, Jenny fully expected that not to happen to her. Little did she know that more than a year later, her message would bring Dare O’Rourke into her life. And while he definitely wasn’t lookin ...more
Phylis Carpenter
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy fun down to earth romance stories you will love this entire series. Jenny is a writer who works at home and makes her own schedule. She is part of the book club where the 12 women get together on Enchanted Island and writes down what they want their perfect hero to be like. Then they toss the bottle in the ocean and see if it is found.

Thirteen months after Jenny pitches her bottle she finds a message in her email letting her know that someone has found it. He answers each of her att
Evelyn Wark
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jenny's story is a great and worthy addition to the superb Beach Brides Series. I was hooked by the synopsis and the book didn't let me down.
Jenny is a successful author who meets up with her fellow online book club members on Enchated Island in the Caribbean. They have all had a bad experience with love and relationships. They decide as a group to each send 'a message in a bottle' in the hope their true love will find it and get in touch with them.
Dare an army Ranger finds Jenny's bottle thirte
Brandy
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite in the series so far. Just as sweet and charming as the first 4. Maybe a little more. Darragh 'Dare' O'Rourke and Jenny Hansford are my new favorite Beach Brides couple. I liked the fact that Jenny was the older more financially successful of the couple. 31 to Dare's 26. And how Dare dealt with her being more successful financially. I loved their online and texting friendship. I was falling in love with them, right along with them falling in love with each other. I appreciated that c ...more
BP34
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It all began when a group of girls who are members of an online book club decide to meet up in the Caribbean at a resort. They have nothing in common other than they like to read romance novels and have had broken hearts. On a whim, Jenny throws a bottle with a message into the ocean and is amazed when someone contacts her months later. Dare, the soldier who found her bottle is later injured and asks for her. She hesitates but finally goes to visit him. Both have a lot of baggage from t he past ...more
Denise Stout
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tossing a bottle into the ocean on a girls getaway leads to a pen pal-like relationship between Jenny and Dare. Emailing and texting brings them close, but neither wants to admit feelings to a virtual stranger. When Dare's chopper goes down and he asks for Jenny while in the military hospital, she doesn't hesitate in rushing to his side. As he recovers, they cannot deny their feelings, but a misunderstanding has the chance of tearing this new couple apart. They will have to overcome a little, pl ...more
Noreen
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Jenny's story in the Beach Bride Series. Jenny is a member of an online book club that decided to get together for a vacation in the Caribbean. They all decide to put a message in a bottle and throw it out to sea. Several of her book club friends have already fallen in love. Jenny is a famous author who receives an email from the person who finds the bottle. The build a BFF relationship over email and texting. I loved everything about this book. It grabbed me right from the beginning. I ...more
Tanya Brown
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another heart warming story in the BEACH BRIDES series! Dare finds Jenny after finding her bottle with a message. Neither one really wants a relationship and become BFF's. They start out slow, not knowing what each other does for a living or the other's age and come to look forward to each other's texts. A tragedy happens and Jenny flies to see Dare. They realized they are more involved with each other than they wanted to admit but each have their own personal baggage that need to come out along ...more
Bev Sten
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
13 months after putting her not in a bottle and throwing it into the ocean from Enchanted Island where she met her online book club members in person, Jenny receives an email saying someone had found it. Darragh O'Rourke AKA Dare, an Army Ranger found it on Maui on his leave. He's not looking for a soul mate. Back and forth Emails and long text messages have them feeling like they've known each other forever. Bff's. or BFF's Bottle Friends Forever. Jenny is a famous author who writes under a pen ...more
Janice Sisemore
Shelves: 2017-books
Jenny

This is the fifth book in the Beach Brides series, I am definitely enjoying the series. This is the first book by Melissa McClone that I have read and love her writing. This series is a great way to discover new authors.

Jenny's bottle is found by a solider, they start emailing and then texting as friends, he gets hurt and his mother calls her to come be with him. This is very good story, always enjoy a book involving American soldiers and how they sacrifice for us.
Becky Macy
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Protecting one’s heart, doesn’t always work the way you think it will
Jenny’s had some major hurts in her past, so writes an “impossible mission” list for the person who finds her message in a bottle. She doesn’t expect much from it, but, who knows? The author of this book has fun with Jenny’s whole experience, from the moment she receives the unexpected response. It is a wonderful story! I highly recommend reading it!
Disclaimer: I received an advance copy of the book, and have given my review of
Paula
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites in this series. Jenny and Dare are absolutely adorable. Loved the emails, texts, phone calls relationship. Strangers to friends to maybe more!!!!! I did get upset with Dare, thought he overreacted, but it was worked out quickly and so cute. Highly recommend.
Tiffany
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author as well as the first book I've read in this series. I don't feel that either of these things kept me from understanding or enjoying this book. I loved how Jenny and Dare got to know each other first as pen pals. It was nice to see the couple not rush into anything. I am interested in checking out the other stories in the series.
*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. This is my honest review.*
Angala Fox
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. Definitely a sweet book. Worth a read.
Patti
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
A beautifully written, tender-hearted and romantic story. I love how Jenny and Dare begin and build a relationship before they even meet. They have an easy going rapport with witty banter that is fun and entertaining. Jenny and Dare are such a sweet couple that you want all their doubts and insecurities to vanish before they surface.

A absolute must read. It is an amazing story and makes you believe in love that could be anywhere at anytime, so don't ever give up.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance
Tina Hairston
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the premise of this series! Anonymous book club friends finally meet and have a girls' getaway, come up with a crazy plan to find (or not find) their true loves by sending out a message in a bottle. Random? Sure. Crazy? Most definitely but is signing up on a dating service any less dicey? Nope.

It's very cool that our heroine Jenny is a novelist and a very independent woman. She'd like a special man in her life but doesn't "need" one and really doesn't expect her bottle to find anyone much
Megan
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute story, one with humor, honesty, and more than a little Sasquatch.

Jenny is a woman who has insecurities because of her past and needs someone to see her for herself and not her pseudonym. She's realistic, devoted, scatter-brained when it comes to organization and feeding herself, funny, charming, and successful. A good woman like her needs a good partner. She thinks she has one in her sister-in-law, but learns that no one can compare with her pen-pal.

Dare is an awesome pen-
Cheryl Steckling
Jenny (Beach Brides Series #5) by Melissa McClone
The Romantic Hearts Book Club had 12 members and they met on line but decided they needed to meet in person. They chose Enchanted Island in the Caribbean.
They were in different stages and of different ages in their lives but they all had been let down by love and were totally romantics. They each wrote a note on their last night on the island and put it into a bottle and cast it out to sea! To hopefully find a dream hero!
This one is about Jenny H
Dorothy Roller
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me and I have to say I love her writing style and her characters that are well developed. This is a short quick read, 12 chapters and it still entails everything you would want in a great romance.
Jenny is a sweet funny writer of suspense. She writes with a pseudonym.
She gets an email thirteen months after she tossed her message in a bottle in the ocean. Her message was hysterical and from someone who is fun and witty. Dare, an army ranger found the bottle in the Florida
Shash
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jenny is part of the Beach Brides series. The series follows twelve friends who met in the online Romantic Hearts book club. They plan a Caribbean vacation to meet in person. Being true romantics, while there, they each write a note to their dream hero, put it in a bottle and toss it into the sea. Each book in the series tells the story of a found bottle.

When Dare finds Jenny’s bottle, neither is looking for romance. So, their correspondence begins as friends. I loved watching their relationship
Jaime Fertal
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jenny is a Single woman who has lived through loosing those most important to her in her world so she isnt very open with letting love into her life. She lives with her Sister-in-law and that is all the family she has left but they are there for each other whenever. Jenny writes Thrillers for a living and she is a known name. Dare a Man in the Military but doesnt let love in and when he finds a Bottle with a message in it he isnt looking for love or a soul mate but then starts to email and text ...more
Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVeryone
Recommended to Nikita by: melissa mcclone

Beach Brides series has become my favourite series and I have absolutely loved all the books read in this series so far. On a dare twelve friends throw messages to their dream heroes in bottles out in the sea and each story brings us the romance of one out of the twelve friends.

This book is Jenny's story and what a lovely story it is! Jenny Hanford's message is found by Dare, a soldier and amidst carefree emails and texts their romance blossoms.

I love Melissa McClone's witty and engaging narrati
Cheryl
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Beach Brides book yet! From the very beginning, Jenny and Dare grabbed my interest and didn't let go. Jenny's sense of humor shone through right off the bat with both her note in the bottle and her email address! I love that she's a writer of thrillers/action books...quite a departure from the genre most female book characters write (not that there's anything wrong with heroines who write romance!!)
Dare isn't looking for romance, just a connection to the world back home, and that's j
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Page count 2 14 Jun 15, 2017 06:44AM
I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband, two daughters, son, dog and too many cats! I write "sweeter" contemporary romance novels for Harlequin and Tule Publishing.
More about Melissa McClone

Beach Brides (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Meg (Beach Brides #1)
  • Tara (Beach Brides #2)
  • Nina (Beach Brides #3)
  • Clair (Beach Brides #4)
  • Lisa (Beach Bride #6)
  • Hope (Beach Brides #7)
  • Kim (Beach Brides #8)
  • Rose (Beach Brides #9)
  • Lily (Beach Brides Book 10)
  • Faith (Beach Brides #11)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be