Start by marking “Revolt (Resistance, #4)” as Want to Read:

Revolt

(Resistance #4)

FINALIST IN THE 2018 WISHING SHELF INDEPENDENT BOOK AWARDS

The Explosive Conclusion to the Award-Winning Resistance Series

To Deny Freedom is to Deny the Human Spirit.

Fugitive Resistance fighter Tommy Bailey has come out of hiding to help rescue Careen Catecher from the clutches of the Office of Civilian Safety and Defense, where she’s been held and interrogated for inform
Published July 18th 2017 by DysCovered Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Revolt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revolt

Catherine ♡
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Thank you to the author for providing a free e-copy in exchange for an honest review!*

Actual Rating: 3.75

I had actually read the previous books in this series an entire year ago, but with Revolt, I gradually fell back into the story and the world that Tracy Lawson created. In the dramatic finale to the Resistance series, Careen is still dealing with the aftermath of what she had to deal with while held hostage at the Office of Civilian Safety and Defense. The OCSD is about to launch the Cerbere
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

The final book starts off where book three left off. I really enjoy the fact that she has continuity in her books. I could not find any plot holes which is amazing.

This whole series kinda scared me. You never know what can happen in the world. The action, tension, and drama was spot on. There weren’t any lagging parts. Tracy Lawson’s story kept me glued to the story. I really enjoyed reading this series. It gave me a chance to escape to another world. I really look forward to rea
Billy Buttons
Star Rating: ****

CATCHY QUOTE
‘A show-stopping ending to a fast-paced set of YA thrillers.’ The Wishing Shelf

REVIEW
I have enjoyed all four of the books in this set of YA thrillers. For me, the best was the first: Counteract. This book felt the most ‘original’ to me. But, the author did a wonderful job keeping the story going, packing it full of drama, wars and a sprinkling of romance.
Now to the characters. Oddly, for a bo
Gmr
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Begun and done in a single reading session... and with good reason!

We picked up just where the last book left off (word to the wise... not a series you can side step into... start with book 1!), allowing readers to easily catch back up with the status of their favorite and not so favorite characters. Tommy and Careen are back, but not exactly as themselves, considering all that went down at the end of book three though, I'm not really surprised. Her journey back to herself is gonna be tough, bu
Caru
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's rare for me to go through a series without me losing interest and giving up 25% or halfway through, but this series is a whole different story. 💗

With these books, we have a very scarily realistic storyline where the government is corrupt and slowly stripping away everyone's rights, trying to pass it off as something else.

These are all fast reads with simple yet beautiful writing. These are books filled with action that will keep you turning the pages with an order of romance on the side.
Patrick Hodges
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After four books (and one prequel novella), I was hoping that the Resistance series would end the way it should: with the storylines being wrapped up, one or two more twists, and our teenage heroes being given the closure they've sought since the beginning. I was not disappointed.

This series has been a great ride. Tommy and Careen feel like old friends at this point, and I know I will miss them as I move on to other reading projects. Like so many great YA characters who survive their ordeals, I
Kat
*** I voluntarily reviewed this book, I gained no monetary incentives nor was I specifically requested to review the book, these are my honest ramblings and I hope you enjoy reading them - kat***

This is the conclusion to the story of Careen, Tommy and the rest of the resistance who are fighting the OCSD
They are trying to stop the Cerberean Link, The tracker that Atari the Tech head designed, he is working for both the Resistance team AND the OCSD! OR does he have his own agenda???? You will hav
Leila
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t want to start reading because I didn’t want this to be the end.

There were a lot of characters, some confusion, and lots of going ons.

Nothing went the way I thought it would which left many surprises.

The ending wasn’t what I would consider a “fairy tale ending” and feels like a door or two has remained open.

Overall, I really enjoyed this series and if dystopian is a genre that you enjoy; you will enjoy this series!
Michelle
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for YA Books Central

A thrilling finale to a great series.

The story:
It picks up right after the events of the third book. Careen is a mess, suffering from PTSD after what she'd been through. But she has Tommy to bring her back. The resistance needs her. The country needs her. The OCSD is working furiously to activate the link that would put minor's under their control, allowing them to be tracked. It could destroy everything. But the resistance has a plan.
What I loved:
Once again, the
Irisheyes964
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great conclusion to the series! We finally discover who has truly been working to improve the lives of everyone in the country, not simply destroy it. To say some of the revelations are surprising are an understatement! It's a must read!
Staci
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So many unexpected turns!

Each seeming to lead to a logical conclusion. With so much action happening it was easy to assume what would happen. Totally surprised but happy with the finale.
Judi Easley

Revolt

269 pages, book 3, Oct 2018, Teen/YA

Resist

240 pages, book 4 (final), Oct 2018, Teen/YA

Kindle, Paperback, Audiobook (except the prequel, which is only in Kindle format)

Provided, Author

Sci-fi Dystopian YA

✭✭✭✭⭑

The covers are interesting and present an interesting series. Initially, when looking at them, they don’t appear to be a t
Vishaka Rajan
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author for giving me an audiobook copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own and have not been solicited.

What I love about this series is that it is so easy to catch up on events and the plot. The author always creates segues that remind the reader of what happened in the previous books, which really helps make connections stick. It's not something one sees all the time in a series, but it is definitely appreciated!

I didn't love this book as muc
Grant Leishman
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Reviewed For Readers' Favorite by Grant Leishman

Beware, Big Brother is watching and in Tracy Lawson’s Revolt, Big Brother is personified by Madalyn Davies, Director of the OCSD, the Government organisation set up to control terrorism within America. But, as the saying goes, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Davies has used her position to further her own personal power goals and the big project – to ultimately link all citizens of the United States to the OCSD network is pr
Devon
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been reading this series basically since it first came out, and honestly I really still love the characters and all of their weird interactions.
As the conclusion to the series, Revolt is not one of those books that gives you a neatly tied bow on a package and tells you it's over. It has twists, turns, and you're going to be in for yet another adventure with the Resistance crew.

This is the ending I hoped for and honestly didn't know if we as the readers would get it. It has a lot of emotion
Alex Pearson
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Atari doesn't have a filter and neither do I...about how much I love this book that is. Revolt is a book that will keep you on the edge of your seat and you will read the last page over and over so you don't have to say goodbye. Characters struggle to remember who they are and what they are fighting for. They go back to their roots even if the roots could entrap them. We find out more about their motives and grieve with them as they come to realizations and struggle with their losses. Our hearts ...more
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth C
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved everything about The Resistance series, and Revolt was the perfect ending. Even though I read the series in a little over a week, I feel as if I've spent much longer with the characters because they're so realistic and relatable. Although I'm outside of the target young adult audience, I loved every minute of this nonstop adventure. Thank you, Tracy Lawson, for creating a brilliant world filled with fascinating characters. It was my pleasure to get lost among them.
Read InAGarden
Oct 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
needs more editing
denise pepprell
Sep 29, 2017
Tracy
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amalie Jahn
Jun 04, 2017
Emma Gibbs
Dec 07, 2017

Resistance (4 books)
  • Counteract (Resistance #1)
  • Resist (Resistance #2)