Start by marking “Set You Free: Love, Lies, and the Secrets that Bind” as Want to Read:
Set You Free: Love, Lies, and the Secrets that Bind

Set You Free: Love, Lies, and the Secrets that Bind

Deena is running from a dangerous past. When she finds herself in a small fishing village tucked away on the banks of the Chesapeake Bay, she thinks she is finally safe. While there, she discovers a journal that weaves a story of secrets, passion, and unrequited love. In its pages, she discovers the answers to her struggle with the shadows of her own past. In the end, ...more
Published May 17th 2017 by Bay Rivers Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Set You Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Set You Free

Start your review of Set You Free: Love, Lies, and the Secrets that Bind
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
This read is thrilling and full of suspense, keeping you tied to the pages, right through the book. The author did a fantastic job of keeping the story suspenseful, right through to the end, without overdoing anything. It was a great storyline as well.

I thought the detail, in the story, was fantastic. The author truly took his time to create a world and story with brilliant levels of background and surroundings, which made it feel very real and relatable. I also liked the level of detail put in
Beverly Taylor
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Peggy
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A well written thought out plot that captivates you and then draws you further in with the characters... can be a touchy topic within the pages but will have you yet turning them as fast as you finish the last. You will find yourself ignoring the world around as you set on edge to keep up with one thing after another. A book you diffidently want to read!
Stephanie H.
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t believe that Set You Free by Elmer Seward got me to like a small town story. Other than Sweet Home Alabama, I usually brush off that sort of story (doesn’t help that I felt trapped in the small town I grew up in). Still, Seward’s writing and storytelling skills actually got me to like this sort of story, and that’s the primary reason I think this book deserves 5 out of 5 stars.

Perhaps the biggest appeal for me in this story is the characters. In particular, I fell in love with the
E.
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it

“Set You Free: Love, Lies, and the Secrets that Bind” by Elmer Seward is a suspense story with romantic elements that follows a mysterious woman named Deena who is fleeing in a terrible storm while accompanied by her young daughter. A chance encounter with a stranger named Blake changes her life as she gets integrated into the network of folks who inhabit the small town of Opechancano. Each person she meets has a challenge that they have fought to overcome, but they all are
Paul
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Set You Free: Love, Lies and The Secrets That Bind, Elmer Seward, 2017, CreateSpace

It's a rainy night in the Chesapeake Bay area. Blake is driving along, and he nearly hits Deena, and her young daughter, Kat, who are walking on the side of the road. It takes some convincing, but Blake drives them to Mama Jo, an older woman who is happy to put them up for the night.

Deena reluctantly agrees to stick around for a while, instead of heading to the bus station in Baltimore. Blake volunteers to help
Laurie
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

This suspenseful and well-written book caught my attention with the first sentence and kept me guessing and engaged all the way to the last word. Featuring two intertwining stories dealing with physical abuse and the toll taken on victims as well as those close to them, the main protagonists are well-developed in both timelines.

At times I disliked Deena’s prickly and abrasive demeanor but, honestly, her reasons for her sometimes rude reticence became more and more apparent as the book
Amy
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Set You Free: Love, Lies and the Secrets that Bind is a gripping story. I felt a connection to Deena from the start. I understood her struggles and her having to deal with the past. There were some mystery and suspense element to the story, which made me wonder what would happen next. There are parts that were hard to read at times, as it deals with heavy issues. This is not a light read.

I thought Set You Free: Love, Lies and the Secrets that Bind was a really good book and believe it is a must
Susan H