Start by marking “Night of Flame (Steel and Fire, #5)” as Want to Read:
Night of Flame (Steel and Fire, #5)

Night of Flame

(Steel and Fire #5)

When the world is torn apart by magical violence, only a Wielder can save it.

As the Lantern Maker terrorizes the continent with his Fireworker army, Dara struggles to master her new powers in order to stop him. She doesn’t know whether she can bring herself to destroy her father, but she’s running out of alternatives—and the fiery devastation is getting worse. She’ll hav
Published May 17th 2017 by Jordan Rivet

To ask other readers questions about Night of Flame, please sign up.
Agnishom Chattopadhyay For this series, yes. Looks like there is a spinoff.

Start your review of Night of Flame (Steel and Fire, #5)
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The build up of this series was amazing. I enjoyed myself so much! I cannot wait for more in this world and to see what happens with my babies.

Siv, Dara, Sel, and Sora are in my favs for life!

A little more in depth:
I was very impressed with how this series build up. The difference in what I thought the plot was going to be in book 1 compared to where we ended up was so different! I have to say that, although I have enjoyed myself through the whole series. (Giving it an average of 4.5 per book!)
Ali
Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Let me first just say that the other books in this series are all 4-5 stars. Truly wonderful books that I highly recommend you read. It just so happens that the final book in the series has some major problems that are rooted in previous books. If you aren't a critical reader, you honestly will love this book. However, I'm a critical reader, so I did have a real problem with a few things:

1. It's VERY clear in this final book that this is a partial rip-off of Avatar: The Last Airbender. There ar
Eric Bertone
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced and exciting ending to a great series. I really enjoyed the conclusion to this series starting off with surprises from the very first chapter. While some may say it was overly idealized, I really only enjoy a book with a good ending, there are already too many problems in the world. After completing this series, I can't wait to see what her new fantasy series will be like, as well as the spin off that she mentioned at the end. ...more
Hetal
To see more reviews, considering taking a peek at my first in series YA book blog here

I have not finished a book in about 3 weeks you guys. I've been in a book slump/reading slump -call it what you may- of incredible proportions. Leave it to Jordan Rivet's final book in the Steel and Fire series to end my terrible curse.

There is so much good in this book: strong family bonds, trusting and swoon-worthy relationships, maturing characters, and a desire for good and peace to win over evil and destr
Tricia Mingerink
Stunning conclusion to this series!

So much has built up to this book I was worried it wouldn't stand up to the pressure. But this book managed to surpass expectations. Fighting and dragons and so many twists and turns!

This book has it all. Deadly, desperate battles. Magically power barely kept in check. A king trying to reclaim his throne. Treachery. Dragons. Magical swords.

Seriously, if you haven't already, check out this series. If you love books with adventure, dragons, swordbattles, a slo
Hayden
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, fantasy, indies
I do think, perhaps, that my rating each of these books 4 stars is a little generous; while I really liked the first one, there are a number of small issues I have with each of the subsequent books that probably bring down their ratings to a 3 1/2 or so. While I did find a lot of Night of Flame satisfying, there were a few things that fell short for me. (For instance, I thought that adding the dragon plot cut some of the tension/importance of the political/invading plotline--it just felt like i ...more
Mattie
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it

This series is bomb. It's got some great characters, some surprising and shocking plot twists and a great magic system that feels natural and believable in the rich world Jordan Rivet has created. The series isn't perfect (which is why I haven't given it 5 stars). My primary complaint is that there are issues with the pacing of the plot through the books, which made some of the POV seem pointless and boring at times. However, it is still a great fantasy series overall and I would defini
Alaura
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazing work!

I have loved this series it's thrilling all the way through! So well written! Way to be clean and sassy and clever Jordan rivet!
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall, I really enjoyed the Steel and Fire series, but I was rather disappointed by this finale.

Dara's arc was generally well done and I like how her encounters with her parents were depicted and the resolution to her family relationships were rather well done. I also liked Sora's and Sel's storylines and I think that Siv was actually the weakest link regarding the main characters.

What I didn't like in "Night of Flame" was how clean the ending was. None of the main characters were lost, there
Henriette
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
The final confrontation is about to begin. Siv and Dara prepare to face off against Rafe, while unbeknownst to them the true dragons have awakened and taken over Vertigon.

The book is like “Avatar - The last Airbender” meets “The Song of Ice and Fire” (more commonly known as Game of Thrones). The conflict between nations wielding elemental magic and the ruler of the fire nation trying to conquer the world is straight of Avatar. While their squabbles blinding them to a greater threat is from GoT.
Clara
Sep 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars

Night of Flame marks the ending of the series. Going into this book, I expected this last instalment to be fast-paced and full of events just like in the climax of (almost) every other book before that. The pace was definitely faster than the previous instalments, and yet not as much as I would've liked it. The beginning was a bit slow, but then the action picked up and events kept happening without too much breathing room in between.

I really appreciated this instalment. It still had ma
Ashley Contreras
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down!

I've been a big fan of the series since I stumbled across book 1. I gave the book 5 stars because it felt that the last book did the whole series justice. I didn't feel like it was rushed in any way. In fact, I wanted it to continue so I wouldn't finish it! Further explanation is below.

Spoiler below!
I really liked the bonding with Surri, the Cindral Dragon. It reminded me of "How to Train Your Dragon." Surri was also a unique dragon like Toothless, being that she was black
Fatima
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just finished this series and boyyy ,I SO LOVED IT.Jordan is truly talented.It is the kind of series that keeps you turning pages.There are very frequent and incredible plot twists.The series is FULL of action and adventure including romance but it doesn't take over the plot.There is no love triangle but STILL the story is sooo GOOD.We have our fair share of sword fighter princes,dragon riding princesses and independent ,witty ,strong and badass power wielding female duelists. Annnd there are ...more
Mery
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
First half of the book incredible. 5 stars. The second half duindled down a bit specially as the final battale approached. Even though the main characters lost some of the charm they obtained in book 4, the rest of the party came through spectacularly. To those characters also 5 stars. The stakes were never high for the main characters in the end so it disappointed in that respect and the fall out after the final battale wS also a letdown. Nonetheless, it was a beautiful story with new informati ...more
Tara
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent series

I thoroughly enjoyed this entire series! I read right through them. Sometimes with series books you lose interest because it becomes difficult to maintain your attention with new challenges while keeping the characters interesting. I love the growth of the characters and how each had just enough time and representation. There were difficult choices to be made throughout the series, not black and white or good over evil. There were gray areas, concessions had to be made, not all p
Bella
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh god I absolutely loved this book and this series aa a whole. And I'm really sad that it's the end. That feeling of emptiness...

The characters are just all amazing. I'm so happy to see them succeed but also the sad over some characters we lost.

The relationships. Oh god I love them. And I'm so glad they didn't overshadow the story.

Also Queen Sora. King Siv. I love that they both got to rule. They're great rules.

I just love this book and all the characters. And I'm going to miss them so much.

W
Meghan D
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
✨navier Empress✨
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Normally, I like to speed read through series. This time though, that was not possible because I was borrowing the books from my sister's friend. Between the fourth and fifth book, I read ten books, and that was pretty much the same space between all of them, or longer. That resulted in My putting the books off, and other problems that come from waiting. So, I cannot be sure how this affected my reading experience. Nevertheless, I still loved all of the books. At times they could be hard to get ...more
Karyl Davide
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Plain wonderful!

The character development of this story is pure awesome. Admitting your weakness takes courage, and moving forward through it takes a lot more strength and courage. And we see that on our characters, and they never gave up even though it almost seem like they'd have no chance. We should hold on to that knowledge, setting them as an example.

I was quite nervous about Dara. She'd seem like a step away from being a villain (oops?). And Siv, oh my dear Siv, you're a cupcake in a cinna
Pat
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I loved the culmination of this amazing series. Although there was much tragedy and even death, as well as the very realistic imperfections of our full cast of characters, this was ultimately a raw yet beautiful finale to the Fire and Steel series. I just loved Siv and Dara, as well as Sora and Kel, and our glimpse of Selivia and Latch.

I was excited to read that Ms Rivet plans to release more stories from this world that will be set about 5 years later! Can Not Wait!!!
ruth
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Series!

It was an awesome story. It was very well balanced. It was in parts predictable, but enjoyable. The insight into different characters was a good idea it gave us information about what was going on in other territories which was awesome. Readiness a little rushed i wish there would've been a better way to incorporate when sic and Data were told about the nursery rhyme and limas thoughts on how to destroy the dragon, but alas it was still a good series.
Happy Reading Watching
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Night of Flame (Steel & Fire Book 5)  by @jordanrivert
What a way to wrap up this series!! There are lots of lessons that you can learn in this series and one of them was the importance of balance. Balance in relationships, mother nature, & power. We see what happens when people try to abuse these. Jordan Rivet did a great job with this series, I'm looking forward to reading more of her work!

Book contains: 🍁War
🍁Some language (nothing strong)

#happyreadingwatching
CNickerson
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this series. Exciting, good characters, good plot

This series has depth to this world introduced here and was well fleshed out as to countries, characters, storyline and plot. My only suggestion to the author is that when expressions regarding created animals are used without any prior identification of said animals, the flow of the prose is interrupted. Introducing mention of a created animal in conversation or anecdote would be helpful.
Nefer
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
Once again, Rivet demonstrates great skill at smoothly transitioning from one character to another as she spins an enthralling story. Selivia continues to be my favorite character to the very end! While the first book is my favorite from this series, Night of Flame nicely sums up the conclusion. :)
Mflukie
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a good ending to the series. I LOVE that it wasn’t predictable. It never seems to go how I thought it would and twisted in the best ways.

Siv might not have any magical talents, but what he did for Dara in the end will always make him a hero in my eyes. Of course I loved Vine. And the sisters stories where so great to read along side Sivs.
Lynn Clark
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a finale!!

This series kept me enraptured and awake for far too long as the adventure of the books and the growth of the characters kept me captivated. There was just enough romance to keep the fires burning but enough action to keep my heart pumping erratically for days. Great job to this amazing storyteller!!
Alan T
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Siv, Sel, Sora and Dara

Rafe the Lanternmaker is terrorizing the low country with firepower. Dara is reclaiming her training in swordfighting in the Pendark King's tower. Princess Sel is learning to work with the True Dragon Mav in the far west desert. Turmoil continues in the lands below, Trure, Pendark, Soole, and Cindal Forest.

Excellent characterization & plotting.
Karen
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dragons

This KU library selection is the conclusion of the Steel and Fire saga. Dara and Siv have been working their way home, where they will face one of their greatest challenges. Books 1-3 were captivating, book four lagged a bit, and this book picked up the pace again. I'll be looking for more books from this author.
Rachel Sears
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Good read

I do like these books, the adventures in them, the worlds created, I'm just amazed that the main characters can be so simple-minded and yet function, rule even. It's kind of like watching bunny rabbits fight or baby deer take down a cougar while attempting to weave baskets. It's just odd.
Joe Cochran
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great conclusion to the series as a whole. Cannot say enough that this book made me want to read more and more of it as the pages quickly turned. I would recommend this series to anyone who enjoys adventure, kingdoms, and dragons.
Spoilers Discussion and Series Wrap Up 1 2 Jan 26, 2021 09:32AM

• Mage Slave (The Enslaved Chronicles, #1)
  • Star Mage (The Enslaved Chronicles, #3)
  • Mage Strike (The Enslaved Chronicles, #2)
  • A Crown of Ash (The Kingmakers' War, #9)
  • Crown of Strength (The Hidden Mage, #3)
  • Age of Auroras (The Riven Kingdoms Book 4)
  • A Court of Lies (The Kingmakers' War, #6)
  • A Spark of Light (The Kingmakers' War, #10)
  • A Bed of Blades (The Kingmakers' War, #2)
  • Court's Fool (The Aermian Feuds #6)
  • A Shield of Sorrow (The Kingmakers' War, #5)
  • Voice of Dominion (The Spoken Mage, #3)
  • Voice of Life (The Spoken Mage, #4)
  • A Kiss of Treason (The Kingmakers' War, #3)
  • Power Born (Maid of Iron Book 1)
  • Voice of Power (The Spoken Mage, #1)
  • Voice of Command (The Spoken Mage, #2)
  • Forest of Firelight (The Riven Kingdoms, #1)
Jordan Rivet is an American author of swashbuckling YA fantasy and post-apocalyptic science fiction. Originally from Arizona, she lives in Hong Kong with her husband.

Jordan's YA fantasy series include Steel and Fire, Empire of Talents, The Fire Queen’s Apprentice, and Art Mage of Lure. Her science fiction includes Wake Me After the Apocalypse and The Seabound Chronicles.

Steel and Fire (5 books)
  • Duel of Fire (Steel and Fire, #1)
  • King of Mist (Steel and Fire, #2)
  • Dance of Steel (Steel and Fire, #3)
  • City of Wind (Steel and Fire, #4)