Start by marking “Water Borne (Halcyon Romance Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
Water Borne (Halcyon Romance Series, #3)

Water Borne (Halcyon Romance #3)

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
She belongs to the sea
Sworn to the sun god Apollo, mermayde Essa is next in line to become his head Oracle, the Pythia. But when she crosses paths with the Wind Borne Nazrin, the truths about her world shatter. A winged male from a race adversarial to her own, the darkly alluring Nazrin is anything but her enemy--he's her fated mate. And he's everything she's been warned a

To ask other readers questions about Water Borne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Water Borne

Karie
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Water Borne Essa and Nazrin Wind Borne certainly aren't what most would expect when you think of a mated pair. Yet, that is exactly what they will be. I am so in love with the writing of Ms. Slate and how she was able to weave such an intricate story of love, loss and hope for the future. Add in some sizzling sex scenes with these two and you are totally blown away with them. Ms. Slate gives you a total gift with this third book in the series. I can't wait for the next installment of this Halcyo ...more
Gina Roberts
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

And it is getting a glowing one.

This book not only advances the story of the War for Love, but encompasses many of my personal 'likes'...there's a Shakespearean feel--namely Romeo And Juliet (my all-time fave!)--as well as Greek mythology, as a basis for the story, characters and events.

And the characters! A beautiful male who can transform in my favorite bird, the hawk, and soar among the clouds under his own power. Not to mention
Katrina Berry
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Water Borne is Book 3 of the Halcyon Romance Series. While this is part of a series, it can be read as a standalone.

Ms. Slate is one of those authors, in my opinion, that can do no wrong in booklandia. No matter the topic, you will never be disappointed in what you have read if it is one of her works. With Water Borne, Ms. Slate has once again woven her magic and sucked us into her wondrous world with her captivating characters, beautiful writing with such vivid and breathtaking details that jus
Alyssa White
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I'm blown away by this book. This is my ideal bonding between an Air Borne male and Water Borne female and Rachael captured it so wonderfully in her story. I couldn't put the book down. Once I picked up the book I want to continue reading it, there went my social life! The complexity between the two characters was just wonderful.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"4.5
Essa and Nazrin are so head strong that I wasn't sure how the story was going to play out. This love story was adventurous and filled with emotion.
I thought it had a hint of The Little Mermaid, but it's so much better than that!
Nazrin is so easy to love, and watching him, knowing that the Wind Borne don't even have a word for it, fall in love with Essa makes it all the better.
Essa, learning how to really live and let go, to feel free to be herself is a treat all in its own.
I definitely r
Cherri-Anne
You are mine. 5 PRECIOUS AMULETS

Had he come to claim her as his mate? Did his kiss mean the same thing to him as it did to her? His mate was worth every risk he’d taken. she was a gift so precious it would tear apart his soul to lose her. HOLY PERSEPHONE & HADES! WHAT A MYTHTACULAR STORY!!! I love, Love, LOVE EVERY. SINGLE. BIT. In fact, I love, Love, LOVED it so much I couldn't put it down! In opening the book, I opened a Portal into another time and place where I became Essa, living her st
Kathi
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can Wind and Water make a Match?!?

Essa is a Water Borne. When she is caught in a fisherman’s net and rescued by Nazrin, a Wind Borne; has she gone from the frying pan into the fire? Essa was taught they were enemies, though a truce has been in place over 50 years. Nazrin has waited many years for his fated mate – but her reaction to him is an expectation of being eaten!!

Essa has trained to be a healer and intends to forgo family and children to fulfill her duties. Essa learns all is not as she
Nicole Smith
Shelves: paranormal
4.5 Stars
I'm happy to return to Halcyon. I love this series and this was a great installment! I really liked Nazrin. Essa is a water borne and Nazrin is a wind borne they shouldn't go together, but Nazrin knows they do. He just has to convince Essa, bu there are many obstacles to overcome especially Essa herself. One of my favorite part is the interaction between Essa and Nazrin. The banter and the unexpected moments between the two. This book grabbed me right from the start and never let me go.
Michelle VanDaley
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A mesmerizing tale that will grab you from the start and not let go until long after you are done reading. Mermaids, Gods, Shifters this story has them all and more!!! This is book 3 in the series and although it can be read as a standalone I Highly recommend you read them all!!
Jeanne
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read several of Rachael Slate's books and have thoroughly enjoyed each one. I've particularly enjoyed this series because I love mythology. Ms. Slate has woven an intriguing tale of two people from different races that have been enemies for hundreds of years into a story that kept me wondering what will have to occur for them to achieve their happily ever after.
I received an arc of this ebook for my honest opinion.
Jennifer Alvarez
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

Another fine addition to the stories of the Greek gods and their machinations. Rachael Slate weaves seamless tales of mythical and mystical creatures who must come together not only to fulfill their destinies but to find their Fated mates and stop the war between the gods. This story is of a beautiful mermayde Fated to work in the temple of Apollo and a warrior. As truths begin to severe the web of lies she has come to accept, who will she believe and whom will she follow? Will followin
Lindsay
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5
I definitely re
Nikki Brooks
Essa has been isolated from her father, Nereus by her aunt and trained to take over as Pythia, Oracle to Apollo. She is satisfied with her life, only mourning the mother she never knew, who had died in childbirth. But when she is caught up in nets, she is rescued by a huge winged man...one who makes her heart go pitty pat!

Nazrin has secrets of his own. He knows that Essa is his mate, something unusual for his kind. But he is not the only male in the running and his protective/possessive streak r
Stacy Aube
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received and voluntary reviewed an ARC of this book.

Another action packed amazing story. The pull between the main characters is impressive and enticing. I love this alternate world. The combination is magical and mystical. Absolutely love this book and adore this series.
Faswop
Rachel
Jul 23, 2018
Lyn Mckenzie
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.

The first thing that I want to mention is the amazing literary talent that is Rachel Slate. She really is such a talented author and I get goosebumps when I read her work, it really is outstanding and blows me away every time. Water Borne was no exception of this! I adore reading about this world that she has created and this book was the best of all, it seems the more books I read, the more amazing the books are!

You have a truly Magica
Lauren
May 23, 2017
SighWorthy
Jun 02, 2017
USA Today bestselling author Rachael Slate writes sizzling shifter stories where alpha heroes battle the beasts within themselves and sassy heroines would rather leave them wild than tame them. Whether dragons or centaurs, it's always scorching hot romance.

When not writing, Rachael can be found in nature, soaking up inspiration, or baking far too many sweet treats in the kitchen. She's obsessed wi

Halcyon Romance (3 books)
  • Moon Borne (Halcyon Romance, #1)
  • Earth Borne (Halcyon Romance, #2)