Start by marking “Bad Rules (Wild Minds, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bad Rules (Wild Minds, #3)

Bad Rules

(Wild Minds #3)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Feminist and all around world’s greatest best friend, Lily Philips-Thomas has a rule for everything.

Rule One

No matter how many proposals you receive (seventeen to be exact) don’t ever get married. Marriage is a tool of the patriarchy.

Rule Two

Speaking of the patriarchy, don’t fall in love with an alpha a-hole rock star that believes the sun rises and sets with him. This w
Published July 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Bad Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Rules

Paige
5 “Admit” Stars

I love this series. I fell in love with these characters in Wild Minds and have been waiting for Lily and Ash’s book ever since. Lily is my spirit animal and Ash is a broody jerk and yet they are perfect for each other. With a bit of angst and lots of heat, their story was everything I’d been waiting for.

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book. A is for Alpha B is for Books.
Snow
So, after reading book 1 in this series, Good lies, where I have cast my attention to the secondary characters Asher and Lily, a twin brother to the main character Warren in book 1 and a bestie to the main heroine in the before mentioned book.

Yeah, they gave a hard wibe of "enemies to lovers" full blown fireworks going on for them and I wasn't disappointed by their mishiefs, banter, bickering - all that was a result of the unsolved and unspoken issues, that were filled with hurtful memories of t
Bani
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly, ratula
The Wild Minds series has been a positively addictive reading experience for me, and Bad Rules was no exception. Ms. West hits hard with intensity, sexiness, and some emotional punches that I did not see coming, and I just gobbled this book up like the addict I am.

Lily and Asher are enemies with benefits. Their relationship is volatile, passionate, and hot as sin. It was also a little hard for me to connect with sometimes, especially in the flashbacks. Here we have two emotionally closed off peo
Vera
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing

When they first met, the attraction and lust between Lily Philips-Thomas and Asher Price was instant. They couldn't get enough of each other. But they were both looking for something different.
Four years later, they're reunited and the spark is still there. But can they overcome their pasts?

I loved Bad Rules! I've been waiting for Lily and Asher's book for a long time and their story took me in an unforgettable rollercoaster ride of emotions. There's drama, laughter, and sexy scenes. But it's
Lorie
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

I think I may love Ash more than Warren now. Lily and Ash were great together. Sexy, smart, hysterical.... I absolutely loved them.

Charlotte West has some serious mad writing skills to boot! Her style is phenomenal. As a reader, I feel her writing is an indulgent treat because it's not something you find everyday.

I love this series.

I love these characters.

I love Charlotte West's writing.

I'm really hoping we get Lix's story next. He's absolutely hilarious.
TSN
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Diary Of Book Fiend
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to Beta Read this third book in the Wild Minds series.

I am so in love with this series and these characters and to be able to read this book before anyone else was such an honor.

This was Lily and Asher's book and it was a heart wrenching. The push and the pull just brought out all the feels.

Lily and Asher's story actually began the same time that War and Addison's began and also ended at the same time as well.

Bad Rules jumps from past to present in order to give the history\b
Kathy Aronoff
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the very first book in this Series, I have had a love affair with Ms West's writing style, characters and wit and this one sure delivers. Lily joins the ranks of my very few book girl friends, from the first paragraph her snark is on full display, with some hilarious one-liners throughout. Asher is a mess, brooding Guitar God with a serious problem. I would have liked more insight as to why Ash had issues, but it doesn't take away from the fact that his is another great addition to the Wild ...more
Sahana
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I cant decide if the author was projecting the heroine as a feminist or making fun of feminism indirectly :D. Since its not dual POV its not easy to comment on the hero much. Also in the end its kinda sad and contradicting that the hero takes up the last name of heroine to honour her feminist views but that last name belongs to her parents who have completely abandoned her from the beginning!
Samantha
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars!

Review to Come!!
Sheryl
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Lily & Asher's story!

I'm a huge fan of the way this series is written... I love the back and forth between then and now.

Wishing really hard for Lix to get his own book, gosh I kinda love that man and his humorous self.
Carma
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-kindle
Charlotte West is a new to me author and Bad Rules is book #3 in the Wild Minds series. I have not read the other books in the series so I can’t speak to how this one relates to it. I would give it a solid 3.5 stars for many reasons but overwhelmingly it just wasn’t written in a style that appealed to me. But keep reading because it surprised me after all.

Lily Philips-Thomas is a feminist, a very punchy, wordy, quick wit, and opinionated feminist. She lives her life by a set of rules she feels w
Donna
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I love Charlotte West’s writing. Her books are usually an easy read for me with great dialogue and thoughtful character development. Her books are a must read for me.

In Bad Rules (A Wild Minds Novel), Lily Phillips-Thomas, best friend of Addison Price, our heroine from Book One in the series, has been raised by nannies in lieu of her absentee parents, anthropologists who travel the globe. Lily and Addison at one point in the pas
Angelina
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bad Rules is another 5 star addition to the Wild Minds series, and is just as addictive as the first two. Charlotte West pulls you in right from the start and you won't be able to stop reading. Asher and Lily take a very difficult journey together and you'll be there with them every step of the way. There's some laugh out loud moments when this couple take swipes at each other, but there's also moments that have you feeling for them both and unsure of what's going to happen. For me, chapter 22 o ...more
Janine
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The thing that saved this for me was Asher. Bless him, he tried so very hard to find ways to connect with Lily and give her what he thought she wanted. This is told in alternating time frames - the past and the present.
Well edited.

We first met Asher and Lily in Good Lies. Asher and Warren are twins. Lily and Addy are best friends. Asher and Lily were together, Warren and Addy got married, and then everything imploded at the same time. Throughout the book, we slowly get to a place where we unders
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Diehard feminist Lily Philips-Thomas has a lot of rules and the cocky guitarist for the band the Wild Minds, Asher Price, is set on breaking every one of them or at the very least bending them. When the two cannot resist their attraction a whole new set of rules come into play and neither of them is prepared to follow them!

For some people love is hard to embrace. They crave it, yet do everything possible to destroy it. If they are lucky they manage to want it more then they want to be without it
Scarlett Ian
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lily and Asher are quite a pair. They have an interesting history together and it’s understandable that they don’t want to be around each other. So when Lily’s best friend convinces her to join Asher’s band on tour you know you can expect fireworks to happen. Neither one of them are prepared to own up to the feelings still between them so the band decides to take drastic measures to stop the bickering; if they get some entertainment along the way then oh well!

This was my first Charlotte West re
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lily doesn't believe in relationships, much less marriage, so she lives by some hard rules. No man has ever gotten close enough to her for her to break those rules, until Asher. He wants Lily badly, but she keeps putting the distance between them, so they barely got anything off the ground before it was over. Now Lily's best friend is begging her to join them (Asher's band) on tour, and she's tried everything to get out of it, but finally she just gives in, though she will be in close quarters w ...more
Eileen Robinson
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads, arcs
Yes I have a weakness for Rock Stars.
Lily Philips is most definitely a modern girl, independent, snarky, witty, and definitely will never again let her heart be broken, especially by A**hole men. Particularly Asher, problem is that despite their past which ended badly, he's her best friends Brother in Law.
Asher is all kinds of a moody, aggressiveand tortured rocker and I have to admit that i wasn't sure at the beginning of this book if i would ever get to really like him.
Thrown together again,
Sassy Southern
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book out of the series the most! I’m not sure what it was, but I just absolutely fell in love with the whole band during this book. It made me love the first two books that much more. If you haven’t read the first two books in this series, I would definitely start there. The author takes the time to weave the all of characters into this special friendship that is more like a family. We get to know everyone’s personality, and it was just amazing.
Lily was one of a kind. She had me hol
Sandra
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5/4 stars.

By the end of Bad Rules I was completely in love with the story and characters. Lily is a fantastic written heroine with a lot of depth. I would have loved to know more about Ash, who, for the most part felt more like a secondary character than the hero of the story. Which brings me to this conclusion:

Lily is a feminist. West wrote her so convincingly that she's never preachy, except when it's important to her characterization. She's matter of fact with her feminism, sometimes a bit
Linds
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay so I really disliked the first book in the series but I enjoyed this one much more. I liked Ash and didn’t have to many complaints with him. I did however think his “personal issue” ( I don’t want to spoil it) could have been focused on a little more than it was since it isn’t a topic that should be mentioned lightly and dealt with quickly. I thought Lily was a breath of fresh air however I didn’t love how opposed she was to relationships. I enjoyed the couples chemistry and sexy times. It’ ...more
Candy
A must read! This series was fantastic and it was all from the females point of view.
This is Lily's story with Asher who you can meet in Hard Lessons and Bad Lies. These two met and started a love affair with rules and those rules were bent a bit and then the the love affair takes a turn. There is pent up energy from these two and it is a roller coaster of a ride to read about. Lily is a strong feminist and Asher is a stubborn rock star, but they say opposites attract and you're not whole till
Mile High KINK Book Club
A Barrel of Laughs
BAD RULES is an enemies to lovers, second chance, rockstar romance guaranteed to have you laughing your butt off one moment and swooning in the next chapter.
Lily and Ash are forced to enjoy each other's company when she decides to tag alone with pregnant Addy, her best friend, on tour. Throw in his fellow bandmates' banter and bicker to force him to admit his feelings for Lilly, its a barrel of laughs.
On the outside, Ash is a typical arrogant rocker living a wild lifestyle. O
Demetra
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, e-books
4.5 Stars

This is the story of Lily and Asher; Lily is Addison's best friend and Asher is Warren's twin brother.
Asher is arrogant, possesive and dominant and when he sets his eyes on Lily he wants to make her his. Lily is a fierce feminist, with not the best opinion about marriage. We saw some glimpses of their summer together at the first book. However, their time together didn't end well and left both of them broken.
Now, some time later, Lily is going on tour with the band to spend some time wi
Cori Mcgowen
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
💕

Really enjoyed the story and loved Ash and Lili, not quite as much as Warren and Addie but they were close.
My one complaint is that I understand the point of Ash being willing to change his name but with Lili's parents and the way things happened in the story it just didn't fit or ring true to me.
Coralee Corrigan
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow .beyond amazing read . I read it all in one sitting I couldn’t put it down till I finished it . It sucks u in from the beginning and keeps u going to the end to the book .loved it . If I could rate it higher then 5 stars I would give it 10 stars .i received a arc for a honest review.tks again .
Kathi
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun read, kept me entertained and engaged through the entire book. Smirking, tearing up and laughing all the way to the end. I was not ready to see these characters go. First time reading this author, I will be reading more.
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!

Absolutely adored this book, as I have with all of her books! Hilarious, angsty, steamy and romantic! Can’t wait to see if there is stories for the rest of the boys in wild minds. 10/10 would recommend!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Charlotte West writes romance about strong heroines and the sexy alpha males who love them. She lives in Washington state with her husband and very large dog (think miniature pony size). She spends way too much money on books, and way too much time reading. When she’s not reading, she’s feeding her reality television addiction, eating chocolate, or traveling. She's been known to eat her weight in ...more

Wild Minds (3 books)
  • Good Lies (Wild Minds, #1)
  • Hard Lessons (Wild Minds, #2)