Start by marking “Scammed (Vale Hall, #2)” as Want to Read:
Scammed (Vale Hall, #2)

Scammed

(The Vale Hall #2)

Brynn Hilder is living a life she never dreamed possible: She lives in a mansion, getting a top-rate education at Vale Hall. She has friends and an almost-boyfriend. Anything she wants, she can have.

The only catch? To stay in this life, she has to help the director of Vale Hall take down the bad guys of Sikawa City by collecting secrets and running cons.

Getting everything
Paperback
Expected publication: February 4th 2020 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Scammed, please sign up.

Start your review of Scammed (Vale Hall, #2)
Samantha (WLABB)
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Well, this book was well named, because just about everyone got scammed at some point. Really didn't expect the story to take the turn it did, but Simmons has left me chomping at the bit for the next book.

Full review to follow

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

BLOG | INSTAGRAM |TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS
Erin Arkin
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020, series
Ahhh Soo good! Full review to come!
Jaime Arkin
Holy crap that was quite the ride! I totally didn’t see those twists and is it too early to ask for book 3?!?

I love these characters and this story and I can’t wait to see where Kristen takes us in book 3!
CR
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So too much of this was going to be a spoiler and well I don't want to do that to you. So this book was so freaking awesome I could not put it down!! Is it to early to ask for a copy of book three!? February is so far away for this one to come out so I will have to wait for about two extra months over that year or so to read book three and that I can say with confidence that it might kill me. In this one we learn about the characters more and the story unfolds I need a finished copy of this one ...more
Cecily Wolfe
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had a really hard time putting this one down! I loved book one, but wow, this one went more in depth so we get to know the characters even better, and by doing that, the author has sucked me in even more. Fast-paced and so very rewarding - I can't wait for book three!
Joanna Bennett
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really good sequel! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Review to Come.
Amanda (MetalPhantasmReads)
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well well well now THAT was a surprise! I cannot wait for book 3! I didn't know who to trust but I love how things are coming together. Review to come on the blog!
Elli
Dec 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-release, arc
Ayyy I got another arc :))
Why they changed the cover art though I have no clue.
Anna
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received an eARC through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Further disclaimer: This review will continue some spoilers for the first book (The Deceivers) but no spoilers for Scammed.

Brynn Hilder had her life turned upside down when she was taken into Vale Hall, a boarding school for con artists. For the first time in her life, her skills that she learned in Devon Park, a poor neighborhood, had great value. She made friends that became almost like family, and she became
Shawna Oakes
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There's less than two weeks before this book gets released, so it's time for my review.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for allowing me review this book.

Scammed is the second book in the Vale Hall series that centers around a school for con artists. This book has even more twists, shocks, and romantic scenes than the first book, which left me wanting more.

Kristen Simmons has a way with words that makes me completely immersed in the world and unable to put the book down. All the
Insert Name Here
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, 2020arc
Brynn and her friends find things getting even more complicated in the second of this series.

They're all con artists. That's what Vale Hall is, after all; a school for cons and tricks. But Brynn thought they were honest with each other.
All that changes, though, when her former mark shows up at the school. Dr O is keeping him close as leverage against his father. Unable to take anyone's words at face value, Brynn struggles to find the right path.

I'm always a bit worried about the second book in
Melissa
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book, but this book? LOVED.

The writing is great and the twists and turns? Did not see a lot of it coming! I’ve been conned!

I LOVED that we got to see more of the secondary characters (Henry and especially Charlotte who I love x3 now) and I hope even more of the other students get some screen time in the third book. Beyond Charlotte, I was surprised to see how attached I got to Moore! More Moore! Lol

Some of my only problems with Scammed were that a lot of the events that
Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)
4.5/5

To gush about this book would mean spoiling things, so I'll try my best to keep my excitement level at the minimum. First of all, I want to thank the publisher for providing a copy. I was thrilled when I won a copy of this book and it went so much better than expected! The sequel was better in a way that I could not have anticipated. I just wish the main character stop telling the reader her name and where she's from. WE GET IT. YOU'RE BRYNN AND YOU COME FROM DEVON PARK. Basically, take a
Britney Dillon
***I was provided an eARC of this book from Macmillan-Tor/Forge via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!***

Welcome back to Vale Hall! (Where you think you know what's going on, and then find out you have no idea; where you think you know the characters, but don't at all; where you think you have the plot figured out, but are just absolutely wrong.)

I loved this follow-up to The Deceivers. It takes the events set up in that book and twists and complicates them in ways you'll
Ali
Excellent follow up to the first book in the series, The Deceivers. Kristen Simmons does an excellent job of raising the stakes the once again. Right when you feel like things are finally getting on track for Brynn, everything starts to go off the rails again. There are times when you will feel frustration for Brynn's choices, but when understood in the context of her life it makes sense. How does someone who has survived on the basis of lies and deception make any lasting or meaningful ...more
Aly
I had no idea that The Deceivers would have a sequel until a couple months ago. i was hesitant at first to read this, but DAMN! This is definitely a worthy sequel that builds off of the first book. We get more in depth with the characters, especially Brynn, and the plot moves in a direction I wasn't expecting. The ending of this book sets a strong base for book 3, which i assume will be the final book. Anyways, if you read book 1 and were questioning on picking up the sequel I'd say go for it! ...more
Kat
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#Scammed #NetGalley
Thank you to Tor Teen and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review the E-arc copy of Scammed.
Kristen Simmons has a wonderful way of bringing the reader into her novels. I really enjoyed the tricky aspect of the plot and the scam artist, Brynn, she is a fascinating character. I enjoy the fast paced plot and the major twists of book two. Simmons flushed out her characters which is why I think her pace so well.
Brianna Schierenbeck
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
Review coming
Sandie, Teen Lit Rocks
Quick read. Can't wait to see what happens with these characters in the final installment.
Teri
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first book in this series, The Deceivers, was a five star read for me last year, and I couldn't wait to get to the sequel. And it's another five star read.

What happens when you throw a bunch of con artists together? Trained liars, people who insert themselves into the lives of others and fool them completely? You can't trust anyone - and that's the whole premise of this second book in the Vale Hall series. Brynn doubts her boyfriend, her friends and acquaintances, and even herself. She's
Emma Shea
Sep 07, 2019
Shawna Oakes
Nov 30, 2019

• Foul Is Fair
  • Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
  • The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)
  • Primal Possession (Alphas of Sandor #1)
  • Highfire
  • Wild Blood (The Trueborn Saga, #1)
  • Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1)
  • The Snow Collectors
  • Night Of The Shayde (Vampires' Blood Mate, #1)
  • Shadow City
  • The Seventh Sun
  • Malus Domestica (Malus Domestica, #1)
  • The Shrike & the Shadows
  • Watch Over Me
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
Kristen Simmons is the author of the ARTICLE 5 series, THE GLASS ARROW, METALTOWN, PACIFICA, and the upcoming DECEIVERS. She loves her family, Jazzercise, and chocolate cupcakes. She currently lives in Cincinnati, Ohio.

For more updates on Kristen and her writing, follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @kris10writes.

The Vale Hall (3 books)
  • The Deceivers (Vale Hall, #1)
  • The Measure of Risk (Vale Hall, #3)