Start by marking “Dark Rift (The Gray Tower Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Rift (The Gray Tower Trilogy, #2)

Dark Rift

(The Gray Tower Trilogy #2)

This is an alternate-cover edition for isbn 13: 9781481043991

Savior.

Monster.

A Time Wizard who will be the damnation of many...

The world already suffers a bitter taste of hell on earth, in a World War II where Nazi warlock vampires battle with Gray Tower wizards in the streets of Europe and in the shadows.

The Gray Tower, in its quest to stabilize a world that hangs on a del
Published May 2017 by Creative Alchemy, Inc. (first published November 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Rift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Rift

Samantha LaFantasie
Book 2 of The Grey Tower Trilogy left me wanting more. Simply because, I wasn't ready for it to end. This second installment kept me on the edge of my seat. I was so enthralled with the story that I read it very fast.

(*MINI SPOILER*)I felt more in touch and invested in these characters with this book and was sad to see some of them go. I felt Isabella's frustrations and loss and certainly rooted for her as well as the other characters that were siding with her.

This story picks up where the last
Chris
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was very much looking forward to reading Dark Rift after reading the first book in Alesha Escobar's The Gray Tower Trilogy. Dark Rift, the second book of the trilogy, is action packed and will not fail to grab hold of a reader's attention and imagination.

Short Summary:
Dark Rift continues to follow the adventures of Isabella George, an Alchemist trained by The Gray Tower and a spy for British intelligence as she attempts to unravel the mysteries of The Drifter and to battle against the forces o
Elle Jacklee
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story picks up shortly after where The Tower's Alchemist left off, and it put me right back on the edge of my seat! Isabella George has a renewed commitment (SOA sanctioned or not ) to finding out more about the unfolding mystery of her past and the Drifter's role in the future. As Isabella attempts to hone the powers she's just recently learned she possesses, she must protect her father, a fugitive condemned to death by the Gray Tower for actions he has yet to commit, but that they believe ...more
Jaleen Wedlow
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply ADORED this book! This book have me wanting another slice of journey! and I can't wait to read the 3rd of the trilogy! It was like a roller coaster ride of vampires, warlocks, wizards, Nazism etc! It definitely makes me wish history was this interesting! I never thought of a combination like that! It was well written and well thought out! If you haven't read this book yet, read the part 1 and definitely read this!!! You will love this!! You can actually visualize the events in your mind, ...more
Ericka
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I got this book as part of Goodreads First Reads .

I had never heard of this series before so I purchased the first in the series. I'm really glad I did because these books were awesome ! It was pretty cool how the author mixed in the supernatural with a period in time that is, for lack of words , iconic in history. I really liked the mash up and couldn't be happier that I was lucky enough to win this book !
Jamaica
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I won this book in a giveaway and just finished reading it last night. This is the second book in The Gray Tower Series, and I've got to say this was better than the first. I don't want to spoil this book, so I'll just say that this book sent me on an emotional roller coaster. I went from feeling anxious to laughing and crying. I'm giving this book five stars.
Travis Simonson
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love Alesha's series! It's written like a first person mystery so that every step of the way revelations get drizzled over the ever expanding story in such a way that left me greedy for more! Excellent story and intriguing characters is why I can't wait for the last installment!
April
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, I am blown away! Patiently awaiting the final installment.
Pat
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, historical
My only complaint is that I have yet to buy the last book in the trilogy. I'll be rectifying that today so that I can find out how Isabella's adventures end.
Lana
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book two in the Grey Tower series is as exciting as the first book was and who would have ever told me that Iwould start to enjoy a book about spies? Alesha has a kick ass female spy, Isabella, who is also an alchemist and who manages to get into the most difficult of situations and the magical aspect is what really got me into this series. The whole novel leaves the reader quite breathless and this time more so as the danger is even greater since Isabella decides to return to the Grey Tower whe ...more
Y. Correa
Let me see… (insert thinking face here).

Where can I start with this book?

I find myself in one of those situations where you want to say so much, but almost don’t have the strength—more so, the desire—to.

I suppose I’ll start by giving a bit about the premise. However, I’ve made up my mind that this review will be short and to the point. It’ll go something like this: explain the plot a tad, then give my overall thoughts.

Today I’ll be veering away from my typical ‘Pros and Cons’ bullets, as I feel
Queen Spades
This is the abbreviated version. For the full version, please check out The Review Board.

Note: This was given by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Circle of Cool Beans (Magic Spell Pros)

1. The abstractness of the cover still remains a top pro to me. It does help to tie together all the books in the series. Plus it does help that my favorite color is blue.
2. The significant decrease of double agent speak made it easier to keep up with characters, particularly Isabella.

Circle of Perturbn
H.M. Jones
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With series books, I'm not always as impressed with sequels as with the opening book, never really. But Escobar brings it in Dark Rift as much as she did in The Tower's Alchemist, if not more so. Now that the stage and characters are set, Escobar lets loose a torrent of thrills, suspense, magical espionage and close calls. Miss George doesn't get a moment's relaxation, as her very being is an imagined threat to almost everyone she meets.
Escobar merges fantasy, historical accuracy and time trave
Jonathan
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Dark Rift”, by Alesha Escobar, is the second novel in The Gray Tower series, following “The Tower’s Alchemist.” Now the only real problem I had with this novel is that it was a while ago since I read the first one. And I must be getting old because I struggled at first to get a handle on some of the secondary characters. I did a quick rescan of the first one, then got back up to speed. Part of me wishes that all books in trilogies did a recap at the beginning, yet I get why most don’t (because ...more
Mike
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book, and the series of which it's the second, have good bones. It needs an editor, but the author tells me it's getting one very soon, so its issues - mainly tense problems, occasional odd phrasings and possible anachronisms - should go away, leaving an enjoyable and well-told story.

Full disclosure: I know Alesha Escobar on social media, and we've been in an anthology together (Theme-Thology: New Myths. I thought her story in that collection was one of the best in the book. She has talent
Thrishini
Feb 27, 2014
Erica
Oct 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: (Another) Updated Book Cover Request 4 22 May 17, 2017 04:45PM
Dark Rift is FREE on Kindle Nov.29-30 1 2 Nov 29, 2012 05:56AM
  • Monochrome
  • Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire, #1)
  • Requiem (The Eternal Gateway, #1)
  • I Witch
  • Sunrise on the Mediterranean (Time Travel, #3)
  • Wolf Magic (The Wolf Fey, #3)
  • Altors (Zinc Chronicles, #1)
  • Why Women Are Their Own Worst Enemies!
  • Red Madrassa (Algardis, #1)
  • Spell Checked (Logic, #1)
  • Pandora
  • Disciple (Part I)
  • Living With Your Past Selves (Spell Weaver #1)
  • The Second Son (Kings of Cardenas #2)
  • The Hall of the Wood
  • Reluctant Medium (Rachel Blackstone Paranormal Mystery Series #1)
  • Sorcerer’s Code
  • The Winged Hunter (Chronicles of Ealiron, #3)
Alesha Escobar writes fantasy to support her chocolate habit. She enjoys reading everything from Tolkien and the Dresden Files, to the Hellblazer comics and classic literature. She’s the author of the bestselling Gray Tower Trilogy, an action-packed supernatural thriller set in an alternate World War II. The trilogy hit the bestsellers lists at Amazon (Top 60 in the entire Kindle store), as well a ...more

The Gray Tower Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Tower's Alchemist (The Gray Tower Trilogy, #1)
  • Circadian Circle (The Gray Tower Trilogy, #3)