Start by marking “Holy Crap! The World is Ending!: How a Trip to the Bookstore Led to Sex with an Alien and the Destruction of Earth (The Anunnaki Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:

Read Book

(The Anunnaki Chronicles #1)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  82 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
The ISBN 9781947119017 has been moved to the latest edition.

End times are here! Now you can eat whatever you want and not care if you gain weight.

Autumn, a food and wine obsessed ad executive (who for the purpose of this retelling asked to be portrayed as drool-inducing hot with kick-ass ninja skills), has just been handed the task of saving all of humanity.

Here’s the deal
Published September 21st 2017 by Alien Abduction Press

To ask other readers questions about Holy Crap! The World is Ending!, please sign up.
Anna-Marie Abell Oh, yes! There is solid evidence that aliens exist. The problem is that the mainstream media constantly makes a joke of it and never reports the…moreOh, yes! There is solid evidence that aliens exist. The problem is that the mainstream media constantly makes a joke of it and never reports the actual stories. All we get is seemingly uneducated folks who drink moonshine and hallucinate their sightings. Anyone who asks me this question, I tell them to watch the documentary “I Know What I Saw.” I have a link up on my website. If there is one case to search that I think has the most credibility, Google the “Rendlesham Forest Incident.” (less)
Anna-Marie Abell Yes, I did see an unidentified flying object. But I have no proof it was being flown by aliens. I was walking along the beach in Oceanside, CA, with…moreYes, I did see an unidentified flying object. But I have no proof it was being flown by aliens. I was walking along the beach in Oceanside, CA, with my boyfriend at the time, and something grabbed his attention in the sky. He pointed out two circular objects darting back-and-forth. They kind of changed color from red to gold as the light reflected on them. We thought maybe they were balloons. But that assumption got dashed when two fighter jets coming out of Camp Pendleton flew straight toward them. These two objects took off at unfathomable speeds, and then the fighter jets banked right and flew off after them. There was no way the jets were going to catch them. Aliens? Well, I’m not sure. But, unless the government is hiding something from us, we don’t have technology like that.(less)

Natalie The Biblioholic
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, sci-fi
Holy Crap is right! Imagine meeting the man of your dreams... only to find out he's an alien... so while you're terrified of all that entails, you can't resist the pull he has over you... you both realize you're soulmates... but your death is imminent because his planet is about to collide with yours and Earth as you know it will be over... however, there's a bit of hope... if mankind can come together in peace, love and harmony, then they can be beamed to a planet similar to Earth to continue l ...more
Catherine ♡
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
*Thank you to the author for a free copy in exchange for an honest review!*

Actual Rating: 3.75

The title is already quite a bit telling: Holy Crap! The World is Ending!: How a Trip to the Bookstore Led to Sex with an Alien and the Destruction of Earth. In essence, this book follows Autumn who is handed quite the difficult task to save humanity. Luckily, she's got her hot alien boyfriend by her side, along with a kleptomaniac friend whose most notable characteristic is his hair.

As you can imagine,
Esther
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Netgalley and the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book has it all. Science Fiction, Romance, Humour and a great set of characters. I think this is maybe my favorite book that I've read this summer!
Trigger warning: There is an almost rape scene in this book.

A longer review can be found at Bite Into books

HOLY CRAP. Give me book number 2. I'm so ready for it! I loved the book. Here you have a girl that is sarcastic, loves food, goes t
Kirsty 📚📖❤️
This is a fun book about the end times with an original storyline fully of crazy theories that turned out to be genuine theories (lots of extra info in the glossary at the back). I do like it when you read something that no matter how crazy has something actually going for it.

This book is full of sexy aliens, food, weird vomit-inducing relationships (in the literal sense), bad guys, Indiana Jones style adventures but in space ships, and so much more. There's a lot packed into this book. It has
Lexxi Kitty
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and Alien Abduction Press in exchange for an honest review.

I could easily imagine Simon Pegg making this into a movie, though back around 2005 or so, before he made 2013's 'The World's End' since you can only make so many end of the world type films. This has a kind of 'Shaun of the Dead' kind of vibe. Without zombies. And with a little more dumb jokes. But still - serious situation mixed with humor is what I'm going for here.

I saw something recentl
Julia
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sci-Fi + Romance + Humour? Yes, please!

I really liked this book. It's the story of two people meeting in a book store and falling for each other. Unfortunately his people are not quite pleased with this.
Plus, the world is ending, literally, and someone must save humankind, somehow.

I liked the banter, I liked the references to pop culture, ancient cultures, and the true information provided in this original story. What I did not like was long dialogues in which information was presented to the
Megan
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**I received this book in exchange for an honest review**

“”Well, slap me upside the head and color me zebra,” Devon exclaimed.

“I’m not even going to ask what that means,” Rigel said

“It means hot damn, we’re going to Wally World!"

Okay, first off, this is totally not the kind of book I would pick up. But as soon as Anna emailed me and I read the title AND saw the cover? I was sold. How could you not want to read a book with that kind of title that also has a cow being beamed up to a spaceship?!?

Th
Carrie Griffin
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was one of the funniest that I have ever read. I was not sure of what to expect from this book and I am happy with what we got from it. When I had first heard of it, I thought it sounded a bit like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (one of my all time favorite books) and I became very interested in reading this book. I'm not someone who really loves books about aliens unless they are really good.

This book was great. The humor was balanced throughout the book with heartwarming scenes
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)
At A Glance
It started out so good...
The Good
I have not accepted a review request for months (maybe almost a year). I am very selective now because of time constraints. But when I saw the title of this book, I had to try it. I mean, how can you not be lured in by this title? So I took the plunge.

It started out a little slow but picked up fast. When things started going to hell, I started to get really excited. So, yeah, the world is ending. People go crazy. Autumn may be the only hope to save
Boundless Book Reviews
I voluntarily received a copy of this novel via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book is hard for me to rate because I did find it interesting, amusing and entertaining a lot of the time; but It also just drug on and on.   I always enjoy anytime authors can put their own spin on current theology and how the world came to be.  It is abundantly clear that Abell put loads of time and effort into researching every aspect of this novel.  Yet it felt like she also wanted to cram every
Diane Hernandez
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Genre-bending sci-fi mythological humorous apocalyptical romance.

Holy Crap! The World is Ending! has something for everyone. A woman meets her soulmate in a Barnes & Noble just as an asteroid is about to collide with Earth. There is something otherworldly about his looks but little does our heroine know. He is actually an alien sent to Earth to determine whether humankind can stop battling each other long enough to be moved to another planet.

Okay, the plot I just described seems lame but the
Ginny Lurcock
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Right at the very beginning, we get eating disorders and fat shaming. I should've known. I should revisit my hard limits in books. But I haven't yet, so I kept reading. Next, I stumbled across "her smooth Asian features," and just... no. Asia is huge, you need to be more specific. And I really need to revisit my hard limits, because I still kept reading.

And that's when, after some major Twilight "I should stay away from you" bullshit, we got to the whole bit on where humans came from, slavery, "
Meagan Hasted
Two words, funny and oringinal and i couldn't put it down!! I would definitely recommend to anyone who likes post apocalyptic books, it gives a fresh take at it.
C.E. Clayton
****I received an ARC copy from the author in exchange for an honest review****

The title of this book pretty much tells you everything you need to know about what you’ll find within its pages. Spoiler alert: earth is screwed. If any humans want to be spared, then our hope lays with Autumn, a klutzy young woman who’s day job is making infomercials, who needs to tell the rest of the human race to take a major chill pill, and come together singing kumbaya so the aliens will swoop down and save us.
Sony
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I recieved a copy of this book via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

More like 3.5 stars, but Goodreads does not let me do that.

The apocalypse is coming and it's going to be hilarious. The title "Holy Crap The World is Ending- how a trip to the bookstore led to sex with an alien and the destruction of earth" is misleading, I expected the book to be irreverent and a little like Katy Perry's song E.T.

The book is irreverent, delightfully so, surprisingly enough the alien sex was not milke
Cassandra
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Handsome Greek Gods, binge eating, Humor, and more... What is there not to enjoy about this book?! Okay, the title alone tells us that the world is ending and yeah, that is a very good possibility. Unless our heroine Autumn, her Greek God lover Rigel, her BFF Emma, and the hair guy can save us! There are more characters, but we will focus on those who are actively trying to save the world. I am not even going to go into details about Wal-Mart. I do not want to spoil that fun for you! There are a ...more
Emmie
Once again I wish Goodreads and all other platforms that awards stars had the half star. I would give this 2.5 stars

The title and cover drew me to this book. It gave me the impression that it will be somthing similar to Gail Koger and S.E. Smith.

I have to admit that, for me, it did not make the cut. It had laugh out loud moments, the premise is actually very good, the characters outrageous and the dialougue quite sharp. It just did not come together for me. I did not feel any connection to the c
Sarah Greenwood
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think the title kind of says it all really so just hold on for a fun filled ride with lots of food thrown in for good measure – you’ll get that when you read it! You will find that Autumn likes her ‘what if’ questions. Not simple ones either, more like ‘what if flaming cats came out of his eyes’, you know that sort of thing.

So Autumn gets a shocked first encounter with ‘Mr. New Age’ at the bookstore. He seems to be a little different than other guys she’s met. Well with him being part of an al
Jennifer Tooker
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A hilarious end of the world adventure

Full disclosure – I was provided a copy of this book by the author however I have voluntarily chosen to write a review. All opinions are my own.

Autumn is your typical semi socially awkward twenty something living in Southern California. Working for an advertising agency her favorite free time activity is her regular pig out sessions with her bestie artist Emma. On one such pig out eve, Autumn makes a quick stop at the local Barnes & Noble to look for a b
BookWormYami
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
4.5 stars.
When I first read the title of this book I was like "That title is crazy. I have to read this book." I'm so glad I did. I really enjoyed the heck out of this book! I can't wait to read part 2. This book had a little bit of everything, romance, adventure, friendship, aliens, the world ending. You name it, it probably has it!
The characters were well and so was the story. It had me so intrigued and I had to keep going to see how it was going to end. I especially loved how the author incor
Bob Platypire
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is so much freaking fun! Obviously, I was gonna read it as soon as I saw the title, regardless of what genre it actually fell into. And, lucky for me, it was great! The characters are really well written, and I loved reading about them. The back and forths are awesome, and the story had a pretty good flow to it. It had a tendency to drag a little on occasion, but nothing that really brought me out of the story. I highly recommend this to anyone who needs a giggle.

Bob says: 4 Platypires!
Steven
Not my usual read but I gained a copy from The author for an honest review.

I’d never have thought you could mix Zachariah Stitchen’s theories with a hot & heavy romance & a comedy for geeks....and yet this book delivers all that in a fun & fast-paced story. I’ll be checking out more by this author simply from how much this book made me smile & snicker.
Jill Elizabeth
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an awesomely fun read this was! Abell has managed to write a clever, interesting, snarky conspiracy-alien-Annunaki-ancient civilizations tale that not only grabbed me from the first pages, it doggedly refused to let go until the bitter end... I tend to shy away from conspiracy theory stuff, it usually irks me. But this was so marvelous and darkly funny and twisted that I couldn't help but laugh out loud and flip pages faster and faster as the shenanigans wove on. On top of the clear, engagi ...more
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4 Stars*

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I spent a long time trying to come up with the right words to describe this book. I came to the conclusion that perhaps, there are none. It's a roller coaster ride from start to finish, with mentions of tons of conspiracy theories, pop culture references, nerdy jokes, and last but not least, romance with an alien. If I had to describe this book in one word, it would be hilarious.

Autumn meets
Michelle Parrish
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this for an honest review! OMG this book is so funny! I wait for the 2nd book! The characters are fun and well written and the story line is original. I don't like to be told about a book in detail, I like to know if I should read it and if the story is well written. SO YES AND YES!! Read this book!!
Ann
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unique, bizarre, interesting, funny, outlandish. Non-spoiler alert: the Earth is going to be destroyed.

I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I was angry when I originally finished Holy Crap!, but at the time it was unclear on Netgalley that it was book one of a trilogy. The author reached out and explained this, and with that understanding the unresolved ending makes sense. However, consider that a warning if you're someone who doesn't like diving into a series before
Jackie Severs
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
An unusual take on the end of the world as we know it. Autumn meets a hunky man in a bookstore and falls completely in love. It turns out Rigel is an alien, part of the race here to decide if humanity is worth having.
Autumn and Rigel battle against the odds to help save mankind. Along the way we find out the truth behind our myths and legends. A thoroughly enjoyable read.
Paul Franco
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
“It was a fairly warm night, a typical summer evening in Southern California.” You know that when a book starts like that, things are gonna get crazy. There’s also what might be the weirdest intro ever, but it sure did the job of preparing me for what was to come.
Which was basically: Earth is about to be destroyed; there’s a way to save humanity; some aliens want to, some don’t; aliens are among us, some of them very sexy; a seemingly ordinary girl is the Chosen One to save the planet.
It’s reall
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Oct 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
I have genuinely been putting this review off for weeks now. As a writer myself I understand how hard it is to sit down and write a book get it published then to have a stranger tell you that they don’t like it. Unfortunately that’s the case with this one.

I was drawn in by the quirky title and the sci-fi aspect of the story. It was showcased on NetGalley under the humour category but I think a lot of the humour went over my head.

I was expecting an action packed, funny, adventure, something along
Gerardeen Santiago
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Women looking for a fun, escapist read
O. M. G. And holy crap! What an awesome read! Once you pick up this book, girlfriends, you absolutely canNOT put it down! This is pure escapist fun: a breathless pace; a drop-dead-delicious, makes-you-salivate-like-dog-lookin'-at-a-bone-she-cannot-have, kinda he-man hero guy (so what if he's an alien? meh!); and a heroine you always wanted to be like. Hey, Autumn's got gorgeous auburn hair, a rockin' bod, the ability to eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and NOT GET FAT! -- and she SAVES THE WORLD, sun ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Anna-Marie Abell grew up in a trailer park. Well, several actually. Her trailer was on wheels so she got to experience the Pacific Northwest’s vast array of mobile home parks as her parents moved her from one to the other. Somewhere along the way, she got totally into UFOs. Probably because she was hoping extraterrestrials would come and abduct her. But they never did. Luckily for her she was smar ...more
“Who are we to know what achievements humans are capable of, what beauty we may create?” 1 likes
“We humans are capable of incredible things. Our emotions can either be our biggest strength or our biggest weakness.” 1 likes