Start by marking “In His Heart” as Want to Read:
In His Heart

In His Heart

Some things just need to be said before it’s too late...

When Detective Josh Morin is almost killed in a failed drug bust, the one thing that continues to haunt him are the words he never got to say to Olivia Firelli, his best friend’s sister.

I love you.

But even as the demons that haunt his recovery threaten to destroy their relationship and unfinished business from his pas
Published May 11th 2017 by Pronoun

To ask other readers questions about In His Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In His Heart

Karin
4.5 ✨✨✨

This was a sweet second chance romance about Olivia and Josh who were childhood friends, Josh always carried a torch for Olivia but hid it well cause he's her brothers best friend.

After tradegy brings Olivia back into Josh's life he pushes her away after a on the job injury almost costs him his leg. He really regrets pushing her away a second time but, doesn't know how to fix it at this point.

This was a quick read that made me want to go and read Finding Sam to get more on the back story
Sabrina Grosvenor
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book....some characters were new to me while some we met from the previously written book"Finding Sam" I really loved Josh. He has been in love with his best friend sister Olivia for a long time, but she moved away, got married and has a little girl. Her husband whose a race car driver dies suddenly n a car accident and Olivia returns home.
Josh's ex partner at work (who was dealing with drugs) got killed in a drug deal gone wrong. Josh was hurt resulting in him leaving
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
In His Heart is short, but heartfelt. Detective Josh Morin was injured on the job and almost lost his leg. During his rehab, he pushed away everyone: his best friend, Erik, Erik's younger sister, Olivia (also one of his best friends), even his parents. But, when he pushed Olivia away, he threw really harsh words at her, and she's stayed away since then. In the time since he pushed her away, Josh has just been moping around, bemoaning the loss of his career and that he's not the physical person h ...more
RoseyLovesBooks
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
In His Heart: A Novella by Liz Durano is Book 2 of the Finding Sam series and a Second Chance Romance

Detective Josh Morin has nightmares from a failed drug bust that leaves him weak knowing he'd never got to say "I love you Olivia Firelli" to the woman he'd crushed on since eighth grade. Josh had thought he had a chance with the beautiful Livvy, but then the shooting happened. Who would want to be stuck with a cripple like him? Livvy will never forget the night she found out her best friend Josh
Louise
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
The suspense in this book was very good and had you second and third guessing what would happen next. For a novella length book there was a lot of story packed into this, it flowed well and had me gripped.

I really liked Josh, he was incredibly well written and very likeable. He was struggling emotionally at the start of the book and although he was full of self-pity it was understandable. The author did an amazing job of pulling him out of this funk and turning his life around. I didn’t connect
Kari Hansen
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Josh was a police officer who was seriously injured and his dirty partner was killed on their last call. He wasn’t willing to let anyone help him especially his friend Olivia who also happens to be his best friend’s sister who he has always had feelings for. Two months ago when she visited trying to help he rudely pushed her away.

Olivia has had feelings for Josh ever since she was a child but when he refused to see her as anything else but a friend she moved on and got married, had a daughter an
Kat J
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Set after "Finding Sam", this book explores the attraction between Olivia & Josh (Erik's sister and best friend).

I am so glad that they have their own book and my only complaint is - WHY IS IT SO SHORT! It's great to see how Josh fights his demons and finally admits that he loves Olivia and vice versa. All it took was for Josh to almost die for the 2 of them to come to terms with what they were feeling.

There are so many sweet and tender moments in the story that I just want to reach in and h
Fiona Leung
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
In His Heart is a novella that can be read as a standalone or it can be a complementary read for Finding Sam.

Josh had been injured recently and nearly lost his life, he realised he hasn't said "I love you" to the one woman he really loves. He really wanted to, but he's afraid and he pushed her away. Olivia knows what she wants and she's out to get it. She bared her soul to Josh and let him know she's not afraid and is willing to move forward together.

This novella is a romantic suspense where the
BP34
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet second chance romance that requires a box of Kleenex. Well written with characters that you'll fall in love with. Josh and Olivia were childhood friends and she was always off limits because she was the sister of his best friend. Josh kept brushing her off so Olivia finally moved away, married some one and had a child. She returned home after her husband's tragic death and was thrown together with Josh who had lost a leg and continued to rebuke her. The chemistry between them was am ...more
Amy Johnson
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I volunteered to read this book in exchange for an honest review and I'm glad I did. I enjoyed "In His Heart" by Liz Durano. I'm fairly new to this author, having only read a couple of her other books and so far, each one has been different from each other. She does a great job appealing to different audiences and not just writing the same story over and over. This novella had some suspense elements to the story line and is the continuation of a story line and characters that were featured in an ...more
Margaret Watkins
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In His Heart is a really great novella, with loads of romance, attraction and out of control emotions, combined with some suspense and beautiful descriptions of the landscape. I thoroughly enjoyed this short read with an HEA. The attraction between Josh and Olivia was almost tangible and the emotional upheaval Josh was experiencing as a result of his severe injury was realistic. Depression after a incident such as he experienced is normal and it sometimes hits men harder than women as they aren' ...more
Cherry
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was a beautifully written story and I enjoyed every minute of reading it, I loved the story and I fell in love with the characters. It was romantic and the mystery didn't overshadow the romance. I loved the chemistry between Josh and Olivia, their history and their suppressed feeling for each other made it more interesting. I enjoyed reading from both their perspective. The mystery had me guessing and I did not see the ending coming, it was quiet a surprise. It's a story to be read by the rom ...more
Teresa Juckett
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a second chance at love, but I like to call it 2nd chance to get it right, because sometimes it does take the 2nd time to figure things out as Josh finds out for himself when he pushes everyone even Olivia his best friends sister whom he's been in love with away when he's shot in the line of duty. This maybe a short quick read, but it's packed full of suspense and drama and you can't help but fall in love with the main characters Josh & Olivia. If you haven't picked up this book yet ...more
Cindy
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a good short, quick read that is sweet and will keep you entertained until the end. It's a well written second chance romance that can be read alone, but I think it would be easier to understand if you read Finding Sam first. This story has well developed characters who have good chemistry and are easy to like. There is a tad bit violence and mystery, but it will definetely entertain you until the end. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
Juliana Ignácio
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didn't read "Finding Sam" before reading this story, so some things took a while to understand, but I loved this story! It was a quick and very interesting read.
Josh is undergoing a process of recovery after being almost killed while working undercover, which ends up driving him away from people, but Olivia doesn't give up helping him back to being the man he was before the incident. As they explore their feelings for each other, they must find out who is behind Josh.
This is a great story!
Linda
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A well-written novella with a hunk of a hero and the widow/heroine and long-time friend he never stopped loving. A great second chance romance with a bit of mystery and adventure as someone seems to have it in for the hero. Some steam and violence, but not too graphic.

I received an ARC of this book from the author at no cost. This is my honest review.
Ellen
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this story! Josh and Olivia have been best friends since childhood and have loved each other just as long but something has always kept them apart. I loved their friendship and their chemistry.
Laura Larocca
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book,the characters were well written and developed.Short but complete book had me rooting for Olivia and Josh to get the second chance at love and happiness they deserved.I read this book as an arc and this is my honest opinion.
Charity Chimni
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While In His Heart can be read as a stand alone... Now I want to read Finding Sam so I know the story for all of the characters! Josh tried avoiding life after his accident, little did he know Olivia wasn't going to give up. A story full of struggling, healing, strength, and love.
C bond
an ok quick read.
Pat
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline and characters that just pull you right into their story and keeps you totally enthralled until the very last page!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Cherie Maggi
Magni
Jun 27, 2017
Vanessa
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great quick and enjoyable read with rich characters in a second chance love story. With a childhood best friend that Josh longs for even though it's his best-friend sister, and a tragedy bring an almost missed connection it's a really sweet story of fighting for that second chance at happiness. Josh's past lends to the suspense of will they won't they get together after reconnecting with Olivia as they have a great history that comes with knowing each for years.

I received an ARC of th
Gigi
Jun 20, 2018
Beth McLeod
May 23, 2017
Rebeccat
Feb 11, 2019
Liz wrote her first story in eighth grade, a serial drama that was sneakily distributed throughout her homeroom classroom until the teacher got hold of it and she almost got suspended (turns out it was NSFW taboo). As a result, the principal transferred her to the Poetry Club so she could work all the angst out of her system.

Fast forward 2014 and Liz published her first book, Finding Sam, which w