Start by marking “Beast (Twisted Ever After, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beast (Twisted Ever After, #1)

Beast

(Twisted Ever After #1)

Once upon a time, I believed in fairytales.
But then he took me.
And he taught me that life isn’t a fairytale.
He is scarred. Broken.
A dark and wild thing.
His beauty is violent and his words are cruel.
His heart is a shadowed landscape where nothing can grow.
He tells me he could never care for me, and he proves it every day.
He’s destroyed my life.
Tortured me.
And wors
Published May 16th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Beast, please sign up.
♛ Jarusauskas I just read this and yes, I think this is a standalone. I'm almost 99% sure next book will be about another character.

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
I just didn't love this like I thought I would, sadly.

But luckily, I roll with the punches, and sometimes thems just be the breaks, son.

description

And since I'm not "middle class," I prefer to refer to myself as "Classy Cowboyed Up," I shall never admit defeat and continue on.

Before I do though, I'll give you the short version of why I didn't love this thing as much as I anticipated:

1) Despite this disclaimer:

"This book contains dark subject matter. Wait, let me rephrase that. This book contains DARK su
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*

"He is everything. The light and the dark. The solace and the pain. The torment and the peace. And I can't imagine not having him here with me. I can't even consider it."

photo 1495334867175.jpeg

Wow! What an ending! I've experiences ALL the emotions while reading this one, folks! My feelings mirrored Bella's. I started out curious and ended up in love. It was a tough journey at times, but one I definitely enjoyed and will likely revisit time and again. Beast is definitely not your grandmother's version of the story. Tw
Sarah Toussaint
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Aah! Thank God this is over!
Serves me right, though, with my OCD.
I have a thing with books. I rarely leave them unfinished no matter how torturous they are to continue.

Jesus.

The author warned that this was "dark" and maybe I'm a such a messed up person that nothing fazes me anymore, or this book wasn't dark at all or at least not enough to merit a warning.

It also wasn't entertaining,

despite the praises of it from some of my Facebook friends.

The heroine was soooooo boring! Her backstory and devel
Snow
4.5 "tale as old as time...
...as dark as it can be..." stars

A different take on Beauty and the Beast tale, taking us into a modern day, dark and intense story of a young woman Isabella Rossi , a star of a reality show, a woman that got swamped and suffocated by the highlights of the business industry machinery and she got lost, burying her own inner voice that seeks a different kind of outlet, one that no one has ever heard...and she longs for an escape...

Her life would suddenly change for th
Nazanin
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, dark
4 Stars

"Sing me a song, beauty.
With words only I can hear."

Wow, such a great story! I liked it and enjoyed it and I don’t know why! I really tried to hate it but I couldn’t. I hated and loved it at the same time! I liked that darkness and angst within it!
The cover is really beautiful and colorful but this story is black and white, beast and beauty! I like this cover but I think it can’t show the true story of this book. it doesn’t show the real beast who lives I this story.

Isabella is a famous s

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

DNF @ 53%

I was intrigued by this book because I enjoyed what I'd read of this author's Boston Underworld series. Also, my interest was piqued because several dark romance readers I follow said that this book was too dark for them to finish. How dark is too dark, I wondered?

Isabella is a singer/personality who sold out for pop music in order to sell more records. Her father has weird government ties and an association to a mysterious and da
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I LICKED THE COVER SO HE'S DEFINITELY MINE * SORRY NOT SORRY*

WARNING "This book contains DARK subject matter.
Please read at your own discretion.”

BEAST by A. Zavarelli is the first in this contemporary romance series (Twisted Ever After) and is the darkest this author has ever gone before, reader discretion is advised. This is not a fairy tale, there are no unicorns farting glitter, it’s dark, it’s sick and gritty, and it’s insanely good. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’

This review is on
DW
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received Beast from the author for an honest review!!

I have decided that Zavarelli is wicked. She plays with my emotions on so many levels. I can never prepare myself enough. I cry, scream, curse, curse and then curse more because I am an emotional wreck afterwards.

Now that that is out of the way, let's review this baby.

This is not a romance in the least.

Let's start with Javi.. He is cruel, dark and very disturbed. He has an obsession and her name is Bella. Javi's goal is to torture her unt
Selene
Genre: Romance (dark)
Setting: Somewhere in Moldavia
Cover art: 5/5
POVs: Dual, 1st person
Triggers: Yes. (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)

Ray Rossi is missing. His daughter, Isabella, is barely holding on by a thread while she waits to hear more news about his mysterious disappearance. She's a public figure marketed as a pop princess and can't take a leave of absence to search after him while at the height of her career.

Javie
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

Everyone loves a good fairytale. Whether it’s the knowledge of knowing were going to get a happily-ever-after or just being giddy and embracing the childhood dream, fairytales has always been a long standing love of ours. But this book wasn’t your ordinary story of prince charming coming to the rescue and riding off in the sunset with birds chirping in the background. As the tagline so eloquently stated, “This isn’t your mother’s fairytale”, they are so freakin right! Prince charming ladies and
warhawke
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fairytale lovers
Genre: Dark Romance/Fairytale Retelling
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Isabella (Bella) Rossi's passion was music. Unfortunately, she was jaded after being manufactured as a pop princess. Her popularity started to become a burden especially after her father's disappearance

Javier Castillo was a recluse who lived in the shadows. Coming from a dark past, he had only one thing on mind - revenge. But things get complicated when his path veered the other way around.

Before I was an adu
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
I can't review this book because it was more than I expected. I'll figure it out soon enough what I'm going do/write.
Sh3lly
Apr 30, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: added-2017-tbr

This author has me wrapped around her little finger after Boston Underworld. I need dis!

Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
 photo DAw2Lc1XkAA2Jis_zpsjrr4fti4.jpg

⭐⭐⭐⭐STARS
Release Date-17/5/17

Beast (Twisted Ever After, #1) is a really dark twisted tale loosely inspired by Beauty and the Beast and it was so deliciously despicably good.
It was a tale of right and wrong where the boundary lines were ever so much blurred and obscured.
And begs the overall question is an eye for an eye fair.
And is it right that the innocent should pay the cost for the sinner's actions.
That the horrors once visited upon your head you bestow on a blameless young girl ultimately t
Akiko
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
So, there are many reasons why I should be disturbed with my inner psyche for enjoying this book...I'll blame it on the fact that I loved Disney's Beauty and the Beast as a child, and anything relating to that story line piques my interest.

I enjoyed much about this story! In the first half there are many triggers: some self harm, knife-play & blood, and questionable human interactions in general. This book is of the darker variety, but not the darkest I've read.

Isabella Rossi (Bella) is a po
Jacqueline's Reads
May 17, 2017 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF 37%

This will be hard for me to do because I really like this author. I liked her earlier books because it was filled with steam and the storyline was just my jive. Her mafia series is pretty good too and so I was excited to see a different genre from this author. Also I love her Facebook posts because I find the author sweet and genuine.

I also wanted to write my reasons why I didn’t finish because I don’t usually send them in an email anymore.

I SIMPLY didn’t connect with the characters on
Aisling Zena
Mar 19, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle-freebie
This is one of those rare times I want to read a book simply for it's cover and title. No clue what the plot is. But that cover!
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This was a failed attempted at reading outside my comfort zone. Beast was just too dark and twisty for me. There is damaged heroes and then theres Javi *shudders* The whole stockholm syndrome thing was not romantic, the "Hero" (and I use the term very very loosely), Javier, is horrible and not redeemable at all. The fact that he enjoys and gets aroused by the h's tears was all kinds of wrong. Especially since he enjoys causing her to cry, in pain, in misery, in anger, and he especially enjoys wh ...more
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Trigger Warning: This is a dark romance novel. It contains scenes such as abuse, kidnapping and degradation. This book is not for everyone and read at your own risk.

Beast is a dark romance retelling of Beauty and the Beast. It's fast-paced, edgy and gritty. Multiple times the scenes made me uncomfortable and it's definitely cringe worthy. The book is about a popular singer Isabella Rossi. Being a Pop Princess is not what she wanted to be. It doesn't speak to her soul but for publicity she will.
Jos
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Hot, Wicked and VERY Sexy Stars!!!!!!!

Wow do I love this author and her books. Her storylines are captivating, her characters are intoxicating and her writing style never ceases to amaze me:)

OK, now there is a warning at the start of the book hat this is a DARK read......Please heed the warning because there is nothing that makes me more angry than when an author clearly states a warning and yet readers will get mad and give low stars BECAUSE of what they were already warned about....ughhhhhh
Honey~psychopaths&stalkers
6 "I DID NOT EXPECT TO LOVE THIS BOOK. AT ALL" STARS!

description

Man, I devoured this book in one sitting. I have forgotten how much I adore my dark reads book. This is what I have been missing for the past couple of days. I'm on dark reads binge again.

This book is somehow similar to Take Me with You in certain aspects. I have only read her Boston Underworld series (only two of them) and her other works did not appeal to me so I was debating whether I should indulge in this book or not.

Best decision ever
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
R. Kitt
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Disturbing subject matter.

Not the most twisted romance I've read, but there are definitely twisty/disturbing/questionable things in this one. A Beauty and the beast theme is embedded in this story, as the title would suggest.
Marjorie  W.
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS
Jess
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've never read anything by A. Zavarelli, and I don't know if I will again. That's not because I didn't like her writing-in fact, BEAST is extremely well written. I just don't think I can get behind this genre. I'm not knocking anyone who can, it was just way too intense for me. It was too raw and disturbing.

That life, if you can call it that, was far too morose for me. I gave it a go. I finished it. And in all honesty, I was consumed by it. I couldn't even try to actively NOT think about it. J
Kiri Fiona
May 10, 2017 marked it as to-read
Don't know what it's about. Don't care. Just want to absorb that guy on the cover right into my soul. Not soul... oh, what's the word?

Mansi
Edit:

Not what I was expecting that's for sure. It was borderline... um....messed up. Some scenes didn't sit well with me.

I wasn't fully convinced with the h n H falling in love with each other. The hero I understood... he was messed up in the head and obsessed with her... but why she fell in love with him so fast just make me question if she was fucked up in the head to. What she was feeling was totally Stockholm Syndrome. I wasn't buying the whole true love tale from her side.

It was a nice r
Michelle
Love the cover! But the book not so much! I tried to get into this one but it wasn't working for me. I wasn't feeling anything while reading. I also didn't really think it was all that dark. I guess because I've read dark books before. lol
I think my biggest issues was I didn't like the h:((

I loved other books by this author so hopefully I'll try more of her books in the future:)) Glad it was KU!
Jennymort ♔ Dark Lordette
description

I read this in one sitting, while here at work not even working. And I can't. My fucking feels y'all. I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW.

I'm going to be reading this again tomorrow so I can make notes and do updates because..... y'all. This story is sooooo fucked up.

oi;sdfxcsdk.sjnkdcujhndksjnksdc.
*boom* There goes my mind.

Jennymort Out.
____________________________________

description

How. In. The. Fuck. Did. I. Not. Know. This. Was. A. Thing?!

Why the hell is there no fucking blurb!!??!?!?

Sunny
Jun 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dark
I guess I now know my hard limit for dark romance. I consider myself an open-minded person, but I could not get past the violence in this book.

I cannot fault the author for her writing. As a fan of her Boston Underworld series, some of my favorite dark and edgy books, I expected to be drawn in and hooked. Maybe that is part of the problem. Like watching a terrible accident about to happen, I could not look away no matter how graphic the torture.

There are a lot of triggers and should be careful
  • My Sworn Enemy, My Secret Lover (Captured #2)
  • The Salvation of Daniel (Blue Butterfly #2)
  • Filthy 4 (Filthy, #4)
  • Tied (Voyeur, #2)
  • Still Thicker Than Water
  • Forbidden Love Unchained: The Complete Novel
  • In the Land of Gods and Monsters, Part One (Gods & Monsters Book 1)
  • Ripple Effect (Ripple Effect, #1-4)
  • Lily (Captive to the Dark, #4)
  • One Filthy Man
  • Perfectly Normal (The Beast, #2)
  • Dishonorable (The Amado Brothers #1)
  • Bad Habits
  • His Witness (Vittorio Crime Family, #4)
  • Animal (Animal, #1)
  • Enslaved
  • Fallen Snow (The NOVA Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Messy and Shattered (Abduct, #1)
A. Zavarelli is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author.

She likes all things chocolate, books that come with warnings, and putting her characters through hell. Her tales have been known to flirt with darkness and sometimes court it unabashedly altogether. Revenge themes and tortured souls are her favorites to write and this gives her an excuse to watch bizarre and twisted documentaries in her s
“Beautiful things were meant to be broken. ” 6 likes
“Javi is the poison I drink so willingly because nothing else has ever tasted so sweet. He is everything. The light and the dark. The solace and the pain. The torment and the peace. And I can't imagine not having him here with me. I can't even consider it.” 5 likes