Start by marking “Never Look Back (Paranormal Huntress #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Look Back (Paranormal Huntress #1)

Never Look Back

(Paranormal Huntress #1)

USA Today Bestselling author, W.J. May, brings you to a new level of fantasy. Fans of Underworld and paranormal worlds will love this story!

"The wise learn many things from their enemies."

My name's Atlanta Skolar, and I’m a huntress. No, not the vampire-slaying type, or the ever-brooding Winchester brothers from Supernatural. I live a relatively normal life—during the d
Published June 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Never Look Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Look Back

Marta Cox
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Atlanta is a Hunter, a Slayer, a Druid and perhaps even a Witch. She's also at school and whilst she lacks a team of 'Scoobies' she most definitely reminded me at times of a certain tv heroine. Yes there's a guardian to watch over her and yes we get Vampires and Werewolves too. Perhaps the most original thing here though is her enemy and exactly what they are capable of. I liked the ideas but occasionally the execution felt a wee bit disjointed. There are surprises along the way but it's a huge ...more
Nikki Landis
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was a unique twist on vampires and weres, including the Druids who add an interesting element to this mix. Atlanta is a slayer with a frightening and overwhelming destiny that at times is almost too much for her to bear. Befriending both vampires and weres, she faces a new enemy that will test her in every way.

I liked her character but at times wished she spoke out more often about what she felt and thought. This novel is the first in a series so I understand why we are left with more
Kandy
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Werewolves, Vampires, Druids and Witches. Who could ask for anything more. A very good book with great characters. Bring on the next one.
Nicole Heffernan
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Note: I received an advanced review copy in exchange for my honest review.

I never include in any review spoilers of any kind..so you won't find that here.
Now if you've never read anything by the author this is a great start. W.J. May is at it again with an amazing series, and yes I say this after just having read this one book. It's paranormal, with a touch of love interest thrown in and of course somehow she throws in mystery too.

It's got an amazing main lead (a female of course) and a totally
Cat
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A decent start to a new series. There are a lot of unanswered questions and this book was interesting enough to make me want to continue reading.

The heroine of the book is likable enough. She's had a rough life so far, but she gets by with the help of her Uncle, who's raised her. She has a best friend I wasn't very fond of but whatever. There's a relationship or two that need a bit more explanation IMHO, but again this is just the first book.

I like the overall premise of the book; you don't get
Patricia White
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book was fantastic!! Loved the characters!! Book had my attention from beginning to end!! Can't wait for the remaining books!!!
Maggie Vitela
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just wanted to say that i love this author. She has always engaged me in all her books. Which I have read more than half her books, almost all of them, and have never been let down. And this one did not let me down at all. With enough of a back story to keep me turning pages this is going to be a real good series. You meet our young lady, in high school, with some very important secrets to keep from her best friend. But when an ancient enemy finally decides to come back, her uncle is frantic t ...more
Tamara
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I love this book. Atlanta is a huntress. She lives in a town that is full of supernatural history. Her uncle took her in when she was young and trains her to protect the town. She is a high school student by day and a huntress by night. She has to deal with werewolves and vampires to maintain the peace in the town. A must read to find out more about Atlanta and those around her. Why did her uncle have to take her in? Who is her best friend? W. J. May makes her characters very interesting with un
Jane Elizabeth
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story started out with a BIG BANG, and didn't slow down, even at the end!?
The character development is perfect, enough background to get you going, but enough information withheld to have you yearning for more, keeping a bit of mystery in the mix.
Atlanta is a teenager and a druid. She was raised by her uncle James after her parents were killed in a car accident. Now she is learning she is much more...
The story involves druids, vampires, werewolves, and witches. Just imagine what a war with
Nicole
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Never Look Back by W.J. May is book 1 in the YA Paranormal Huntress Series.

I havnt read anything of W. J. Mays before and I found this book easy to read and understand. I also liked the writing style, the plot and the characters. It felt like an original story in amongst the overly saturated genre of YA paranormal that is currently available.

It was a short but enjoyable read that ends on a cliffhanger but continues with book 2 which is to released later this month. I'm looking forward to seeing
Nikki
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Right away, I was hooked and did not want to stop reading! Once the action and intrigue starts, it does not stop. It had a great twist at the end that I didn't see coming. It even cleared up a part that had left me extremely confused earlier in the book. The ending is very abrupt and leaves you with a lot of unanswered questions to set up for the anticipation of more sequels. This was a very exciting read and can't wait to see w
S Spurr
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Within a few minutes of reading you're hooked!

This is the first of a new series & is a fast paced page turner.

It doesn't take long for you to feel for the characters & lose yourself in their world.

Atlanta is an orphan.
She & her uncle are the last of their race.
They are the peace keepers between the werewolves and the vampires.

A lot of responsibility for one so young.

I really enjoyed this start to a new series & I can't wait for the next instalment!
Mary Mccormack
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy of this book for a honest review. On a paranormal spectrum you can't ask for more! Vampires, werewolves, druids, and witches all looking for a balance in the world. Briefly touched on a possible love story assuming they all survive. Definitely a good start to a series.
Susan Landowski
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and can't wait for next in series. The storey is interesting, characters are fairly developed and this was fast paced and great entertainment. Give this book a try.
Karin Corneau
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Downloaded this on a whim from Instafreebies.

First, I offer my sincere apologies for the author as I hate leaving bad reviews, but I did not enjoy this book even a little. I gave it 2 stars, because I actually managed to read up to the 75% mark. I know you're probably thinking, why didn't you just keep going, but I honestly couldn't. My eyes were glazing over with boredom and I just had to stop reading.

The first thing that bothered me was the cover/title of the book. The title was intriguing e
Bonnie Dale Keck
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Not kindle unlimited. Got this as one of my they give me a free book and hope I review it type things, and all I get is a free copy of the book and yes all opinions are mine and so on and so forth.

This story seemed to leave me with more questions than answers. Wrong key, then why did it work, and why did they not have to do what they did before? If the house is protected how could the one person gain free entry but not the other? Does the red and green in colors and auras have anything to do wi
Amber
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never Look Back is a breathlessly imaginative and highly entertaining paranormal series that will set your heart and mind on fire. This is a treasure of a read, and it will delight and engage every step of the way. You will not be disappointed as there are just enough twists and turns to keep you on your toes and second guessing what happens next. If you enjoy being hopelessly enthralled and completely engaged in your story, then this is a perfect read for you!

I was in awe of the fact that I hav
Nicole Heffernan
Note: I received an advanced review copy in exchange for my honest review.

Never Look Back is the beginning of a new series by W.J. May, if you haven't read any of the authors work before this will be a great read to start with. I really liked the story, the characters and the new world the author is giving us. If you have read anything by her before this one won't disappoint.

Considering this is book 1 of 3, you never really know what to expect. I found once I had finished it was a great read but
Teri
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Atlanta is orphaned as a baby and raised by her uncle. As the last peacekeepers between the Vamps and Were's they are responsible for ensuring peace and guarding the key to the door, except Atlanta doesn't have the details. As the start of the series it does lay a foundation and leaves many questions to be answered throughout the series.

As the first book of the series I would have liked a little more foundation for the story and characters personally but there is plenty of action and some backg
Alice
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
We need to be strong for each other.

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

If you are liking Baffy (an old TV-show) and the Underworld movies, than this book is for you. Very light and easy reading. Only in the end you reealise that this is not over! Well, we will be waiting what next!

I would have liked to read more foundation, more about this town, about characters, why all this points are so important. More details! Because right now this book is boring (for me). We
Sharon
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
the beginning the book was bit confusing as I struggled to make sense of it, but nearing the end things started to flow together, a lot of holes to cover, but I am guessing that with the next book more light is going to be she'd, ending would have sucked if it didn't end the way it did , I love the books of W.J May and am looking forward to the next book
Mandy Stump
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Cannot believe how it turned out. Ryan turned on her. She lost her uncle and she did the one thing she wasn't suppose to. Her friend was not who she said and now more is to come. Not any of it good.
Elizabeth
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the book but times I did not like Atlanta. She second guessed herself too much. I thought she was so much tougher. I guessed about her friend from the beginning.
KC
This book was...okay. It gave a lot of information in a short time, but the plot was iffy - inconsistent and not executed as well as it could have been - and the writing was not quite for me.
Jessica
Sep 09, 2017
Amber Daniels
Mar 31, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Approaching Night (Seluna, #1)
  • First Date with Destiny (The Destiny Collection, #1)
  • Afterlife (The Swarm Trilogy, #2)
  • Forbidden Life (Forbidden, #3)
  • The Caledonian Inheritance (The Athena Effect #3)
  • Web of Bones (Dragon Mage, #2)
  • When Fully Fused (Schasm #3)
  • Between a Wolf and a Hard Place - Parts 1-6 (NorCal Shifters, #1)
  • The Prophecy (A Dragon's Tale, #1)
  • Marked by Destiny
  • Duty Bound (Angelbound Origins #0.5)
  • Ajax's Harpy Holiday (Dragonfin Mated #1)
  • Sky Ghosts: Marco (Sky Ghosts, #1.5)
  • God Of Fire
  • Unchained
  • Graveyard Rose (The Rose Chronicles, #1)
  • What Once Was One (The Passage of Hellsfire, #2)
  • Fallen Ashes (Fated & Forbidden #6)
Wanita May grew up in the fruit belt of Ontario - St.Catharines. Crazy-happy childhood, she always has had a vivid imagination and loads of energy.

The youngest of six -- four older brothers, and a sister -- taught her at a young age to be competitive in all aspects of life.

At sixteen, she began competing in athletics (track and field) and before she turned seventeen, she was representing Canada

Paranormal Huntress (3 books)
  • Coven Master (Paranormal Huntress Series Book 2)
  • Alpha's Permission (Paranormal Huntress #3)