Start by marking “The Goddess's Choice (Kronicles of Korthlundia, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Goddess's Choice (Kronicles of Korthlundia, #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

The Goddess's Choice

(Kronicles of Korthlundia #1)

Alternate cover edition for B071RQ786T

In a world where the corrupt church hides the truth about magic, the fate of the joined kingdom falls on the shoulders of two young people from opposite ends of the social hierarchy.

Crown Princess Samantha’s life begins to fall apart when she starts seeing strange colors around her potential suitors. She fears that she’s going insane-
Kindle Edition, Expanded; 2nd edition, 59 pages
Published June 15th 2017 by Bewitching Fables Press

To ask other readers questions about The Goddess's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Goddess's Choice

Start your review of The Goddess's Choice (Kronicles of Korthlundia, #1)
Dianne
Seeing people’s character through their auras would come in handy, right? Wish I had that ability when I bought one of my cars… For Samantha, her ability could be deadly, she is the princess of the realm and evil is stalking her father’s kingdom. The day she met Robrek, an outcast commoner, his aura was like none she had ever seen. He was able to heal and “ talk” with animals and his pure goodness and power was as colorful as a rainbow, but the pain and suffering he has endured at the hands of h ...more
 CCAM&GZM
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Often, authors allow us to have their books for nothing. Thank you! Sometimes, among these offers, I discover some quite lively, charming stories. The Goddess’ Choice, book #1 of the Kronicles of Korthlundia (which was waiting for its turn since almost three years ago) is one of these stories.

It is a fantasy book (not quite an epic one even if it has a lot of the genre elements) which was presented by some readers as a young adult. Because of some very short, but with impact scenes, I have some
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
3 stars...An Entertaining Fantasy

Rival nations, united with a royal marriage and skillfully unified by a fair king, have lived in harmony for fifty years. Now the aged king has assigned his daughter the task of selecting her consort. Power-hungry men eagerly seek the young princess’s attention. Robrek Angusstamm, a farmer’s son with a Goddess-given gift with animals, captures Samantha’s heart. Conspiracies and dark magic threaten the kingdom’s stability, as the princess and amihealer struggle to
InD'tale Magazine
An entertaining fantasy about star-crossed lovers, mortal peril, and personal struggle in the face of evil.

Read full review in the 2013 May issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Nadine
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Someone is wanting to give G.R.R Martin a run for his money I am telling you!

No dragons are involved in the story here, but I am talking more about the overall style and detailed writing. Though, we dod not have really specific time markers and I hope i am not mistaken, this book takes place over an about 2 year period where we meet Robbie and Samantha as they are both going through their life together and separately all the way until they come finally really together in the end.

Though the book
Isabel
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the author and netgalley that gave me this for free for an review.

I liked this book a lot. It's a fun read and has a good vibe over it. The pacing is good and I I am super glad I have read it. It probably isn't something you haven't read before but it's super good!
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
The Goddess's Choice is an epic fantasy that is not for the young (only the young at heart) as there are scenes in it which some readers may find disturbing.

The King is in his 90's, his daughter is in her teens. He wants her to choose a consort for when he dies, she doesn't want any of them that suck up to her. By contrast, Robbie is also in his teens, but living on a farm where his brother and his father both beat him. He has an aptitude for healing, but never sees any benefits from it. These t
Cassi aka Snow White Haggard
The Goddess's Choice was very difficult to rate. I really like the overall story. It has a lot going for it. But there are very obvious flaws that are hard to ignore. If I could take a red pen to certain sections I would wholeheartedly recommend this book, but I can't pick and choose which parts to review. Yet I can't say reading this book is a bad choice either. I know, I'm being terrible reviewer right now.

The Good
-Samantha is very believable. As a child I was very much like Samantha. She's a
Jasmine M
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not until I finished this book did I realize – through someone else's review- that this book is a retelling of a fiery tale, that was an "Aha" moment like my brother likes to call them, I realized why did I just keep reading and couldn't leave the book until I finished it

Let's get back to the beginning, I don't read fiery tales retelling, well that's not true, I've read some good ones, really good ones, but I'm always apprehensive around those books, I mean you should be really good to be able
M.L. Chesley
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an awesome read! Now, I first have to warn you that this is absolutely an 18+ read. There is some sexual bits and language.

With that out of the way, let me just say I was sucked into this story from the moment I began. The story moves along at a very good pace, not too fast but not slow, either. The world is well developed as are the characters. It kept me up long into the night, reading. I didn't want to put it down until I was finished.

Samantha is a strong female character and Robrek
Maya Reader
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the paperback version of this book. I was pleasantly surprised with the depth and character driven plots that emerged among the magic. I appreciated the clever way each character’s “abilities” were revealed and the potentially realistic qualities given to them. Instead, they were introduced more as powers acquired at birth or through life changes. Each character was well-developed and it was as easy to hate the bad guys as it was to understand their perspectives in some ways. I was a bit ...more
Henry Sienkiewicz
Wonderful read - I ran into Jamie by chance at a MarsCon in Williamsburg, and didn't quite know what to expect. I picked it up and essentially read it straight through. Looking forward to reading the next one :)
Nina
Provided copy from the author in exchange for honest review

Though the story is a bit slow in progressing, I quite liked it. I liked how Jamie put everything in places, even if I had to read many long naratives.
Mieneke
The Goddess's Choice is a retelling of the Norwegian fairy tale The Princess on the Glass Hill  and while I hadn't heard of the story before, I do love fairy-tale retellings, so it was interesting to see how Jamie Marchant incorporated the fairy-tale elements in The Goddess's Choice. She succeeds quite well and apart from some problems with the writing and some quibbles with characterization, the book is a largely successful narrative, which managed to charm and entertain me for most of its p ...more
Sandra
May 31, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, own-it
Somewhere between 3 & 4 stars. Mostly kept me engaged but did drag a little in parts because its was loooong. I liked it but would have enjoyed it more if it had been condensed and less drawn out. In particular, Robbie's suffering and Sam's dilemma over a consort were too drawn out. I liked the two meetings Sam & Robbie had - especially how the first one at the horse fair happened early enough so we weren’t waiting half a book for their story’s to intersect BUT these two meetings were too brief ...more
E. Sabin
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fantasy novel grabs the reader from the first sentence and doesn’t let go until the last. It’s filled with interesting characters, unusual magic, especially horses so magical they’re a bit over the top, a princess in peril, plot twists that keep the reader guessing, and loads of suspense. The plot is sufficiently riveting to allow me to suspend disbelief in the amazing abilities of the magical horses. The cover refers to the novel as “Book One of the Kronicles of Korthundia,” so the reader ...more
Kitty_ranma
Oh my my my, this is the first time I've read Jamie Marchant but it won't be the last. This is a great beginning for a series. I can't wait for more of this, I want to say more about this story but I absolutely hate spoilers, so I won't go into details.
Reasons I enjoyed this book:
Witty, Romantic, Wonderful characters, Page-turner, Great world building, Unpredictable, Original, Easy-to-read, Entertaining, Action-packed.
Bookshelves/tags:
Choose shelves...
adventure, cliffhanger, fantasy, favorites,
A Fantasy Muse
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can find all my reviews at my blog: www.afantasymuse.com

"The Goddess's Choice" by Jamie Marchant

This is the story of a young man from the country and a young princess in need of a consort to rule the kingdom. The young country boy, Robbie, or Robrek, lives with his father and brother on a farm in the kings lands. The princess, Samantha, lives in the castle with the king and is trying her best not to marry anyone just because she has too.

Robbie is an outcast from his family and the town he
Rhonda Hicks
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jamie Marchant is a new author for me and the genre is not one I usually follow, but the cover and teaser intrigued me enough to see what it was all about.
The storyline flows with magic making this an easy read. It's slow building but picks up as things move along. The characters are well developed that there is a unique interaction between Robbie, the handsome peasant, and Samantha, the princess. The emotional element to the storyline and the characters interaction will allow you to feel what t
Cheree Castellanos Edits
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book!! There is so much going on, and so many crazy heart wrenching lives to read about, I almost feel guilty for loving it so much. But through all that these characters go through and experience, you find that you love them or hate them fiercely! I found myself lost in this story and missing it when I wasn't reading it.
Magic, love, hate, torture, hero's, and a story that will never stop blowing your mind!
Fans of Game of Thrones will LOVE this series!
Mai
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I received a copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Goddess Choice is an epic and entertaining fantasy novel with likeable main characters and a very compelling world-build: I especially liked the concept of auras. Rodrek was my favorite and I enjoyed the scenes with him the most. The book had some slow parts, that dragged a bit - but overall I really liked it.
Tanya
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
they are thrown together and they are from different sides of society, she is a crown princess, he is a farm boy, he wants revenge while she sees strange colours around the suitors who come for her. her father is being controlled by a evil person and they must try to stop them. will they be able to work together? where will it all go? follow their adventures

Barbara
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an NC17 compelling tale which took me a month to read (with far too many nights seeing me turning pages past midnight). At 577 pages for the story itself (there are another 15 pages from the start of the sequel), this is a commitment of time on the scale of Dickens or War and Peace, but totally worth it. I read an Advance Reader Copy but you will get no spoilers from me. This voluntary review is my own opinion.
Dawn
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic story! Lots of wonderful characters and full of magic and hidden agendas. A Princess must fend off nobles flocking to marry her to get to the throne. And a peasant healer battles prejudice from his family as he trains for a mysterious destiny. This story is very character driven as it delves into adventure, legend, magic, and love. I couldn't stop reading! Can't wait to get into the second book of this series.
Angelique
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Draws you in

The Goddess's Choice pulled me into the story, captivating me. I didn't want it to end. The princess, who loves a man, and still does everything she can to save herself is a good change from the traditional princess story. That she did have a man to love, who also loved her, enriched the tale.
Susan Peacock
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twists and turns, awesome fights, brilliant progression. Sometimes myths can become fact. Dedicated love, loss, and family feuds. Who could ask for more in a book that kept me up at night as I wanted to know what happens next.
Some strong characters from the beginning, others learning to be, as the story continued. Well worth a read!
Renee Marski
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely utterly amazing!

If you havent read this book then you should! Princess Samantha is charming and smart, the perfect princess. Robbie is a boy any girl could love. He has baggage but with the help of his horses he overcomes that. And just in time too. With battles and a contest to win the Princess's hand, you wont be sorry you picked this up!
Barbara
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A story of magic that grabbed me on the first page and kept my interest until the last one, well-written and well worth reading. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Pageann Ewers
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 1

It was a hard book to put down, I look forward to reading more of this line of books . They are great books to put the rest of the world s problems on hold for a while.
Audrey
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness!

I couldn't put the book down. Jamie wove all the different characters together in the story and I felt like I was there. Looking for the next one.
« previous 1 3 next »

• What Was I Thinking?
  • Malice
  • Poisoned Pawn
  • The Great Witches Baking Show (Great Witches Baking Show #1)
  • His Last Ride (A 425 Madison Novel, #12)
  • The Kiss List (Love List #1)
  • Dreams of Mariposa
  • On The Devil's Side of Heaven
  • You Will Have a Black Labrador
  • All Geek to Me (Words for Nerds #1)
  • Finding Jackson
  • The Last Atlantian
  • Echoes from the Veil
  • LUMINA: Volume 1 - The Dragonlite Legacy
  • The Prophecy
  • Never Kiss a Stranger
  • Love Overboard
  • Pixieland Diaries
Jamie began writing stories about the man from Mars when she was six, and she never remembers wanting to be anything other than a writer. Everyone told her she needed a back up plan, so she pursued a Ph.D. in American literature, which she received in 1998. She started teaching writing and literature at Auburn University. One day in the midst of writing a piece of literary criticism, she realized ...more

Kronicles of Korthlundia (3 books)
  • The Soul Stone (Kronicles of Korthlundia, #2)
  • The Shattered Throne (Kronicles of Korthlundia, #3)