Start by marking “Hopechest (The SOS, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hopechest

Kailee Reese Samuels

Hopechest

(The SOS #4)

Kaci agreed to the most important question of her life.
And then she had her fiancé taken hostage.

He played her game and trained for battle.
And now he is completely unprepared to lose.

Loving her once, Sal fell for her eccentric, wild pixie. She used her abilities—aiming her target to get revenge—but Kaci stumbled into a dangerous love, putting Sal through a gut-wrenching
Published July 4th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Hopechest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hopechest

Mimiorphee
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
With each new book of the Juliet universe, I'm more and more impressed by Kailee Reese Samuels' talent. Hopechest reaches a whole new level of intricacy, the depth of the plot, and the connections between the characters utterly mesmerized me. I'm warning you, Kailee's universe is seriously addicting and even a little obsessing! Truths hide new lies and revelations only bring out more questions. KRS is brilliant, she plays with her readers' minds, chances are you won't know what's going to hit yo ...more
Kathleen R.
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

5 amazing stars

The thing with D/s relationships is that it's so much more than just kink. It's about discovering what makes you tick, what makes you unique, and most of all, it's about discovering who you are by trying new, different and sometimes scary things. Sal, after having fallen in love with Kaci so many years ago, had to discover what it meant to live again even after she left. There's nothing more harder than having to find yourself after such a terrible loss, and even more so whe
Em Dorsey ~ Two Darlin Dolls and a Book Review ~
Read on behalf of Two Darlin' Dolls and a Book Review.

Possible spoilers...

"Pull the Hope out of your soul."

Hopechest is a beautifully written, emotional book. If you have read Juliet then you kind of know what you're getting into but it does not lessen the blow at all. I took my time savoring this book, honestly I needed time to process my emotions. I loved how the story was told. It guts you from the beginning and then explains why you're heart is breaking.

"A hysterical ache took hold, ripping
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I am so enjoying this authors books. This is book four in The SOS series. Each book can be read as a standalone. If you haven't read any of these books I really do recommend you start with book one and read in order as this is such a great series.

This is Sal and Kacis story. I felt the author wrote this in such a wonderful way that I was going on their journey with them. I felt that the author had me on an emotional roller coaster.

This author can't write fast enough for me. I loved this book a
Sheena
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Compelling…

Finally the boy becomes a man in the fourth of this addictive series…gone is the submissive who is searching for his true self and in his place stands the dominant… Sal and Kaci have their story told in this book and there has seldom been a more conflicting emotional relationship than the one they are embarked upon..

Once again the author has created an enthralling read..the characters continue to grow and develop and at the heart is Kaci so unselfish and kind and Sal who faces so much
Nerdy
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kailee Reese Samuels never fails to touch my emotional buttons like a skilled technician. Hopechest did not fail in its endeavor to make me cry, curse, and laugh. I love Sal and will always love him. Watching him grow and beat out the odds against him has become a priority in my literary life. KRS breaks him, rolls him around in the mud, then raises him back up like phoenix being reborn. He isn't just fighting himself or another in book 4 of the SOS Series; he is fighting fate itself. I love the ...more
Romaine Heart
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hopechest is Sal and Kaci's love story. With only six months to live, Kaci helps Sal find his dominant side. So many unanswered question that keeps you intrigued, craving the next book! I would definitely recommend this series!
Jennifer - You Can't Resista Dirty Book
How do you go on when the one you love is taken from you? Can you ever truly get over what it is they meant to you? Sal Raniero has now had to do this twice in his short life. Sal loved Kaci with his entire being, even though he knew she did not have long to go when they married he was still not prepared for the huge gaping hole that Kaci has left in his soul.

Sal is broken, torn and left in a puddle on the floor. He cannot see a way out, usually he uses sex to make himself feel better but has n
Jessica
This book was great. I loved how it started with the pain Sal was going through and flashed back to happier memories and how Kaci helped make him an overall better man, lover, sub, and dom. Most of my many questions were answered throughout this book and it really made me want to read "Juliet" again with fresh eyes; knowing all that I know now.

There's so much symbolism and meaning throughout this entire book- nothing Kaci does isn't without meaning and teaching behind it. The various scenarios
Gemma Pritchard
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of amo and Sarah's book corner.

I've loved every book in this series but I have to say hopechest is my favourite.

We start off with a broken Sal after losing the only person that ever made him love something. Everybody is sent in to save Sal and bring him back to his dominant self, so we get to see some great charactera come back.

We then get sent back in the book to 2010 when Sal and Kaci find each other again and once and for all get married we see the ups and downs and back an
Joy Westerfield
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of Kailee Reese Samuels and have read all her books and was highly excited to read Hopechest. She doesn't disappoint! This is the final book in the SOS Series and I am sad that it is ending. But Sal seems to find his way in all her books, so I am glad for that. Sal and Kaci fell in love and got engaged, then she sent him away to a special place (you will have to read the book to understand). Their struggles to get back together upon his return at times made me angry, sad, laugh &a ...more
Stina Andersen
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hopechest, is the book 4 in the beautiful Story of Salvatore series, by Kailee Reese Samuels. I have to admit I haven't read all the books in the SoS series (but I'm working on it), I loved this book. I loved the story of love lost. What people would do for the people they love, what they are willing to sacrifice for each other.

You never know when the time is up! You never know when you don't have that precious thing called Time, with the people you love and/or call family.

And the bedroom acti
Claire Cronin
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The fourth and final book in The SOS series, this can be read as a standalone but I recommend you read the others first before reading this, then you don't miss and of the great storyline and life of Sal Raniero.

Sal is a broken mess, grieving, heart shattered and lost. Kaci is gone, and Sal has no interest in life or sex. This is where Sal's friends step up and try and help him put his life back together again.

This book is told in flashbacks to when Kaci and Sal were together in happier times. S
Vanessa
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I FLOVED this book! What is not to love about this book?!?! It is emotional, raw and so beautifully written. To some this book may be revolved around a dominant and submissive relationship. But it is so much more. When the one you love with all your heart leaves? What is left? That is the question Sal has to answer.

Kaci doesn't have long left on this earth. But every moment she has left. She spends with Sal. Where she should be angry and hurt with the deck of cards she was dealt. She is selfles
Jamie
Love!

Kailee Reese Samuels definitely has a way words, a real talent for them. I wanted to read this book slow and make it last, that went out the window the second I read the first page, I ate it up like candy.

This was Kaci and Sal's story, and boy was it a emotional roller-coaster! Woah. I wanted to scream and throw my kindle at times, I cried sad and happy tears. Everything Sal went through shaped him into the man he needed to be...

This is a MUST READ! You'll definitely need to read the first
Victoria Stolte
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
With each book in this series you get to delve deeper into the characters and this one is no different. Sal has so many layers many of which he needs to work through, because I have a feeling we haven't seen all of his sides. You can't help but love him though, and all that comes with him. I am glad we get to see him and Kaci together. They are definitely unique. I do wonder how things would have been different with them if her story hadn't played out like it did. And would she have made the cho ...more
Jessica Bruno
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me want to cry and throw my kindle. I couldn't stand seeing Sal so heartbroken and so lost. Even though Sal lost the love of his life, he made a promise to her to always move forward, to find himself again. In the SOS series Sal has gone through so much that you just get blown away with how strong and tough he truly is. Now the SOS series is over, I finally have a much better understanding of who Sal is in Juliet, what caused him to become who he is, this series explains it all an ...more
Michelle
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, 5-star-read, arc
Hopechest will take you on an emotional roller coaster ride and if you love Salvatore Raniero you will enjoy every emotional twisted turn along the way. This is the final book in the SOS series and another great addition to this series. Kaci and Sal fell in love and they go through so much struggling on their journey but they are perfect for each other. This book is a great ending to one of my favorite series this year. I highly recommend all of Kailee Reese Samuels books and I look forward to r ...more
LaGina
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have had the pleasure of following this series since its first book and I have to say that they only get better. Each book can be read as a stand alone but to be able to get the full impact of the characters and their story you need to start with book one. This book made me feel like I was reading someone's diary or journal. As with the rest of the books in this series you will be drawn into it and feel so warm and cozy with the characters that you don't want it to end. I know I want more from ...more
LaGina
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Dale
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 4 in the SOS Series and the first one I have read, I feel like I am extremely late to the party and should have started this series a while ago.

This book was such an emotional read for me, I felt everything that Kailee portrayed, they felt so raw.

I don't want to say to much as its hard to write a review on this without giving too much away. My thoughts on this book are so raw but it is one I highly recommend as a MUST READ.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Copy of this boo
Paula D
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite book of the series! Sal and Kaci oh how I love them. We get to see the past and how there relationship all came into play and then now. Can Sal forgive Kaci? Will they get a second chance or will it all end it heartache again? I love Sal how much he's changed in the series and has become the man he is now. 5/5 stars Read the series from the beginning even though this is a standalone! *** I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Copy of this book ***
Kim
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG I loved this book! It touched me so much, I cried part way through it. I love Sal and Hope. You will have to read the first 3 books before this one but it is so worth it. Kailee knows how to bring you in and keep you going until the end and always leaves you wanting more! This series has been one of my favorites this year! I wish I could go back in time and read it as a first read again! Thank you Kailee for bringing Sal into my book world!!
Ashley
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very sweet and loved filled story. There is a good theme of sticking by the ones you love and taking chances. Amazing sex scenes and connections in this story as well! Truly felt connected to the characters and I enjoyed the plot thoroughly. Another great work from Samuels!!

I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Angela Thomas
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!! This was so heartbreaking (I did cry) still an amazing story. The things that Kaci & Sal go though are just way out of control but still find love ❤once again I’m left on the edge of my seat just thinking wow. What next!? Kailee thank you for creating this amazing world of Sugargrove & the most beautiful twisted mofo Sal! ...more
Katie Kearney
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hopechest is an incredibly written book and brings you so many different emotions while reading it. I love all of this authors books but I think this one will hold a special place in my heart. I was sucked in as always on the first page. I couldn't ask for a better story line. And who doesn't love Sal!? I'm sad I read it so fast! Great job once again Kailee!
Sandra Loves Reading
I was under the impression that this was a standalone story and as such I found parts of it rather confusing, which is why I gave it only four stars. I think if I'd have known what went before, it would have really helped and it would have then been 5 stars.
I enjoyed this book. It's a very emotional read, well written, and with really strong characters.
Kristy Lamey
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book we have all been waiting for.. Okay Okay the book I have been waiting for forever it seems. Is it worth it? OMG Kaci and Sal Forever.... But of course, it does not always go as planned. This lady is named Kailee is fast becoming my favorite author. If you need a good read she is the author that stands out for me.
Energy
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved watching through Sal's eyes his revelations when it comes to Kaci. So many loving acts of kindness that didn't seem as such. Beautifully written through their struggles, Samuels has written a perfect goodbye with Sal learning to forgive her and learning how to live again.
Mona williams
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was another great book in this series you wrote! this time he finds out the love of his life put him through hell. will he forgive her for what she did? read to find out what happens in this story. thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Do you love intense, woven, genre-blended, BIG books?

Kailee Samuels is a genre-blended, dark romance author of BIG books. She loves writing multi-faceted books with characters her fans know well enough to sit down and have a drink with them. Providing a completely immersive reading experience is paramount in Kailee's world as she asks readers to trust her to take them to the end.

You can find her

The SOS (4 books)
  • The Initiation (The SOS #1)
  • Tea for Two (The SOS #2)
  • Grunt (The SOS #3)