Start by marking “The Complete Alien Omnibus” as Want to Read:
The Complete Alien Omnibus

The Complete Alien Omnibus

(Alien Movie Novelizations #1-3)

An omnibus edition of Alan Dean Foster's Alien science-fiction trilogy. While a computer guides their space tug, the crew of seven humans sleep - until scanners pick up a distress call from a remote dead planet. All the technology of the future cannot shield them from the nightmare of today.
Published October 14th 1993 by Time Warner Books Uk (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Alien Omnibus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Alien Omnibus

Start your review of The Complete Alien Omnibus
Helen
I love the Alien films so I was very happy when my boyfriend found this at a car boot last weekend!

Obviously, I already knew I liked the stories, and Ellen Ripley is probably my all time favourite movie character, but I was hoping for a bit more info / background on the plot and characters.

There really isn't much outside what happens in the films. Extra scenes and conversations are few and far between, and I wasn't impressed with the bits that are added. We do get to find out what Ripley is
Dinuka Fernando
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of the Alien franchise and since I've watched all the movies several times over I didn't really feel like reading this book. However fate would have it that I borrow this book from a friend and get into it and boy am I ever glad I did.
This trilogy is heaps better than the movies because it goes into details that probably wouldn't have worked on screen. If you're a fan of the franchise pick this up now, if not this is still a very decent read and comes highly recommended.
Nhi Le (The Literary Bystander)

Okay this is a going to be a completely short review because I generally don't have much to say about this book. All I'm saying is that I definitely prefer the movie to it, and I am not just referring to Alien, I mean the whole three "books" that are contained in this volume.

I think that because I felt the movie versions were a far more superior and effective medium, the books kind of fell flat in pretty much everything. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Alan Dean Foster's writing (I
Kain
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The nostalgia! Although there were obviously differences between the book and the film they were very small and slight differences and I still really enjoyed reading the book as this series was a favourite of mine.
Paz
Oct 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandonados, tie-in
Muy lento
Rory
Sep 30, 2012 rated it liked it
A book which has caused me to say I really liked Alien 3, when I get confused between the novelisation and the film. A lot goes on in the book that left me disappointed when I finally saw the film (I actually read this omnibus when I was 13 or 14, before I saw any of the films). I still get confused though. The pictures this book created in my mind were very vivid

Someone else in these reviews described it as "the directors cut" of the films. That's an excellent way of putting it.
Stephan
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aliens, sci-fi, horror
While not a bad book at all, I'd still recommend the films over this one any day. Maybe except for Alien3.
They are fairly well written, all of them, but there's also a lot of odd pieces. Like the Alien and the facehugger from the first novel/film having a visible big eye.
If you've enjoyed the films, then please, by all means read this, but don't expect it to be better, just different.
Robert Day
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Alien, Aliens and Alien3; the original trilogy of movies rendered into words. Just as scary, just as exciting, just as visceral and just the kind of thing that made us want more and more of these cute, cuddly aliens. Excellence in print.
Bookbear
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great read, written in a good style, very close to the movies. Interesting enough, I like the third book a lot better than the third movie, which tells me, it's not the story that bugs me, it's the filming. I always have a hard time with the third movie.
Johan
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: scifi
I stopped reading halfway through the second book. The movies are much better.
Toby
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Alan Dean Foster's novelisation of the first three movies is brilliant. You wouldn't expect much, but he slips in the kind of extraneous details that film is never able to express.
Lauren
Oct 24, 2007 rated it really liked it
I know, I know. But they were actually pretty good.
nooker
Dec 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Essentially the directors cuts of the movies. Well written.
Garrett Eriksen

• Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation
  • Pokémon Adventures, Vol. 2
  • Pokémon Pocket Comics: Black  White
  • Overwatch: Anthology Volume 1
  • Small But Deadly Wars (The A-Team, #2)
  • The Twilight Kingdom (Feyland, #3)
  • The Pink Umbrella
  • Robotech: The Macross Saga: Battle Cry (Robotech #1-3)
  • Don’t Stop Bewitching (Bewitchingly Ever After #1)
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: The Beginning of Tomorrow
  • Drachenfels (The Vampire Genevieve #1)
  • Amarna Book II: Book of Hawara
  • Twelve Days of (Faerie) Christmas
  • Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution
  • The Goldilocks Enigma: Why is the Universe Just Right for Life?
Bestselling science fiction writer Alan Dean Foster was born in New York City in 1946, but raised mainly in California. He received a B.A. in Political Science from UCLA in 1968, and a M.F.A. in 1969. Foster lives in Arizona with his wife, but he enjoys traveling because it gives him opportunities to meet new people and explore new places and cultures. This interest is carried over to his writing, ...more

Alien Movie Novelizations (5 books)
  • Alien