Start by marking “Blue Balls” as Want to Read:
Blue Balls

Blue Balls

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  782 Ratings  ·  269 Reviews
BLUE BALLS

Truth: A painful condition caused by a prolonged state of sexual arousal without release.
Myth: Only affects males.

SARAH

I’m beyond frustrated with the man who’s left me high and very far from dry. Multiple times. But, somehow, even though I’m not interested in a relationship, Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Handsome keeps me coming back for more—one crazy, sexual debacle af
ebook
Published August 8th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Blue Balls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Balls

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4 For The Laughs Stars

BLUE BALLS: A painful condition caused by a prolonged state of sexual arousal without release.
MYTH: Only affects males.

photo bluemyself_zpsb0jwpexo.gif

Straight off the bat you know this is going to be one crazy read. Not only because of the title which is brilliant by the way, but because it starts in Sarah's head with her insane inner dialogue. Why is blue balls such a brilliant name for this book? Because by the end of it you'll be suffering from them hehe.

Sarah is fresh out of nursing school ready f
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romcoms

3.5 chasing the orgasm stars

➦This was my first book by R.C. Boldt but I've had my eye on her work for a while now. One thing I like is that she comes up with original ideas for her romcoms. Even these covers are hard to ignore - they sure do stand out.

➦I found this read to be thoroughly entertaining, albeit not as funny as I was expecting. These two main characters were trying real hard to do the deed and kept failing.

➦If I didn't feel exhausted by these events I would have felt bad for this
The Book Bee
REVIEW: 5 HILARIOUS STARS
"Sweet baby Moses in the river. I'm in fear of having perpetually hard nipples and soaked panties around this man. Do they have support groups for this kind of thing?"

It's a great day when you can say any book was IT and this one was it!! I needed this book SO bad! This book has to be the best romantic comedy I have read all year. I thought Clam Jam was funny, but I have to admit that Blue Balls was the most absolute perfect follow up for secondary characters EVERRRR.
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing

F'in HILLARIOUS!

Laugh Out Loud...
Pee In Your Pants...
(just wear depends...it's ok I won't judge)
Romantic Comedy...

I swear I want to jump in the book and be a fly on the wall. I haven't laughed, chuckled or shook my head thinking "really did that just happen" in such a long time with a book. Again, I just can't. HILLARIOUS!!!!

I can't take it! The text messages between Jack and Sarah - Blue Balls - just PRICELESS!!! Every moment with them was like FATE sayin
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is so ridiculous but that's what makes it that much more hysterical! As I read it, I kept thinking there's no way all these things can happen but that just makes the story THAT much more believable. Because everyone knows when you're 'that' close, an interruption and the resulting blue balls, feel like the end of the world. I was feeling the frustration along with Sarah and Jack.

If you read Clam Jam, Maggie and Ry's story, you've met Sarah and Jack. Well this is their story. And what
Love & Lavender Book Review
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blue Balls is a romantic comedy at it’s finest. Full of lovable characters, randy shenanigans, howl-out-loud hilarious embarrassing moments and the possibility of love. Once I dove into Blue Balls, I could not stop reading. Ever chance I got, I was hunkered down with this book, giggling my fool head off. I mean I seriously could not keep it together. It got embarrassing for me on the bus when I’m laughing/snorting out loud trying to keep it together.

So whilst, yes, it’s incredibly funny, there a
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula, shelly
Blue Balls is a hilarious spin off of R.C. Boldt's Clam Jam as we follow Jack and Sarah on a crazy whirlwind of sexcapades that never really happen. This novel was so funny, heartwarming and sexy. I might even have a crush on Jack as he is a perfectly awkward, endearing and smoking hot hero who has a thing for our heroine. Together these two lit up my Kindle and had my face hurting from smiling from ear to ear.

As the respective best friends of Ry and Maggie from Clam Jam, we had an idea of how a
Roxs Reads
Hilariously funny! This story is a laugh a minute and had me snorting out loud while shaking my head in disbelief. The events that happen to this couple are totally possible making them easy to relate to but so very unfortunate. To have only one happen would be embarrassing and have you wondering if someone is out to get you but when you experience them all, it’s no wonder the universe is questioned.

Sarah and Jack may not have much luck when it comes to sealing the deal but what they lack in fi
2OCC Reviews
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica, marie
Marie's Review

I have wanted to read R.C. Boldt forever! All of her books appeal to me in one way or another. Blue Balls is the one that I got to read first and I am so happy that I did. This book had me rolling on the floor with its humor and as it unfolded I got caught up in the sweetness of the storyline. It is just the beginning of my obsession with R.C. Boldt’s writing because I’ll definitely be going back for more.

Sarah, who steers away from commitment leads the way in this laugh out loud s
Angie
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read and Reviewed for Twisted Bitches Book Blog.

That moment you find a new author, read her book and absolutely fall in love with her style of writing.....YUP that "...sweet heavens I love these characters" moment. That was exactly the feeling I was left with after reading Blue Balls by RC Boldt. This book spoke to me on SO many levels. I could literally tally off check marks as to some of the experiences and situations these two characters found themselves in. It's as if she, the author has had
Kim
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blue Balls is a hilarious book that had me laughing my ass off! The events that happen to Sarah and Jack are so funny and totally relatable!! By the middle of the book, I did start questioning whether or not the universe was transpiring against them!!

Sarah doesn’t believe in love and marriage. It didn’t work for her parents, so why would it work for her? It’s just easier to go out and have fun. Sarah works hard, enjoys life, and loves her friends (Maggie and Ry from Clam Jam). Yet, Sarah has alw
Laura Hampton~iScream Books~
This is the first book that I have read by Boldt and it definitely will not be my last. Where has she been hiding? There are just to many books on my TBR and the fact that I read and review so many, makes it hard at time to keep up with new-to-me-authors. Boldt definitely delivers and awesome, laugh out loud, sexy, rom-com. I now have to try and find time to read more of her work!

If the title doesn't catch your eye and the blurb doesn't hook you then you need your head examined. Blue Balls is h
Olga therebelreader
This was a fun book. I had fun following Sarah and Jack around. They were lively characters with interesting stories and their interactions were very amusing. Those two were clearly attracted to each other but their case was like an eternal case of blue balls. Loved guys teasing each other!

I found the author's style to be really readable and the book to be easy reading, but I struggled to keep the momentum going because I felt that most of the characters could have done with a bit more fleshing
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, kelly, 2017-reads
This was my first R.C. Boldt read, and it sure won't be my last!

Blue Balls caught my attention just by the title alone, and kept me captivated throughout the entire story! Hilarious, witty, and oozing with charm, the storyline was exceptional and definitely in a league of it's own.

Sarah and Jack were comedic gold! Their interactions together were beyond anything I expected. Not only is their connection completely entertaining, but their personalities shown the brightest when together.

An entirel
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 For The Laughs Stars

MYTH: Only affects males.

photo bluemyself_zpsb0jwpexo.gif

Sarah is fresh out of nursing school ready f
Grey
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars
3.5 stars for this wickedly naughty, tongue-in-cheek romcom. A first of this author's work for me, her writing style was clean and flowed well.
Whitney Cannavina
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review.
Review by Country Gals Book Blog

Sarah isn't looking for anything serous. With Jack, it's supposed to be hot sweaty sex but instead each time they try to get dirty something inevitably stops them. Case in point: blue balls.

Jack wants more with Sarah than she is willing to give. But no matter how many times he never gets to finish, he's just holy that he has Sarah for now. But the longer they spend time together the more he falls. Now he just has to make he
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
What a freaking hilarious read! I enjoyed every moment of this book and could not put it down. I laughed until I had tears in my eyes. The situations these two found themselves in were down right horrible and oh so funny. I had to put my Kindle down several times and yell for my husband to read parts.

This book follows Sarah and Jack and I just wanted to shake Sarah at times!! I just wanted her to open her eyes and see what exactly was in front of her but I did understand her issues. I fell in l
Misty - The Erotic Book Blog
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can’t tell you how excited I am to finally get Jack’s story.

I absolutely fell in love with his character during Ry’s story (Clam Jam) and I just knew he was going to be this sweet, swoony, sexy man. And RC Boldt just proved me right!

Jack is dreamy. He’s smarty, funny, and so endearing you’ll have to remind yourself (repeatedly) that he’s a fictional character. He embodies everything you want in a strong male hero in a story.

Sarah is one of a kind. She’s opinionated, unfiltered, confident, and
Emily Goodman
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blue Balls by RC Boldt is a fun loving, laugh out loud romantic comedy centered around a couple who try as they might can’t seem to get over their romantic mishaps to seal the deal. Boldt takes her readers on a gut-busting romantic bender with Sarah, a self professed non-believer of love and Jack, the nerdy dude who turned hot but doesn’t have a clue about women. Boldt first introduced us to these two characters in her last romantic comedy release, Clam Jam. Now, you don’t have to read Clam Jam ...more
Asia
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4,5 daje 5:P
Jacus powinien zostac swietym!
Paula  Phillips
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it

Remember Maggie and Ry from the first book Clam Jam by RC Boldt? Well, Blue Balls feature the story of their best friends Sarah and Jack. Maggie and Ry are still featured quite prominently in Blue Balls as they are getting ready for their wedding and Sarah and Jack are the Maid of Honour and Best Man. They also have this sparkling chemistry between them, but every time they have tried to consummate and did the deed, something happens, and they never seem to be able to have sex leaving them both
Jola - YaM4e
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Uwielbiam Jackusia <3
Leslie
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jesus, the title is appropriate. So deliciously painful though. I loved it!
Danielle
I liked this book. Sadly not as much as I loved Clam Jam but it was a good book in its own respects. Jack and Sarah became friends because their best friends were roommates. The chemistry between the two has always been off the charts and they decide to take it to the next level.. you know S-E-X. Well an unfortunate love bite and ass slap results in both of them having blue balls. The question is will they ever get together and is this just sex or can it be more??

I liked Sarah and Jack. I really
Anna Valsa
Aug 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF.
I loved the first book, but not this one.
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: august-2017
MY RATING: 4/5 STARS

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first RC Boldt novel so I wasn’t sure what I was walking into when I first started. However, after reading it, I learned that her style of writing is easy, flirty, and filled with hot moments and comedic outrageous events that are unbelievable.

What I really liked about this novel is the timing. RC Boldt chose to actually develop the relationship between Jack and Sarah over time by giving us breaks l
Three Chicks
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Sarah Matthews is ambitious and more than a little quirky. She’s a nurse who’s been studying to become a nurse anesthetist. She may be one smart cookie but she’s a bit of a commitment phobic. Her childhood; most especially her mom’s insecurities with men, molded Sarah into an independent woman who loves to have sex. But has no interest in a relationship. Only one that involves naughty bits having fun and walking away.

Besides, I don’t do relationships; not only because of my c
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
description
~~4.75 stars~~

I knew I was going to enjoy this book but what surprised me was who was doing the surprising. I honestly thought Jack would be the one getting himself into trouble but Sarah took the limelight in this book and she did a marvelous job at it.

I want to read more of these great tight nit couples. I want to read about the HEA's and the little rugrats. I did not want this series to end. This made me laugh out loud and I've successfully got my friend to read this and she's loving it too
**PLEASE NOTE**

RC is not regularly active on Goodreads but if you're looking for updated release dates and book descriptions, please check out her website at http://www.rcboldtbooks.com or her Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/rcboldtauthor.