Start by marking “Riders on the Storm (Waiting for the Sun, #2)” as Want to Read:
Riders on the Storm (Waiting for the Sun, #2)

Riders on the Storm

(Waiting for the Sun #2)

WHEN A SERIES OF EVENTS SEND DARIAN INTO A DOWNWARD SPIRAL, FRANKIE WILL DISCOVER WHAT IT TRULY MEANS TO LOVE A MAN WHO’S LOST IT ALL.

Dear Francesca,

I’m writing to let you know I’m going to do as you asked. I’m going to leave you alone and hope that one day you’ll come back to me.

But I can’t sit in this house another minute. The absence of you is stifling. So I’m leaving
Published April 27th 2019 (first published April 26th 2019)

Start your review of Riders on the Storm (Waiting for the Sun, #2)
KAS
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Utterly Unputdownable!!

I say this with complete sincerity and confidence, Robin, you have arrived and have no doubt your name will climb way up on the “Who’s Who” list of romance authors!!

Just a quick backdrop ... I thankfully stumbled upon this author’s writing talent a few years ago when I was reading her book reviews on Goodreads. I kept thinking, ‘she needs to be writing her own novel,’ and much to my delight, she was already working on “Waiting For The Sun.”

I’ve been chomping at the bit to
Malene
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been anticipating ROTS for quite awhile. Frankie and Darian have been in my thoughts ever since I finished book 1 - Waiting For The Sun. That’s a testament to the author and her excellent writing and storytelling. Riders on the Storm is pretty damn amazing. Robin Hill’s debut is fantastic and with this, her second book, she cements herself as an author to be reckoned with. Her writing and prose speaks to me. It truly is exquisitely told. The characters became people to me. People I was ...more
T. Rosado
5+ STARS!!

This was a sequel that was a long time coming. In reward of that wait, sheer perfection. I enjoyed Waiting for the Sun (book 1), but I abso-freaking-lutely LOVED Riders on the Storm. I had expectations, but this book was leaps and bounds better than I had ever anticipated. Riders was so crazy well-developed and thought out. Not one detail was overlooked. I was completely invested in Frankie and Darian’s romance, their struggles, and missteps, that I actually felt the physical
Emma Scott
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret that I know this author, that I'm friends with this author, that she helped me through the worst experience of my life, etc. etc That doesn't change the fact that she can write. This book is an emotional, up and down rollercoaster through the tumultuous relationship begun in Waiting for the Sun. Riders picks up literally where WFTS left off and Darian and Frankie's story is one of heartbreak and loss, healing and love, and ton of wit and intelligent, and authentic interaction ...more
Michele
5+ "I'll follow you anywhere" stars!!

I was fortunate to receive an ARC of Riders on the Storm. I've been eagerly awaiting its release since I finished reading the last page of Waiting for the Sun...

Needless to say, it was well worth the wait! We get to peak in on Frankie and Darian's love story to see how they are progressing. I'm so attached to these two characters...not that I don't want to give them both a stern talking to from time to time. They both have some baggage to deal with though.
Donna B
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Y’all! I rode the storm and barely survived! Things got pretty intense and I almost had a coronary, though. Gahh this story was fantastic! It was so well written and flowed so well . Hard to believe this is only RH’s second book. WHAT?! Written like a seasoned pro! The storyline was perfect and Darian’s and Francesca’s connection was undeniable. Great playlist and song references made it even more enjoyable. Loved the secondary characters too..and hope to read more about them down the road. ...more
Zilpha Owens
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is no doubt that this is a 5 star read. I just need to pull my thoughts together first.

I wanted to stop the world and just read. And I kind of did. I read this in one day. It was just that good. And it picks up where Waiting for the Sun ends. Darian and Frankie gripped my heart in a tight squeeze and didn’t let go until the very last page. I loved every minute of it.

Darian is again so dreamy, careful and tender with his Francesca. He’s kind and considerate and a little prickly at times
Paula White
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely conclusion to Frankie and Darian’s story with some angst thrown in too. Loved these two and I still wanted more after I read the last page!
Ela
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Thanks to the amazing author for an ARC! Robin! YOU DID IT! With all the heartache and late nights, morning drinking, murmaid fondling THIS BOOK ROCKED! You may continue and carry on writing!
Judy.Ca
Shelves: favorites, h
I was thrilled to be back with Darian and Frankie! I couldn't read it fast enough...Thank you Robin...Rtc ...more
Cathy
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I went in to this straight after a re-read of book one Waiting for the Sun, heavily invested in Francesca and Darian's happiness.

What a journey! This was a turbulent ride and I wasn't sure my little heart could take it. It was a gut punch, I just wanted to wrap Francesca in a big hug. I don't want to get spoilery so I will just say: you need wine, and tissues for this one, trust me!

The secondary characters are so well developed that I long to know about their lives and I will keep everything
Kim Carter
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tell me again why we can only give 5 stars???

Last year I read a debut novel by this chick Robin Hill called Waiting for the Sun. It kept popping up on my Goodreads as "if you liked this....you might like WTFS" and I saw it a couple of times mentioned in some FB groups, read the blurb, thought ok - let's give it a whirl.

I was just in awe that WFTS was Robin's debut...and damned if it didn't end in a cliffy...(refer to my review). I then kind of perused social media - lo and behold found this
Tessa
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-the-best

OMG, am I tired. Warning, do not get near the end at 10-11pm. You'll be stuck reading and not wanting to put the book down. Downside? I'm sleepy after staying up to finish the book. Seriously, the end angsty spot got me sucked in until I wanted to say "screw sleep".

That said, it was what I had hoped their end story was. I loved all of it, even the male POV since it was done in such a way that it didn't break the angst when we didn't know what was going on.

Both books in the duet are available
Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary
To anyone who's read Robin Hill's debut Waiting for the Sun, it's no secret that she can write, but when you read Riders on the Storm, you realize that she can write. And she can do so with the best of them.

Riders picks up where WFTS ended, and then it takes off in an emotional story full of angst, romance, heartache, and hope as Frankie and Darian try to find their happily ever after. You accompany the couple through their ups and downs as a young woman without a lot of relationship
Lisa Aiello
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If Waiting for the Sun was a 5 star read (which it was), then Riders on the Storm would be an 11 star read (which it is). Robin Hill toiled over these characters and this storyline for a long time in order to bring us what she lived with in her mind for years. And she has done an amazing job. The writing is witty, the characters are genuine, the situations are realistic. The angst is real and the heartbreak...well, it hurts. You can literally feel Frankie and Darian is if they were close friends ...more
Jean
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was anxiously waiting for Frankie and Darien's story to continue! I was not disappointed!

The beginning of the book seemed slow and steady for me, but I was just waiting for sh!t to hit the fan! I have to say, I was not happy with Darien and his actions at certain times. And I wanted to shake Frankie a few times! Lol!

The last 50% had me flipping the pages....I needed to know how it would end!

Special shout out to Jane and Drew.... great best friends, and Evelyn.....she is surely the type of
Joanne Ragona
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
”Because that’s what you are to me, Francesca. My life was shadowed by something dark before you came along. I wouldn’t call it a black cloud; it was more like an umbrella because I held on to it—I carried it like I needed it. But then I met you.” He smiles. “And I was finally able to just…let it go. You changed everything. You brightened everything.”

The long awaited conclusion to Waiting for the Sun was SO WORTH THE WAIT! Riders on the Storm was everything I hoped it would be. More swoony
Nicky Grant
She did it, ladies and gentleman! Robin Hill *finally* released the final installment to the Waiting For The Sun Duet. Was it worth the wait? Every damn tear, every gasp, every swoon (Darian's *other* dimples ;) ), every laugh and every sigh...

Frankie and Darian are meant to be but they didn't know what storms lay ahead. And neither did I. Robin's words are effortless as they take you through one of the most angsty, heart-breaking, REAL love stories I've ever read. But did you know my girl can
Dora Koutsoukou
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4,5 s

While Darian and Francesca are trying for their relationship to work, secrets and misunderstandings arise testing their feelings and trust.

The writing is beautiful, the pace has a well-build pace and the characters are very well developed.

This was a beautiful, heart aching duet and one of my favourites for this year.

Mariana‘s paintings graced both book covers, sending so many messages through the visual. Both characters are portrayed with their back sides, representing the concept of
diann bryan
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Riders on the storm!The much anticipated sequel ( Waiting For The Sun)
Robin Hill did an Awesome job bringing my Favorite Couple back with this emotional story.

Loving a widower is a difficult thing to do but Frankie never had a choice. She would always Love Darian and no matter what, she would go with him to hell and back. My heart was definitely hurting for this couple and the obstacles they put in their way, but with every storm , there’s a rainbow and the sun eventually comes back.
I was
Gina *loves sunshine*
The heart pounding conclusion to Waiting for the Sun!!!!!! 5+++ stars!! I tore through this in 1 glorious day! You know the kind of read where you literally have a strong hold on your kindle - as if things will happen the way you want them to if you grip harder!?!?!?!!

Yes this is book 2 picking up where 1 left off on a semi cliffhanger, and you can not read it without reading book 1. Have both books ready to go for maximum enjoyment - both available now!!! Borrow for free on Kindle Unlimited!!
あきこ
3.5 Relationships Take Work + Patience Stars

Darian and Frankie's story concludes in this book, and it was filled with OTT sweetness, love, misunderstanding, learning, and just working out being in a relationship while dealing with their past and present issues, one such issue arising because Frankie never told Darian about a certain something...

This releases on April 30th, 2019!!

Thank you for the ARC, Robin.
Heather Ross
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy! My heart is full. I finally got to read the book I’ve been waiting not so patiently for for so long and it was everything I hoped it would be and more.

In Riders on the Storm, Robin has created a wonderful story of moving on from the past while still accepting and embracing it as a part of yourself. It’s an amazing tale of humans acting like humans sometimes do when they’re hurting, and of the deep love between two people overcoming all of that. It’s a turbulent ride filled with
Pam
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I LOVE Darian and Frankie and have missed them! I also adore their friends; everyone should be lucky enough to have friendships like that! I admit that I struggled with Darian's immaturity in this one. After the things life has thrown at him, I couldn't fathom him putting Frankie through the drama he did. I adore this Author's witty writing and I can never get enough of Darian's boxers! I also loved, Loved, LOVED the mention of Mermaids toward the end. ;-)
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
I was excited to read the conclusion to Darian and Francesca’s love story. I enjoyed the first half but the second half didn’t quite wow me. It was too predictable and I didn’t care how in the end, every issue was so easily resolved. Darian was a very troubled man (who I came to dislike) who seemed to heal himself overnight and Francesca forgave too easily.

I must say that I thought the writing was well executed, it was just the direction the story took that didn’t sit well with me. Too much
Jessie Seadorf
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Waiting for the Sun

This duet was absolutely unexpected in the BEST way. Such an original lovely story! I hope we get to see more of the other characters in more books!
Alyssa Summer
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku-read
Riders on the Storm picked up right where Waiting for the Sun left off, and what a wild a ride this duet conclusion was!!

I have really loved my time with this duet. I love some good angst and drama in romance, and boy did this deliver. I think in book two I didn't have quite as great of a balance of good vs bad times for the couple, BUT the "bad" was still really good (what does this statement say about me, yikes lol). Some of the conflict was a bit too "miscommunication" heavy for me, and
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The fact that I stayed up until 1:30 AM to read this (in one sitting, no less) SHOULD tell you everything that you need to know, but I’ll go on nevertheless.

First of all, this is NOT a standalone. If you haven’t read the first half of Frankie and Darian’s story in Waiting for the Sun, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Instead, go back, read part one of the duet, and then return to this book... And know that I’ll be jealous of your because you get to read the duet as a continuous work. I had
Lynette Habak
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
What makes this duet so fantastic are these beautifully written characters. The love between Darian and Frankie is there but life can be a battle especially when you have to face your past. I fell in love with Frankie I think more then Darian due to her willingness to stay optimistic during trying times. It takes a strong soul to think of others and what is happening when you would love to fight back, scream and yell.

The friendship between Frankie and Jane is what everyone would love to have!
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Five-Minute Life
  • Just Ten Seconds
  • Method
  • One Good Man
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Perfect Strangers
  • The Other Side
  • Intersect (Parallel Duet, #2)
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • Echoes of Time (Surviving Time #3)
  • Savaged
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Before You
  • Parallel (Parallel Duet, #1)
  • Someday, Someday
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • Long Live the Beautiful Hearts (Beautiful Hearts, #2)
Robin Hill spends 75% of her day writing, 30% reading, and a good 25% hanging out with her husband whilst simultaneously stalking random people online. She’s terrible at math. She loves wine. Coincidence? Maybe. She also loves The Doors, the Browns, cheeseburgers, and Josh Duhamel.

Robin hides out at her Texas Hill Country compound with her husband and their little poodle princess, Alice Malice.

Waiting for the Sun (2 books)
  • Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun, #1)