Start by marking “Redemption” as Want to Read:

Redemption

One decision.
One horrific mistake.
One lifetime of hell.

Everything I got was justified, and all I lost warranted. No matter where I went, the hell of my past followed. There was no forgiveness, no reparation—I would spend the rest of my days trapped in purgatory. His pain was mine.

And then came Dan.
And possibly redemption.
Published June 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redemption

Olga therebelreader
In short:
Hero 4/5 | Heroine 4/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 4/5 | Writing Style 3/5 | Steam 2/5 | Romance 2/5 | Angst-Suspense 4/5 | Darkness 3/5 | Humor 0/5 | Secondary Characters 3/5 | Drama-Conflict 4/5 | Mystery 4/5 | Twists 4/5 | Pacing Steady | Action 3/5
♥ Dri ♥
Jun 25, 2017 ♥ Dri ♥ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
5 ALL THE FEELINGS stars!!!!

PS: Apesar de "Redemption" ser considerado um romance standalone, Lissa&Dan são personagens secundários dos livros Bound & Freed. O que eu só descobri no final quando li os agradecimentos da autora.
Não sei se lerei os dois anteriores, até porque já sei o que aconteceu com os personagens principais deles, rs.

"Goodbyes are final, and you’re my future."

Eu acho que esse foi o livro mais doloroso que eu já li... O tema que a autora abordou aqui e como ela abord
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jun 21, 2017 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-2017
Redemption by Stephie Walls
5 stars!!!

“Goodbyes are final, and you’re my future.”

Two five star reads on the bounce and two five star reads that have had me run the gamut of my emotions. Stephie Walls captured my attention from the first word and never let me go till the end and even then, I wasn’t ready to let these characters go. Sometimes a book just envelopes you and that is what this one did, the characters, the secondary characters and the plot, the complete trifecta. Every word had a pu
Saunders
I love when I find a book that it different - this story was one of the best I have read this year. Strong writing and a strong emotional plot.

highly recommended but have the tissues ready.

thanks Donna for the recommendation
Shireen Hakani
I couldn't sympathize with the heroine. She was selfish from the beginning till end. She chose her job and other things over her son and lost him in the process. She didn't want to come clean till the end of the book which I just didn't get it.
Leddy Harper
Jun 04, 2017 Leddy Harper rated it it was amazing
From the second I started Redemption, I couldn't stop until I finished. It wrapped me up in its web and refused to let me go. Lissa is such a deeply developed character she was almost fleshed out like a real person. That's how she read to me, as if it were written about a real person with a real tragic past. Dan was perfect for her, and watching their relationship from the very beginning grow into this normal yet perfect relationship had me giddy and punch drunk. I wish I could give this more th ...more
EscapeNBooks
Jun 18, 2017 EscapeNBooks rated it really liked it
Redemption by Author Stephie Walls is a standalone, second chance at love story. It does have characters from her Bound Duet. However, it is not necessary to have read that duet before beginning this novel.

I think I say this about all of Author Stephie Wall’s books, but it's the complete truth, she has a way of capturing her readers from the Prologue and not letting them go until long after The End.

“You’ll change your mind.” His confidence was humorous. “Women adore me. Guys want to be me. And
Kis
Jun 25, 2017 Kis rated it really liked it
Primeiro livro que li dessa autora. Muito bom!?
Sophie
Jun 23, 2017 Sophie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-2017
Two things!

Omg HOLY FREAKING EMOTIONS.

Omg DAN!

If you have never read a Stephie Walls book before you are MISSING OUT. Stephie has this magical ability to rip out your heart and tear it to pieces while breathing life into your soul. Her books are emotional, so, so emotional. They touch on every nerve ending, they make you feel almost as much as the characters do. Her words are like poetry formed in breathtaking verses that sing. Her passion to not only her words but her characters and their sto
Kim Carter
Jun 30, 2017 Kim Carter rated it really liked it
Now I have to go back and read Bound and Freed so I can read Annie and Brett's back story. I did not cry about Lissa's past, but can certainly understand that tears would flow.
Vixster
How do you put into words the most wonderful and worse thing ever?
That's the crux of the story and I wished I'd loved it as much as my friends.

I guessed what happened pretty early so all the cloak and dagger/skipping through time didn't do this story justice for me.
The concept should have worked but the H felt really creepy to begin in how close a relationship he had with his friends which made me wonder was I was reading a thriller? No.
I didn't feel a connection or get an emotional feel for/fro
Sassy Southern
Jun 21, 2017 Sassy Southern rated it it was amazing
Lissa Jackson is a music teacher and also has a probabtion officer from an accident in her past. She is trying to move on with her life by moving and starting over. When a knock on her door one night brings her face to face with a chance at beginning again.

Dan Hadley thinks he is meeting a blind date when he knocks on a door only to find out that he has been given the wrong address. Yet fate sometimes plays a funny role and soon he discovers he has met someone who could turn his life onto the ri
Carina Adams
Jun 22, 2017 Carina Adams rated it it was amazing
Stephie Walls has a way of pulling me into a story in a way that not many can. From the first page, I'm hooked. By the third chapter, I'm emotionally invested. These characters are real to me. They're my friends. I NEED to know what's going to happen. It's almost like I can't breath until I know.

Redemption is no different. It was raw, beautiful, and heartwarming.

Lissa had such an incredible journey. I cried for her. I wanted to hold her. I rejoiced with her.

This book is so much more than a lo
Camila Matuella
Jun 26, 2017 Camila Matuella rated it really liked it
Meu coração se partiu em vários pedaços lendo esse livro.

Ana Rita
Jun 21, 2017 Ana Rita rated it it was amazing
I was a mess because of the last book that I've read. A mess because I loved it so much and I didn't want it to end. You know that feeling of wanting to keep reading and reading??? Well if you do you know how I was feeling.
Stephie Walls has an intense and heartfelt writting that can put you into tears in a sec. She has the ability to put herself under your skin and make you feel things that you don't want to.
Every single book of her made me dream, laugh and cry at the same time. She's amazing
Chasing Away Reality
Jun 21, 2017 Chasing Away Reality rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying you're in somewhat of a catch 22 with this book. If you read the Bound & Freed Duet, you'll recognize Dan and Lissa and the bones of their story from the second book, Freed. And while I was hoping that Stephie Walls would give us Dan and Lissa's story, I found myself skimming some of the sections because they were redundant to what I already knew about them. However, I felt that repeating some of their story was essential to understanding their relationships and journe ...more
Tamara
Jun 20, 2017 Tamara rated it really liked it

Having previously read and loved Bound and Freed, I was eager to get my hands on Redemption. Lissa was a character that intrigued me in Freed and I NEEDED to know more about her.

What I wasn't expecting was her backstory, and the way my heart broke as I realised what happened in her past. She was such a beautiful strong and selfless person, even if she didn't believe that about herself.

Dan was her perfect partner, their story and the way they met was completely swoonworthy.

Ms Walls has a unique
Kristie Verdurmen
May 29, 2017 Kristie Verdurmen rated it it was amazing
I really wish I could give this book 10 stars! I can't even begin to explain how amazing this story is. I devoured this book from the first page. It's no secret that I love Stephie Walls writing but this book has taken it to a whole new level for me. Redemption has just knocked many books out of my top read list and this is easily of top 3 of all time for me!

This book is everything! Dan and Lissa's story had me hooked right away, the story of how they met was so unique and their relationship is
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 04, 2017 Nerdy Dirty & Flirty rated it really liked it
☆☆☆.5
~Ali

Stephie Walls had given readers an emotional story about allowing yourself to have a second chance at finding happiness. Told in alternating first person I felt I could truly immerse myself and be friends with Lissa and Dan. Lissa is a character I enjoyed getting to discover. With flash back chapters interspersed, readers are strung along to get to the bottom of Lissa’s tragic past. Walls did a great job of building the anticipation, then to give readers the emotionally devastating even
Susan
Jun 26, 2017 Susan rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Dan and Lissa in Freed (while both side characters, they play an integral role in the plot in that book), and couldn't wait to find out their secrets, especially Lissa. Stephie Walks tackles a very difficult subject, which forces the reader to reevaluate their thoughts on the matter (bravo, it was done extremely well!).

The writing was done very well, the plot was complex, and the characters were well-developed. I'm so glad that Lissa found her redemption by the end! A defini
Alissa
Jun 22, 2017 Alissa rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Stephie Walls' latest book, which is very appropriately title Redemption. Great writing as usual, including something I never saw coming, this story was a painful but hopeful journey. I was happy to see Lissa's character's journey from rock bottom and how she finally found her way out of her grief.

I didn't read the series this book spun off from and had no issues reading it as a standalone. If you're a fan of emotional stories, this one is for you!!
Jackie
Jun 09, 2017 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Bound, and then Freed, left me wanting in only one way. I NEEDED to know Lissa's story. Redemption did not disappoint. Although it certainly isn't necessary, I'd absolutely recommend reading the Bound and Freed duet before embarking on the soul crushing path that is Redemption since the time lines and characters overlap. Ok, soul crushing may be a bit extreme, but the transitions from past to present caused both ugly crying and laughing out loud with their lows and highs. Reading Redemption was ...more
Books and Boys Book Blog
Jun 17, 2017 Books and Boys Book Blog rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by the author in exchange for honest review***

A broken soul finds redemption through love, acceptance and forgiveness!

Redemption by Stephie Walls is a rollercoaster story of highs and lows, laugh out loud moments then sudden cry escapades; giving you a MUST read that will not disappoint!

Even though Redemption is considered a standalone novel; both Lissa and Dan are found in Bound & Freed, previous books of Ms. Walls. I would advise to read those since you are able to lea
Nancy Reads
Jun 26, 2017 Nancy Reads rated it it was amazing
When I started reading REDEMPTION, I wasn't really sure what the story was about. Since I had already read BOUND & FREED, it didn't take me long to realize it was Dan & Lissa's story. They were secondary characters in FREED. Best friend's of Brett and Annie.

Lissa was kind of a mystery in FREED, and this is the telling of how she ended up where she was, without family or friends. And the cute way that Dan and she had met. How she and Annie were instant friends, and the connection between
Sophie Koufes
Jun 20, 2017 Sophie Koufes rated it it was amazing
Description: Redemption is a standalone novel!
However, characters crossover from the Bound & Freed Series.
Melissa Jackson - looking for the ultimate forgiveness.
Daniel Hadley - Forever the playboy, Dan falls for the red head with the jaded past.
Wow! Where to begin is difficult. I am having a world wind of emotions right now. My heart is breaking & I am in tears. The premise of this novel is very intriguing & the prologue will capture your heart. Beautiful & endearing piece of lit
K.  Ramjohn
Jun 10, 2017 K. Ramjohn rated it it was amazing
Redemption was a captivating tale that had me hooked until the end. Full of intense emotion, this book will leave you wanting more, page after page, chapter after chapter. This is Dan and Lissa's story and how they met is definitely a tale for a romance novel. However this story is more than just a romance. As the title suggest, its a story of Redemption as least through the eyes of the person who believes they need redemption.
Stephie Walls gave us developed characters in this novel. Dan, the p
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog

Stephie Walls is fast becoming one of my go to authors. After reading Bound and Freed, I knew I wasn't done reading more from this author, especially when I found that Redemption was about Dan and Lissa, characters that were also important in the Bound & Freed series.

We get a woman who is broken beyond repair and does nothing but blame herself for something tragic that happened to her in the past and she's ashamed of what happened. She has left her hometown and has moved as far away as she p
Brandy Roberts
Jun 20, 2017 Brandy Roberts rated it really liked it
Redemption is written in a unique way and really liked how Stephie Walls brought in a refreshing story line albeit a sad one , when we find out some certain things my heart just went out to the characters and the pain that they must have went through . This book will be my first read by the author and it wont be my last I plain to read her past ones too if they can pool me in like the way redemption did there will be no doubt that I'll enjoy it . Right at the first meeting for the hero and heroi ...more
Tara Peters
Jun 21, 2017 Tara Peters rated it it was amazing
This book was the book I wanted, but didn't know I wanted until I read it. I am ashamed to admit that it took me a little while to figure out who Lissa and Can were, but once I had the lightbulb go off, I couldn't put the book down.

Lissa had a tragedy occur and was starting over. Dan had never had a serious relationship, due to what most women consider as deal breaker in a relationship. When she offers to help his best friends out, her offer leads to Dan realizing that they could have as future
Andi
Jun 20, 2017 Andi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WOW! Stephie Walls has done it again. Her characters are divine. They're beautifully flawed and damaged, but still want to be more. Walls puts them through the wringer, and just when you, as the reader, can't take another minute, she finds yet another twist or obstacle for them to overcome.

At first, I thought Lissa just wanted to find a way to move on, but as you learn more and more about her, that's not quite right. Lissa wants to continue to punish herself for a tragic accident. Then God, Fate
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Stephie Walls is a literary whore - she loves words in all forms and will read anything put in front of her. She has an affinity for British Literature and Romance novels and an overall love of writing. She currently has eight novels out, four short stories, and two collections; all provocatively written to elicit your imagination and spice up your world. She has another novel on its way to booksh
More about Stephie Walls...