Start by marking “Under a Tuscan Sky” as Want to Read:
Under a Tuscan Sky

Under a Tuscan Sky

Escape to Tuscany this summer with Karen Aldous’s brilliantly uplifting read. Perfect for fans of Erica James and Cathy Kelly.

A summer she’ll never forget…

Published June 14th 2017 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about Under a Tuscan Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under a Tuscan Sky

Dash fan
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
4☆ A charming story of change and new beginnings.

When Olivia decides enough is enough and her relationship isn't going anywhere, she decides to break it off.

Deciding what to do next she hops on a plane to Tuscany to get her Grandmothers home in some kind of order, ready to sell it.

It's here she meets Alberto and Hugh.
Both very different men, both with very different agendas, but they both have something in common.... they share a spark with Olivia.
Who will she chose?
Alberto who she met on the pl
Melindam
Netgalley arc received from publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Much as I like the setting - Tuscany, Florence, sun-drenched vineyards & olive groves - this book and I simply do not match.

Possibly I had Bella Tuscany on my mind too strongly. I am a sucker for "makeover stories" and I expected more "interaction" between the MC, Olivia and her surroundings (her getting interested in cultivation, renovation, etc.).
But the focus of the novel lies elsewhere: it is Olivia's and
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it

Rightly or wrongly, often the first thing that will attract you to a book is the cover. Now the cover for Under a Tuscan Sky just screams summer at me, and in particular hot sunny days and Italy. And I am delighted to say that the contents inside the cover, carry on that theme and more, providing a sumptuous story of Olivia discovering a lot more about herself than she ever bargained on, and even has two incredibly different gorgeous men after her too.

Olivia loves making lists, she loves being
Cathy
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, light-reads
Inspired by a sepia photograph of her Italian grandmother and grandfather, Olivia decides that she’s settled for ‘second best’ in relationships for long enough. So she dumps her current boyfriend and determines to make the need to sort out her late grandmother’s estate in Italy the start of a new, and independent, chapter in her life. However, it isn’t long before Olivia discovers unsettling information that means she must confront long buried secrets about her family and battle her own insecuri ...more
Cindy
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Not sure why I thought this was Under the Tuscan Sun but it was not. I found Olivia a bit washed out as a character but did like Hugh a lot. Interesting story line with her family.
Annette
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Olivia has broken up with her long term boyfriend. She is taking a short trip to Tuscany in order to clear out and sell her late grandmother's home. She is a very self contained 40 year old woman who makes notes about everything. She envisions her future as a woman alone in the world and she is making peace with that future.
Which meant I was surprised when she gets on the plane to fly to Italy, and suddenly is having a lustful thoughts about a handsome man. When he describes their future togethe
Rebecca
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed on Got Books, Babe?

As has been the case with all of Aldous's previous releases, Under A Tuscan Sky was incredibly easy for me to slip into. With the author's stunningly vivid descriptions bringing the setting of Tuscany dreamily to life, I found myself transported from here to there in the most wonderful of ways and enjoying all that the scenery had to offer. Karen Aldous certainly has a charming way with words, and I've picked up on it throughout her writing career with HQ
Claire
This review originally appeared on BrizzleLass Books.

Olivia is stuck, she’s stuck in a life with a boyfriend, Will, who she doesn’t love. Keeping a list of pro’s and con’s about Will she call’s her “wilting will” list the only pro is that he has “a pretty face and barbecuing skills”. She also doesn’t believe she is capable of love or is lovable, very much the product of having been abandoned by her Mother as a child.

Her Grandmother, Nonna, in Italy has just died and she is responsible for the es
Grass monster
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Blurb:
A summer she’ll never forget…
When Olivia Montague’s grandmother passes away, she decides it’s finally time to make some changes in her own life. So she breaks up with her ‘going nowhere’ boyfriend and embarks on a journey to her Nonna’s home in Tuscany.
Until now, Olivia has always believed that she’s incapable of love, after being abandoned by her parents as a baby. But with each day spent at the gorgeous villa nestled in the rolling Italian hills, she feels her heart begin to flutter…
Simona
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Book provided by the publisher on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

The title of this book just screamed out to me! I’m 3/8 Italian and I used to spend two weeks in wonderful Tuscany every year when I was a child. Naturally, I was really excited about this book.

When Olivia Montague steps of the plane in Tuscany, I felt at home from the start. Of course that’s also thanks to Karen Aldous and her lovely description of the scenery, I fell in love with the area all over again.

Let go back t
Dawn
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read on my cruise in June - full review to come. As ever a delight to read
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

I really need to give Olivia Montague a big round of applause! GIRL POWER!! Nothing like a sassy, confident, independent woman to get a storyline going, right? I genuinely thought to myself ‘wowza, she could teach me a thing or two!’. I admired the characters flair 100%, as it was great to see a character taking charge of their own life.

The way that Olivia was portrayed at the start was youthful, she was described as s
Rachel
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Olivia's list making did make me smile as I also always seem to be making various to do lists mainly to do with my blog. Although maybe not as many as Olivia makes she really does seem to have a list for everything! Olivia is quite complex and has almost lost sight of who she is mainly because she has in a way always been sheltered by other people making decisions for her. Then add in a strained relationship with her mother which makes things all the more difficult for her to cope. I did feel fo ...more
Julie
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
An addictive page-turner that is simply perfect for the summer season, Under a Tuscan Sky is the latest first rate tale from the hugely talented Karen Aldous.

Olivia Montague realises that the time has come for her to make some much-needed changes to her life. After the death of her Nonna, Olivia decides that she wants to inject some excitement into her mundane existence, so she breaks up with her boyfriend after their relationship had stalled and decides to embark on a journey to Tuscany to Nonn
Alison
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have had the pleasure of reading books by Karen Aldous previously so I was fairly certain I would find Under a Tuscan Sky just as endearing. The cover screams warmth, freedom and naivety at me.

Poor Olivia seems to have her fair share of problems, abandoned as a child by her mother and raised by her grandparents, stuck in a rut with low self esteem and a boyfriend Will who really isn’t lighting her fire any more.

So when Nonna dies and Olivia has to hot foot it to Tuscany to deal with the estat
Sally Coles
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
When her Italian Nonna dies Olivia decides it is time for a change in her life - her relationship with Will is going nowhere and she realises she doesn't care so she dumps him and heads for Tuscany to sort out her inheritance.

Deciding that she is definitely off men of course they come along like buses, she meets the gorgeous Alberto on the flight on the way out there on the plane and can't resist his offer to show her around Tuscany and then when she puts her Nonna's estate on the market Hugh t
Jenna
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
The writer is British....

The author is British. She occasionally used expressions that, as an American, completely confused me. For example she cooked soldiers breakfast. The main character was an osteopath, which in the UK is apparently not a doctor, but in the United States it is. And in addition she had the best friend of the main character drinking alcohol while pregnant.

There were quite a few areas of the story where one thing was stated and then either never brought up again or completely
Heidi
Jan 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not impressed. Received this book as an ARC for my honest review.
Olivia's grandparents have passed away and she has inherited the Italy villa. She breaks up with her boyfriend of 3 years and she decides she is going to make some changes in her life. Shes on the way and she "falls in love" with the first guy she sees. Then she meets another guy and thinks she is in love with him but she stays with Alberto (the first guy) both men are very rich but after Alberto meets Oliva he pretty much asks her
Christine
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Why Tuscany?

Has the author actually been to Tuscany? I have and it reminded me of Northern Michigan. The descriptions were lacking. That area of Italy has fantastic pasta dishes, cheeses, and some of the best wine in Europe. And the famous statue of David in Florence wasn't even mentioned.

As for the story, it's just another book about a middle age woman realising her true potential in a change of scenery. The romance was just ok and the twist seemed to be missing a few chapters in development.
Lucy Coleman
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m still basking in the sunshine …

I instantly fell in love with this cover and knew I was in for a wonderful read. Who wouldn’t want to be whisked away to the warmth and charm of the Italian vineyards? A romantic, engaging read as Olivia Montague’s story unfolds with each little twist and turn. Some great characters and you will feel you really have soaked up a little sunshine as you read the descriptions of those stunning views. If you can’t afford a holiday this year, treat yourself to a litt
Pamoliverio
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
I expect a book with a title "Under the Tuscan Sky" to have Tuscany as part of the story. This book could be set anywhere. It's all plot & no setting. It's heavy on the story of an unsettled 40 year old & her discoveries into her upbringing and finding lust/love. There's too little Tuscany & Nonna's villa & farm & more Lake Garda.
It was ok as a quick read but I never had empathy for the main character.
Margaret
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great story line with many twists.

At the death of her Nonna, Liv has many things to sort out not only in her personal life but also about how the past will affect her future.

The only down side is the occasional ‘Mills & Boon’ cliches. I understand that romance is needed but to keep it in context to the rest of the book it needs to be more cleaverly done. That said I loved this book!
Cc
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book for the escape from the 'real world'. NOTHING ever tuns out this perfectly. But if you need to get away to beautiful Tuscany, or want a " happily ever after" this is the perfect light read.
Karen
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Fast read, but not a great book. Shallow characters.
Suzanne Hamilton
Sep 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Very predictable

One notch above a Harlequin romance. Couldn't wait to be done to move onto something else. So glad it's finished.
Anne
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
It always sounds just a little rude to say “a great read for the holidays”, but in this instance I mean it only as a compliment: I read this book in an afternoon on the terrace of my Madeira apartment, and it was just the perfect choice. I also read it when my mind was full of issues and worries, but the style, content and gorgeous descriptions swept me away to the hills of Tuscany and the twists and turns of Olivia’s relationships, as she finds herself and makes her choices.

The reading is easy
Jennifer Gallagher
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not great writing, not an engaging story, the characters weren’t compelling...
Dick R. McCart
Aug 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not my thing

From the first page I thought, oh, no. This is a light, light story as far as I can tell. I couldn't finish it.
Carlin
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: on-kindle
I enjoyed the setting, for the most part in Italy. But I never connected with Olivia, the main character.
Zoe Hartgen
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was not what I was expecting. The story didn't take the direction I would have thought it went and to be honest, I'm a little disappointed. I didn't really like any of the characters, especially the main character Olivia. I just didn't click with her, didn't like how she came across or how she tackled her problems. I liked the writing style of the book, and the storyline was entertaining but I just couldn't get past the charactersI'm afraid.

• To Rome, with Love
  • Mord im Zeichen des Zen (Louise Boni, #1)
  • It Only Took You (Lake Howling, #4)
  • The Wind Off the Small Isles and The Lost One
  • The Governess Was Wicked (Governess, #1)
  • Love & Death in Burgundy
  • The Cotswolds Cookery Club: A Taste of Italy
  • Leaving Tabasco
  • Darcy Goes to War: A Pride and Prejudice Re-Imagining
  • Lady of Mallow
  • Mission Rwanda
  • Love Is Pink!
  • Overkill (Sam Shephard, #1)
  • A Wedding in Italy
  • Isle of the Dead
  • After Hannibal
  • When Mary Met the Colonel: A Pride and Prejudice Novella
  • The Gin Shack on the Beach
Karen Aldous enjoys village life on the edge of the north-downs in Kent with easy access to the buzz of London. Not only does she love the passive pleasures of reading and writing, she also craves the more active pursuits with her family and friends such as walking, cycling and skiing especially when they involve food and wine!

Karen gets much of her inspiration from her travels and if she had to c