Start by marking “Dirty Scoundrel (Roughneck Billionaires, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Scoundrel (Roughneck Billionaires, #2)

Dirty Scoundrel

(Roughneck Billionaires #2)

In a sizzling novel from the New York Times bestselling author of Dirty Money, there’s rich, and then there’s filthy rich when an oil tycoon takes being a roughneck billionaire to a new level.

Clay Price has everything he’s ever wanted, except the one thing money can’t buy—Natalie Weston. Years ago, Clay and Natalie were in love... until she turned down his marriage propos
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 222 pages
Published November 21st 2017 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Scoundrel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Scoundrel

Start your review of Dirty Scoundrel (Roughneck Billionaires, #2)
Geri Reads
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I actually enjoyed the first book in the series. Boone and Ivy's story wasn't perfect but I had a lot of fun reading it. Unfortunately, this book didn't really work for me. As much as I still adore Jessica Clare's writing style, I had a lot of issues with the characters and just the overall story.

The setup was typical for a second-chance romance. Clay and Natalie are in love in high school and are planning a life together. But Clay is from the wrong side of the tracks and Nat's father thinks he
Dali
Wonderfully entertaining! Sexy yet heartfelt, mischievous and sweet. Original and engaging.

Holy hot roughneck! I fell hard for Clay Price and his inability to be ruthless and cold because nothing could ever change the fact that his heart belonged to Natalie Weston. Not the fact that she turned down his marriage proposal via her father when he was fresh out of high school, not the seven years it’s been since he saw her and certainly not the millions upon millions he’s now worth after he
Hana ♡
4 Stars!

Clay and his brothers grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. After working the rigs for years the Price brothers struck oil and are now billionaires. And while they have all the money they can ask for, Clay is still not happy...

Natalie Weston is living her life taking care of her sick father. She tries to make a living and care for him but always wonders in the back of her mind about the boy she let go. The boy she never forgot, her high school love Clay Price. Clay has decided enough
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

The first half of this was really good - the love/hate aspect along with the hero trying to be an asshole but not really being one - worked well, but the second half was a letdown. It became boring and overly cheesy, which made me lose interest in the outcome of their story. Not sure I'll bother with the next one anytime soon, if at all.
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (on the blog 12/5/17)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2zf52PI

Clare has a twist on billionaires that'll have even the most indifferent sitting up and paying attention. The Price brothers? Roughnecks that hit it big and became overnight oil tycoons. They may be billionaires but these guys are still scruffy, crass and rough around all their edges. Mmhm.

The Gist: Revenge. And fucking someone out of your system. This...is the plan. Buy the girl who broke your heart yea
Lover of Romance
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

I can't tell you how excited I was to see that I had been approved to get access to this title. I have been waiting for this book for like FOREVER. I really had a blast with book one Dirty Money. This series is about five brothers, who won the jackpoint rigging for oil and became billionaires overnight. This book is Clay's book and man he is yummy if he is a bit of a jerk sometimes. Now Clay has been in love with Natalie, they were once hig
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

The Roughneck Billionaires series by Jessica Clare has taken me by surprise. Dirty Scoundrel added to that surprise for sure!

Now, let me start with my 2 issues with the story. First, the trope is one of my LEAST favorite: miscommunication. Clay and Natalie were high school sweethearts until a miscommunication tears them apart. Now seven years later, Clay wants revenge. Which brings me to my next issue: Clay was an immature douche canoe for the first 30% of the book. He is so determined to
Alison
Disir has a great shelf entitled "indifferent shrugs" and I couldn't agree with her more.

I love the idea of a group of roughneck brothers who become oil billionaires and then each meets the woman of their dreams. I enjoyed the first book so I was looking forward to this one.

Clay Price lost the love of his life on the night he was going to ask her father for her hand in marriage. He might have been dirt poor but he was in live. Instead, he got dumped by proxy and, somehow, seven years later, he h
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
If this author has heroes like this. Omg I want to read her entire backlog. These brothers are exactly what I crave. Not perfect by any sort of imagination but perfect when you glue all their imperfections together.. Gruff, rude, sweet, Romantic, hot, dirty, passionate, loyal, loving.. Omg 100% faithful from 1st sight.

Yes safety friends..
We've got 2 virgins and that means the rare unicorn of a celibate hero during a 7 yr separation.

Clay was absolutely amazing. I loved Natalie for him. I adored h
Bambi Unbridled
description

This is another book from my blogger shame pile. This one appears to have fallen through the cracks in the midst of my move. I remembered enjoying the first book of this series, Dirty Money, so I wanted to make sure that I read this one. If you haven't read the first book, you will want to know the the Price Brothers are small town Texas roughnecks. They grew up dirt poor in a trailer, then got lucky and it it big in the oil business. That's how we now have four roughneck billionaires who haven'
Dísir
Millionaire/Billionaire books aren’t exactly the sort of reads I go after, simply because their implausibility severely impedes my ability to suspend disbelief for this sub-genre in romance. But Jessica Clare’s Roughneck Billionaires who start out dirt poor and had their fortunes skyrocketing because of oil are a bunch of men who defy my expectations of fictional corporate raiders. They’re crude, somewhat unkempt, sometimes brutally uncouth, filterless and madly alpha, which can be a refreshing ...more
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Dirty Scoundrel is the second book in the Roughneck Billionaires series that is a standalone and a second chance romance.

Clay and Natalie are high school sweethearts. Clay has plans to propose to Natalie after meeting her father, Chap Weston, a former and very famous actor. What he doesn't know is that Chap has plans to break these two up.

Clay is left feeling that he isn't good enough for Natalie and that's why she broke up with him. Natalie is left feeling angry because she thinks Clay is brea
Meags
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
TL;DR: THE PREMISE ALONE GETS AN F FROM ME

***

THE STORY:
The synopsis is way too kind on the actual set up of this book. If I had known what I was actually getting into, I never would have picked this up. Clay Price, the hero, is a disgusting misogynist asshole. He completely takes advantage of Natalie, who is down on her luck and desperate.

The synopsis makes it sound like Clay comes in and offers her a legitimate job and the sexytimes are implied. No. He basically tells her that the "assisting"
Amanda Steward
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by NetGalley.

Okay at first I wasn’t so sure about this book. But the more I read the more I loved I understood the things the heroine was going through just recently losing my father. I did not read the first book in this series so I wasn’t familiar with some things he kept talking about with his brother and his wife. Plus this is also my first book by this author. But overall it was a good read. Can’t wait to read the next books in the series.
Julie
Nov 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Blinded by the thrill of young love, Clay and Natalie have their hearts filled with dreams. As high school sweethearts, the two make plans to marry and spend their lives together. A plan that is quickly met with resistance from Natalie’s father. After a little meddling on Natalie’s father’s part, the two find themselves fighting over the future. A relationship that fizzled after a lack of communication. An ending that would change the paths that these two would embark upon.

Now 7 years have pass
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
“I ain’t cut out to be a scoundrel. All I know how to do is be in love with you.”

You know, I’m trying to think of the best way to describe Dirty Scoundrel by Jessica Clare, and the first word that comes to mind is eccentric. Which is pretty accurate, when I think about it.

This is fun ride. It’s one of those books which makes me think I should maybe . . . probably . . . kind of abhor the hero, Clay, and his actions at first, but actually ended up finding them to be somewhat sweetly misguided. I
Bookgasms Book Blog
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy
Oh my, I kinda adore these rough, grumbly, dirty Roughneck Billionaires. They're so much fun to watch getting themselves in and out of trouble with the women in their lives! And Clay was no exception.

He's still trying to get over the love of his life, one Natalie Weston. Sure Clay has money, a job he loves and his brothers, but he's missing one thing: someone to share it all with.

Natalie is struggling. Forced to give up her dreams to take care of her ailing father, Natalie has never been able to
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Publisher via NetGalley***

3.5 Stars

Billionaires are, well, billionaires. They are suave, they are sophisticated, they live in mansions and they eat caviar.

At least that is the stereotype. And, then you meet the Price brothers. They are a different kind of billionaire...the kind that still live in the trailers where they grew up, or where they lived before they struck it rich.

And, they are so fun. They are different and there is an appeal to each story as they a
Maria Rose
Jessica Clare’s Dirty Scoundrel is the second book in her Roughneck Billionaires series. It’s also the first novel of hers that I’ve read, part of my quest to read more new to me authors this year (though she’d been on my to-read list for a while). The series name gives a good hint as to the background plot, that of poor ‘wrong side of the tracks’ brothers who strike it rich with a surprise find of oil on their land. Dirty Scoundrel is a second chance romance with a side of revenge, but if reven ...more
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: october-2017
MY RATING: 2.5/5

I was provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was my first Jessica Clare book and giving that this is book number two in the series of Roughneck Billionaires, it's not very fair for me to judge the book as part of the series. But seeing that each individual book can be read separately from its own, I'm going to judge solely based on Dirty Scoundrel by itself.

Dirty Scoundrel seemed to be following the troupe of enemies to lover romance and as well as second chance. I
Jessica
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a sweet second chance romance. Clay and Nat are such an easy couple to love and I just love all the supporting characters. I can’t wait for every Price Brother to get their own story. I love a blue collared H and this series takes the cake in that category, rags to riches and all that. There was something so sweet about this two first loves reuniting. Even when Clay was being a “Dirty Scoundral” he still had so many redeeming qualities.
Amanda Steward
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by NetGalley.

Mallory
Dec 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars

I haaaaate giving this book such a low score, but it was just horribly done. From the writing to the plot, it just fell flat. I really liked the first book, but this was like someone else wrote it. Not my cup of tea.
Katie(babs)
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dirty Scoundrel is another fun and sexy read by Jessica Clare. The hero here- Clay, the brother of the hero from the first book isn't as caveman alpha as his brother but he does have some of those tendencies (more toned down) when it concerns the heroine, Natalie. He wants revenge for her dumping him when she went off to college because her father manipulated the situation. But Clay still has strong feelings for Natalie, so his form of revenge is helping her and her now sick father (he has demen ...more
Wit & Wonder Books
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

Dirty Scoundrel by New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jessica Clare is the second book in the Roughneck Billionaires series. This series is about two hard-working brothers who made their fortune from oil. Now billionaires they have enough money to get whatever they want, or whoever they want.

Striking it rich in oil, Clay Price and his brother have everything that they could ever want, the perks of being billionaires. Clay however
April Symes
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, arc-review

Dirty Scoundrel is the 2nd book in the Roughneck Billionaires series by Jessica Clare. Clay and Natalie were high school sweethearts and were deeply in love. Clay had plans to propose to Natalie after he met her father, Chap Weston who is a former and famous actor. Only Chap didn’t want them together and planned to break them apart. There was miscommunication and misunderstandings between the two which had them on the outs and suddenly they had a huge blow up which ended their beautiful relation
Peggy M
I received an ARC of this book and this is my voluntarily, honest review of it.

I know when I open a book from Jessica Clare that it will be an easy and fun read. Perfect if you just want to relax for a few hours and think about nothing.

‘Dirty scoundrel’ is the second book in the Roughneck billionaires series. After being a little bit disappointed with the first book, I was curious about the second one and I can happily say that I enjoyed this one more. I don’t think that you have to read the fir
Emma
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wishlist
3.5/5
Natalie and Clay were high school sweethearts - although they were from opposite sides of the tacks (economically speaking)- they were both outcasts in their own ways. The depth of feeling they shared belied their years; although they weren't physically intimate, they were certainly headed in that direction but more than that they recognized their future in each other.

Unfortunately, their dreams of a happily ever after together were ripped apart by the machinations of Natalie's narcissistic
Katrina
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Let me start out by saying I loved this book! I might even go as far as to say that it was better than the first! Clay was an amazing character, yes he was a jerk at first but he had his reasons. Slowly though, he began to show his true colors and once he did I fell in love with him- there really is no way you could not. He is sweet, loving, protective, and totally amazing!!! Yes, his plan to get “revenge” on Natalie is bit outrages, which seems to be a trait in the Price brothers, but it takes ...more
Rough Draft Book Blog
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dirty Scoundrel by Jessica Clare
Clay and Natalie
I WAS ALL IN FROM THE BEGINNING
5 Stars

I knew going in that this one would be emotional. I knew I’d need tissues, beer, and a good supply of chocolate chip cookies. It was humorous, charming, unpredicted, and heartbreaking.

Natalie is so darn cute. I love her spunkiness even though she sometimes smiles through gritted teeth. Her life from the outside would seem to be privileged and posh, but it’s anything but. She tried her hardest to make her fathe
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Hooked on Trouble (Over the Top #3)
  • Full Contact (Redemption, #3)
  • American Asshole (Bachelor International Book 1)
  • La verità è che non ti odio abbastanza
  • Recklessly Royal (The Royals, #2)
  • Retreat (Getaway, #1)
  • Something So Perfect (Something So, #2)
  • The House Mate (Roommates, #3)
  • Questo amore sarà un disastro
  • The Marriage Arrangement (Marriage to a Billionaire #0.5)
  • Dirty Doctor (Steamy Coffee Collection, #2)
  • Never Kiss an Outlaw (Deadly Pistols MC, #2)
  • Chasing Vivi (The Men of Crestview #2)
  • Caged (Mastered, #4)
  • Wingman [Woman]
  • Frozen
  • The Stocking was Hung (The Holidays, #1)
  • Tapping the Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)
This is a pen name for Jill Myles.

Jill Myles has been an incurable romantic since childhood. She reads all the 'naughty parts' of books first, looks for a dirty joke in just about everything, and thinks to this day that the Little House on the Prairie books should have been steamier.

After devouring hundreds of paperback romances, mythology books, and archaeological tomes, she decided to write a fe

Roughneck Billionaires (3 books)
  • Dirty Money (Roughneck Billionaires, #1)
  • Dirty Bastard (Roughneck Billionaires, #3)