Start by marking “Flux (The Flux, #1)” as Want to Read:
Flux (The Flux, #1)

Flux

(The Flux Series #1)

I was just like any other twenty-two-year-old until a horrific tragedy changes everything.

Published May 30th 2017 by Warwick House Press

To ask other readers questions about Flux, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flux

Start your review of Flux (The Flux, #1)
Anne
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yet another winning start to a new series from Marissa Farrar! She just seems to have a knack of pulling me in to a story right from the very beginning so that I don’t want to put it down!

The characters are all believable, despite the unique and what should be unbelievable ‘talents’ of the Kin. Some are very likeable, others not so much, which gives a good balance to the story. The jury is still out on Kit as far as I’m concerned!

Full of pace yet an easy, flowing read, which is typical of Maris
Lucy Hay
Fun paranormal romance/thriller that's bound to appeal to fans of such series as DIVERGENT and TWILIGHT. Set in San Francisco, Arianna is plunged into a waking nightmare after being caught up in a bombing that kills her beloved older sister Karina. Grief-struck, she soon begins to notice weird goings-on around her, such as lightbulbs popping and car alarms going off. Most of all, there are people following her, including the gorgeous Hunter and the ominous men in black ... What could they all wa ...more
Charlotte
The flux series part #1.
By Marissa Farrer.

I'm a huge fan of Marissa's books. The very first books I ever read were the Serenity series which gripped me from the very first page. Ever since I have flown through her books as they come out.

Marissa's genres vary from hot steamy romances, shifters to urban fantasy and all things paranormal.

Marissa's paranormal are by far my favorite and now this superb urban fantasy definitely fits in there for me.

Flux is an excellent start to a new series. I thoroug
Dawn Higgins
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Entertating and fabulous.

I loved this first book from Marissa Farrar in the flux series,it was different from her other books i have read,which makes a refreshing change as i like to read a different varity of books out of the gene i normally read.
This urban fantasy series got me hooked right away after Ari had been involed in a bombing blast accident and came out with only a few bumps and scratches,where most of the people around her either died along with her sister or was seriously injured.
Sh
Tracie Delaney
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ari is just a normal girl trying to figure out her place in the world until a terrifying event wakes something within her; something which means Ari is far from normal.

When a handsome young man named Hunter shows up, he also shows Ari what her capabilities are - and what the future holds.

But there are forces at work; those which don't like the powers people like Ari wield - and they're willing to go to any lengths to stop them.

Now, I'll be honest - when I read the description for this book in my
Sara Fitzgerald
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Marissa has a way of pulling you into a story right from the first paragraph, this is no exception.
Government conspiracy or corporate experiment? A group of young people come together after not only losing their mother's, but also a personal tragedy happens.
Weaving through this mystery a blossoming love story......
I have loved her other series and this one looks like it will be a winner as well.
Cannot wait for book 2
Book Monitor
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who likes YA and romance.
This was such a good read. It really flowed well and gripped from the beginning. Ari is caught up in a bombing. (sadly all too realistic today). Her sister is killed but she not only survives she starts to experience some strange phenomena.... and thus the story begins. Throw in a group of people with strange abilities, a group of men in black, a family or two, strange weather, electrics going wrong, kidnapping and murder. If you aren't left breathless I don't understand it. well written and goo ...more
Sue Wallace
Flux by Marissa farrar.
Ari survives a bomb in a restaurant which her sister was killed. She has lots of emotions and strange things starts to happen around her?
An absolutely fantastic read. Couldn't put it down. Loved Ari. And Hunter. Can't wait to read more. 5*. Highly recommended.
Linda Levine
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good read and I am looking forward to more books in the series. It has an interesting premise about young people that get telekinetic abilities after experiencing a stressful situation like an accident.

Ari and her sister are victims of a bombing and it changes the course of her life. She suddenly has these new powers and a gorgeous guy is telling her that she needs to come with him to learn more about her abilities. Hunter is like her and he has the ability to move and control
Julie Smith
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing

When I wake up in hospital with barely a scratch, strange things start happening. At first I believe I’m being haunted by my lost loved one, until a leather-jacketed man called Hunter confronts me. Turns out the paranormal events are coming from within me, and the terrible incident has released an ability I have no control over.

And I’m not the only one.

Hunter takes me deep beneath my home city of San Fra
Romaine Heart
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Ari and her sister were in an explosion, her entire world would be changing forever. She has lost her sister, a black leathered guy is stalking her as well as men in black suits. What do these men want?
Hunter and the other members of the secret group known as Kin, all have special telekinetic powers due to experiments that were used on their mothers. He helps Ari as she struggles to control her powers before she puts everyone in danger. Who was behind these experiments?
Kit is the leader of
AJ Wilcox
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A new series from Marissa Farrar that starts with a bang!

A young woman (Ari) survives an explosion that kills her older sister. Upon awaking in the hospital her strong emotions cause disruptions in the electrical systems, but she’s not aware that it is herself, using uncontrolled telekinesis, causing this phenomenon.
She meets Hunter, there is an attraction, but something still bothers her about him. There are others like her and there is much intrigue, secret places and meetings, and Government
Gina
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am in awe. No, seriously. This book is awe inspiring.

I spent a fair amount of time thinking of who I would cast as each character when this becomes a major motion picture.

The story gripped me from the very first page and didn't let go. The action is real and you feel as if you are right there in the thick of things.

The characters are completely relatable. Especially Ari, I felt like we could be best friends. I adore Hunter and may have a small soft spot for Kit too.

I loved the twists and turns
Simon Leonard
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a very enjoyable book. the story follows a girl called Arianna who at the start of the book is involved in an explosion at a cafe, which kills a close family member. This explosion unlocks some special powers in Arianna's head giving her the power of telekinesis. the story follows her as she learns to control her new found powers and joins a new gang who all have similar powers as her. As this is the first book in the series it is slightly slow going in places as we are introd ...more
Mark
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book is very much done to formula for YA novels in which a teen discovers she has a superpower. Beat for beat it recalls films like Twilight, and TV series like The Tomorrow People. So the author clearly knows her tropes. She still brings her own voice to things and her own ingredients to the “same but different” approach used here. I found it easy to get into the story and into her storytelling. And the electrical spark between the young lovers, between our heroine and the hero that initia ...more
Gillian
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I love the fact that Marissa can write any genre no matter what. I have loved all of her books from the Serenity Series where I started to the Monster Trilogy and Dirty Shots to name but a few, I have read all the books Marissa has written and loved each and every one of them. Marissa has a way of writing that draws you in from the first page and makes you feel at home and this new book Flux is no exception. This is a great first book to a new series and can't wait for the next book to come out.
Sue
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ari is involved in a life shattering event but when strange things start happening around her she thinks she’s losing her mind, the truth however is far more complicated than she could ever imagine.
With powers she never knew she possessed awakening and with a threat to her life and the lives of others like her, Ari needs to learn control and fast or she could be the biggest threat to them all.
A interesting and exciting read containing danger and intense emotions that will keep you stuck to the s
D. Messing
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting direction in a new series from one of my favorite authors! I loved the premise of the story, cause and effect of medication that may or may not affect the developing fetus in the future. I also was very impressed that it briefly discussed Hyperemesis Gravidarum, which as a H.G. survivor, doesn't get talked about much! I'm not going to give away anything, but it a fabulous story, well thought out, as always beautifully written, and engrossing!
Emma Ounsworth
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good for Urban Fantasy fans.

I enjoyed this book, found it very easy to read with likeable characters and good descriptions.
The story flowed along nicely at a good pace, keeping me interested and giving good insight into the powers that these people have.
I will continue to read this series as I'm looking forward to finding more out about Ari and how her relationship develops with Hunter plus how the Kit storyline will progress.
A good effort, well worth a read.
Sherri Wyman
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ari lost her sister in a tragic bombing. That kind of thing would change anyone right? For Ari it unlocks dormant telekinetic power and changes her whole world.

Hunter comes out of nowhere. He holds a certain appeal, but can he be trusted? Secret hideouts, men in black, mind manipulation.... maybe she's just going crazy.... or maybe not.

I highly recommend this action packed story. The book is well written with fantastic characters you'll quickly come to love. A definite must read!
Linda
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this latest book from Marissa Farrar, always love a new series with the potential it holds. A very explosive start to this new series, with plenty of action and twists. Really looking forward to how the story will develop - for Ari to learn more about her new abilities and how to harness her powers and how her relationships with the other members of the Kin will pan out. So much potential, looking forward to book 2!
Shawn
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ari just survived a horrible bombing and her sister didn't. Now weird things are happening around her and some strange, yet super hot, guy seems to follow her. When she confronts him, he tells her some really hard to believe stuff about her new powers, that he can help her and that the government may be after her.

An interesting take on the superhero (or at least people with super powers) genre, this is a great start to what can only be a great series.
Jessica Zeleskey
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It is not a style I read a lot but from reading the preview I am so glad I did. This book takes you on an action pack ride with twists and turns around every corner. I can't wait to read book two and see where this author goes with the book. If you like adventure, a touch of romance, cool powers this book is for you!
Ken Liljengren
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Sorry Ms Farrar
not really my cup of tea.

Ken
Ttwu
Oct 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not for me...

Not for me. This book reads like a teen novel. It is hard to believe that Ari as well as Hunter are in their 20's.
Phthon
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked how this takes place in modern times in our world, but with a twist. I liked the characters and the whole plot! I can't wait to read the next one!
Bobbie Makin
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
one of the saddest beginnings to any of her books that i have read so far love the twists and turns
Erin
Jul 28, 2017
mick murphy
Dec 01, 2017
Ann I Salazar
Jul 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Marissa Farrar is a multi-published romance and fantasy author. She was born in Devon, England, loves to travel and has lived in both Australia and Spain. She now resides in the countryside with her husband, three children, a crazy Spanish dog, two rescue cats and six hens. She has a degree in Zoology, but her true love has always been writing.

Marissa is the author of sixteen novels, including th

News & Interviews