Start by marking “Sweet Dreams (Beach Squad, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Dreams (Beach Squad, #1)

Sweet Dreams

(Beach Squad #1)

After the devastating loss of my parents when I was in college, I vowed to focus all my energy on fulfilling my promise to my mom: to open up the hot chocolate store we’d always dreamed of running together. No distractions. My plans are set.

But things heat up faster than I can handle when a bronzed lifeguard sets his sights on me in the most delicious of ways. Mix in a sta
Published February 22nd 2018 by Amazon Digital Services (first published February 15th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Dreams

Start your review of Sweet Dreams (Beach Squad, #1)
Molly O'Hare
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun beach read! You instantly fall in love with both characters in this story, and it is so sweet I think I got a tooth ache. This was my first book by Marika and will NOT be my last!
Heather Vandine
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by this author and I definitely plan on reading more. This is a really romantic sweet book. It has a lot of twist and turns with some suspense thrown in. I recommend this book.
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Badass Bloggettes
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love it when I find a new author who hits all my reading needs. It is even better when I’m on the ground floor with an author who is destined for success. Sweet Dreams is the first book in her Beach Squad series it is also the debut book by Marika Ray. It doesn’t get any better than that for a reader.

What grabs my heart is that I love both main characters from the beginning. Lately, it seems that one character or the other must convince me that they are worthy. Not the case here. Esa is tr
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
This was a good start to a new series. This was also the debut book by Marika Ray and I was certainly impressed by it.

Both main characters were likable and both coming into their meeting and subsequent relationship with baggage. Esa has been dealing with trying to achieve her dreams after the loss of her parents. They were her biggest supporters and her losing them changed her world. Then other events that also happened in college have her just wanting to focus on her business. Enter Ivan with
aicha
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Looking for a sweet read with no weak ass heroines and manwhore heroes Cuz i definitely do then this is it.
It was definitely great for a debut novel.
A strong likable heroine and such a sweet, swoon worthy hero.
An interesting story with sad back stories of both characters that does somehow make you emotional.
No OW/OM drama.
But to make it interesting a stalker was added to the mix, but it was easy knowing who it was, i thought maybe the author could've made it more mysterious and not so easy to gu
Harlow Layne
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, sweet read! Perfect for warming you up on a cold winter's day. This was my first book by Marika and will NOT be my last! I can't to read more of this series!
Pelusa Rivera
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Received an ARC at no cost to author....it is as the name says...sweet. you will fall in love with Esa and ivan...do yourself a favor and read the book. Esa has had a difficult life and she is as loyal as they come and fortunately she finally gets a break in the form of Ivan.Enjoy!!
Ensley
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book. It made me smile. I like how strong and vulnerable Esa is...a perfect sweet blend - just like the hot chocolate she loves so much!!! And Ivan is the perfect whip cream on top!....perfect for her.
KarenJo Custodio
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun, sweet and steamy! Full review to come.

4 ★ – Sweet, Adorable and Deliciously Swoony

This book pleasantly surprised me and had my heart melting from the start. With delicious chemistry, hilarious bantering, steamy sexy scenes, and heartwarming friendships, Sweet Dreams by Marika Ray is a delightfully fun debut novel.

The plot was well-paced, never dull, and satisfyingly intriguing through the end. Even though I predicted who the stalker was, I thought the mystery aspect was still really fun. Th
Michelle Austin
description

Sweet Dreams was a good 4 star read.
This is my first read from Marika Ray and a good start to this series.

Esa has not only lost her parents,she also had to deal with a stalker in college.
We jump ahead a few years, Esa and her best friend are living in California. They are both making their dreams happen. Esa has her own hot chocolate shop, a dream that she always had planned with her mother and now its a reality.

Esa and Bailey are doing their morning run
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweeter than all the hot chocolate in the world, Sweet Dreams is the epitome of feel good, melt your heart romance. Sprinkled with a bit of mystery Esa and Ivan’s story will have you longing to be lounging on a beach full of hot lifeguards while reading. I lost count of how many times I said “awww” while reading this. Between fantastic friends, wonderful family, and Ivan himself I was in a constant state of warm and fuzzy feelings.

Esa was a total sweetheart. Fiercely independent and tackling th
Kristen Lewendon
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I want to say that this was so sweet, but I’m not sure I can legitimately use that line in a book where one of the major plot lines is a stalker terrorizing the heroine. But, outside of that traumatic circumstance, the connections Esa shares with the important people in her life is so precious and wonderful. She would do anything for her friends and ‘family’, just as they’re prepared to go to the ends of the earth for her. Ivan’s the kind of hero that book boyfriend fantasies are made of: he’s s ...more
Brandy Roberts
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really loved Sweet dreams it had me from the blurb to the cover to the words the end it was just one of those books that stay with you after finishing and leaves you wanting to read more by the author and that's what Marika Ray has done . Both characters were lovable and a bit frustrating but over all great character build and just perfect for one another just what the other needed after some of the things they have been through . I can't wait to read more by the author especially in the Beach s ...more
Kaye
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ONE LOOK, ONE TOUCH AND TWO BECAME ONE!!!
A beautifully written, even paced, easy to follow read with twists and turns that keep you captivated from the first page and held prisoner till the very last word. Your attention is so focused you're frozen to your seat nor take your eyes from the page. With a rollercoaster of emotions and unpredictable you don't see coming till it hits you head on. With a strong bond between the main characters and past events that need working through they grow even cl
Anne Baker
Sweet Contemporary Romance.
For a debut book this story was very well written, lots of depth to the characters and great storyline for this YA read. Esa Grant has her own shop called Chocolate Dreams. Her BF Bailey is sassy and such fun. Bailey was the glue that kept Esa together since her parents were killed in a car accident. Esa gets stung by a jellyfish and in comes Ivan a marine safety officer to help. There was intrigue, a stalker, romance and sexy scenes to this story. This is my honest re
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Esa is a shy woman with a huge heart, who is determined to get her business up & running, after a losing her parents & a disastrous relationship in college, she refuses to get into another relationship. Fate has other plans for her, and when she meets Ivan, she can't help the feelings that are quickly developing. But life is still not done with her, and Esa finds herself being terrorized by a stalker. Sweet Dreams was a story that I thoroughly enjoyed, because like Esa's hot chocolate, it was su ...more
Amanda
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was asked by the author for an honest review.

I would have liked to give Sweet Dreams 4.5 stars. Plus any author who quotes Vanilla Ice songs should get bonus points. This was the first book I've read by Marika Ray and it's definitely a stand alone novel, but I'm looking forward to reading more of the series.

I liked the characters, especially that there was a strong female lead carrying a little extra weight without weight being a big deal in the relationship (no weight loss required). Having
Emily Pennington
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is a kind, sweet story that is well worth the read. The two main characters, although they have things to overcome, have big hearts and a great deal of love and kindness for others. They are the type you want to see succeed and fall in love. Eva is trying to fulfill a promise made to her deceased mom to open a hot chocolate shop. Ivan is a lifeguard who sees the type of person Eva is and is drawn to her. Threatened with a stalker, Eva has friends who love her and will support her.

There is m
Sherry Westendorf
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr
First she looses her parents while in college then she get stung in the water and this hot life guard has to save her. She is starting a shop her and her mother had wanted to start when her mother was alive. Then to find out she has a stalker. She has great friends though who are her backup and place to heal. This is a sweet, exciting, emotional, fun and so much more read. I really enjoyed it. I was given a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Jennifer Soppe
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am voluntarily reviewing a copy of this book that I received for free.

Esa, owner of a gourmet hot chocolate shop, and Ivan, a lifeguard, make an instant connection when Esa gets stung by a jellyfish when running on the beach. As the story progresses a stalker emerges, guilt and stubbornness abound, but love eventually finds a way. With Snarky heroines and protective heroes Sweet Dreams is a nice weekend read for lovers of steamy romantic suspense.

A good steamy weekend beach read!
Angela
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a hot, enjoyable read. Marika has some interesting characters, especially her women. I thought Ivan was a little flat - too sexy, too perfect, too good, too willing to talk everything out. But the Beach Squad are seriously fun and kickin' ladies! This isn't literature, but it's a fun beach or commuting read with a little mystery, a little drama, and a whole lot of love. I received an advance copy of this novel in return for my honest review.
Debra Richardson
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is not what I was expecting – it is so much better! Off the charts sex, witty banter, humour and amazing chemistry you will read in this book. There is a stalker and the characters grow stronger on every page – amazing character development. This book is well written, the pot is well developed and consistent. It is an amazing, enjoyable read that comes highly recommended. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me, and I will certainly be reading more of her work in the future. Eva is working hard to fulfil her promise to her deceased Mom, and Ivan is a lifeguard. These two are drawn to each other, and have many obstacles to overcome, No spoilers; this is a must read, you will not be disappointed! This is a sweet story, which has a stalker, twists, suspense, mystery, humour, and love, all which had me hooked and intrigued throughout. Looking forward to reading the next story in ...more
Lisa Jolly
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free and l am volunteering to leave a review.

This is the first book in the series and it’s a fantastic start to the series.

Esa has fulfilled her dreams of opening a hot chocolate shop. After losing her parents and and being in an abusive relationship she is concentrating on her shop. She meets Ivan who is a lifeguard. With drama, a stalker, twists and turns and a great story line l enjoyed this book.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the first book in a series, and the first book I've read by Marika Ray. I really enjoyed this book. Esa and Ivan make a perfect couple. They are a warm, friendly, compassionate couple, and are surrounded by great friends. I loved seeing their relationship grow, and Esa's circle of friends widening. This was a great kick-off to a new series, and I can't wait to see what continues.

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Tammi
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great title for this book. A sweet dreamy start a love story. She was stung by a jellyfish, he was the lifeguard who "saved" her. A knight in bright colored board shorts came to the rescue of the fair haired maiden in a bikini. It was a sandy fairytale.
But that quickly changed it became a mystery. She had a stalker and I had a fearful suspicion who it was and I was not happy. I read on watching them fall in love but I wasn't alone, someone else was watching and didn't seem to like it. There was
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a series that is starting with Esa, and her two best friends trying to start their lives off and it isn't going as planned , she has a stalker and then she has Ivan and the whole time you are seeing just how sweet this can be but with a scary series of events, I can not wait for the next book.

You have got to read this book
Darnell MR Hart
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!!!!

Outstanding!!!!!! Marika Ray has a true winner with this book.
Esa is a woman that we some of wish we could have as friend. Ivan is the man that we all are looking for, not for his looks but for his heart and soul.

Tanya
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i got a free copy
this was such a lovely read after a sad beginning. it will draw you in and make you wish that everything will work out in the end. you will be unable to put it down until you see where it ends.
Reckless Readers
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, where to even begin with Sweet Dreams? For a debut book, Marika has done an amazing job. You wouldn't think this is her first book. Sweet Dreams has a plot that got me invested, I wanted to know what would happen next. Esa has been through so much, Ivan is perfect for her. This book is the perfect mix of drama, emotion, and angst. I look forward to reading more of the Beach Squad series.

***Reviewed by Codie***
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Hard Wood (Hard Wood, #1; Hard n' Dirty, #3)
  • Her Declaration of Independence (The Fireworks Series)
  • Her Massive Missile (The Fireworks Series)
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • Stealing My Best Friend (Lovers' Lane #1)
  • Rafe (Texas Boudreau Brotherhood, #1)
  • Homecoming King
  • Protecting You (Bailey Brothers, #1)
  • Stone Cold Kiwi (New Zealand Ever After, #2)
  • Crushing on My Neighbor (Lovers' Lane #2)
  • Fighting for Us (Bailey Brothers, #2)
  • Lexi Cocker (Cocker Brothers Book 25)
  • Confessions of a Bookaholic
  • Waiting for Forever (Hope Valley, #8)
  • Smug Bastard
  • Arrogant Aussie (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Theirs to Keep
  • Carved in Ink (London Inked Boys #1)
Marika is a national best selling author writing steamy RomComs and sweet romances to make your heart explode and bring a smile to your face. She lives by the beach and posts a delightful number of hot lifeguard pictures.

Drop your email to be notified when each book releases: http://bit.ly/MarikaRayNews

Be sure to add my new releases to your TBR Today!

Auburn Hell Series

Love Bank (Jobs from Hell, #1) by Marika Ray Uber Bossy (Jobs From Hell, #2) by Marika Ray Man Glitter (Jobs from Hell #2.5) by Marika Ray

Nickel Bay Broth

Beach Squad (5 books)
  • Love on the Defense (Beach Squad, #2)
  • Barefoot Chaos (Beach Squad, #3)
  • Beach Babe Billionaire (Beach Squad, #4)
  • Brighter Than the Boss (Beach Squad, #5)