Start by marking “Rule #1 Don't Be #2” as Want to Read:
Rule #1 Don't Be #2

Rule #1 Don't Be #2

In his fourth book, RULE #1 DON’T BE #2, Daniel Milstein inspires like never before, challenging us to dream BIG with his charismatic candor, giving us each a compelling glimpse into our own limitless potential. In addition to Dan’s riveting accounts of overcoming adversity, Rule #1 Don’t Be #2 captivates with countless stories of those who’ve dominated their respective fi ...more
Published July 25th 2017 by Gold Star Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rule #1 Don't Be #2, please sign up.
Nance & Joanna Biswas There are 144 pages filled with quotable quotes from the author. It's a page-turner! :)

Start your review of Rule #1 Don't Be #2
N.N. Light
Stop what you’re doing right now and pick up this book!

Whether you are an entrepreneur, business manager, teacher, writer, student, professional athlete, or in-between opportunities, you’re not dreaming BIG enough and need some hard-hitting motivation. Rule #1, Don’t be #2 is Dan Milstein’s fourth book and boy, is it inspiring! Dan’s writing style is similar (I imagine) to talking with him in person. He shows us, through catchy, digestible phrases and his own experiences, how to liv
Rick Andrews
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Thanks to Goodreads & Daniel Milstein for this giveaway..........
I didn't read the whole book, but it seemed to me to be the usual "power of positive thinking" stuff.
Maybe others will find this more inspiring & useful than I did. What I did find amazing is that ALL 34 previous reviews were 5 stars. Every one! Everybody raved about this book. Is this even possible?
Christopher Lawson
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a book of Life PRECEPTS. Although targeted at business readers, RULE #1 is really applicable to all of life. The book is not a "how to" guide; rather, it is a series of life lessons learned the hard way by Mr. Milstein.

Even though a Kindle version is available, I recommend you stick with the hardcopy. (The audio version might also be helpful.) This is one of those books you will want to have around and browse through sometimes. I think the actual format and presentation helps
Grady
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
‘You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.’

Daniel Milstein is the Founder and CEO of the Gold Star Family of Companies, operating in over 40 offices worldwide, specializing in financial services, sports management, publishing and film production. Under Dan’s visionary leadership, Gold Star has been named among Inc. magazine’s 500 Fastest Growing Companies in America. Having read all four of David’s books – STREET SMART SELLING, 17 CENTS AND
Janet Womack
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received Rule #1 Don't Be #2 as a Goodreads giveaway. It is a wonderfully written motivational book. It will inspire you to make advances in your personal and professional life.
John J.
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To fully grasp the massive amount of wisdom, advice, and strategies for success in Daniel Milstein's impressive and attractive new book, "Rule #1 - Don't Be #2" try to imagine rows and rows of stacked books by the most successful people of the past decade, century and millennia. Now imagine trying to read through all of these books. It would probably take a lifetime. And then it would be too late to put any of your newly learned strategies to work.

Instead, Daniel Milstein has written
Norm Goldman
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookpleasures
Are you aware, as Daniel Milstein points out in his most recent time, Rule #1 DON'T BE #2 that ninety-seven percent of people who have a dream will never realize them while only three percent of those who dreamed about pursing their passion will be successful? How do some people gravitate toward success while others seem to be constantly spinning their wheels and even in some instances barely making ends meet.

Okay, as I began reading this book, I had to ask myself if this is another
Susan Keefe
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you don’t sell yourself nobody else will!

This book is a true gem, it is empowering, inspirational, ruthlessly honest, but most importantly it is probably the most outstandingly motivational book you will ever read, if you REALLY want your dream to come true.

Why? Because it’s written by a man who knows what he’s talking about. You see, in 1991, Daniel Milstein and his parents arrived in America, they were fleeing the religious and political persecution which raged in their native
Emory Daniels
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Milstein Teaches That Success Not Accidental But is Earned Each Day

You never retire from striving for success because it is an activity that requires daily commitment, planning, and deliberate action. Take it from the mentor of successful living, Daniel Milstein who just released his newest book packed with secrets to success – “Rule #1, Don’t Be #2: you get what you work for – not what you wish for.”

This wonderful book is filled with nuggets of inspiration such as:
Larry Hostetler
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
The book is a hard one to rate. It is a cheerleading book on positive thinking in business. Of the 231 pages over 100 are filled with maxims such as "The only time you run out of chances is when you don't take them" and "A goal without a plan is just a wish." And of the remaining 130 or less pages, many have a pericope or two in larger font. So if everything were in the same size font the book would be about 100 pages long. Nothing wrong with that, but given the content it fits more in the cheer ...more
D
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dan Milstein, best-selling author, motivational speaker and business executive has laid out his 25 rules for how he got where he is in his personal life and career. Rule #1 Don’t Be #2 - You Get What You Work For, Not What You Wish For, helps you reach your highest potential.

This book is not one for “cute” phrases that can be hung on your wall, but one that is filled with honest insight and motivational excerpts from Milstein’s life. Milstein’s book states his straightforward philosophy to his
Neva Womack
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book which my daughter received from a Goodreads giveaway. It had so much good advice for everyday struggles as well as occupational ones. Below are some of the best motivational sayings that I read in this book.
Success means working hard every day and making the necessary sacrifices to accomplish often-challenging goals.
It is not about being the best. It's about being better than you were yesterday.
Dreams don't work unless you do.
One year from no
Sharathkumar
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Go and grab this book and start reading. This book is for everyone.

The book is filled with catchy lines, inspiring stories and habits to adopt in our life. I have read many motivational books and It would surely be on the top of that. Most of the ideas have been already there or said in many of the motivational books. But I find stories to back up certain points more useful.

My favorite quote from the book is :
"It is not about being best. It is about being better tha
Elisa
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
The majority of this book consists of a collection of generic, large print inspirational slogans splashed across every other page. The remaining text divulges that the key to success is to think positive, work hard, have a plan, and never give up. What a revelation! Not once had this ground-breaking strategy occurred to me before now! Keep in mind that the entire tome can be read cover-to-cover in 45 minutes or less (leaning heavily toward less). Absolutely zero in-depth analysis. Perhaps most i ...more
Quinn
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway. The only thing that saved this book from a 2 star rating was the few pages on being a mystery shopper to scope out your competition. Otherwise the book was quite literally a book of common quotes about being successful such as "Start chasing being the best".
Diane Hirt
The author succeeds in offering inspirational statements, vision and passion. The book is direct and conveys high energy and commitment. Not necessarily new thoughts but good catch phrases to inspire any reader.
Amanda
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a this book from a Goodreads giveaway. This is a small book and a quick read. While the book may be inspirational for some, I found the information to be pretty generic as far as motivational advice.
Lisa DeWaard
Jan 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
I supposedly won this book in a goodreads giveaway, but never received it even after several attempts to reach the author. If he can't be bothered to respond to his readers, his advice can't be that good. So I recommend staying away from this book.
Crissy
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won!
I can't wait to receive and I will update my review when I finish reading!
Thanks!
Ahmad Rifai
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good

Nance & Joanna Biswas
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
A short page-turner on how to achieve success in your professional or personal life!
Christine
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just won a copy of this book. Review to follow once I have received it.
Sandra
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Average writing, average advice... not very interesting.
Tara
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
A quick read. Has a lot of good motivational quotes.
Alain Burrese
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Daniel Milstein's “Rule #1 Don't Be #2: You Get What You Work For, Not What You Wish For” is a hard-hitting kick in the pants to get you up and make things happen. It's an easy, fun, book to read, and it contains empowering inspiration throughout.

Milstein is brutally honest when it comes to his thoughts on success. You need to work, and you need to work hard. It won't always be comfortable, you will fail at times, and it will always be challenging. But you must remain positive, committed, and n
Rhonda Rogers
Oct 07, 2017
Alycia Canfield
each chapter is a new "life lesson". Of the 231 pages over 100 are filled with maxims Like "A goal without a plan is just a wish." it was a great read for me I loved it.
Joseph Warner
Jun 28, 2017
Mariah Coleno
Apr 30, 2018
Robin Stone
Jan 01, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Queen's Spy (The Tudor Mystery Trials #1)
  • The China-America Alliance: East Asian and American Cultural Values Promote Global Harmony
  • The Invisible Game: Mindset of a Winning Team