Start by marking “Manny Get Your Guy (The Mannies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Manny Get Your Guy (The Mannies, #2)

Manny Get Your Guy (The Mannies #2)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  456 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Starting over and falling in love.

Tino Robbins’s sister, Nica, and her husband, Jacob, are expecting their fifth child. Fortunately, Nica’s best friend, Taylor Cochran, is back in town, released from PT and in need of a job.

After years in the service and recovering from grave injury, Taylor has grown a lot from the callow troublemaker he’d been in high school. Now he’s hop
ebook, Dreamspun Desires #37, 236 pages
Published July 1st 2017 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Manny Get Your Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manny Get Your Guy

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

If you haven't read the first Mannies book, you'll be lost from page 1.

Manny Get Your Guy is set approximately 10 years after the first book ends, and the characters from that story are ever present here: Tino and his husband Channing, as well as their son (Channing's nephew) Sammy, now all grown up; Nica (Tino's sister) and her husband Jake (Tino's best friend), plus their four children and a fifth (!) on the way; and Tino and Nica's amazing parents.

There's a huge focus on family in this
☆ Todd
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

Wow, *5* kids? Really??? I have to agree with Brandon when he said:
“For God’s sake, Jakey, get off of her!”

This story picked up 10 years after book 1, where Taylor had been hitting on Tino, while he was falling in love with Channing, and being manny to 7 y.o. Sammy.

Tyler had since spent 6 years in the military and, after being partially blown up, grown up a lot. But he still had tons of doubts about his self-worth and floundering as to what would make his life feel complete.

Turns out, b
BWT (Belen)
Jun 07, 2017 marked it as i-hated-or-dnf
DNF @ 20% - no rating

I'm going to DNF - it's been three days of trying to read this, with very little success, and I just haven't had luck engaging with the story.

Maybe it's because I was a bit lost with the introduction of so many characters that have obviously already been developed, and I wouldn't really classify this (at this point) as a standalone.

Maybe it's a mood I'm in. I don't know, but I'm really not enjoying it and don't want to continue. Maybe I'll read the first book one day and th
Lelyana's Reviews
Amy Lane and her life lessons...*sigh*

I was a little bit overwhelmed by 'the kids' Nica and Jacob have. I can't imagine having five kids and counting...OMG LOL!
They need an education of 'family planning' stat!
This book cannot read as a stand alone, because, there's so many things and people from book one and I think this is like a sequel, sequel. So, read about Tino and Channing the you can read this one.
When Tino in the previous book taking care of one child, imagine how Taylor manage taking ca
Catherine
*** DNF @ 20% ***

The beginning of this book was filled with background story and baggage and a million extraneous details that I'm sure the author thought was folksy or quirky or mimicking the chaos of 'real life' but that I just found supremely irritating.

I hate to give up on the book before the main characters really start to interact, but... Nope. Can't do it. I cannot read another 200 pages of this nonsense.
Denise H.
*** Terrific tale of a wounded Warrior finding a "family" and an unlikely love !
Young Brandon, 22, has been with Jacob and Nica's family for awhile, and works construction.

They took him in when his folks kicked him out for being gay.
Taylor, 29, had a violent childhood and was injured overseas.

Nica, his best friend from grade school, has always been there for him. He's scarred and struggles every day with his ravaged muscles and only one eye. He'll be babysitting Nica and Jacob's 4 kids becau
Lissa
So apparently this book is part of a series, and I didn't bother to read the first one (and I won't, either, because I have absolutely no interest in doing so after reading this book). Normally, I read series in order and give a little leeway in the rating to the few that I don't read in order, but...I really think the book would be something that I disliked intensely regardless of whether I had read the first book or not.

My first problem is that this book doesn't really feel like a romance. Oh,
Trio
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-r2r, audio-book, mm
When I saw the title Manny Get Your Guy, I admit I figured it for the kind of sweet and easy comfort read Amy Lane does so beautifully. On one hand that is completely true, but nestled in amongst the banter between old friends, some scorching sexual tension, and several just plain adorable scenes with the kids, Lane slips in a powerful message. Duty, family, honor, and appreciating what we have.

Manny Get Your Guy is the second in The Mannies Series but can definitely be read as a standalone.

Ther
Christy
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars ~ One of the first things that I loved about book one in this series, is how full of family it is. That feeling of no matter what happens in your life, you can ask for help, and it'll be given immediately, no questions asked. How sometimes your family consists of more than just blood relatives, people who have become family because they've been there for so long. I grew up in a family like that and I'm grateful every day for it. Taylor didn't. Neither did Brandon. That's okay, though, ...more
Carly
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have, kids, m-m, romance
I like this universe very much and it was lovely to revisit Tino and Channing and Nica and Jake.

I liked the man Taylor became and while Brandon seemed pushy at the beginning I loved how they were there for each other when it counted and when it was needed.

I like Amy Lane's families of choice. And while I don't think Brandon's family deserved the second chance I liked how Brandon put his foot down and was willing and able to fight for his actual family. I also loved them with the kids.

It was a
Morgan  Skye
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I definitely think you need to have read “The Virgin Manny” for this to make a lot of sense. While I suppose there’s enough information for it to be a standalone, really, the first part of the story and all the background is found in the earlier book.

We met Taylor when he was young and dumb and full of … well, spunk and attitude.
He didn’t make any friends with the way he was hiding and that sense of self-loathing has lingered. Now he’s a new man with a ton of baggage. It wouldn’t be an Amy stor
Sandra
This book is a sequel of sorts to The Virgin Manny, set about 10 years after the first book. If you've read the first book, you'll remember Nica, Tino's sister, and her now-husband Jacob/baby-daddy, who can't seem to stop procreating, as kid number five is on the way. And Nica needs help.

Thankfully, her best friend Taylor (he who was sort of dating Nica while hitting on Tino in book 1 while Tino was falling for Channing) is back in town, and 10 years is enough time to forgive and forget, right?
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Note: This book was provided to me by the publisher through Hearts on Fire Reviews in exchange for an impartial review.

Amy Lane can tug my heartstrings better than any other author in the history of ever! I love connecting with the personalities of her MCs, getting their family backgrounds, their emotional struggles—past and present—and watching as they meet, and hopefully, connect with a man who will be perfect for them in every way, despite the fact they often can’t see that for themselves.

T
UltraMeital
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 Stars

I don't really know what to say, somehow though I rooted for these two I had a hard time with the way the relationship progressed. Taylor and Brandon started hating each other on sight, though both felt the desire under the surface, in a day flat, when Brandon realizes he's being a douche he more than apologizes, he grabs Taylor for the taking and he won't take no for an answer.

We've met most of the characters in this one in the previous installment. Taylor was Nica's best friend, the one
Heather Martin
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*

Manny Get Your Guy is Book 2 in Amy Lane's The Mannies series. I don't think this book can be read as a standalone. I read the first book, and it was hard for me to keep characters straight at the beginning of this book. I actually went back to my review and the synopsis of Book 1 to remind myself of who everyone was. Do yourself a favor and start wit
Sara
5 Hearts

Amy Lane and the Dreamspun Desires formula is amazing pairing that I am hooked on.

While this book is listed as the second in a series and yes it does add to the story IF you have read The Virgin Manny, in my opinion Lane gives enough background information on everyone involved you don’t need to read it first. BUT it’s nice to see Tino, Channing and Sammy again and yeah, to know how it all went down with Taylor and Nica and just knowing the players in the story as they show up. SO while
Becca Waldrop
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I admit when I first met Taylor i wanted to punch him. He was a punk. But he was a kid so you had to overlook it somewhat. When you learn all he's been through in this one.... Yeah I cried. I cried every time someone was mean to him. He grew up so much and he needed someone to love him. And need him. And he got his story ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Lila Hunter
Review to follow at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words.

ARC provided by Dreamspinner Press in exchange for an honest review.

Lissel
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice and sweet! I really enjoy reading about this big family. Now Sammy's story, please :)
Joyfully Jay
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna, veronica
Updated for audiobook review
Read Veronica’s audio review in its entirety here.

A Joyfully Jay review.

I’m going to start by telling you Amy Lane is an automatic buy for me. I have loved everything she’s written, and she’s never disappointed me. She keeps up with that streak with Manny Get Your Guy. This book had everything. Damaged hero? Check. Jealous conflict? Check. A rowdy supportive family? Check. Two men who start off of the wrong foot but discover they’re perfect for each other?
Les Joseph
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

I'll admit, I'm a total sucker for Amy Lane's angst. I love it, crave it, revel in it. But that being said, there is something special about her brand of sweet and charming and funny that just hits you right where you live, and it hits hard and stays there. Manny Get Your Guy is the second book in Amy's wonderful The Mannies series and *whispers* I truly believe this could wind up being my very favorite series of Amy's. Just don't tell Deacon and Crick, okay? But all joking aside, I
Tori Thompson
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 heart review for Love Bytes Reviews!

A copy of this book was provided in exchange for an honest review. Please visit www.lovebytesreviews.com for many more reviews, interviews, and giveaways!

Manny Get your Guy takes place ten years after The Virgin Manny, the first book in this series. This is not a stand alone book, you have to have read the first one to have any hope of understanding who these characters are.

The first book was about Tino and Channing, as they met and fell in love. Tino’s sist
Sadonna
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
So I was laid up with a bad back yesterday and I needed some distraction. How nice of Dreamspinner to release this latest Dreamspun book from Amy Lane - the second in her Manny series!

We met most of these players in the first Manny book - The Virgin Manny. Tino and Nica Robins and their whole family make appearances again in this book. NOTE! Spoilers for the first book abound in this one! Read at your own risk of spoiling a LOT of that story.

Our MCs are a returning player - Taylor Cochran, Nic
Becky Condit
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*sigh* Settled in with this book on the first page. I love these characters so much. There’s a wide gap between the first book, Virgin Manny, and this book, Manny Get Your Guy. The adults have matured into really good, family oriented people. The children are amazingly polite (usually), well behaved (usually), and respectful (mostly). Sammy, who was 7 years old in the first book, grief stricken by the death of his mother, is now 17 and the oldest child of three in his family, and such a good boy ...more
Laura ~Passion flower
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, mm-romance
Manny Get You Guy (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Gay Book Reviews for an honest review.

"The Strength and Love of a Manny.."

YESSS! *fist pump* A new book by one of my favorite authors, Amy Lane. I have read many of her other books; Country Mouse, City Mouse, It's Not Shakespeare, and, have really liked them. Having already read the first book in this particular series, The Virgin Manny, and loved it, and, I do recommend it to be read first, I knew that the second book of the Mannie
The Novel Approach Reviews
I’m so happy this series is a thing (and that there’s one more to come)! Ten years have passed since the events in The Virgin Manny, and Amy Lane is giving Taylor Cochran a chance to redeem himself after his selfish teenage boy actions back then. A lot has changed, but a lot is still the same. Taylor’s done some hard growing and learning; Nica’s little family unit has done its own growing (and growing). The love, laughs, and general craziness that typified the Robbins family is alive and well in ...more
Tj
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dreamspun Desires are a perfect summer type read. The books are long enough so the reader gets to know the characters but not so long that boredom rears its ugly head. They are also written by some of my favorite writers.

Manny Get Your Guy has two really likeable characters that are both in need of some TLC. Taylor was injured while on active duty and is physically scarred. He also carries the emotional damage inflected by an abusive father and alcoholic mother.

Like a skittish wounded animal Tay
alis
3.2

kenapa sih covernya begitu-begitu amat. kalo diganti judul jadi Tarzan and His Son kayaknya cocok-cocok aja. habis Taylor di bayangan aku keren banget dan lebih serem (?) i mean, iya sih Taylor emang pake penutup mata dan dia agak cacat gitu kan cuman kan dia mantan tentara ya, aku bayangin rambutnya ga panjang begitu. ish emang covernya perusak imajinasi. dan anak-anaknya ada empat woy. yang tiga lagi ke mana.

kalo masalah ceritanya sebenernya emang bakalan pusing banget kalo ga baca buku se
Melanie
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit http://wp.me/p220KL-aWo

From that review: " Manny Get Your Guy (The Mannies #2) by Amy Lane is a sweet, heartwarming romance.  I'm just in love with this series!  The first, The Virgin Manny (The Mannies #1), with Channing Lowell and Tino Robbins gave us the foundation families and characters with Tino as the original Manny.  It was a terrific story but I have to admit I loved this one better.  Taylor C
Erica
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
These two were so perfect for each other it was just gross. LOL. Brandon's family was really a piece of work, but luckily he and Taylor had most of their issues settled before they had to deal with that crap. They dealt with it much more politely than I would have, let me tell you!

For all that this is a "Manny" book, there wasn't much on-page manny-ing, which was fine with me. I've read too many kid-filled books lately, and I'm a little burned out on cute. It's a big cast of characters, but most
Amy Lane dodges an EDJ, mothers four children, and writes the occasional book. She, her brood, and her beloved mate, Mack, live in a crumbling mortgage in Citrus Heights, California, which is riddled with spiders, cats, and more than its share of fancy and weirdness. Feel free to visit her at www.greenshill.com orwww.writerslane.blogspot.com, where she will ride the buzz of receiving your e-mail u ...more
More about Amy Lane

The Mannies (4 books)
  • The Virgin Manny (The Mannies, #1)
  • Stand by Your Manny (The Mannies, #3)
  • A Fool and His Manny (The Mannies, #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be