Start by marking “Graffiti (and Other Poems)” as Want to Read:
Graffiti (and Other Poems)

Graffiti (and Other Poems)

Savannah Brown's first collection of poetry is a vulnerable account of adolescence from someone in the thick of it. Written between the ages of sixteen and eighteen, with examinations of anxiety, death, first loves, and first lusts, Graffiti extends a hand to those undergoing the trials and uncertainty of teenagehood, and assures them they're not alone.
Paperback, Second Edition, 103 pages
Published August 1st 2017 by Savannah Brown (first published March 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Graffiti, please sign up.

Start your review of Graffiti (and Other Poems)
Ariel
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This collection 1/ zorched me into so many of the feelings I had as a teenager, 2/ renewed my hope in the idea of "YouTuber" books, and 3/ made me excited to get more poetry from Savannah!
Rowie
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, poetry
Every review on poetry I have done up to this point had some remark like 'poetry is an artform that is meant to be gazed upon and felt, not understood'. It always felt unaccessible like walking through a castle and loving the fact that you can try to make up stories about how they used to live back in the day, but being unable to make up a story that would have a true representation of that time. Turns out I've just been reading the 'wrong' poetry.

Savannah Brown is the voice of my ge
Eve
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
i started by trying to find pieces of myself in all of sav's words, but being in someone else's head was comforting, in that weird way that only poetry is
- ̗̀meg ̖́-
I love Sav's poems so much. They're hauntingly beautiful and will most likely resonate with me for days.
Meghan Hughes
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I woke up wanting to finish this book today for some odd reason. I first started it in 2016 when she released it & never finished it because in all honesty, I did not have the vocabulary for it at the time. I didn’t have the reading comprehension skills either. This time though, OH YES I DID! And I LOVED IT! I read this in one sitting this morning as it’s a very short 65 page book. I really love how when I read Savannah’s work, I can hear her sounding it all out/enunciating certain words. Th ...more
Raven and Beez
This AMAZING book was gifted to me by my forever bae, Beez. It’s also signed by the author and there’s a coffee stain on the front cover (Thaaanks Bae!).

The Bloggo

This book is the kind of book you read in your twenties. Reading it reminded me of my teenage years and it also reminded me of who I am now and who I am yet to be. Definitely, the poetry book I would recommend THE MOST
Tess
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5/5 I think Savannah Brown is definitely a talented poet with potential, but I think this collection lacked. While occasionally there was some nice imagery, most of the poems lacked anything concrete to make them not personal poems. I also found the almost full omission of commas and periods distracting; when you take out those things it should be done with an intention of creating a sense of confusion.
There were a few poems with a lot of potential though, and I think this collection is actua
Izzy
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This beautiful little collection took my breath away and I will hold it close to my heart and read it again, and again, and again.
My favourite poetry collection❤

The poems were long poems with beautiful illustrations and explored the poets life growing up, from the ages of 17-19. Being 18 years old myself, I could really connect with this collection and I found the poems so beautiful.
The poems centre around themes of love, family, breakup, the future, the struggles of growing up and the wonders
C!
May 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book more than I did (I was so excited and immediately preordered a copy and got it specially signed for me.) I'm a big fan of Savannah's YouTube channel where she reads these poems but on paper, the writing is nothing particularly special or mind blowing. HOWEVER, when these poems are performed or read aloud, it sounds pretty good. I think this would've been a great audio book but not a collection of poetry I will be reaching for again anytime soon. I will continue to watc ...more
Sean Leas
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
This was a pleasantry enjoyable book of poetry with some interesting illustrations. I started following Savannah's YouTube channel a few months ago because of her poetry and was glad to see that she had a book release, I took that opportunity to snap it up. I've read through it a few times now and thus far my favourite is burgundy walls; she puts into poetry something that many of us do when we take a stroll through our own neighbourhoods.
Sam
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Some poems were okay. But all very similar.
Nicole
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
Graffiti (And Other Poems) Man, am I glad that I purchased the book. I'm kinda kicking myself that I didn't get the actual book, but just the ebook.

But no matter the format, this book was just beautiful. The illustrations where just super cute. And the writing. So amazing. I seriously loved all these poems so much, there wasn't one that didn't touch me for some reason. So many of them were so relatable.

Ah, I'm just in love. I can't wait to read more from her.
 Emīlija
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25/5 stars
i didn't love every poem, but my favourites include "Real Estate", "After", "Moles Don't Think About Space Or Small Talk", "Graffiti", "The Only Thing I Know To Be True" "Heirlooms", "Three Things I Have Learned Four Thousand Miles From Home", "Words Of Gods". i think around the end the poems got better, and i think i will definitely re-read this book some day.
Chloë
I'm a really big fan of Savannah's poetry and I did enjoy 4 or 5 of the poems but I think I prefer it when I hear them read out in videos.
Quentin Zero
Gorgeous illustration, I certainly didnt like all the poems but some really striking words.
Vera
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Explosion of emotions.
♥♥♥
Char (lunarchar_)
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A beautiful anthology. Easily relatable. I can’t wait for her upcoming novel
Willow L
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I really, really liked this! I will be making a video review soon.
Vanessa
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

Review to follow.
Amy Rijk
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually read poetry, but the art style (by Ed Stockham) on the cover got me interested. Savannah Brown turned out not to be as much of a stranger as I thought she was. I had actually stumbled upon one of her videos on Youtube a few years ago. A slam poem: What Guys Look for in Girls. It got me into writing some poems myself back then and made sure I opened my mind to poetry a bit more.

Graffiti (and Other Poems) is awesome. I love the illustrations as much as I like Savannah's way of wri
Wendle
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry, graphic-comic
The poems are written from a place of introspection, but with enough perception to make them astute and mature. Poems like a poem just for me, real estate, and the only things i know to be true reveal an author who knows herself, but knows she’s not infallible, and knows she’s going to grow and change. While i relate to many of the feelings and sentiments in these poems, it’s with hindsight–i would never have been this self-aware as a teenager.

And the art! The accompanying pieces amongst the wo
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-shelf
Love, love, love. I've always adored watching Savannah reading her poetry. I love how honest and fragile the words are that she writes. And I'm so glad that she decided to put them into a book, so I can find myself reading them over and over.
Zita
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first collection of poems I have ever read, and I enjoyed it so much! The poems are so beautiful and rhythmic and strong, and the illustrations are adorable! Would definitely like to read some more poetry now :)
G.N.
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Lovely little book of poems. I didn't know Savannah Brown until very recently so I looked up a few videos of hers before starting to read Graffiti. She reads some of her poems on her channel, which I thought was very nice and easy to connect to.

I had a harder time with the book at first, perhaps because she was very young when she wrote it and some things I just couldn't relate to. I did really like the poems from the second part though, particularly the last few ones.

Savanna uses a
Audrey
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, 2018, owned
Yay! I've had this on my shelf for a while and I finally read it in its entirety. This has one of my favorite poems ever in it, "Moles Don't Think About Space or Small Talk." If I'm being honest, I don't think that old favorite was topped by any of the new ones in here for me, but it was still really enjoyable to read and I found some new ones that I like as well. I definitely much prefer hearing Savannah perform her own poetry, but I still enjoyed some beautiful lines and thoughts. I will defin ...more
Caine
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the style and way the words are in the poems.
Unique and amazing writer
Molly Bagnall
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What it's like to grow and come to terms with the body you inhabit on this Earth, put beautifully.
Mária
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
her poetry carries such a momentum, just like when you're young and feel as if life goes by too fast and you want to catch up with all the chaos you carry in you, a beautiful chase it was
Emma
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This has been on my currently reading for so long because I think I've read this atleast 5 times start to finish. This books sits beside my bed and whenever I'm struggling I always reach for it. Being eighteen this book represents the stage of life that I'm in, making it very close to my heart.
Jill
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely lovely. I loved the rhythm and I loved the way the words really made me feel transported to another world, perhaps into Savannah’s world. My favourite poems include: haunted, real estate, too quiet, moles don’t think about space or small talk, graffiti, heirlooms, three things I have learned four thousand miles from home, a poem for Ohio, and o.k.a.y
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Prelude to Bruise
  • Please Don't Go Before I Get Better
  • Shame Is an Ocean I Swim Across
  • Even this Page is White
  • The Princess Saves Herself in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #1)
  • Idiot Verse
  • Neon Soul: A Collection of Poetry and Prose
  • The Day Is Ready for You
  • Breaking Up Is Hard To Do... But You Could've Done Better
Savannah Brown is an American poet and novelist born in 1996. A spoken word poem about self-acceptance catapulted her into the public eye at the age of 17. After, she moved to London, where she self-published her debut poetry collection Graffiti. Since then, her poetry has amassed more than ten million views online and has taken her worldwide to perform. Her first novel, The Truth About Keeping Secrets, was publis ...more
“my body is a temple
and i'm the god it was built for”
22 likes
“i have given you the power to turn me inside out, my dear—please do not use it” 15 likes