Start by marking “Maiden From the Mist (Guardians of the Stone #4)” as Want to Read:
Maiden From the Mist (Guardians of the Stone #4)

Maiden From the Mist

(Guardians of the Stone #4)

Sorcha dún Scoti has known her whole life she is different. Now, the future of her clan is in doubt, and Una, their beloved seer is gone. The youngest dún Scoti inherits Una's beloved keek stane--and with it, the gift of sight. Here, the truth of her birth and death are revealed. To save herself and her clan, Sorcha must flee the vale and travel to a remote Island in the O ...more
Published July 27th 2017 by Oliver-Heber Books

To ask other readers questions about Maiden From the Mist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maiden From the Mist

Start your review of Maiden From the Mist (Guardians of the Stone #4)
KatieV
Light on romance, but filled in some gaps from the previous books. Novella length
Barbee

Heat Rating - Mild

Overall Rating - 5 Stars/5 Kilts

Scotia, 1136
Dunrònai Keep

The hero of this story is Laird Caden Mac Swein. He was always proud of his great, great-grandsire halberd called the beast. It was a weapon made of thirty-three inches of iron and
Amy Jarecki
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting tale of love, loss, and redemption with a wee bit o' magic thrown in! You won't want to miss this charming historical novella!
InD'tale Magazine
3.0/5.0

Awww, love…what power it contains. The relationship between Sorcha and Caden is lovely, indeed.

Read full review in the 2017 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Maria Dariotis
Maiden from the Mist - Tanya Anne Crosby

A freakish accident has left Caden MacSwein blind - it is said that in the heat of battle he took his younger brothers head and is now being punished by the Gods. Wallowing in his grief Caden isn't the Laird he once was, his keep and land are in peril with only a few men remaining and his best friend Alec and Captain to defend his people. Just when hope is dying a wise frail looking woman by the name Biera with words of prophecy and a destiny appears vowin
E J
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story- terrific series!

This is the last book in a series of highland romance novels about a sacred stone and it's importance to a people. In this tale, a young woman, Sorcha is upset with her family and leaves on her own in search of her mentor. She ends up meeting Caden, laird of a small rather impoverished clan on an island in the north. Now Caden has seen better days, back when he could see. He's blind, as a result of some mysterious ailment nothing has been able to solve. Caden has
Debbie Glenn Brown
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sequel novella for Guardians of the Stone where Laird Caden Mac Swein has always been proud of his great, great-grandsire halberd called the “Beast” that is until in the heat of a battle the day the Beast claimed the life of his thirteen year old brother who did know how to move out the blades way. From that day forward he’s been blind, cursed by the gods.
Sorcha Dún Scoti is heartbroken as Una healer, seer and wise magic woman of the clan is gone. Sorcha decides to follow the fateful star to
April
Maiden from the Mist (Guardians of the Stone Book 4) by Tanya Anne Crosby is without a doubt a riveting tale of Scottish lore, Scottish history and a romantic adventure for readers of Scottish Romance. While, book 4 for "Guardians of the Stone", it can be read as a stand alone. Has been such an interesting series, I hate to see it end.

The cast of characters are enjoyable, captivating and feel genuine. The plot has secrets, dangers, romance, passion and flows seamlessly and effortlessly. I enjoye
Ann L
Shelves: reviewed
What a fabulous ending to a wonderful series, even though I'm sad the Guardians of the Stone have finished, I couldn't of wished for a better ending than this. Sorcha, the youngest of the Dun Scoti, comes into her own, after finding Una gone and secrets about her birth come alight, she's angry with her family and that they hid things from her and so she sets out following a star to try and find her destiny.
On her travels she meets Alec, captain to the blind Laird Caden Mac Swein, and he offers h
Maria
Captivating! Loved it!

Caden Mac Swein is the Chieftain of Dunnronaigh Keep. He has just had to endure two of the most horrific things in his life. He has exhiled himself in his own keep, while his people try to forge along without him. His clan has enemies who could destroy them all. He awakes one day in his chamber to a saucy wench making accusations at him.

Sorcha dun Scoti is very disillusioned with her family right now. She knows now her real birth father is the devil himself. She is on her
Tammy Nitschke Sokol
Loooooved it!!!!!

I reread the previous books often, just because I love them, and now I will add this one to it. I loved it!!! You get the youngest daughter/sister, Sorcha and Calen's story. I loved every page, and wish there were more!!!! I can't wait for Tanya Anne Crosby's next book!!!!
Barbara Literski

I enjoy reading books by Tanya Anne Crosby! This last story of the GUARDIANS OF THE STONE is a great story. The two main characters are Sorcha who fled from her home when she finds out who her real father is. Then there is Caden who is fighting the MacLeod and in the midst of the battle he is getting ready to kill a man fighting his younger brother (who was supposed to be inside ), the man falls, Caden can not stop the momentum of the swing and kills his brother. The stress of the
Denise
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An incredible story of loss, forgiveness and love. Caden cannot forgive himself for an action inadvertently taken in the heat of battle. He becomes very embittered. Enter our magical heroine. Sorcha has a gift, but can't foresee that Una has manipulated her and others. On a quest, Sorcha is misdirected to the Isle maintained by Caden . Sorcha is very bold and not as malleable as Caden would like, but he still likes her. They form a tentative truce and a definite bond. Through the fight with her ...more
Kathy Brickert
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story

My only regret is I had pre ordered this before I realized it was in a collection of books I just read earlier this summer. A few more details but basically the same story. Wonderful read, but a duplicate if you've already went for the collection.
Lisa C
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maiden from the Mist, nicely connects with the Guardians of the Stone series. Having read this series, I had a wonderful time connecting to the characters from the previous books. I would not consider this a stand alone story, and suggest you read the series (you won'r regret it)
Amanda  Lipscomb
Jul 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I *flippin* LOVE Tanya Anne Crosby and her books. Her lead boys are so deliciously broody and so deliciously Scottish that I cannot handle it. This book is taking us to the Western Isles of Scotland, to the Isle of Rona (I looked it up and it looks completely barren, but for the sake of history, let’s say it’s a medieval source of sexiness).

This story is the fourth in a series of stories about the dún Scoti family - the last of the Pechts and the Guardians of the Stone of Scone (or Stone of Des
Leah
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I continued to have the saying 'Find your true North' in my head as I read Sorcha's story. She found her true North in Caden. This was a perfect way to wrap up the Guardian Series. Caden is suffering from blindness due to a tragic event and Sorcha is an apothecary and healer which would seem a simple fix, right? Yeah, there is much grumbling from Caden and much determination from Sorcha which gives us, the readers and lovers of this series, much laughter throughout the reading of this tale. As a ...more
Melissa
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maiden from the Mist

Caden Mac Stein going to fight men coming onto his land when his little brother wanted to come along. Caden told him to stay and take care of the keep. During the war his brother showed up and in the way Caden killed him. Since Caden was suddenly blind. Meanwhile an old woman came to the keep to relay that a girl named Sorcha would be looking for her and the girl should be brought here that she could help Caden. So it happened. Sorcha’s family was looking for her to see that
Jacky Faber
I didn't connect with the romance between Caden and Sorcha. I thought there just wasn't enough shown of the interaction between the two of them. There was a lot about the history of Caden and Sorcha's ancestors which I think took away from the story of Caden and Sorcha. I was disappointed in this novel.
Cheryl
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maiden from the Mist

A fitting ending to this series. Secrets left untold send Sorcha on the run but she soon realizes she has no place to go. She decides to follow the footsteps of a dead woman hoping the she is really alive. She finds herself in a far different place than could ever imagine.
Nicole LaBoy
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally enjoyed!

I am sad to see the end of this series! The hero's and heroines are realistic and enjoyable and interesting. Each are different and unique. It was well written. Tanya Ann Crosby has a way with words to keep you glued to the pages of the story. Makes you feel like you are right there living with the characters.
Carrie Felton
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
My favorite parts of this book were Una, and our blind hero. Una has been the behind the scenes or secondary star of this entire series, so it was good to see what we did of her in this final book. Beyond that, I loved the growing relationship between Caden and Sorcha. Caden is hilarious to me, but he is also so sweet in the end. I loved Sorcha's quips and it was fun to see her independence.
Gigi
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredibly moving

‘Maiden from the Mist,’ was a heartbreaking and magical read. Caden and Sorcha were brilliantly written and wonderfully paired! Both characters facing something so tragic, it blinds them from truly seeing... this novel is a great read!
PETER GUERIN
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Magical Ride

A heartfelt Thank You to Ms. Crosby, this series touched me on a personal level, I felt as though I lived with every character, each page drawing the reader in from the 1st chapter to the the final turn of the last page !!!
Patricia Nessell
Unbelievable!

Really great book by a wonderful author.. I could not put this book down until it was finished. Characters were strong and loving as opposed to the evil of the enemies.
Lyns
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I found multiple plot holes that distracted from the very good characters. This could be because I read the version in the Summer Star anthology.
Emma
I just finished translating it into French. This is my favorite book in the series!
Ann Gonzalez
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good end

This book was a good end to the series. Although, I wish it would have talked more about Sorcha's siblings as well. I've enjoyed all of the books in this series.
MELANIE GODWIN
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Want to read them all

I loved all of the books I have read in the set this one was fabulous.I will re-read the set for sure
Rose Maniscalco
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful ending to a terrific series. It answered most of my questions and gave Sorcha her HEA. We get a small glimpse of Aiden and Keane's lives now and find out (sort of) what became of Una.

Overall, a really good wrap up to the series.

• The Scot's Betrayal (Highland Swords Book 1)
  • Highlander's Fierce Wolf
  • Highlander's Unwanted Bride
  • The Scot's Spy (Highland Swords, #2)
  • Highlander's Heart Of Steel
  • Highlander's Golden Jewel (Beasts Of The Highlands, #6)
  • Highlander Of The Woods
  • Highlander's Wounded Beast
  • Highlander's Shadowy Warrior: A Steamy Scottish Medieval Historical Romance
  • Highlander's Scarred Angel
  • Highlander’s Venomous Snake (Beasts Of The Highlands, #7)
  • Jamie and Gracie (The Highland Clan Book 7)
  • The Scot's Pursuit (Highland Swords Book 3)
  • Lily (The Highland Clan Book 3)
  • Sorcha (The Highland Clan Book 8)
  • Bethia (The Highland Clan, #10)
  • A Healer For The Highlander
  • Ensnared by the Laird (Four Horsemen of the Highlands, #1)
Tanya Anne Crosby is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thirty novels. She has been featured in magazines, such as People, Romantic Times and Publisher’s Weekly, and her books have been translated into eight languages. Her first novel was published in 1992 by Avon Books, where Tanya was hailed as “one of Avon’s fastest rising stars.” Her fourth book was chosen to launch the com ...more

Guardians of the Stone (4 books)
  • Highland Fire (Guardians of the Stone #1)
  • Highland Steel (Guardians of the Stone, #2)
  • Highland Storm (Guardians of the Stone, #3)