Start by marking “Family of His Own (Shores of Indian Lake #8)” as Want to Read:
Family of His Own (Shores of Indian Lake #8)

Family of His Own (Shores of Indian Lake #8)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
He's ready to settle down...with or without her

Scott Abbott has always loved Isabelle Hawks. And he's always been her rock. Patient, dependable, strong. But lately, she's been acting like that rock is weighing her down. With her art career taking off, Isabelle has been spending less and less time in Indian Lake...and with him. Scott isn't even sure what they are to each
Published July 1st 2017 by Harlequin Heartwarming

To ask other readers questions about Family of His Own, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family of His Own

Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This is the eighth book in the Shores of Indian Lake series. That's a lot of books! While the books have characters from previous books, each book can stand alone. You don't have to read them in order. I've read a few of the books in this series, but not all of them.

I think Scott has to be the sweetest man ever. With the patience of a saint, he really is the ideal and perfect man. Perhaps when it comes to Isabelle, he is a bit of a whipped puppy so I really enjoyed the moments when he stood up f
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
I love Indian Lake and its residents, so every new visit there feels like catching up with old friends. Catherine Lanigan does a fabulous job crafting this small town and creating a family-like atmosphere among the characters. Everyone knows each other and truly cares about each other. And with the world the way it is today, we need a lot more of that!

Scott is one of my fave Indian Lake heroes. The way he lost his heart to Bella and Michael and immediately made room in his life for them is both
Rula Sinara
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Lanigan's always digs deep into the hearts of her characters and, because her characters are so easy to identify with, she grasps readers (like me) by the heart too. I think I'm beginning to believe that The Shores of Indian Lake is a real place with real people! I love that her characters are never simple. She can make you love them or hate them, but no matter what, they 'get' to you and stick because they have a way of reminding you of someone in your life or someone you've dealt wit ...more
Suzie
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book had me torn most of the time. I loved Scott’s consistency, his determination. And when he meets a five-year-old girl and her little brother, I loved him even more. But I disliked his complacency.

On the flip side, Isabelle bothered me at first. Even though she’s realizing some of the less attractive characteristics of her personality, she’s so focused on her childhood dream, she doesn’t see how she’s ignoring and hurting those around her. She believes she’s the only one with hurts, a ha
Kelly (Simply Kelina) C.
3.5 Stars

I was sent this book in exchange for a review. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

Family of His Own is actually the 8th book in a series. I have not previously read any of the other books as this can be read as a standalone. This starts off talking about past drug raids, a kidnapping, and new loves. It made me instantly want to start this series from the beginning and I may p
Cathy Cermele
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Family of his Own is a wonderful novel, with well crafted characters and an engaging storyline.  Scott is such a steadfast guy, a person that you would love having in your life. When he encounters five-year old Bella and her baby brother, Michael, I thought my heart would break for those precious children.   That encounter made me love Scott even more.  I liked that he took charge of the situation and I applauded his decisions.
It took me awhile to warm up to Isabella.  My first impression of her
Lynn Brooks
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A trip back to Indian Lake brings us the story of two friends … and possibly soul mates? I had conflicted feelings about this heroine. On one side, I understood how she felt about her past and the unfairness of it all, but on the other side, I found it really hard to like her when she was acting so selfish & one dimensional. There is turmoil, growth and happily ever afters … but a long road of self-discovery to get there!

Scott Abbott feels like he has loved Isabelle Hawks for his entire life
Jess Lawson
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ohh Scott has stolen my heart. What kind of man immediately falls in love with two children he has never seen before. This man is beyond breath taking. These children need him more than ever and he rescues them just as any angel should!

I had my reservations about Isabella she was so focused on her she really did not make time for anyone but herself. She grew as the book came along. I ended up liking her the more I followed her.

This book has made me fall in love with Indian Lake and I think I
Sherry Bohrmueller
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the first book I've read by the author. I did find the beginning confusing to begin but it did get better. The book could be read as a standalone but I think I would have rather read them in order. The writing style was good and the characters all came to life on the pages. A good enjoyable book.
Susan Bennett
Becky Richardson
Danielle Hammelef
Bridgett
Jun 25, 2017
Catherine Lanigan is the bestselling author of over thirty published titles in both fiction and non-fiction, including the novelizations of Romancing the Stone and The Jewel of the Nile, as well as over half a dozen anthologies, including “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Living your Dream”, “Chicken Soup for the Writer’s Soul”, “Chocolate for a Woman’s Heart”, Chocolate for a Woman’s Spirit”. Ms. Lanig ...more
More about Catherine Lanigan

Shores of Indian Lake (9 books)
  • Love Shadows (Shores of Indian Lake #1)
  • Heart's Desire (Shores of Indian Lake #2)
  • A Fine Year for Love  (Shores of Indian Lake #3)
  • Katia's Promise (Shores of Indian Lake #4)
  • Fear of Falling (Shores of Indian Lake #5)
  • Sophie's Path (Shores of Indian Lake #6)
  • Protecting the Single Mom (Shores of Indian Lake #7)
  • His Baby Dilemma (Shores of Indian Lake #9)