Start by marking “The Book of Invisible Questions” as Want to Read:

Who?
A breathing meat.

Why?
Some breathing meat lucky enough to understand their purpose of existence. But most of the meats have no idea why they exist in the universe. The meat who knows and the meat who doesn’t know experience the same pain, uncertainty, and heartbreak, but have different points of view on everything.

Where?
Under the sky. On the soil. Between the air a
Published May 22nd 2017 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Invisible Questions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Invisible Questions

Start your review of The Book of Invisible Questions
Shanya Putri
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Aren't we all just compilations of all of our good and bad decisions?”

I really love this book!
Isinya lebih "ngena" daripada buku Lala Bohang sebelumnya. Ilustrasinya tetap khas. Bagus banget deh😍❤
Yuu Sasih
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, about-life
Book that you want to keep near you when the world is so hard to live and moves so fast you're so tired of it, but you need to keep going anyway.
Daniel
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Lala Bohang
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
152 pages
5.9

Slightly meatier than its predecessor, Lala Bohang's The Book of Invisible Questions gives much more substance, though the experiences are still mundane and not relatable enough for some demographic. The best part of the book, though, is the first page, but turns out that is out of a movie script.
Chyntia Darongke
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
this book feels like my bestfriend who has known me for a very long time and understand what's inside my mind. i could've finished this book in one day but the part about father and childhood left me in speechless last night that i wasn't able to continue to read it until just now. this book for me is a mixed between a poem, a short story, and a diary. love!
Gita
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Like but not like too much.
The statement which make me thinking harder:

Name and experience that is experienced by every human being.

"I got fake people showing fake love to me."
Stefanny Natalia
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,8 stars actually..
This Book full of all Lala Bohang's questions of her live...her love live, her relationship with family, and her self

When I was read this... the thought of "why she is care so much about those things which is made her feel sad or struggle or down?" Why she can't just laugh on them and let them disappeared like nothing happened?"

But I also thought..this Book is a result of her journey to make a deal with all of those things...it's her process of life to make her stand until n
Op
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book of target readers predominantly whom using Apple's invisible questions.

....

It is darn frikkin right that book comes to you, and you just need to read it in a perfect time. I gave only one star when first reading this. But adding three (!!!!) more stars on second read exactly a year later.

At my current state, I ignored Lala Bohang's strange connection with Apple and Unhealthy parents-kids relationship. Because this is more about me, questioning said and unsaid questions as in the questi
G.A. Loupatty
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Your pain is important, and so does everyone else's. your struggle is real and so does everyone else's."

Fixed ! Lala bohang kayanya bakal jadi the next auto-buy author deh 😂❤️💸
cant wait to read your next book, lala bohang !!! Im a fan
Farissa Nuri
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, indonesian, poetry
I always thought I'm the kind of person who gives zero fuck about everything but in reality I say I give zero fuck about everything because I care too much.

Lebih suka buku kedua ini dibanding yang pertama :)
Andreas Porwanto
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-books, indo-books
I liked it even if it wasn't as relatable as the first book.
Ellya Khristi
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"She is focused and silly, compelling and humble."
Agoes
May 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: puisi
Not really my cup of tea, but it does contain some quotable sentences you can post to social media.
Natasya
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"How do you not become a self-righteous person when almost everybody acts like a self-obsessed person online and offline and you don't know how to keep calm while talking to a person in a social function who casually judges your life choices (sometimes laugh at it) and body weight without even asking "How are you?" when you hardly see each other for almost a decade?

The Book of Invisible Questions is the second book in the series (I think) by Lala Bohang. While the first book, The Book of Forbidd
Dina Layinah Putri
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Life is just like sales, it has to be profitable. So pay attention. If some one breaks your heart, you'll have more income. 47
Are you silently judging everyone trough their online feeds?
Do you realize that you're not better than anyone else? 78
Why do some people talk without looking to my eyes?
What kind of book that turns you on? 79
What is your strangest talent? Self-doubt. 85
For some stories, there are four characters that I can describe with my point of view:
. Rock: the serious
. Kid: th
Sylvie
Oct 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
A snippet of lala bohang personal life and point of view that relatable to every extend of everyday life and mostly us as imperfect human being. The illustration is so pretty and beautifully crafted. Had a wonderful experience reading it on a field trip, it only took me 2/3 hours to finish it but i can go back reread it. Lala bohang is definitely one of the best modern poet in Indonesia. I rate it 4/5 because I wish it was longer and deeper rather than just the surface.
SasQ Hutabarat
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve got this book from my mom,complete with my name and autograph from Lala Bohang herself :)
I’ve read Lala’s previous in a bookstore but never purchased it before. This book is relaxing and addicted. The statement she made is very reality,mostly about relationship either with your lover,friends or “friends” :)) must read..
Agustian Chuagestu
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is really amazing!
Lala bohang seems really honest with herself.
She has her very own way to see through everything.
This book kinda make you think again about your life.
alis
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
this is better than the last poetry book i read. some of it are written beautifully.
Olivia
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Final Rating 3/5
Some of the writings are great, I love them! Though there're a few of them not into my liking somehow? Like not touched me at all. But overall, it's been great.
Muhammad Hasby
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's not that type of the book I can't stop reading.
It's compilation of the writer's thought presented in many forms. Told in simple way yet sometimes it's relatable and just makes you smile.
Dimas Setyawan
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A book that is as literal as it sounds

this book becomes my favorite book since the first time i read it. It tells me about something new, something that i have never known before, something that hidden behind a question, that i supposed to think about before.

Starting from the illustrations and the texts that were delivered, it feels like it hits my heart so much. Always makes me feel like i can be myself again. feels so free even though the thing that delivered is not only beautiful things, but
Shirley Ririhena
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I always love how she spill her thoughts to her books and it's always good to know that someone out there share similar thoughts and question with you and i feel connected with her books.
With the same concept with The book of forbidden feelings she share her thoughts through words and illustration, even though the tittle is invisible question not every story written as question but it's still lovely and while on forbidden feeling the illustration in black colors, here's in blue color.
what's the
Almeyda
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Had a quick read of this book at the bookstore because I had a sour mood today.
And today is bloody Sunday so the libraries are mostly close.

It turns out this book can make a good companion, I want to buy it but then eh just realized that I'm broke as hell I won't survive until the end of this month if I buy one more book.

So back to the review.
This book is so good and it's like I was reading about my own complicated life in this already chaotic world.
although I tend to ignore the drama in this wo
Ursula Florene
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Read this book since last year and decided to abandon it. I picked it up again because there is no other thing to read.

Lala is still wonderful, a skillful tumblr poet (even though I'm not sure if what she wrote can be considered as poetry) that will provoke your inner doubts and insecurities (both are mandatory for today's millenial). Her drawings also suit the short proses very well, with blue –universal color for sadness and stuff –as the main shade.

If you're looking for serious writing then t
Tiffany Irawan
Jun 28, 2020 rated it liked it
The main reason why i gave this book a 3-star is:

1. I didn't agree with 60% of the entire content of this book.
2. The writing is fine - not that good and appealing, but not bad either.
3. I can't really relate to most of Lala Bohang's statements and thoughts.

That's about it.

Now, let's talk about why i gave this book a 3-star despite the 3 points that I've stated above.

1. I do relate to some parts of this book
2. I liked the random illustrations here and there
3. There's this one topic that really e
Fitria Y
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
When I know there's re more and more Indonesian writer-illustrators who publish picture books, I was delighted. Yes, thanks to the publisher too. :) So i bought this book to show my support.
I can't say much about the illustration, it is just so, so. Art is always subjective, mind you. The human shape without head covered with tightened blanket does tickle my occupational-hazard-psychoanalysis-filled head. But I like the phthalo blue choice. And the paper choice. And the sturdy binding too. Ha,
Frida Anantya
Feb 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
I don't like this book that much. It's just a compilation of obvious things made to look poetic and quotable:

“Always look on the bright side. For every disaster in your life, you'll get a discount in the other part of your life.”

“What is letting go?
Imagine yourself taking off your heavy backpack after a long day. That's what letting go is about.”

"I got fake people showing fake love to me."

"Human: a statue of memories."

"We're just human. It's okay to not be okay all the time."
Diah R
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry

Much better than The Book of Forbidden Feelings (marked by how many lines/pages I circled as things resonated), The Book of Invisible Questions was better summed below:

Aren't we all just
a compilation of all of our
good and bad decisions?

Yeah, mixed bag.
Febby Kusumawardani
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think the title suits the book perfectly. It is filled with thoughts and thoughts and thoughts that chances are you, as ordinary human being, or just as human being, have thought deeply and silently but never really saying it out loud. Reading this book makes me personally feel that there are indeed people out there that think the exact same things as I do. And makes me realize that we, as humans, are basically just the same.
Lala
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I  was surprised when I found out that the questions in this book have also been in my head all this time but I never realized it before.

It's like finding myself when I read it. It's like being told by a best friend that "I know the worst of you, I know every bad things you've done. So, let's laugh at it because nobody's perfect and it's really okay to be who you are."
« previous 1 3 next »

• Stories For Rainy Days (Stories for Rainy Days, #1)
  • Stories for Rainy Days Volume II
  • Laut Bercerita
  • Mantappu Jiwa
  • Jakarta Sebelum Pagi
  • Represi
Lala Bohang adalah seorang perupa dan penulis. Sejak tahun 2009 ia berpartisipasi pada beberapa pameran kelompok di dalam dan luar negeri. Tahun 2016 Lala mulai mempublikasikan seri buku bertajuk The Book of Siblings yaitu The Book of Forbidden Feelings (2016), The Book of Invisible Questions (2017), dan ditutup dengan The Book of Imaginary Beliefs (2019). Lala juga bekerja sebagai kurator untuk l ...more