Start by marking “Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)

Kill Game

(Seven of Spades #1)

Homicide detective Levi Abrams is barely holding his life together. He’s reeling from the fallout of a fatal shooting, and his relationship with his boyfriend is crumbling. The last thing he’s prepared for is a serial killer stalking the streets of Las Vegas. Or how he keeps getting thrown into the path of annoyingly charming bounty hunter Dominic Russo.

Dominic likes his l
Published October 23rd 2017 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Kill Game, please sign up.
Aleixie They're both in their mid thirties…moreThey're both in their mid thirties(less)
V.S Both of them are in their mid-thirties.

Start your review of Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
For the first time in a long looooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg time I REALLY don't want to talk about a book. What I want to do is squirrel it in my secret lair where I can pet it and murmur sweet nothings to it, and by "sweet nothings", I mean "MINE, MY PRESHHHHHIOUS!!" Not unlike a certain CGI character we all know and are creeped out by. But. I'm guessing CK and Riptide would frown upon that sort of behavior, so here's me bucking up like a trooper.

We all have authors that just do it for us and CK is
Judith
4.5 Stars.......So good!!

A fantastic start to what looks set to be an addictive series.If you've read previous books like Control and Close Protection by this Author you might be expecting lots of dirty sex here,but that's not what this book is about.What you get here is an exciting Murder/Mystery plot with a side of a delicious slow burn involving two hot as hell MCs.

Levi Abrams is a Homicide Detective struggling to come to terms with an incident from a previous job.To make things worse his rel
Shile
5+++++++BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME stars

description

I am too tired and hangover to write a proper review and there are so many great reviews, all i have to say is i agree with them and just read the book if you haven't.

This Book! This book! Is exactly what i was looking for in an MM mystery/thriller/suspense book.

I have not read a good serial killer book that had my stomach churn for a long time since
Lie to Me

It was engaging, the pace was just right for my taste and damn! right entertaining. I did not want it
Shin Mon Thway
So what more can I possibly say about this book that others haven’t already? 😌 You have to give it up for Cordelia Kingsbridge for her ability to nail it every time she writes a book. 👏 This is such a phenomenal and refreshingly unique book and I savored every moment reading this one. 😍

Both of our MCs are so imperfectly perfect. Both has flaws and their inner demons.

Detective Levi who’s still suffering from a hate crime of gay bashing from his high school days. On the outside, he seems like a
DarienMoya

Reread February 2019

Audio September 2018

I can’t give this Narration more than a 3.25. The reading was robotic especially for Levi, like yes Levi is a cool and detached character but he’s not a freaking robot.

The audio doesn’t do justice to how amazing the story is. If I had listened before reading “Kill Game” would have just been a meh story for me.

A few things I noticed and thought of while listening.

1. Has anyone ever even seen Natasha’s husband and child 🤔🤔🤔

2. Keith. Yes he was on medicatio
Jilly
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just your typical story about a kosher, Jewish, male homicide detective dumping his billionaire boyfriend while trying to catch a serial killer and falling for an Italian-American, ex-Army Ranger, compulsive gambling, bounty hunter dude - in Las Vegas. Boy, am I tired of that old trope!

Their names are Levi and Dominic - and if you can't figure out who's who, you need to get out more often. And they do have a little more in common than one might think...

Levi gets off the phone with his mother:
Jewel
Ok, I need more of this story, now. Yeah, now. There wasn't much romance in Kill Game, just the bare beginnings of it, but I can tell that Levi and Dominic have the chemistry and I'm looking forward to their romance ramping up! We've got ourselves a slow burn, folks, and I can already tell it will be delicious. Also, there are at least 5 planned books in this series and the plotline of Kill Game is not wrapped up at the end. At the moment, I am expecting that story arc to continue throughout the ...more
Martin
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Martin by: Adam
This is the amazing start of one of the best m/m crime series that I know.

description

Levi Abrams is a detective in Las Vegas. He is currently working on a series of murders with the murderer's trademark being a seven of spades card that is left with each victim.

Dominic Russo is a bartender and bounty hunter who runs across one of the crime scenes of the seven of spades killer. Despite being a civilian, he repeatedly investigates the murders and gets to know Levi on a rather personal level in the process...
Nazanin
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Nazanin by: Hadis
Shelves: 2017, m-m
4 Stars

Levie is a homicide detective for four years. He’s in a bad condition, he has some serious problems with his boyfriend, he feels guilty for what he did a month ago, and now there is a serial killer out there! The perp kills those who are guilty, the victims have similar MO, and most importantly the perp put a single playing card (seven of spades) on every scene! Dominic is a bounty hunter/bail enforcement. Before that, he was a Ranger. These two somehow work with each other in this case t
Simone
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
August 2020: Audiobook = ***4 Stars***
***********************************************
Original review: October 2017:

Seven of Spades - The Trust and Faith Card
Karma for the Seven of Spades - Recognition of Power

The Seven of Spades as a playing card seems innocuous enough, right? And it would be if it were not also a token some vigilante, who is painting Las Vegas red, leaves in his wake.

LVMPD Detective Levi Abrams has enough on his plate as it is. He still has to get over a fatal incident
Eugenia
LOVED IT! LOVED! LOVED IT! So, I really liked this book. Why?

1. Great PLOT. A true thriller. A vigilante serial killer is slashing their way through Sin City’s baddies. Detectives Levi Abram and Martine Valcourt are on the case. And so is bounty hunter Dominic Russo, ex Army Ranger. Super well paced and interesting. For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out who the killer is. I still can’t since this seems to be a five book series. Oh god help me! I won’t be able to wait!

2. The CHARACTERS. Domin
Gerbera_Reads
This is an awesome beginning for this series. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. After reading some reviews of my fellow GR friends I was slightly hesitant but was pleasantly surprised at how the book turned out. It was different for me in a sense that this book felt like a prequel to Levi and Dominic's relationship. It focused on their past and what made them them and what brought them to this point in life.

Dominic was a complete surprise for me from the beginning. When I first read about him I thou
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio - 1 very generous star!
Story - 5 stars minus 2 stars for the poor choice of narrator

I'm not even going to review the story. I'm late to the party and there are a ton of reviews out there. What I'm going to bitch about is the choice of narrator. WHY???!! Why go with an amateur narrator who delivered a robotic performance instead of a seasoned one for a series as popular as this one???? What was Kale Williams, JF Harding, Chris Patton, Aiden Snow...just to name a few of the best, unavailable
Christelle
As good the second time as it was the first time...So glad this series is almost released and that I can dig in :-)

--------------------------------
Initial review

**4.5 stars** A romantic suspense at its best !!
I loved it !! Not that it surprises me : I like this author, the blurb was right up my alley and all the previous reviews were glowing. And I’m totally on board with them.

Levi is a detective, a bit uptight, whose relationship is going sour on top of his internal struggle of the burden of hi
Diana
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kill Game, Seven of Spades #1, is a great introduction to a series following Detective Levi Abrams who is trying to find the person behind the Seven of Spades killing. Along the way, he reluctantly gets help from Dominic Russo, a local Bounty Hunter. Together, they try to figure out the twist and turns of the killer, while they are both struggling with their own past demons

The writing was fluid and was such an easy read that I got lost in the book. It is very hard for me not to jump into book 2,
Ami
4.5 stars!!

Kill Game is a book whose plot (serial killer!), characters (a homicide detective -- who can do Krav Maga by the way -- and a bail enforcement agent), chemistry (sizzles), action (fast-paced!), and romantic development (strong and steady; the sex near the end is pretty hot too) is RIGHT up my alley! It definitely is one of my favorite reads of the year...

This is only my second book of Cordelia Kingsbridge and I seriously wonder why I haven't read more of hers. Maybe because I'm no
Ele
*4.5 stars*

If you 're a fan of Cordelia Kingsbridge's older online stories, like Close Protection and Control, you don't even need my review. Add this book to your list ASAP! For the rest, here's what you should know:

When this book ends, everything is still up in the air, the mystery AND the romance plot. In my mind, though, I can't exactly call it a cliffhanger, considering that this is just the first part of what is meant to be a series with the same (probably) ongoing theme: a serial killer,
Dia
4 solid stars for the first book in this romantic suspense series

I know there are 5 books in the series and I'm glad all the books are released. I think I'll continue this series soon because it really kept my interest, even if the beginning was kind of slow and it took me some time to warm up to the characters.

I'm usually not of fan of the main characters having sex with other people, but I get it, Levi was in a relationship for 3 years. He seemed pretty detached and concentrated on his work. H
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Once upon a time I might have dismissed Kill Game as sweet candy I enjoyed savoring before forgetting about it altogether (and those who know me won't be surprised that I'm talking about a book dealing with a serial killer as candy, but moving on), yet after having been sneaky reading for months now (yeah, that's me being lazy and never reviewing anything), Levi's and Dominic's story actually made me turn on my laptop at three am, connect my bluetooth keyboard (a new feature brought into my life ...more
Ky
It took me a little bit to get to this series but I'm all in now!

The mystery was spot on, I have no clue who they're looking for, though I never thought the most obvious suspect was the one who did it. There's also a creepy feeling surrounding the story since the murderer is always one step ahead of everyone and seems to never slip up. They must also watch the MCs because they know things about them and contact them with a lot of ease. There's agony of course, some action scenes and a lot of un
Fabi
I haven't read writing (and editing) this good in a very long time.

This is a crime mystery police procedural that doesn't shy away from on page sexy times. Add a light sprinkling of romance and it becomes the perfect recipe for my favorite story.

4.5 stars for a great start to this series
Erth
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The plot and the writing are so tight; it's amazing. I am awed by authors who can write mysteries, rolling out clues little by little, letting the reader experience the MCs' thought processes as they work to solve individual cases while the Seven of Spades serial killer is part of everything.

And these MCs...wow! I love the respect they have for each other, and their attraction to each other. The secondary characters are also interesting, and real characters, not just props used to propel a MC fo
Chris
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great book !!! I loved this - the pace, the dynamic and the plot. I cancelled my day to read this as I couldn’t seem to concentrate on anything else. I love a good crime mystery and these characters were perfect. No spoilers here as this is a must read for crime / mystery fans. This is going to be a ripper series 😎
Anyta Sunday
What kind of sorcery is this?

#inlove
Line
This was a SOLID mystery with red herrings, drugs, hardcore detective-work and a creepy killer.

The reason it is not a full 5 stars for me, was Levi's inability to have a PROPER conversation with his long-term BF, Stanton, and to fucking end the relationship, if that's what he actually wanted.
This is dubbed as slow-burn by many many readers, but I didn't read it as slow-burn.
Yes, the story is long, but until 75% (or something like that) Levi is STILL with his BF, and the whole story only takes p
Jaime
This is an excellent start to this new serial style story from Cordelia Kingsbridge-- I loved it! I have a feeling that Dominic and Levi are going to take us on a wild ride while chasing the "Seven of Spades" killer across Las Vegas...

I have some ideas or thoughts about "who" it could be... only time will tell if I am wrong or right. The chemistry between these two men is off the fucking charts and the sex is hot as hell!! I cannot wait for the next book in this series... this author's writing
Debra

I'd love to do an in-depth review of this fantastic cat and mouse serial killer story, that also has a smoldering, take it slow after a night of screaming sex romance, with diverse and interesting secondary characters, but I'm too busy reading book two, Trick Roller. Go read some of the other awesome reviews out there or, even better, just pick up the book and get to it. I'm sure I can't be the last person to jump on this train.

******
Thank you for the gift Mistletoe Minx!
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Not bad*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The book centers around homicide detective of four years, Levi Abrams (how old?) and bounty hunter (bail enforcement agent for the Sin City Bail Bonds) and part-time bartender (at Stingray, a gay nightclub), Dominic ‘Dom’ Russo (31). A serial killer is on the loose and he's ten steps ahead of everyone, including Levi. However, Levi isn't alone in trying to catch the killer; Dominic can't get the case out of his head. Can Levi and Dominic find out who the calm and clever
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
4 stars!

Good news! Without a doubt, Kill Game lives up to all the hype. It was well-paced, entertaining, and above all, intelligent; an all-round solid read!!

Detective Levi Abrams' life has been slightly off-kilter for a while now. Not only is his relationship with his long-time boyfriend on shaky ground, but he's been struggling with the aftermath of having to shoot and kill a man in the line of duty.

Former Army Ranger turned bounty hunter, Dominic Russo, is struggling with his own demons. Kee
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Romantic suspense....it's my jam.

I held off on reading this one thinking it had a cliff-hanger ending. It did not. But there are what? 4 more books to come?

Am I going to have to wait 4 more books to figure out who the Seven of Spades is? #notcool

Great balance between the romance and the suspense.

I'm in this one for the long haul! Recommended read for sure!!!

• Where Death Meets the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Cry Wolf (Big Bad Wolf, #5)
  • Pretty Pretty Boys (Hazard and Somerset, #1)
  • Why the Devil Stalks Death (Death and the Devil, #2)
  • P.S. I Spook You (The Spectral Files, #1)
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
  • Where Death Meets the Devil: Coda (Death and the Devil #1.2)
  • Transposition (Hazard and Somerset, #2)
  • Bargaining with the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1.4)
  • Devil in the Details (Death and the Devil, #1.8)
  • Paternity Case (Hazard and Somerset #3)
  • Fair Game (All's Fair, #1)
  • When the Devil Drives (Death and the Devil, #1.6)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
Cordelia Kingsbridge has a master's degree in social work from the University of Pittsburgh, but quickly discovered that direct practice in the field was not for her. Having written novels as a hobby throughout graduate school, she decided to turn her focus to writing as a full-time career. Now she explores her fascination with human behavior, motivation, and psychopathology through fiction. Her w ...more

Seven of Spades (5 books)
  • Trick Roller (Seven of Spades, #2)
  • Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)
  • One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)