Start by marking “A Most Noble Heir” as Want to Read:
A Most Noble Heir

A Most Noble Heir

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  360 ratings  ·  178 reviews
Will gaining the world cost him everything he holds most dear?

When stable hand Nolan Price learns from his dying mother that he is actually the son of the Earl of Stainsby, his plans for a future with kitchen maid Hannah Burnham are shattered. Once he is officially acknowledged as the earl's heir, Nolan will be forbidden to marry beneath his station.

Unwilling to give up th
Published March 6th 2018 by Bethany House Publishers (first published March 2018)

To ask other readers questions about A Most Noble Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Most Noble Heir

really liked it 4.00  ·

Kellyn Roth
3.5/5 stars

FTC Disclosure: I received this book from Bethany House Publishers. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts are my own.

Title: A Most Noble Heir

Setting: England, countryside

Publisher: Bethany House Publishers

Source: received from Bethany House Publishers

Overall Rating: 3.5/5 stars

First thoughts on seeing the cover: HORSES! But what is that creepy little man doing on the cover?
Hannah
This standalone story was a real joy to read. Nolan and Hannah are excellent characters and held my attention easily. The added interest of having it set in a real English manor home, based very loosely on an incident in the author’s family tree, lent it an extra authenticity that I really liked. I also liked the whole upstairs/downstairs feel to the story, as Nolan and Hannah are somewhat caught between classes in a very class-driven society.

Nolan’s not a perfect character, but he’s one who is
Maddy
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books, reviewed
I really enjoyed this book overall! While this isn’t one of those historical books that takes the time to really describe the scenic or mention the little things around them ( meaning it’s not as in depth as some historical books are ) I still really enjoyed it. The story line was intriguing and kept me reading.

My favorite part of this book is definitely the story itself. Hannah and Nolan ( workers at the castle ) are soon to get married when they find out that Nolan is actually a nobleman. Thi
Beth Erin
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full review on Faithfully Bookish

Fans of Downton Abbey, upstairs-downstairs, and rags-to-riches romance… brace yourselves, this story is about to knock your stockings off!!

Nolan Price is a determined and hard-working (inescapably handsome) young man of faith, integrity, and loyalty. He’s also completely and entirely blindsided when his world is turned upside down by his mother’s final confession (who wouldn’t be?!).

Hannah Burnham is a humble kitchen maid and devoted sister. Struggles with insecu
Staci
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Having thoroughly enjoyed the Courage to Dream Series, I was so looking forward to A Most Noble Heir.

What I loved about this novel is that the story is based upon the author's descendants.

Nolan and Hannah both have good hearts. Unfortunately, I didn't connect with some of the story line.

I look forward to Susan Anne Mason's next release.
Clara
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Wow, this was my first book by this author but if all are as intriguing and well written as this one, it will not be my last!

Solid and intense plot to keep readers awaken 'til late at night; there’s much more than a simple life-changing event going around here. A hint of mystery, a lesson on true love, and a good amount of tenderness builds the backbone of this story.

This intricate story draws many sides of the characters. Start from the title "The Noble Heir", you expect a constancy in the mai
Sarah Grace Grzy
DNF. Not really a fan of the romance\"content", and the story just wasn't grabbing me.
Trixi
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What would you do if you learned a family secret upon your mother's deathbed? How would it change your life? What path will Nolan choose; forfeit the aristocracy for love, or take his place beside his father? These are the questions that haunt him after he learned he was rightful heir to Stainsby Hall. All his life he yearned to know who his real father was. Once he found out, he's not so sure the secret should have come to light. Loving Hannah with a fierce love, they secretly wed against his f ...more
Brittany
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed A Most Noble Heir. Poor Nolan and Hannah! They were so in love and so unprepared for the dramatic change that became a reality for both of them. There were times that I was frustrated with both of these main characters, as they did not communicate their feelings clearly. This lead to some pain and heartache, but did work to remind me that Nolan and Hannah were still very young.

There were some very hard feelings toward Nolan from the family that he suddenly found himself a pa
Carrie Turansky
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rachael
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, ownedpb
I so enjoyed this read! It hooked me, and I had a hard time putting it down. I loved the characters in this read. They were so well done. Besides the fact it’s historical, my favorite part was the plot line was more original than many books I have read. I don’t summarize books...just give a glimpse of why I liked a read...mostly so those that read this will go get a copy of their own! :)

The story, characters, and faith theme all wove a tremendous read that I enjoyed. It will have a place on my f
Kav
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think I squealed when I saw this in the bookstore and my heart did a little happy dance but I played it uber cool as I made my purchase. That lasted until I got out the door whereupon I skippedy-dooed my way to the bus stop and pulled out A Most Noble Heir and commenced reading. And missed my bus but I didn't even care because, well, I had a new book friend to pass the time with until the next one came. And my, did that cover get a lot of comments from fellow passengers once I finally settled ...more
Maureen Timerman
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
The premise of this book made me smile, from rags to riches, or from stable boy to nobility, a Cinderella type of a story, picked my interest.
A boy whom we soon find out was raised by his aunt and did not know whom his father was, and wow when the facts unfold, a déjà vu moment is about to unfold.
The author has placed us in England at a manor estate back in the 1880s’s, and we see the separation of the classes, one is superior to the other, but we also see compassion and love.
Will a father accep
Megan
When I started the book I was immediately caught up in the story and was loving it. However that didn't last too long, maybe at most 35%, before I started to feel annoyed with Hannah as well as finding the behaviors of others strange for that time period or just in general.

I don't want it to seem like I hated the book, I didn't. It just was that for several parts I was shaking my head or rolling my eyes, because it was just so ridiculous or too modern feeling for this time. The ending was obvio
Amy
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic plot. An amazing cast. Upstairs, downstairs. Poverty, wealth. Bad guys, heroes. This book has it all.

It begins with the simple love story of two of the staff of Stainsby Hall, England. They've known each other since they were teenagers, and have always planned to marry. Hannah & Nolan, have plans. He has saved and negotiated for a small farm nearby and soon their dreams will be realized. Until those dreams are suddenly shattered by a revelation that will rock their entire existenc
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)

A Most Noble Heir starts out with a yummy cover (hello, Henry Cavill-ish hero!) and hits you in all the feels before all is said and done.

I loved the character growth in this book – from Nolan to Hannah to Edward and even Evelyn. There are so many nuances and layers to this story overall, and then to each character in turn, that I can’t get more specific without spoiling a lot of things for you. Suffice it to say – 1) they will take your heart through the wringer, 2) it is all worth it,
Paula Shreckhise
A Most Noble Heir by Susan Anne Mason is a book set in Devonshire, England in 1884.

Susan Anne Mason transports you back to Regency, England and a story about a lowly stable hand who is suddenly thrust into the aristocracy.

Nolan Price works with horses at Stainsby Hall. Unbeknownst to him, the owner is his father, Edward Fairchild. The Earl always thought that the child of his first wife died along with her in childbirth.
Nolan is smitten with Hannah Burnham, one of the maids at the Hall and is p
Susan Snodgrass
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Lord, I don't know how much more I can take. First my mother, and now this? What is it you want from me?'

Nolan Price works as a groomsman on the estate of the Earl of Stainsby and he is content with his life and loving Hannah Burnham, a kitchen maid on the same estate. Nolan plans to buy a small farm and marry Hannah very soon. Then his plans are shattered when his dying mother had kept a secret from him all his life and he is the Earl of Stainsby's son. The only male heir, in fact. And as such
Chloe (aka Crystal)
Previously published on Purely by Faith Reviews.

Recommended Age: Not recommended for anyone due to intimate romance.

My Review:

The synopsis was interesting, and was what originally drew me to this book (and I’ll admit the cover did too. I mean, a beautiful horse!). A servant who has noble blood running through his veins, yet didn’t know it? Sign me up!

I got into the book quickly, and found myself really caring about these characters. I felt for Nolan when all of these sudden changes occurred, yet
Kelly Bridgewater
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy the Courage to Dream series by Susan Anne Mason, and I was excited when I heard that Mason had created another novel, A Most Noble Heir. With a historical romance, I expected a historical setting filled with life in the past and characters who interact with each other in that time period. With A Most Noble Heir, I was taken back to the late nineteenth century and enjoyed my time with these characters.

The writing jumped from the pages. Mason does a great job at using Deep Point of View a
Tressa (Wishful Endings)

A MOST NOBLE HEIR is a sweet story about a man who is torn between the desire to finally know his father and his original plans, which includes the one he loves. Moments of faith are woven through the story as he struggles to come to terms with his future and what exactly that future will hold. The characters are easily likable and the setting makes for a perfect backdrop for this story. An overall enjoyable read!

This story took a little bit of time to grow on me. I liked the beginning,
Denise Hershberger
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her best book yet!

I'll admit it took me awhile to get into this story. I'm not really sure why, but for quite a few chapters I wasn't sure I was going to love it. Then something clicked and I was totally hooked. I was really impressed with the versatility of Mason's writing in this book. Becasue it included so much more than what you traditionally find in a historical novel. The romance was wonderful. Like her best yet! And I loved that there were elements of suspense too! Mason is also known fo
Tricia Mingerink
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I totally bought this book for the cover. Look at how gorgeous it is. Isn't he so handsome? I mean the horse. The guy is good looking, I guess, but that horse...I just want to go up and pet him and see all the photographer's outtakes as they tried to get the horse to stand still just right for the picture. Though based on the horse's ears, he isn't sure what to think about these crazy humans snapping pictures of him.

Anyway, about the book itself. It was a soft, sweet sort of book with an intere
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I was entertained from start to finish by A Most Noble Heir. It was easy for me to become caught up in the story and enjoy the characters. I loved some of themes. My favorite was about love and how it can change a person. Do you fight for love, or do you let it go and become lost and bitter? In this novel there are no easy answers.

The book contained many secrets. It seemed as if everyone was holding on to some secret and making life miserable for themselves. Susan Anne Mason did a great job of r
Sydney
Readers will be pleasantly surprised in Susan Ann Mason’s A Most Noble Heir. Mason’s story is an excellently written historical romance that is focused on Nolan Price who unexpectedly finds that he is the son of an Earl and the struggles that come with learning about becoming a nobleman as the earl’s heir. This story is about difficult and sometimes unwanted demands and expectations as a new husband and an unexpected heir. It is about overcoming these hardships and becoming a better man, husband ...more
Renee
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
A Most Noble Heir is my first book by this author and I have to say, I'm not too sure how I feel about it. I'll have to let this one stew in my mind for a bit, but my review is due and I must continue to write it. Maybe the cover model is too cute and is responsible for skewering my brain before I even opened the book. Ha! On one hand, I loved that this wasn't a trope I've read in Christian romance, but on the other hand, the secondary characters turned out to be more interesting than Nolan and ...more
Rebekah Brown
A Most Noble Heir is a stand alone novel from Susan Anne Mason. This is my 2nd novel from Mason and I did not enjoy it as much as the last. A most Nobel Heir has some interesting components, but overall the character’s and their actions did not sit well with me. I really wanted to like this story more because the plot was quite interesting. However, I pushed through this story to finish it. It was an average read in my opinion.

I enjoy the old rags to riches story as much as the rest...until tha
Tiffany Jones
**FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM NETGALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW.**

Stable hand, Nolan Price, has always wondered about the identity of his father but he never dreamed of what a shock it would be or how much his life would change when he found out. He gets the answer he’s been seeking when his dying mother reveals that he’s actually the son of Lord Stainsby, the Earl they’
Amy
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this story more than 5 stars I would. Author Mason brought this tale of true love, class distinction, and family drama and secrets to life. Nolan Price was a young man who loved his mother and his sweetheart, Hannah. He was a stable hand and she a kitchen maid. They planned to marry and farm a little farm all their own and live their lives as happily ever after as possible. That was until Nolan is told the secret of his birth and who his parents truly are.

Family and identity is i
Lynda Edwards
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keeper-shelf
I really enjoyed Susan Anne Mason’s Irish Meadows series and eagerly awaited this new release. A Most Noble Heir exceeded every expectation I had, however, and vaulted this book and author into position as one of my favorites!

I like complex—at least in fiction. Complex storylines, characters, and motivations add depth and interest to any story. This book gives the reader plenty to think about, but also lots of unique facets, too. The cover art, which features Nolan rather than Hannah, is differe
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Miss Serena's Secret (Regency Brides: A Promise of Hope #2)
  • A Lady Unrivaled (Ladies of the Manor, #3)
  • Love Held Captive (Lone Star Hero #3)
  • Out of the Ordinary (Apart From the Crowd, #2)
  • The Captain's Daughter (London Beginnings #1)
  • Lady of a Thousand Treasures (The Victorian Ladies #1)
  • A Love So True (Teaville Moral Society, #2)
  • Enchanting Nicholette
  • A Defense of Honor (Haven Manor, #1)
  • A Refuge at Highland Hall (Edwardian Brides, #3)
  • Honor Redeemed (Keys of Promise #2)
  • Home on the Range (Double S Ranch #2)
  • A Convenient Christmas Wedding (Frontier Bachelors, #5)
  • The Return (Amish Beginnings #3)
  • Chivalrous (Valiant Hearts, #2)
“Sometimes we have to hear God's message several different ways before it finally takes root.” 1 likes
“Promise me you'll let go of your anger. Don't blame God for taking me. His will is beyond our understanding, but perfect in its execution. Don't let this shake your faith. ~Nolan's mom to Nolan” 1 likes