Start by marking “Peanut Butter and Jelly (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #3)” as Want to Read:
Peanut Butter and Jelly (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #3)

Peanut Butter and Jelly

(A Narwhal and Jelly Book #3)

Narwhal's obsession with his new favorite food leads him into hijinks and hilarity in the third book of this all-star early graphic novel series!

Narwhal and Jelly are back and Narwhal has a new obsession . . . peanut butter! He's so obsessed he even wants to change his name to . . . that's right . . . Peanut Butter! Ever-sensible Jelly isn't so sure that's the best idea,
Published March 27th 2018 by Tundra Books (NY)

To ask other readers questions about Peanut Butter and Jelly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peanut Butter and Jelly

Start your review of Peanut Butter and Jelly (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #3)
Erica
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this story, Narwhal has some serious dietary issues. Jelly tries to help but only makes things worse. On the upside, Jelly now has a nickname, one that I share.
Yodamom
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picky-eaters
What a cute book. I adore the Narwal and Jellyfish characters. This book tackles picky eaters who will not even try a new food. It teaches them to try it in a cute way that would make any child tempted. The Illustrations are adorable !
Whispering Stories
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Peanut Butter and Jelly is the third book in the Narwhal and Jelly series and what a series it is. It will make you laugh-out-loud and giggle uncontrollably.

In book three there are four stories, three about Narwhal and his friend Jelly the Jellyfish and one the continuation of their superhero story – ‘Super Waffle and Strawberry Sidekick’.

The book has been beautifully illustrated and all the stories are amazing. Amongst the stories you will also find factual information, I never knew that Tiger
The Captain
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: misc
Ahoy there mateys! I be the first to admit that I am not really a graphic novel or comics person. While I like art, I do not have a visual mind at all. For example, me film friends laugh good-naturedly at me all the time when when I watch tv or movies with them because I miss the visual cues of storytelling. This means the tv or movie must be paused so the can explain the plot points I literally didn’t see. I need words! Dialogue! Something! But the First Mate and I had donated books to a local ...more
Lata
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Narwhal does not do things by halves. Whether it's waffles, peanut butter, or names. Jelly introduces Narwhal to peanut butter, and that sets Narwhal off on a peanut butter kick.
These two friends are cute together, and though this book didn't have me laughing out loud like book 2, I still found this installment amusing.
Caroline
This is the third in a series by Ben Clanton featuring a very cute narwhal and jellyfish. Set up graphic-novel style, this is easy reading, suitable for young elementary-age readers. I was mildly amused by this little tale of a narwhal who loves eating waffles to the exclusion of all other foods until the jellyfish introduces him to peanut butter; however, I wasn’t impressed by it. Because of how insubstantial and uninspired this is, I got the feeling Clanton was milking a cash cow. The story ...more
Sophie Brookover
You/the child reader in your life has torn through Elephant & Piggie, George & Martha, Mr. Putter & Tabby, Frog & Toad? Narwhal & Jelly to the rescue!
Laura McLoughlin
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
My 8 yr old read this to me last night. It is very silly in all of the best ways!
Jennifer (JenIsNotaBookSnob)
I received this as an ARC ebook. That did not sway my opinion at all, I already loved Narwhal and Jelly. :)

This is the third book in the Narwhal and Jelly series of graphic novels. To give you an idea of grade level, the first book in the series was around a Guided Reading level M which makes it an end of 2nd grade beginning of 3rd grade level book for an average reader.

If you aren't familiar with this series, these are some of the cutest juvenile graphic novels you'll run into. This third
Alisha
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These books are so cute! I still like the second one the best but this one is great. Great for all age groups and interests. Especially good if you have a child who is a picky eater.
Brittany
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*This review was verbally created by an 8-year-old boy, and transcribed by me*

I really liked that Narwhal is all about waffles, and Jelly tried to get him to try a peanut butter cookie. Then that’s all Narwhal cared about, jars of peanut butter.

I like the front cover where Narwhal was x’ed out and the title renamed to Peanut Butter and Jelly!

I like that the beginning pages* have Narwhal and the end pages* have Jelly!

Eww, sea cucumbers eat poop!

>< >< >< >< ><
Story❤
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
For months, a young friend of mine has been begging me to read a Narwhal and Jelly book. He laughs so hard just thinking about the series that I had to give it a try.

Now I see why he loves that goofy Narwhal soooooo much. That wacky whale is just right to appeal to a young reader's sense of fun. Even at my advanced age, I loved the absurdity, the hyperbole and the illustrations and the friendship between Narwhal and Jelly. I also loved the way that Clanton snuck in a few sea-facts amidst the
Critterbee❇
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved the font,
loved the images,
loved the mini comic in the middle of the book,
loved Narwhal and Jelly (both very lovable),
loved the page of facts halfway through,
loved that the facts were given in a fun and memorable way,
Overall - ridiculously adorable, a slam dunk of a series!
Loved it!

*eARC Netgalley*
Abby Johnson
Continues the adorable hilarity! See Narwhal the size of a peanut! You want this! (Coming in March.)
Lexie
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adorable and so much fun. Great puns!
Monica
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These two are so fun! <3
Bridgette
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Still funny and adorable. Narwhal and Jelly's conversation about all the foods Narwhal hasn't tried is sure to entertain readers of all ages. Narwhal's obsession with the peanut butter was delightful and there were several fun surprises. Readers of the first two installments won't be disappointed.
Jeimy
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
In which Jelly convinces Narwhal to try a peanut butter cookie. As expected, Narwhal takes things to the extreme.
Tom Mooney
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Judging by how much my 5-year-old laughed at this, it must be the funniest book in history.
Nicole
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Advance Reading Copy provided in exchange for an honest review.

Still cute and nonsensical, though probably a little less value than previous volumes. It was silly, but not as endearing as I thought it would be, as the first two were. There were less values in it, less "be yourself" messages. A bit of a miss for me, though still cute and wonderfully illustrated.
Emily
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, kiddo-books
I still like the first one the best.
Annie
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Narwhal Peanut Butter and Jelly by Ben Clanton from Penguin Random House Canada, is book 3 in this cute graphic series which is due out 27 March, 2018. The art is super simple and adorable.

It's a short book, 64 pages, with 2 small stories, a mini-comic 'by Narwhal Peanut Butter and Jelly Floyd', and a 2 page spread with facts about sea creatures great and small from blue whales to sea cucumbers. There is also a useful table of contents in the
Tayler K
So I actually first spotted this book August 7th (and took a picture of it to remember), and then took another picture of it 9 days later. I actually read it at work some point before now; I wish I remembered if it was when I took the second picture Aug 16th or not. I also wish I'd recorded somewhere what I thought about it the first time...

But anyway, I just read it again and I'm recording it this time! 4 stars because it was cute enough to get my attention multiple times, and I'm pretty sure
Holly
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Narwhal, a quirky, carefree narwhal and Jelly, a cautious, skeptic jellyfish are back again but on a culinary adventure. The unlikely duo are trying out new foods – and names! – at the whim of Narwhal and to the chagrin of Jelly.

This is my seven-year-old’s new favorite series. After reading this installment, she immediately turned to me and said “Mommy, read this – it’s so silly!” And I did. And she was spot on. We laughed out loud at the witty banter between Narwhal and Jelly, marveled at the
Ryan
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is just so much fun. It’s simple, but that is its beauty. Apparently Narwhal has never eaten anything but waffles. And Jelly has a peanut butter cookie. It takes some convincing, but when Narwhal finally gets his first bite, he is hooked. And an addict is made. This book isn't just fun, “it’s fintastic”.
Diana
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Quick, easy, and cute - this easy reading graphic novel continues to be smart and funny. This is the third volume of Narwhal and Jelly. The story in this one feels a little lighter than the past two volumes, but it holds up as a funny, silly situational comic. Definitely looking forward to future adventures from Narwhal and Jelly.
Shelia
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute book. Every adult should read a kids book occasionally. And what better than a book about Narwhals and PB!
Nora
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s funny because narwhal changes her name to peanut butter!!
Emily
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Narwhal, ahem, "Peanut Butter" and Jelly are still adorable and silly, but this title was a little lighter on storyline than the first book.
Paula
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I LOVE peanut butter so much but haven't eaten it in years. Now that I'm eating peanut butter again, I can relate to how Narwhal feels! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Peter & Ernesto: The Lost Sloths
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 5: Intergalactic Gas
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 6: Alien vs Bad Guys
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 8: Superbad
  • Unicorn Bowling (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #9)
  • Harold & Hog Pretend For Real! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #6)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 7: Do-You-Think-He-Saurus?!
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • Peter & Ernesto: A Tale of Two Sloths
  • Sparkly New Friends (Unicorn and Yeti, #1)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 4: Attack of the Zittens
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable
  • It's Me. (Catwad, #1)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 1
  • Circle
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back
  • Unicorn Day
  • The Princess in Black and the Science Fair Scare (The Princess in Black #6)
Ben Clanton is the author/illustrator of such books as Something Extraordinary, Rex Wrecks It!, Mo's Mustache, Vote for Me!, and The Table Sets Itself. When Ben isn't doodling up stories (and often when he is) he likes to cook, explore outdoors, and play basketball. Ben lives in Seattle, WA with his wife and goldendoodle pup. Find out more about Ben at www.benclanton.com.

A Narwhal and Jelly Book (4 books)
  • Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea  (A Narwhal and Jelly, #1)
  • Super Narwhal and Jelly Jolt (A Narwhal and Jelly, #2)
  • Narwhal's Otter Friend (A Narwhal and Jelly Book, #4)