Start by marking “Ms. Demeanor (Mystery Christmas #4)” as Want to Read:
Ms. Demeanor (Mystery Christmas #4)

Ms. Demeanor

(Mystery Christmas #4)

A cold-case Christmas in Mystery, Montana

Yearning to be known as something other than Mystery's ultimate bad boy, rancher Rainier Fitzgerald isn't pleased when he stumbles upon the remains of a dead body. Especially when Officer Laura Blade catches him with a gun in his hand.

Spending Christmas chasing down a cold case with a man she's not supposed to fraternize with is
Published November 21st 2017 by Harlequin Intrigue Larger Print

To ask other readers questions about Ms. Demeanor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ms. Demeanor

Start your review of Ms. Demeanor (Mystery Christmas #4)
Paula Brandon
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Rainier Fitzgerald gets released from prison and immediately starts to get jiggy with it with his parole officer, Laura Blade. Threatening their happiness is a mighty tax bill generated against them by family enemy William Poe, who is still inexplicably walking around a free man despite evidence that he was getting his half-brother to commit crimes for him. There's also the matter of a dead body discovered on the ranch, opening up a cold case!

I think this gets 2 stars simply because it's better
Jo-Anne
Dec 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, christmas
Ms. Demeanor is the fourth book in the Mystery Christmas series and there continues to be trouble at the ranch.

Laura Blade picked Rainier Fitzgerald up from prison. She was his parole officer and used the drive to go over all the rules he had to follow now that he was out. He sure didn't want to go back to prison so he was not going to break any of her rules.

Rainier was the black sheep of the family but quite a charmer. He seemed to be his mother's favourite of all the adopted boys. He was a kin
Books and Spoons
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: earc
This series, Mystery Christmas, has won me over from the book one. The dark and tense atmosphere at the ranch with the drama and trouble surrounding it is a great setting for the riveting series. The complex yet charming characters, the pained past of the adopted brothers, the odd and peculiar attacks and crimes against them - it all makes fascinating entertainment that kept me on the edge.
Ms. Demeanor is a story that can be read as a standalone novel yet having the information and being on the
Amber Daulton
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the fourth Mystery Christmas book, parole officer Laura Blade goes to pick up her newest recently released parolee from prison as a favor for her deputy friend, Wyatt. The parolee also happens to be Wyatt’s younger brother. When she meets Rainier, she never expected to actually like the man or fall into his family’s trouble.
After three years in prison for assault, Rainier Fitzgerald is finally free, but he’s worried about returning home. He’s always been the black sheep in the family, and he
Susan
Good conclusion to the series. In this book, we finally get to meet Ranier, the brother who has been "away." As it happens, he has been in prison for assaulting his biological father. The story opens as he is released, expecting that one of his brothers will pick him up. Instead, he is met by Laura, his parole officer, who is picking him up as a favor to his brother Wyatt. There are sparks between the two from the beginning, but a relationship between an ex-con and his parole officer?

Laura seems
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Rainier Fitzgerald has spent the last 3+ years in prison for punching his biological father, and he is finally being released from prison. He is expecting his brother Wyatt to pick him up, however he is surprised when Laura Blade appears instead, and she turns out to be his parole agent. Of course there is an instant attraction between them, but it is almost immediately strained when shortly after she returns him to Dunrovin, he finds a bone and a gun buried in the pasture. When Wyatt shows up t ...more
Kym Grime
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this series from the beginning, I grew attached to the Fitzgerald family. Their values are strong and family loyalty is high. When son Rainier is sentenced to time in prison it takes a toll on everyone. As this book opens it is nearing Christmas and Rainier is coming home. What should be a joyous event is overshadowed by tension from many directions. What this family does not need is to discover a body on the property, especially with Rainier's parole officer present.
Laura Blade has her
Kathy Wideman
This is the forth book in this series and they need to be read in order. Rainier Fitzgerald has been released from prison on parole. He is picked up by his parole officer Laura. Rainier is happy to be out of jail but he is not sure how he will be received at home. He is given all the rules he must follow by Laura on his way home to the ranch. However he isn't home for very long before he finds himself in trouble. Or at least what looks like trouble. He finds a buried body and gun while helping d ...more
Lynn Brooks
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christmas comes to Mystery, Montana! When bad boy Rainier returns home, it seems trouble is brewing before he even gets to say hello to everyone! With the last brother’s story, we get a few answers uncovered in the ongoing mysteries of Dunrovin Ranch. This family has been a pleasure to read about and get to know.

Rancher Rainier Fitzgerald just wants to live in peace and enjoy his freedom when he returns to his family ranch, but his pleasure is short lived when he stumbles upon the remains of a d
John
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Demeanor 4.5/5 Stars!

This was an excellent wrap up to the Mystery Christmas series! While I wasn't that big of a fan of the romance between Laura and Rainier, I loved how the author wrapped the over all storyline of the series up. Going into this one, you knew the big bad and the whole nine yards. But it still kept you on the edge of your seat.

The Mystery Christmas series was my first ever Danica Winters books, and I'm happy to say that I'll be reading more books from her in the future! I h
Marissa
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kindle Copy for Review

He was a bad boy even spending time in jail.

She was his parole officer.

But first meetings are sometimes are the most important.

Returning home after serving his time in jail, Rainier Fitzgerald soon finds himself in trouble when he finds a gun on his adoptive parent’s ranch. The gun leads to a dead body on the ranch while leads to more family trouble.

Along the way, the two of them find themselves falling for each other despite knowing they should stay away. It is Christmas s
Angel
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Love this series, it can be read as a standalone but makes more sense if read in order because then you know the stories of the secondary characters. Rainier's story is full of inst love and lots of suspense.
Rainier is fresh home from a prison stay and has the hots for his parole office. The ranch has more problems and the bad guy in closing in. What will happen, will Rainier get his happy ending or?

I was given an advance copy for an honest review.
Peggy Clayton
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I went heads over tails for this book. If you read any of my reviews from Danica's previous books I love the way she writes. Her characters,storyline, time the book is set and many more things. I know that when I pick up one of her books it is a winner and I will be happy. Danica hit a grand slam with this book! ...more
Linda McMullin
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Totally forgot I read the first one in this series. It's not that it's horrible, I just think there are much better series out there if you are into this kind of stuff like Kat Martin's series for example. ...more
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This continues to be a great series, and I hope there are more books to come. This was an unlikely romance between Rainier who had just been released from jail and his parole officer. This also had a mystery running through the book.
Tabitha
Aug 06, 2019
Alisha
Nov 26, 2018

• Just the Way You Are
  • Prove It: Murder In The Mix (A Likable Daisy Mystery Book 1)
  • The Deputy's Witness (Protectors Of Riker County #2)
  • Frozen Memories
  • Boer Wars: A History From Beginning to End
  • Acacia: Secrets of an African Painting
  • Stranded with the Suspect (The Ranger Brigade: Family Secrets #6)
  • Safe at Hawk's Landing (Badge of Justice #2)
  • Forgotten Pieces (Protectors Of Riker County #3)
  • Manhunt on Mystic Mesa (The Ranger Brigade: Family Secrets)
  • Hot Zone (Ballistic Cowboys)
  • Soar!: Build Your Vision from the Ground Up
  • Secured by the SEAL (Red, White and Built #5)
  • Military Grade Mistletoe (The Precinct #32)
  • Protector's Instinct (Omega Sector: Under Siege #2)
  • Redemption at Hawk's Landing (Badge of Justice, #1)
  • Federal Agent Under Fire (Protectors of Cade County)
  • Reluctant Hero
Danica Winters is an Amazon bestselling author who has won multiple awards for writing books that grip readers with their ability to drive emotion through suspense and occasionally a touch of magic. Most recently, Danica was the winner of the Paranormal Romance Guild’s Paranormal Romantic Suspense Book of the Year Award and Chanticleer Media’s Paranormal Book of the Year for her novel Montana Must ...more

Mystery Christmas (4 books)
  • Ms. Calculation (Mystery Christmas #1)
  • Mr. Serious (Mystery Christmas #2)
  • Mr. Taken (Mystery Christmas #3)