Start by marking “Roaming Wild (Steele Ridge, # 6)” as Want to Read:
Roaming Wild (Steele Ridge, # 6)

Roaming Wild (Steele Ridge #6)

4.58  ·  Rating details ·  67 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
She's loved him forever...

The last thing traveling nurse Evie Steele expects to find aboard the RV housing her mobile health clinic is her brother’s best friend. As always, Deke’s close proximity stirs her forbidden desires and long-suppressed dreams. But his sudden reappearance in her life and curious interest in her patients makes Evie wonder what he’s hiding.

...but now
Published June 20th 2017 by Steele Ridge LLC

To ask other readers questions about Roaming Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roaming Wild

Cathy Geha
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roaming Wild by Tracey Devlyn
Steele Ridge #6

Evie Steele knows what she wants and what she wants is Deke Conrad in her life as more than her oldest brother’s best friend. She wants him for much much more and she wants him forever. Deke, being older and working as a special agent in black ops for the Fish and Wildlife Service, has had a hankering for Evie for years but with his job and the 12 years between them has always kept a respectful brotherly distance. The potential for a relationship betwe
April
ROAMING WILD by Tracey Devlyn is an amazing Romantic Suspense. “Steele Ridge” Book 6 , but can be read as a stand alone. If you enjoy family saga, then I’d suggest reading the other 5 books in the series. However, not necessary to enjoy this story.

The hero was a ruggedly sexy, strong and a protective, alpha male. The heroine was feisty, brave and brazen, a true heroine. I loved Evie and Deke, their story was intriguing in itself, but when added in the suspense, and mystery, WOW!

The conflict was
Teresa
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** I received Roaming Wild from Author's Pal and the author in exchange for a voluntary and honest review**

Roaming Wild by Tracey Devlyn is the sixth book in her Steele Ridge series and I think the best one yet. I loved that Evie Steele and Derek "Deke" Conrad finally got their own story. I can hardly wait for Jonah's book but will try to be patient.

Evie Steele is finished with her RN nursing degree and has returned home to Steele Ridge and she has her eyes on one person, Deke Conrad, and only
Amy R
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deep breath. That is exactly what I had to do when I finished reading Roaming Wild by Tracey Devlyn. My heart was beating out of my chest and I almost couldn’t blink or read fast enough for fear of missing something near the end of the book. Devlyn writes a dark, romantic suspense filled with evil villains that make you shudder but balances it out well with a romance between life long friends.

Roaming Wild is Evie Steele’s story. If you have read the other books in the Steele Ridge Series you hav
Book Lover
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Evie Steele has just graduated from college and begun her nursing career. Her first job is traveling around in a mobile health unit to very poor areas in the mountains surrounding the small town where she grew up. Evie is intelligent, hard working, dedicated and knows what she wants for her life. She is the youngest of six siblings and her four brothers are very overprotective of her.

Deke Conrad is her brother Britt’s best friend and 12 years older than Evie. He is a Special Agent with SONR - Sp
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Evie Steele, a traveling nurse, has always wanted Deke Conrad for more than just her brother's best friend. He had a thing for her as well, but as he's older, and younger sisters of friends are off limits he's never acted on it. Deke is now a special ops agent on a case that brings him back into Evie's world, as he shows up at her mobile health clinic. Evie's suspects Deke is hiding something after he's taken a big interest in the patients that she sees. And Deke believes that he can keep Evie i ...more
Yvonne
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Loved this story. I have only read two of the Steel Ridge books, and have loved each one as well.
This one is not for the faint of heart. But if you are looking for a story filled with suspense, intrigue, whodunit, evil characters, wildlife trafficking, strong female characters as well as hunky male characters, this one is for you. A book that you will not want to put down.
The main characters are Evie and Deke. Evie has been in love with Deke for most of her life, but he is 12 years older and be
Lovebites Andsilk
My only regret about reading this book is that I didn’t read the ones before it in the series. Not because I got lost in any of the backstory while reading Roaming Wild, but because I can only imagine how awesome the previous Steele Ridge romances were. I loved every single character that was strategically planted in this book (barring the villains, but even they held a complexity to them).

Deke Conrad was an amazing man. One of those deep down good people with a wonderful heart and the need to
Lynnette Copp
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this story even though it is the latest in a series I could read it without having read any of the previous books.

I liked the two main characters Evie and Deke a lot they were a good match and easy to warm to. Though the author does this in different ways for each. With Evie it is all about Deke and how she wants him to see they should be together. Yes we do see her with her family and with her work so this does round her c
Becky Burciaga
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Steel Ridge series grows more riveting with each new story...Ms Devlyn had me completely captivated from the onset, literally taking my breath away with the perfect combination of romance, intense intrigue, and familial loyalties.

There was not one aspect of Derek and Evie's story that didn't surpass all expectations of what this sixth book in the series held. Their draw to each other was as heartwarming as it was heart stopping. Derek's strength and Evie's boldness created a unique couple w
Rosemary K
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Evie Steele can stand up to any man. After all she has brothers who gave her no peace. This is why she won't let Deke Conrad refuse to acknowledge their attraction. He's determined to ignore their chemistry. He doesn't want to put her in danger. He's a special agent for the Federal Wildlife Service on a dangerous assignment. Will Evie ever get her man? This is an exciting and suspenseful story. Their romance adds to the drama as the enemy targets Evie. Deke is afraid he's not worthy of this feis ...more
Cricket
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is Evie Steele's story. This book is part of the Steele Ridge series. I absolutely love this series. In this book Evie who has secretly been crushing on her brother's friend Deke for years, but he is older than her and seems to only think of her as his friends little sister.
Deke has been in love with Evie for years, but doesn't want to risk losing his friendship with her brother and her entire family. When Deke returns to Steele Ridge he discovers that Evie is all grown up and is busy with
She's a Lip Biter
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Being the first book of Tracey Devlyn's that I have read, I am kicking myself for not having read any sooner!

Deke is a Special Wildlife Agent trying to bring down a huge illegal trapping business. Evie is a newly graduated nurse who volunteers her services to travel to remote towns with free medical aid. The two have known each other for years however there is quite an age difference that prevents Deke from reaching out to Evie.

There is some good humour laced throughout the story. For example, w
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Roaming Wild' by Tracey Devlyn is book 6 in the " Steele Ridge" series. This is the story of Evie Steele and Deke Conrad. I have not yet read the other books in this series so for me this was a standalone book.
Evie is a new nurse who is volunteering to help people with medical care in areas that need it. Deke is a Special Wildlife Agent who is trying to bring down people who are doing illegal trapping. Deke is Evie brother's best friend and is someone Evie has always had feeling for. Deke find
Kim
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I didn't expect Evie Steele to be who she was when I picked up this book. From previous Steele books, I had an entirely different view of her. I was wrong – Evie is all grown up in the book. I felt kind of like Deke and Evie's brothers must have felt, that here is this strong and resilient woman that knows her mind. Oh and she might have just a teeny bit of the Steele stubbornness! Deke is dense because he doesn't realize it, but Evie isn't going to just let him walk away, secrets or no sec ...more
Winnie Lim
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tracey Devlyn brings us a fast paced and thrilling adventure with Roaming Wild. She mentions at the end of the book that she has never written a military style book before and I think she did wonderful in her first attempt. The idea of a elite black ops team within the US Fish and Wildlife Service was novel and interesting.

The chemistry between Deke and Evie was off the charts and I couldn't help but root for Deke. He had given up so much because of his job and because of his friendship with th
Pamela Mitchell
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is WOW! I felt like I was in the middle of the action in western North Carolina while reading this intensely riveting drama. My heart was pumping and jumping as I clung to the edge of my seat. Also I was turning the pages as fast as I could to see what would happen next. I fell in love with Special Agent Deke Conrad and his chemistry, repartee and heartwarming romance with Evie Steele. This is book six in the amazing Steele Ridge series and fans of suspenseful romance will love Roa ...more
Ashley Westphall-carr
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author and series to me and I absolutely love them. Evie knows what and who she wants, but it takes more, a lot more convincing to get Deke with the program. He thwarts her every attempt at getting close to him citing their age difference of 12 years and the most important reason, his job. Being her brother's best friend, Deke has been pining after Evie for years but hasn't acted on the attraction keeping the affection brotherly. The biggest issue is all of the secrets Deke has to ...more
Nicole Smith
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
I'm a big fan of this series and this book was another winner! I couldn't put it down. Just ask my sleepless self. I just had to know what was going to happen next. I was on the edge of my seat pretty much the whole time I was reading this book. I loved Evie and Deke. They had great chemistry. They've had a thing for each other for a long time will they finally act on those feelings? There is danger lurking. Can they stop it before more lives are claimed?
Rachael
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deke Conrad has met his match with Evie Steele. Strong-willed Evie is determined to make Deke hers, even if doing so puts them both in danger. Roaming Wild is an amazing romantic suspense story that kept me captivated from the very beginning. Danger lurked around every corner and there were several tragic events that had to be analyzed and linked together to identify and find the enemy. I loved Evie and Deke's story. The entire Steele Ridge series is awesome!

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentar
Robyn Corcoran
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm sorry I started to read this series towards the end however will still enjoy going back and reading the first five books.

Evie and Deke have know each other for years, Deke is one of her brother's best friend. Evie tries to push them together however Deke is reluctant even though it's what he desires.

Wow! This story is jam packed with suspense and adventures. There never seems to be a dull moment and the small twists and turns make it even more enjoyable.
Maggie Hesseling
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
First of all I need to state that I haven't read the rest of the novels in this series. That being said, I thought it was a brilliant read. The characters were interesting and I loved the traveling medical station. There was a fun complex story-line, which had me immediately engaged. I love that they're both headstrong, but still have a good head on their shoulders. I especially liked it when Evie said she'd stay put because she realized she would just slow him down. Smart woman. She knows when ...more
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
What a great book! I loved watching the romantic relationship develop between Deke and Evie, it was fun to watch. This was also an emotional story, I loved every word of it. I also love the suspense that was there too, I love a book that can keep me on my toes! This one will definitely keep you on the edge and turning the pages.
Jodi
Loved it!!

I just loved Deke and Evie!! The book keeps you one the edge of you seats and you can't out it down. It's also funny how her brother knew she would one day wars him down. I would recommend this book to anyone!
Pauline Frost
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great series to read. You can read each story as a stand alone but get the full impact of reading them all. Easy to follow along and you get pulled in from the start. Strong characters and love for family keep the adventures full of life with the story perfectly paced.
Whitney
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deke Conrad knew that when becoming a special agent with SONR (Special Operations for Natural Resources) there were many things that he would have to give up, including any chance of being with his best friend's little sister, Evie Steele. But when he is forced to go somewhat under cover, his limits will be tested by another than the one person he cannot have.
Evie Steele, newly minted RN, is about to set out on the Med Mobile tour to the help out rural communities when she discovers that Deke h
Sandy
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much. I read the book before the others in the series but that didn’t detract from the story (you know who ended up with whom but that’s not usually a secret!) The suspense level and story were great – they kept you hanging and I thought the ending was great. The romance between Evie and Deke was also on target. They’ve known each other their entire lives. I always enjoys storied where people have known each other and their love has grown over the years. So, I liked the ...more
Betty Brewer
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read this in one day. I put it down to call it a night and decided to read just one more chapter. Great read. Love this series.
Nana Prah
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adventure, covert operations, a hot, determined hero, a strong compassionate heroine, a beautiful friends to lovers romance, intrigue, and saving the environment. What's not to love about this story?
Carol
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thrills, chills, suspense, vivid description plus
captivating writing make this story a real page
turner.
This story present danger, intrigue, mystery
and undeniable chemistry between the two
main characters. But will they act on the
attraction?? Will they even want to act on it??
Special agent Deke Conrad, Wild Life special
ops agent has returned to Steele Ridge after
an operation takes a bad turn injuring him.
Deke finds himself going undercover in the
Med Mobile which travels to aides people in
vario
« previous 1 3 next »
USA Today bestselling author Tracey Devlyn wanted to be the next Dian Fossey and explore the wilds of Africa, but that was before she met chemistry and calculus and realized a business major, rather than a science degree, might be more up her alley.

Tracey writes contemporary and historical romantic suspense, historical mysteries, and mainstream thrillers. An Illinois native, Tracey spends her even
More about Tracey Devlyn...

Steele Ridge (6 books)
  • Steele Ridge: The Beginning
  • Going Hard (Steele Ridge, #2)
  • Living Fast (Steele Ridge, #3)
  • Breaking Free (Steele Ridge, #5)
  • Loving Deep (Steele Ridge, #4)