Start by marking “Histoires extraordinaires (Annoté)” as Want to Read:
Histoires extraordinaires (Annoté)

Read Book* *Different edition

Histoires extraordinaires (Annoté)

Histoires extraordinaires
Edgar Allan Poe, écrivain américain (1809-1849)
Paru dans "Œuvres complètes de Charles Baudelaire", Michel Lévy frères, 1869.
Traduction par Charles Baudelaire.

Ce livre numérique présente "Histoires extraordinaires", de Edgar Allan Poe, édité en texte intégral. Une table des matières dynamique permet d'accéder directement aux différentes histoires.

Ce
Published December 21st 2012 by Editions la Bibliothèque Digitale (first published 1840)

To ask other readers questions about Histoires extraordinaires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Histoires extraordinaires

Start your review of Histoires extraordinaires (Annoté)
Luís
What is extraordinary about these stories is Poe's ability to relate completely absurd or contrary to reason events by giving them a scientific dimension, which would almost convince us that a woman can be reborn in another. Or that a man can fly to the moon without perishing.
Poe never shows sentimentality, but this does not mean that he refuses all sensitivity: indeed if Poe summons up all his mathematical knowledge, his stories nonetheless remain bathed in his Plutonian poetry.
Mariana
Mar 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good. The principles of science methodology and the challenge of moral's limits appears clearly. Strange characters, sarcasm, violence, addiction and fear get together to get you into an atmosphere of the "beyond". ...more
Adriana Bonilla
What else can I say about Poe?
His writing is wonderful and his stories unforgettable. A masterpiece
Victoria
Rating: 3,5/5
Ketutar Jensen
Metzengerstein (1832)
MS. Found in a Bottle (1833)
Morella (1835)
Ligeia (1838)
The Unparalleled Adventure of One Hans Pfaall (1839)
A Descent into the Maelström (1841)
The Murders in the Rue Morgue (1841)
The Gold Bug (1843)
A Tale of the Ragged Mountains (1844)
Mesmeric Revelation (1844)
The Balloon-Hoax (1844)
The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar (1845)
The Purloined Letter (1845)
Eros Girardi
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Narraciones Extraordinarias

My first approach to Poe apart from some poem I have came across long ago. It is quite a nice variety of what this writer did, or tried to. I give my attention to the horror tales, which are built around the psychological aspect of the characters. Normally I would simply try to overanalyze everything. Surprisingly I was filled with sadness while reading this, for reasons unknown to me, or at least that are not clear enough to put them into a review. This unexpected emo
Marian
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me an Edgar Allan Hoe (pun intended). Perfect. Loved the mystery, the terror and the shocking ends. The way he writes is amazing and you can´t stop and the edition is lovely with the illustrations.
raquel
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Berenice; The Black Cat; The Purloined Letter; The Fall of the House of Usher; The Pit and the Pendulum; The Devil in the Belfry; Tell Tale Heart; William Wilson; Shadow
Camila Barros
I struggled a lot to finish and I did not enjoy it.
Sara
May 10, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3.5/5
Elia
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in my early teens, and it opened up my eyes to a new world. Poe's writing is out of this world. Will always love his stories. ...more
Kyra
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Histoires Extraordinaires from E.Poe was very interesting.
I really liked the way Dupin was solving some of the mysteries.
Thought I read the book in french and ,believe me, for my age it was sometimes a bit difficult I ended up liking it!
The caracters reminded me of those in Sherlock Homes,the detective with a -you could say-sharp inteligence (Dupin),his compagnion (the narrator) and the police chief understanding nothing Dupin is saying.
But I still can´t choose my favorite novel!!!!!
As a little
Gisela Valdera
A good collection of Allan Poe stories, features most (if not all) of his classic short stories. Great to see whether or not you like his writing. Personally, I quite enjoyed it. At some points the prose would go too deeply into semantics and certain themes were approached multiple times throughout, which would make the stories a little stale. Then again, it's fun to google those same themes later and find out if your thoughts match what the writer intended/what scholars make of the story.

I thin
Marcelo
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like tales and Poe is incredible. I liked most of the tales of terror like "The purloneid letter", "The black cat", "The fall of the house of Usher", "The oblong box". The top three are "The gold-bug", "William Wilson", "The tell-tale heart". Each tale is unique, it is short and dense, so Poe can get our full attention and you think about the craziness, fantasy and, you could be one of them, one of their characters. Some stories contains psychology, our mind problems and others are detective f ...more
Emma
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first three were amazing, and I could see so many authors inspiration for their own work. But the middle ones on magnetism and sea adventures bored me as they became so very technical. Like do I care about ropes on montgolfières -- yes, I was too lazy to go see how to say 'montgolfière' in english.
So, overall I enjoyed it but like most of the time with short story collections, some were great, some were boring.
Ana
Jun 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Podem ler a opinião completa no Floresta de Livros.

My first book from this author was pretty good. Even though some of the tales were only mediocre (none was bad), others were excelent. I'll definetly read more from Poe in the future.
Roberto Vargas
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just brilliant! The tales are very surrealist, twisted and dark, and the pace is perfect. My favorite stories were Eleonora, The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar, and The Pit and the Pendulum. I think they are all very inspiring for visual artworks.
Helena
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best horror tales I ever read in my life.
The Fall of the house of Usher, The pit and the pendulum, MS found in a bottle and the black cat are my favorites.
If you haven't read it, do it.
Juliana Souza
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Poe got me once again with his horror tales!! He even got me thinking about this tale, Valdemar: is it possible hipnotize someone at the moment of the death? I keep thinking about it and imagining how horrible it would be.
Sofia Triviño Rello
Edgar Allan Poe is a really interesting author. I would love to study him. There has to be a reason for his madness and brilliance. Some of the stories here are really weird, maybe toooo weird, but they are still really good. I'll probably re-read it for Halloween. ...more
Anabelle
2/5 stars

I was so disappointed by this short story collection. I was expecting it to be creepy but it ended up being really boring and pretentious in my opinion. I might give Poe another go but I'm not sure at all.
Ale Gomez
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth it!
Amazing how he can write about a lot of things, even other than terror, the “grades” I gave to every story remains in my TL ‘bout this book.
I didn’t put much buuut this will help me when I ‘d want to read again just to guide me for how many stars I gave to the stories.
Samuel
Jan 31, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People trying to understand how the rest of the world think.
Amazing stories with a powerful narrative style. Dont get confused, It's not Gore stories, It's real psichological horror. He was a great writer. ...more
liliana vega
Sep 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow
Lola
Nov 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This guy was really really nuts I love his dark sense of humor. This book keept me at the edge of my seat and gave one or two pretty scary nightmares, EXCELENT!!!

Jul
love love love
the best author for me
Dankha Fiennes H
Im in love with all that poe did, had and touched "Poe my soul in the dark"...
Brilliant, perfect...so smarth that seduce you in every word...."Master"
Rolando Cuéllar lozano
one of the best sets to start in poetry and authors with a lot of they personal life details attached to the pen
Estrella
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Love Poe
Raluca
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the most intriguing dark gothic books.
Juntas de Lectores: IMPORTANTE : Sobre Narraciones Extraordinarias 6 30 Mar 19, 2017 04:11PM
Goodreads Librari...: Book cover missing - 9782012555983 3 10 Sep 09, 2015 04:46AM

• Cuentos de amor, de locura y de muerte
  • Le Mariage de Figaro
  • Opio en las nubes
  • Les Soleils des indépendances
  • The April Witch (Classic Stories of Ray Bradbury)
  • Vipère au poing
  • Persian Letters
  • El llano en llamas
  • El túnel
  • El fantasma de Canterville y otros cuentos
  • Gargantua
  • El niño que enloqueció de amor
See top shelves…