Start by marking “My Roommate's Girl” as Want to Read:

Read Book

My Roommate's Girl

The day a judge gave me the choice between going to prison or going to college was the day I vowed to stop stealing. Never again would I see something beautiful and beyond my means and take it, just because I wanted it. Just because I could.

When I moved in with Jerry, it was with good intentions. I needed a place to live while I got my degree, and he needed a roommate.

The
Published June 12th 2017 by Julianna Keyes

To ask other readers questions about My Roommate's Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Roommate's Girl

Jennifer Kyle
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

description

Julianna Keyes delivers yet another hit college romance. The story starts out told in the hero’s pov as he is attending college through a program that offers felons a second chance. He had all the best intentions moving in with Jerry, well that was until he met Jerry’s girlfriend, Aster .

“This is my girlfriend, Aster.” I look at Aster and I’m done. So if you think about it, Jerry kind of started it.”

description

I truly loved how the author presented this story. It was intriguing as our hero, Aida
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I'm a fan of Julianna Keyes ever since I've plowed through Undecided (Burnham College, #1) by Julianna Keyes and loved it to bits. And she's such a sweet lady too! Anywhooooo. This book was very enjoyable but I didn't get the feels for some reason (it happens!) and there wasn't as much humor in this one as in some other books of hers that I've read.

➦The hero of this novel is a guy who has been given a second chance to get his life on track. He got caught stealing cars but was offered by a judge to be a part of the program that allows trouble
Alyssa
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-releases
Not at all what I was expecting! Which is a good thing. =)

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Dilek VT
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointing
Disappointing :(

Having read the blurb, I thought I was going to read a book about a sweet bad boy who steals the girl he is obsessed with, using his charm or something like that, no matter that she belongs to someone else. Nope, that is not what I got :(

The forbidden

As every “forbidden” story has its own weird attraction, I was intrigued by it & plus the gorgeous cover and I was sold!

The social message

The story also has a good message to the society about second chances in life if you have
♥Rachel♥
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had high hopes for My Roommate’s Girl in spite of the premise, because I adored Julianna Keyes’ Undecided. She wrote amazing chemistry, characters and plot in Undecided and even though I had a few issues with Undeclared I still enjoyed it. My Roommate’s Girl was something else entirely for me. I was expecting to be upset with Aiden’s actions in the beginning, because hey, there’s nothing good about plotting to steal another guy’s girl, but I thought I’d get a big character turn around, and he’ ...more
Annika
description

Wrong choice of title and cover, if you ask me.
It made me go into this book with pretty low expectations. Made me expect a light-hearted, rather shallow story about a bad boy going after the good girl, maybe even a little love triangle thrown into the mix. Some steam, a lot of fun and forgettable characters.
What I certainly did not expect was all the emotions, ranging all the way from hate to love, from compassion to anger, from aggravation to amusement.

Aidan in particular was such a sneaky litt
Sam (AMNReader)
I've been considering this book all day. A whole day! Percolating on a review for that long is not in my character. I'm more "decide and question later"

Was this a 3 star or a 4 star? It was one of the more raw, gritty, unpleasant NA books I've read. The only one that comes close to this Summer Skin or I should say this comes close to that?

Reading this book felt oddly personal. In a lot of ways, in a lot of characters, in a lot of mistakes and in a lot of hopes too. And I actually think this is
Melanie (mells_view)
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
 photo 1AB2D740-4473-4D71-9B7E-3B73650103D5_zpsuvdyicdz.jpg

So I will admit. When I read the title I asked myself, is this an erotic novella? Because for me those are the only instances where a trope like this works.

Well somehow, Julianna Keyes, MADE wanting your roommate's girl work. She made me fall for the guy who was pretty crappy at first. It wasn't forced either. It just worked. Really really well. The story that's weaved really helps you fall for this characters without making you sympathize really. You get mad at them as you should, but then you
Mandy
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I wasn't expecting the emotions in this one but I enjoyed it along with the humor, banter and steamy scenes. This is the perfect NA book for anyone who loves a good college romance! I really enjoy this authors writing and can't wait to read whatever she writes next!
Jaime Arkin
I loved Julianna Keye’s previous New Adult books, my favorites being Undecided/Undeclared (those books are amazing so if you haven’t read them get to it!). When I saw the summary for My Roommate’s Girl I was instantly intrigued.

The whole premise makes me cringe a bit if I’m being honest because OMG how am I going to like a guy who is trying to sabotage a relationship simply because he wants her… but I can’t lie. I actually really found myself liking Aidan and sympathizing for him at certain poi
Jean
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this book, I really did, especially after drooling over that hot man on the cover.

However, I was barely able to tolerate Aiden at the beginning of this book. He was conniving and didn't not care about the consequences of his actions. That pissed me off! And he was keeping secrets from a lot of people, including Aster (his roommate's girlfriend). Nothing unusual there, right?

But then, I was thrown when I found out someone else was keeping a secret and I got excited about the fut
Bubu
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017, na, 4-stars

I was about to write one of my long-arsed reviews and go all yadda yadda yadda. But I've had a look at my review for Undecided and realised I would have probably written something very similar to it.

There are only three NA authors who are on my auto-buy list:
- Kristen Callihan who is on the more fluffy side
- Sara Ney of whom I have admittedly only read the How to Date a Douchebag series
- and Julianna Keyes

Apart from those three, I give this sub-genre almost as big a wide berth as I giv
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have absolutely loved every Julianna Keyes novel as she has an incredible ability to combine humor, heat, and heart in her novels. They are so darn funny that sometimes I have to catch my breath laughing so hard as her heroes and heroines are so real and honest but sarcastic AF when they need to be. Aidan and Aster were really perfect together. They weren't perfect people but together made each other better. I really loved this book!

At first glance you read the title of this novel and immediat
Celeste

4.5 stars! What a refreshing New Adult romance! I loved the storyline and the conflict it presented. Before you worry, this had no cheating! I know some of you can't tolerate it, so no need to stress. Aidan didn't allow for that...but he certainly wasn't an angel by any stretch of the imagination and that's what I loved about him.

The story started out totally from the male point of view of Aidan. He was rough around the edges and had a tough past, but instead of continuing down the wrong path he

Maria Rose
The title of Julianna Keyes’s new adult romance My Roommate’s Girl gives a pretty good hint as to the subject matter, and the synopsis fills in some of the details. But what’s delivered is so much more than what’s expected and this is one of those stories you’ll be hard pressed to put down once you start.

Aidan has gotten into his share of trouble and his last chance to make something good out of his life is to take a judge up on his offer to go to college with a scholarship program for troubled
Sara (sarabara081)
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: june-2017
You can find more of my reviews at Forever 17 Books.

Whenever I’m in the mood for a quick read filled with romance, I turn to New Adult. With so many New Adult books out there it can be hard to find ones that stand out so I tend to be a little pickier with what works and doesn’t work for me in this category. Undecided by Julianna Keyes remains to be one of my favorites so of course when a new book from this author appears on the horizon I have to check it out! My Roommate’s Girl instantly drew my
Rê

4 “Guilty Pleasure” Stars

ARC via NetGalley

Thank you!

I almost feel guilty for liking this book this much. Don’t get me wrong. This is my third Julianna Keyes’ book, so I should’ve expected it, but I still feel guilty that Aidan hooked me the way he did.

Aidan is a bad boy—and it has little to do with the fact that he used to steal cars, and a lot to do with the fact the he does horrible things in order to steal his roommate’s girlfriend. Worse yet, Jerry, the roommate, is such a nice guy that you
Paula  Phillips
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aiden Shaw was stuck between a rock and a hard place, with only two options - go to Prison or accept a scholarship and head to college under a second chances program. Aiden chose the College Route of course. This landed him with Jerry as a roommate and meeting Aster. Aster is the perfect girl-next-door, or so Aiden believes. He wants her and hasn't felt this way about anyone before; the thing is she is taken and is Jerry's girlfriend. Aiden invites Jerry to a bachelor party and sets Jerry up wit ...more
~Mandi~
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Julianna Keyes
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

This turned out to be an awesome read. I definitely wasn't expecting this book to go in the direction it did. But I'm so glad it did because I couldn't put it down.
This story truly shows that people can change if they are given the opportunity. This book touched on so many real life issues and still had a great ending.
I'm definitely adding this author to my list of favs. I loved her writing style and love reading new adult stories.
Thanks NetGalley for the
nick
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it

Julianna Keyes’ books are what I want all NA romances to be like. They are swoony, entertaining and tend to be low on the drama. All that being said, I was quite nervous to read My Roommate’s Girl because I mean, it’s about a hero who has no shame and wants to steal his roommate’s girlfriend! Still though, I was willing to give it a shot, and lo and behold, I loved it! I think by now I should just learn to trust Keyes, because she can take even the most unpleasant scenario, and make me fall for
Ari
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
“When I met Aster, I thought she was the light I’d been waiting for. But I was wrong. She was the spark.”

*3.5 Stars!*

Julianna Keyes’ Burnham College series has been sitting in my Scribd library for some time now and I have yet to even get past the cover of the first book, but her newest release intrigued me enough to actually pick it up. I mean a book about a guy trying to steal his roommate’s girlfriend, how scandalous!

A trouble-maker at a young age, Aidan Shaw is finally given a second-c
Alexandra
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
Ela
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars
Katerina
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Initially I thought Aidan was off, and a little sociopathic in his thought process. He meets his roommates girlfriend, and immediately has his sights set on her. I liked that, the immediacy of the chase, the first twenty chapters or so, solely in his point of view. The problem was we had NO CLUE what was going on in the heroine's head: does she like him, does she not??

He has no loyalty to Jerry, so honestly, I didn't care that he made a play for Aster and manipulated his surroundings because he
Lindsay C
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not what you would expect by reading the title. Loved the storyline and the unexpected plot. Serious gushing over this gem.
(Nat) Reading Romances
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it

reading romances

I had fun reading My Roommate’s Girl!

Don’t worry, there’s no cheating involved! This book is written in dual POVs but we only get to the heroine’s POV later in the novel, it was a great idea, well plotted. This author always delivers such hot sex scenes, I wish there were more!

Unfortunately, the characters were quite forgettable, I could sympathize but couldn’t relate to them much. I liked the character development and plot twists but had some trouble in terms of pacing. I really loved the endi
Three Chicks
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

In hindsight, the story ends the moment it begins. I park in front of the apartment building, my new roommate, Jerry, comes out to help me bring in my meager belongings, and everything is fine . Then he says, “This is my girlfriend, Aster.” I look at Aster and I’m done. So if you think about it, Jerry kind of started it.

That statement right there made me like Aiden Shaw immediately. This guy had a wit about him that I couldn’t ignore. However, the more I read the more I
Danielle from Short and Sassy
The cover is good, the story for me didn't work. I struggled to finish it and found myself skimming it. It just seemed like there was pieces of the puzzle missing for me....
Rebecca
ARC generously provided via Netgalley for an honest review

3 stars

My Roommate's Girl wasn't what I anticipated at all. There were definitely some surprises and twists and turns that I wasn't expecting. However... it lacked an element of sweetness and really... angst that I was hoping for.

Aidan is a bad boy. So bad in fact that he finds himself enrolled in college due to a judges ruling. It was college or jail. However, try as hard as he might, he finds he hasn't quite left the bad boy in the pa
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I was so excited to see a new, standalone new adult romance from Julianna Keyes on NetGalley. It's no big secret that I've loved her Burnham College series — and her adult offerings, for that matter — but I was still looking forward to seeing what she would do with new characters. I'll admit, I was a little leery going in because of the subject matter. A guy trying to steal his roommate's girlfriend? Would there be cheating? Could I find a guy li
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • Her Kind of Trouble
  • Wanted (Deadly Secrets #2)
  • One More Valentine
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Project Virgin
  • Icebound
  • The Deepest Ocean (Eden #2)
  • Too Much (All or Nothing, #1)
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
  • Personal Assets (Texas Nights, #1)
  • Guilty as Sin (Dead Wrong, #4)
  • Confessions of a Royal Bridegroom (The Renegade Royals, #2)
  • Cold Secrets (Cold Justice, #7)
Julianna Keyes is a Canadian writer who has lived on both coasts and several places in between. She's been skydiving, bungee jumping and white water rafting, but nothing thrills - or terrifies - her as much as the blank page. She loves Chinese food, foreign languages, baseball and television, not necessarily in that order, and will go to her grave swearing that 'ain't' is not a word. She has volun ...more