Start by marking “Ahava Is Love (World of Love)” as Want to Read:
Ahava Is Love (World of Love)

Ahava Is Love (World of Love)

Brooklyn Realtor Josh Perlman desperately wants to settle down. Unfortunately he can’t find a man who wants the same. Tired of disastrous dates, he travels to explore his heritage.

Yaron is an Israeli security guard and medic charged with looking after Josh and his pilgrimage group. For Yaron, the need to protect has become more a duty than an honor since he lost his long-
Published July 5th 2017 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Ahava Is Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ahava Is Love

Ami

First of all -- can anyone be a group leader for a pilgrimage trip? Because I didn't see Josh as a group leader material; there's no evidence somewhat about his faith and his practicing his religion. I was baffled that Josh was recommended only because it said he was active volunteering.

I didn't see spirirual and/or personal connection between Josh and the Holy Land -- I see him more caring about the pleasure of the flesh. I think Josh will be more suitable as a participant of that pilg
CrabbyPatty
Josh Perlman is in a bit of a quandary. He dreams of a husband, children, and the white picket fence, but as his friend Naomi says, "you only go out with the players."
I’d always dreamed of that happily ever after, and yet it was the bad boys who got my engine revving. Give me a hot guy with no interest in monogamy, and I will want him. Sad but true. I’d never date myself. It seemed it would take a miracle for me to find my happily ever after.
Josh realizes that if he wants a change in his life,
Serena Yates
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, read-2017
Pilgrimages can have powerful effects, whatever reason they are undertaken for. In ‘Ahava is Love’, Brooklyn real estate agent Josh may start out wanting to explore his heritage, but he ends up finding a lot more than a connection with the country of his ancestors. The setting of this story is mostly in Israel, and the author has done a great job making that country come alive for me: from the sights he visits, to the sounds he hears, and even the smells and tastes of the food he experiences – i ...more
Kristin
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Book blurb sums up the story fairly well – Josh needs a change from his mundane day-to-day routine and signs on as a chaperone with a group of young adults to Israel. There he meets Yaron, the groups security and medic. Much to Josh’s dismay, he and Yaron are sharing hotel rooms the duration of the trip. Yaron, Josh realizes, is sex on legs – and definitely off-limits. Yaron does one night stands, Josh wants a relationship and it’s unlikely the two can find common ground.

All in all, a very enjo
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

I was really excited to read Ahava is Love. The blend of religion, travel, and cultural exploration is one that usually hits all the right notes for me. Unfortunately, Ahava is Love reads as rather shallow in almost all aspects. I did enjoy the limited exploration of Israel and the pacing is solid. It’s a quick read and the overall plot is fairly straightforward. Yaron is an empathetic character and it’s easy to see why he is so reluctant to give away his heart.
Melanie
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

For the Full Review visit: http://wp.me/p220KL-aYQ

From that review: "Ahava Is Love (World of Love) by Avery Duran is one man's journey to find himself, exploration why he repeats the patterns that has him stuck in life and try to move forward.  Of course, on this path, he happens to find that one man he's been looking for.  Avery Duran has done a marvelous job with bringing not only his characters to life (Josh and company are
Cathy Brockman
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of the States of Love books because you learn so much about each state. The worlds of love is also a great series of stories. I love that the country is as much part of the book as the characters.
I loved both Josh and Yaron. They are two men in two different palaces in life for very different reasons. Josh is tired of having dead end relationships and ready to give up on men. He is offered a free trip to Jerusalem and goes to find himself in his Jewish heritage. Yaron is their s
Sam Thorne
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance read copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Quite honestly, if my Kindle died and took this book with it, I'd pay to replace it. It's not often I come across books which blend topography, culture, emotion and heat quite so seamlessly. Josh and the unspeakably hot Yaron are beautifully drawn and the dialogue's great, with quite a few good one liners and descriptions that had me chuckling quietly to myself.

The heat level is really rather pleasing. This is a poli
Christina's Bookshelf
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporary
I think one of my favorite things about this book were the descriptions. Avery does such a fabulous job that I had a craving so intense for some Middle Eastern food that the next day I had to go get me some.

You can see my full review here: http://christinasbookshelf.net/2017/0...
Zane Kage
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5

I found Josh and Yaron fun and sexy. The push-and-pull was great; they were hot together and the dynamic between them reeled me in. I also thought things wrapped up quite well in an HEA after a pretty big bump in the relationship road.

I LOVED the tour through Israel, seeing the country through Josh's eyes. And that title! I absolutely adore the title and the role it played. Any time an author can bring heritage into a story and do it well, I'm the happiest camper ever. Definitely a win
Jessica
May 18, 2017
Lily
May 24, 2017
Avery Duran
May 29, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Chad
Vin9
Aug 13, 2017
M'rella
Aug 14, 2017
Parent Association President by day, Romance Author by night, Avery Duran enjoys the best of all worlds. She’s a minivan-driving, cupcake-baking, soccer mom, who works outside the home while raising three rambunctious boys. Easily distracted by shiny things, Avery found making up stories in her head was an effective way to fool people into thinking she was paying attention. Eventually, she decided ...more